Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 11:47 AM   #976
sump
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ignoring SageDonkey essays in NVG
Posts: 3,136
Re: *** Official Short questions and answers/small topics thread ***

Sounds like a no contest to me.

Either that or there needs to be some sort of consensus handshake.
sump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:09 PM   #977
RaiseAgainst
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: ITM
Posts: 1,142
Re: *** Official Short questions and answers/small topics thread ***

It seems obvious from the way you wrote it that you're looking for the answer "there is no bet"
There's no point answering this without the other side giving their version of events imo
RaiseAgainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:59 PM   #978
bartolomeus2k
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7
New Poker after Dark - Episodes

Anyone know where i can find the new poker after dark episodes? Like the NLH and PLO ones?

Much appreciated
bartolomeus2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:14 PM   #979
Gzesh
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 2,192
Re: New Poker after Dark - Episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartolomeus2k View Post
Anyone know where i can find the new poker after dark episodes? Like the NLH and PLO ones?

Much appreciated
(Definitely new thread-worthy)

I think the NLH and PLO ones will be on television. Not sure about the Badugi episodes
Gzesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:58 PM   #980
Weenus
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: 1537 Teramo Street
Posts: 82
George Mahaven

Anyone know this guy? He approached me with a business opportunity. Apparently is one of the legit top sports bettors and a PLO fish.
Weenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:32 AM   #981
Weenus
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: 1537 Teramo Street
Posts: 82
Re: George Mahaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenus View Post
Anyone know this guy? He approached me with a business opportunity. Apparently is one of the legit top sports bettors and a PLO fish.
Why was my thread moved? Are the mods protecting him?
Weenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:45 AM   #982
gregorio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 33,039
Re: *** Official Short questions and answers/small topics thread ***

Because this is the news, views, and gossip forum and your thread wasn't​ any of those.
gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:59 PM   #983
zoogenhiem
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,143
Re: New Poker after Dark - Episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzesh View Post
(Definitely new thread-worthy)

I think the NLH and PLO ones will be on television. Not sure about the Badugi episodes
Poker after Dark is being done through PokerGo so old episodes are archived on PokerGo (along with all the classic episodes). I hadn't heard of any plan for them to be on TV, although the Super High Roller Bowl has been airing on NBCSN. When was there a badugi episode?
zoogenhiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:28 AM   #984
Rikstar
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Talking Some advice please

I recently played a live event.
Got heads up vs a pro.
I had 3mil chips and he had 30 mil.
1st got £20400
2nd got £12500.
Plus there was a 30k package to the bahamas 4 1st.
I made a deal with him 4 13.5k and 10% of him in the $25000 tourney.
Does any 1 have any views on this was a good or a bad deal.
As for the deal i have no written contract on the 10% so do i have a legal right 2 it ...or am i just hoping he will do the houranble thing?????????????
Rikstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #985
falldown
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,013
Re: Some advice please

It's not a horrible deal, but if I were you I would try to get something other than we talked about it.

Do you have witnesses? Can you text him and ask for him to text back confirmation, email, something?
falldown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:54 AM   #986
durango155
Pooh-Bah
 
durango155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,570
Re: Some advice please

Given the stacks you were obviously a huge dog but two shove and double ups and it's a different game so depends on how much gamble you got and what the money means to you, etc
durango155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:03 AM   #987
SB12
grinder
 
SB12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: East Coast
Posts: 592
Re: Some advice please

Would for sure try and get something in writing either over texts messages or on a signed piece of paper for your 10%.
SB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:03 PM   #988
LektorAJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 6,534
Re: *** Official Short questions and answers/small topics thread ***

The way to approach it is this. You've both locked up the 12.5K for 2nd. Now you're playing for:
additional 7900 in cash and 30K package.

Heads up, if you have 1/11 of the chips then in theory you have a 1/11 chance of winning and should get 1/11 of the value.

37900 / 11 = 3445.

Your deal on paper seems to be worth 1K cash + a 2.5K share of the pro. So it's fine.

If this guy is any good then you would probably have had to pay mark up to get that share because on average he is going to win more than his entry fees, so we could say it's worth more than 2.5K. On the other hand, there is the risk of him not paying you. I would probably rather have taken 3.5K in cash if possible.

Other things to think about is how good you are at playing heads up poker. If you have very little experience then pretty much any deal is good for you as you have a much less than 1/11 chance. With shallow stacks then who is next to be in the BB at the time you make a deal can change the value too. Also the value of money and whether you really want to go to the Carribean and play this yourself or are happy to cash out your chance of that potentially happening.
LektorAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:46 PM   #989
SolarJesus
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 20
Has 2+2 ever mentioned a redesign

A redesign of this wonderful site, or is that just a pipe-dream?

Nothing major, even if they white-washed the background it would look cleaner/current.

Hope it's in the cards some day.........
SolarJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:10 PM   #990
coon74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: if I lose, I'll be wiser
Posts: 10,485
Re: Has 2+2 ever mentioned a redesign

Try selecting another built-in theme: My 2+2 -> Edit Options -> Miscellaneous Options -> Forum Skin.
coon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #991
Gzesh
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 2,192
Re: Has 2+2 ever mentioned a redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarJesus View Post
A redesign of this wonderful site, or is that just a pipe-dream?

Nothing major, even if they white-washed the background it would look cleaner/current.

Hope it's in the cards some day.........
https://www.thinkahead.com/wp-conten...ad-300x222.gif

Last edited by Gzesh; 06-14-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Gzesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #992
SolarJesus
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 20
Re: Has 2+2 ever mentioned a redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 View Post
Try selecting another built-in theme: My 2+2 -> Edit Options -> Miscellaneous Options -> Forum Skin.
game changer, thank you. Hello verdant!
SolarJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:36 PM   #993
coon74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: if I lose, I'll be wiser
Posts: 10,485
Re: Has 2+2 ever mentioned a redesign

You're welcome!
coon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:54 AM   #994
sixfour
should be called sevenfour
 
sixfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fire Rod Harrington
Posts: 61,785
Re: Has 2+2 ever mentioned a redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarJesus View Post
A redesign of this wonderful site, or is that just a pipe-dream?

Nothing major, even if they white-washed the background it would look cleaner/current.

Hope it's in the cards some day.........
What's broken with the current site that needs fixing?
sixfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:26 AM   #995
JD2003
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 136
Re: *** Official Short questions and answers/small topics thread ***

PSD forums recently added a category to posts so a thread can be news, discussion, trades, and few others that make for a visual sort. They don't have anywhere near the posts so subjects stay up longer but that's a vbulliten forum and it could be wroth considering
JD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:31 AM   #996
LektorAJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 6,534
Re: *** Official Short questions and answers/small topics thread ***

The above few posts are about this site rather than poker news views and gossip.

On the left there is an "About the Forums" forum where this type of suggestion might be more likely to reach the people who decide these things.
LektorAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:36 PM   #997
R*R
Painting It Black
 
R*R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Khashoggi's last column.
Posts: 8,183
Re: *** Official Short questions and answers/small topics thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikstar View Post
I recently played a live event.
Got heads up vs a pro.
I had 3mil chips and he had 30 mil.
1st got £20400
2nd got £12500.
Plus there was a 30k package to the bahamas 4 1st.
I made a deal with him 4 13.5k and 10% of him in the $25000 tourney.
Does any 1 have any views on this was a good or a bad deal.
As for the deal i have no written contract on the 10% so do i have a legal right 2 it ...or am i just hoping he will do the houranble thing?????????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by LektorAJ View Post
The way to approach it is this. You've both locked up the 12.5K for 2nd. Now you're playing for:
additional 7900 in cash and 30K package.

Heads up, if you have 1/11 of the chips then in theory you have a 1/11 chance of winning and should get 1/11 of the value.

37900 / 11 = 3445.

Your deal on paper seems to be worth 1K cash + a 2.5K share of the pro. So it's fine.

If this guy is any good then you would probably have had to pay mark up to get that share because on average he is going to win more than his entry fees, so we could say it's worth more than 2.5K. On the other hand, there is the risk of him not paying you. I would probably rather have taken 3.5K in cash if possible.

Other things to think about is how good you are at playing heads up poker. If you have very little experience then pretty much any deal is good for you as you have a much less than 1/11 chance. With shallow stacks then who is next to be in the BB at the time you make a deal can change the value too. Also the value of money and whether you really want to go to the Carribean and play this yourself or are happy to cash out your chance of that potentially happening.

Good answer! I especially like the bolded.
R*R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:24 PM   #998
nachtymator
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2
are you know any web or app ??

Hi

Are you know any web or app with informations about live poker tournaments and cash games ? I will go to the London and I dont know where can play any tournaments or cash games.

thanks and GL
nachtymator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #999
The Full Ring Nit
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 46
Re: are you know any web or app ??

try the casinos
The Full Ring Nit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:33 PM   #1000
nachtymator
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2
Re: are you know any web or app ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Full Ring Nit View Post
try the casinos
Any scheduled tournaments on the one place ?
nachtymator is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online