Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

View Poll Results: How long before Isildur1 goes busto poll question
Isildur1 will not make it out of November before going busto 142 8.29%
Will not see year 2010 before going busto 376 21.95%
Will go busto early in year 2010 189 11.03%
Will not go busto for a very long time 182 10.62%
Isildur1 will not go busto, period ! 348 20.32%
Who is Idildur1 189 11.03%
I could give a rat's arse if Isildur1 goes busto or not ! 287 16.75%
Voters: 1713. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #201
Sawcruhteez
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: around
Posts: 621
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Loctus, your the fool that claims to have gone to school w Blom, right? I am sure that you have been following this hot topic closer than most, so tell me what you think are the chances that he's Isildur? Just with their crazy aggro playing style, and how they both seem to take on the toughest competition they can find?
Sawcruhteez is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #202
mayor_haggar
veteran
 
mayor_haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: manchester
Posts: 2,273
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

John Duthie knows who he is, apparently.
mayor_haggar is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #203
similan
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 390
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowImsobad View Post
Imagine having 2 years worth of datamined hands and knowing what to do in every possible scenario vs these players to exploit them ridiculously.

No one ever suspected cheating until todays session. It was ridiculous to anyone with half a brain watching. Everytime they had the nuts he checked (they were checking sometimes to showdown as well - to see his cards?). Everytime they were bluffing, he called. Everytime he had funky hands he was betting hard and winning (like reraising benyamine with A9xx on AKQ flop -turn check/river check). Bottom 2? It's good. 3 q's on JAQJQ board? It's good. Just a pair? Good.

It was ridiculous... 26 buyins in 1 hour is ridiculous in itself but how he won it was even worse. Now it's not to say this guy must be cheating but if you aren't suspicious after watching him the last few weeks (like putting 100k into 30k pots when he knows durrrr doesn't have the nuts) you have to be suspicious.

If he's outclassing these guys, I'm extremely impressed for what it's worth.

But I doubt it.
similan is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #204
Duncelanas
Pooh-Bah
 
Duncelanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Losing money at husngs
Posts: 5,881
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by similan View Post
No one ever suspected cheating until todays session. It was ridiculous to anyone with half a brain watching. Everytime they had the nuts he checked (they were checking sometimes to showdown as well - to see his cards?). Everytime they were bluffing, he called. Everytime he had funky hands he was betting hard and winning (like reraising benyamine with A9xx on AKQ flop -turn check/river check). Bottom 2? It's good. 3 q's on JAQJQ board? It's good. Just a pair? Good.

It was ridiculous... 26 buyins in 1 hour is ridiculous in itself but how he won it was even worse. Now it's not to say this guy must be cheating but if you aren't suspicious after watching him the last few weeks (like putting 100k into 30k pots when he knows durrrr doesn't have the nuts) you have to be suspicious.

If he's outclassing these guys, I'm extremely impressed for what it's worth.

But I doubt it.
Isi is confusing the hell out of durrrr. And durrrr has won some pretty big pots. I strongly doubt that he's cheating in any way. He just has lots of history on all the high stakes players and is using that to his advantage. Combine that with a monster heater and you have multiple mio in a couple weeks. Isi is proving once more that you want to stay out of the way of a hyper aggro player going on a heater.
Duncelanas is online now  
Old 11-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #205
MaybeYesMaybeNo
old hand
 
MaybeYesMaybeNo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: overconfidence city
Posts: 1,565
Re: **** November High Stakes Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick View Post
wow, all this cheating talk is starting to make me think twice.

HE'S A WITCH!!!!!
he s 4 tabling PA now, the cheating scares me.
MaybeYesMaybeNo is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #206
boogernaut
grinder
 
boogernaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: somewhere in omaha
Posts: 446
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Isildur1 has put out this comment on cheating he's actually so upset he went to a psych with his wife because he's depressed and who's this vince character he's avoiding?

He even skipped a lakers game.......have a watch its very inspirational and he's upset about this stuff....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30_yf...aynext_from=PL
boogernaut is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #207
Vega33
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 500
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by similan View Post
No one ever suspected cheating until todays session. It was ridiculous to anyone with half a brain watching. Everytime they had the nuts he checked (they were checking sometimes to showdown as well - to see his cards?)
So let's make the leap of faith and assume that Isildur somehow got a UB-style superuser account (that is what you're suggesting, right?) If you had such an account, would you use it to fleece equity owners of the poker site that you are playing on? The same people who are in a position to investigate and make sure everything is on the level? I don't think so.
Vega33 is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #208
Nezh
2010 2+2 Chess Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 845
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

The Durrrr meltdown must mean the end of his matchup w Antonius. Should he be defaulted and obliged to pay up that bet, his career choices will be limited.
Nezh is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #209
GoldenBears
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GoldenBears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 22,131
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega33 View Post
So let's make the leap of faith and assume that Isildur somehow got a UB-style superuser account (that is what you're suggesting, right?) If you had such an account, would you use it to fleece equity owners of the poker site that you are playing on? The same people who are in a position to investigate and make sure everything is on the level? I don't think so.
To be fair, the people that Isuldur is playing are pretty much the only ones that will play that high.

Not in any way accusing him of cheating, I'm just saying that your argument against it doesn't really hold much water.
GoldenBears is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #210
Jetto
banned
 
Jetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NBA
Posts: 10,888
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Jetto is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 12:03 AM   #211
JDG001
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 378
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

I hope to god the hair is photoshopped.
JDG001 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 12:05 AM   #212
aura
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Emanating
Posts: 10,048
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetto View Post
He ran.

Ran so far away.

imo
aura is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #213
boogernaut
grinder
 
boogernaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: somewhere in omaha
Posts: 446
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetto View Post

not isildur this guys name is Kurt....guitarist and singer for nirvana having a bad hair day
boogernaut is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 12:35 AM   #214
pkrplyrX
adept
 
pkrplyrX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Playing HU Rush
Posts: 1,134
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Isildur and durrrr HU 3 tables PLO right now

Was 4 tables but durrr quit 1
pkrplyrX is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 12:41 AM   #215
ares211
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

I'd like to preface this by saying that I'm not a poker player and would not have the first clue as to how this Isildur1 guy would play the game, and if that would equal cheating. All that I will reveal about myself is that I was deeply involved in the world of computers and security for many years until very recently. With that out of the way let me get to the point.
A friend of mine that regularly plays 5/10-10/20NL was telling me the story of this guy and saying that from his play he did not think the guy was cheating, but he just could not believe that the guy was winning at the rate he was against the guys he was beating. Furthermore, he did not think that the guy could see his opponents hands based on the way the gameplay worked out. So he sent me some HH's and explained some poker theory to me and why he believed that the guy could not see the cards based on the play. However, from what i've observed and been told about the play of the hands, if this individual is indeed cheating it is not by seeing cards, but rather by doing what I would call boosting the rng. In fact it's not that difficult to boost the rng and set up a completely transparent situation in terms of gameplay provided that the person in question is a skilled enough player to understand what the gameplay should look like. Moreover, as I explained to my friend there are ways to boost the rng in real time so that you may set up the situations in real time as they happen, that said he would need some sort of an assistant to do this as the guy plays many tables at a time. I have no clue as to whether Isildur1 is doing this, yet for anyone to think it is not possible is ignorant of many basic facts of rng's and how pokersites do security.
ares211 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 12:48 AM   #216
tsarast
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 192
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

ares... intrigued by what u said... but you never explain what "boosting the rng" is... im curious
tsarast is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 12:48 AM   #217
alwaysdegen
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,053
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares211 View Post
I'd like to preface this by saying that I'm not a poker player and would not have the first clue as to how this Isildur1 guy would play the game, and if that would equal cheating. All that I will reveal about myself is that I was deeply involved in the world of computers and security for many years until very recently. With that out of the way let me get to the point.
A friend of mine that regularly plays 5/10-10/20NL was telling me the story of this guy and saying that from his play he did not think the guy was cheating, but he just could not believe that the guy was winning at the rate he was against the guys he was beating. Furthermore, he did not think that the guy could see his opponents hands based on the way the gameplay worked out. So he sent me some HH's and explained some poker theory to me and why he believed that the guy could not see the cards based on the play. However, from what i've observed and been told about the play of the hands, if this individual is indeed cheating it is not by seeing cards, but rather by doing what I would call boosting the rng. In fact it's not that difficult to boost the rng and set up a completely transparent situation in terms of gameplay provided that the person in question is a skilled enough player to understand what the gameplay should look like. Moreover, as I explained to my friend there are ways to boost the rng in real time so that you may set up the situations in real time as they happen, that said he would need some sort of an assistant to do this as the guy plays many tables at a time. I have no clue as to whether Isildur1 is doing this, yet for anyone to think it is not possible is ignorant of many basic facts of rng's and how pokersites do security.
lol
alwaysdegen is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:03 AM   #218
ares211
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Basically Tsarast when i talk about when I say boosting the rng I'm talking about hacking the algorithm, which is what is used compute the randomness of the rng. I will not go into how this is done or how to fool certain systems into not knowing it's being done but I know from experience it can be done. For anyone that wants to lol at what i'm saying I would like to see you refute my claim with some facts. Again, I'm not saying that Isildur1 is doing this, and moreover, I'd say the chances of him doing this are extremely remote.
ares211 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:05 AM   #219
realwtf
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 515
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

oooo they boosting the RNG!!!!
realwtf is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:08 AM   #220
boogernaut
grinder
 
boogernaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: somewhere in omaha
Posts: 446
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsarast View Post
ares... intrigued by what u said... but you never explain what "boosting the rng" is... im curious
ummm ya that woulda helped.

wtf was all that about anyway. guys his bb/100 isnt that great and he's playing great while his competition is playing poor. Thats all. They just can't believe he can beat them yet and are paying a huge tax to find that out...or he can play at their level rather and their play is not up to their usual standards...


Confirmed isildur1 is boosting the rng

btw I think the one guy that has the game to beat him is benyamine

rape new guy= rng so essentially he is boosting the play of rng and doing the voodoo mind trick flip of rng to go in his favor...imo

Last edited by boogernaut; 11-16-2009 at 01:14 AM.
boogernaut is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:12 AM   #221
smitty831
journeyman
 
smitty831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 212
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares211 View Post
Basically Tsarast when i talk about when I say boosting the rng I'm talking about hacking the algorithm, which is what is used compute the randomness of the rng. I will not go into how this is done or how to fool certain systems into not knowing it's being done but I know from experience it can be done. For anyone that wants to lol at what i'm saying I would like to see you refute my claim with some facts. Again, I'm not saying that Isildur1 is doing this, and moreover, I'd say the chances of him doing this are extremely remote.
i just ran through some hh's...

[x] confirmed
smitty831 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:15 AM   #222
ares211
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Boogernaut, I have no clue what bb/100 is or anything like that. You certainly know more about this than me, and I'm sure what you say about him playing great is correct. Perhaps i should not have posted what I did regarding an individual player, but rather, I should have directed it towards the need for regulation and a better understanding of how pokersites protect their clients money and the integrity of thier games.
ares211 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #223
alwaysdegen
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,053
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares211 View Post
Basically Tsarast when i talk about when I say boosting the rng I'm talking about hacking the algorithm, which is what is used compute the randomness of the rng. I will not go into how this is done or how to fool certain systems into not knowing it's being done but I know from experience it can be done. For anyone that wants to lol at what i'm saying I would like to see you refute my claim with some facts. Again, I'm not saying that Isildur1 is doing this, and moreover, I'd say the chances of him doing this are extremely remote.
Its lol as long as u dont explain how it works etc, now it just sound like some random statement. And why would you go to a public forum , containing 90% idiots with this?
alwaysdegen is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:23 AM   #224
ares211
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

AlwaysDegen, I'd like to make a few points answering your questions.

1. I don't play poker and thus, had no clue that this site was 90% idiots, thanks for the info.

2. I went public because a friend asked If I would and i see no malice in what I said. However, if you see malice in my statement point it out and I will gladly apologize.

3. I could no more explain how RNG's work in a few sentences than you could explain to me how to beat big money poker games to me in a few sentences. It is obv more complex then what I said.
ares211 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:31 AM   #225
Reines
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 71
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares211 View Post
AlwaysDegen, I'd like to make a few points answering your questions.

1. I don't play poker and thus, had no clue that this site was 90% idiots, thanks for the info.

2. I went public because a friend asked If I would and i see no malice in what I said. However, if you see malice in my statement point it out and I will gladly apologize.

3. I could no more explain how RNG's work in a few sentences than you could explain to me how to beat big money poker games to me in a few sentences. It is obv more complex then what I said.
Can you please try to explain, if you're serious and not levelling? Just tell us what we need to know; How the RNG works, and how someone playing the highest stakes on the internet that is obviously now under the spotlight of literally everyone in the poker community (including FTP security) could alter the algorithm or find a way to cheat, and how to do this without being caught.
Reines is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive