Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

View Poll Results: How long before Isildur1 goes busto poll question
Isildur1 will not make it out of November before going busto 142 8.29%
Will not see year 2010 before going busto 376 21.95%
Will go busto early in year 2010 189 11.03%
Will not go busto for a very long time 182 10.62%
Isildur1 will not go busto, period ! 348 20.32%
Who is Idildur1 189 11.03%
I could give a rat's arse if Isildur1 goes busto or not ! 287 16.75%
Voters: 1713. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #301
Tamtaram
adept
 
Tamtaram's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Living a very charmed life
Posts: 1,064
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

To add to the rig-debate I want to ask the following:

How difficult would it be to sniff on the internet traffic from FTP and select traffic going to other players? I am assuming the traffic has to be decrypted, but is it even remotely possible? It must be huge amounts of data.
Tamtaram is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #302
ohbobbins
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 294
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Rather than cheating, could it not be that Full Tilt's PR team have just done a brilliant job convincing everyone that the world's best players are all on Full Tilt ?
ohbobbins is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #303
NRP
journeyman
 
NRP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 273
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

I wonder how many FT points Isildur1 has, and what is he going to do with them...
NRP is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #304
boogernaut
grinder
 
boogernaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: somewhere in omaha
Posts: 446
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRP View Post
I wonder how many FT points Isildur1 has, and what is he going to do with them...
Not sure I think he mainly tries to play during happy hour so he gets more points though. He is one smart cookie
boogernaut is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #305
EGarrett
old hand
 
EGarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,562
Re: **** November High Stakes Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLost View Post
i'd really assume if he was cheating he'd make much less suspicious plays (not checking back trips when durrrr backdoors a flush, not making RIDICULOUS calls) and just make more bluffs when durrrr has nothing, etc.
I think the best way to cheat, assuming you could see your opponent's cards, would be to keep them covered 90% of the time...then peek at them in the big pots. Every now and then use it to beat them out of several buy-ins in big pots, then go back to covering the cards for a few hundred hands.

Perhaps though it's like using Save States in emulator games. You try to say you're not going to do it a lot at first, then inevitably you end up save stating every 5 seconds.
EGarrett is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #306
CyberMuppet
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 581
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegorino View Post
Durrrr actually looks like a hobbit.
Confirmed. Snapped this photo:



(also available in 1920x1280)
CyberMuppet is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #307
lenasrokas
adept
 
lenasrokas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Last Train To Grindland
Posts: 1,184
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRP View Post
I wonder how many FT points Isildur1 has, and what is he going to do with them...
imo he's going to use them to play satties to qualify for some sunday tourneys after team full tilt pro's will bust him!
lenasrokas is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #308
hammer_time
veteran
 
hammer_time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,791
Re: **** November High Stakes Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLost View Post
i'd really assume if he was cheating he'd make much less suspicious plays (not checking back trips when durrrr backdoors a flush, not making RIDICULOUS calls) and just make more bluffs when durrrr has nothing, etc.
yeah because the last superusers on Absolute were subtle?

if Isildur1 is revealed as someone who crushed on other networks it would remove doubt. it looks increasingly unlikely that is going to happen.

Isildur1 probably isn't cheating, but I was one of the first to call it out and I got so many people calling me a ****** lol. I still think it's possible. I've seen him shove 2nd pair for value and then check back a rivered runner runner straight in position against durrrr's nut straight on a non paired non flush board. That means he "thought" Durrrr would only call with a 6 in his hand, yet he's seen him call down looser in so many spots and on scary boards and Durrrr can't expect him to have rivered a straight too often and it's not like Isildur never bets strange on the river. Just weird.
hammer_time is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #309
Rauha
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 141
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMuppet View Post
Confirmed. Snapped this photo:



(also available in 1920x1280)
Thanks. Very nice .
Rauha is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #310
Yaksha
adept
 
Yaksha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,102
Re: **** November High Stakes Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer_time View Post
Isildur1 probably isn't cheating, but I was one of the first to call it out and I got so many people calling me a ****** lol. I still think it's possible.
Nobody really is arguing that it is simply impossible. OBVIOUSLY it is "possible". But if you think that the possibility is significant enought to bother "calling it out" then you clearly don't really understand how poker works, so you can't really begrudge people calling you a ****** on a poker forum :P Yes, he's making some unorthodox plays - that's going to happen when you're playing 6 tables and making instant decisions. Sometimes they're not going to be as rational as the interpretations you can make at your leisure. There's simply nothing that points to any foul play. He's playing well, he's running well, his opponents aren't playing great (durrr anyway); and he's putting in a TONNE of volume. That's all there is to it at this stage.
Yaksha is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #311
kylephilly
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kylephilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: It's Always Sunny...
Posts: 9,373
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

maybe Isildur knows where durrr lives and he has a telescope outside his window and reads the cards while they play
kylephilly is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #312
flagsfubu
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 174
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

haha wouldnt that be sooo sick if he paid someone to break into durrrs house and plant a hidden camera with a computer view!!
flagsfubu is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 05:58 PM   #313
stueycal
veteran
 
stueycal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 2,904
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

I'm not really sure why durrrr hasn't just boomswitched himself, while at the same time doomswitching isildur..make monies amirite?
stueycal is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #314
NRP
journeyman
 
NRP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 273
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagsfubu View Post
haha wouldnt that be sooo sick if he paid someone to break into durrrs house and plant a hidden camera with a computer view!!
Probably durrrr's face while playing Isildur1

NRP is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #315
Richard88
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,729
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

FTP will probally do the same what they done to Full flush after he makes a few withdrawls and max his depositing at something like 5k a month so he dosent busto everyone.
Richard88 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #316
evil_ronnie
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,410
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

there's an screenshot somewhere of him playing clearly showing he's using bot software. i don't think we can rule out the possiblilty that he's cheating. i mean he's won over 5 million in two weeks!
evil_ronnie is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #317
PlzBinkOne
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Up Top
Posts: 23
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Here is one for the railtards

Isildur1= Sussie Smith on PS
PlzBinkOne is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #318
hammer_time
veteran
 
hammer_time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,791
Re: **** November High Stakes Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
Nobody really is arguing that it is simply impossible. OBVIOUSLY it is "possible". But if you think that the possibility is significant enought to bother "calling it out" then you clearly don't really understand how poker works, so you can't really begrudge people calling you a ****** on a poker forum :P Yes, he's making some unorthodox plays - that's going to happen when you're playing 6 tables and making instant decisions. Sometimes they're not going to be as rational as the interpretations you can make at your leisure. There's simply nothing that points to any foul play. He's playing well, he's running well, his opponents aren't playing great (durrr anyway); and he's putting in a TONNE of volume. That's all there is to it at this stage.
As in any serious debate a lot of it comes down to how terms are defined. I don't mean possible in the sense it's possible there are aliens on the moon, because otherwise it's a pointless statement. I would bet on it getting 15:1 odds for example, if there was a way we could know for certain.

It's likely he's not cheating, but he has made a lot of weird plays and raped everyone.. I didn't even think it was possible to be that much better and have that much of an edge against the best in world. If he's the real deal then he's an absolute poker genius unlike anything else the world has seen.

Anyway my point is, he probably isn't cheating but I'm still suspicous and my original remark was relating to how everyone shot me down when I suggested it days back when he first started crushing Durrrr and now I have noticed a few more people have been murmuring it.

It's certainly made poker railing a lot more interesting.
hammer_time is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #319
playitlikeaset
banned
 
playitlikeaset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 741
Re: **** November High Stakes Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer_time View Post

It's likely he's not cheating, but he has made a lot of weird plays and raped everyone.. I didn't even think it was possible to be that much better and have that much of an edge against the best in world. If he's the real deal then he's an absolute poker genius unlike anything else the world has seen.

Anyway my point is, he probably isn't cheating but I'm still suspicous and my original remark was relating to how everyone shot me down when I suggested it days back when he first started crushing Durrrr and now I have noticed a few more people have been murmuring it.

It's certainly made poker railing a lot more interesting.
this is exactly how i feel too. how can he be that much better than the best players in the world? either this guy is just really good/running so so good or he is cheating. Time will really, tell icallsowhat, slarktarn to name a few. if this guys still around than maybe he is that good, or hes just cheating but not doing it excessively enough for people to realize. but i find it weird that guys like ziig would not play him HU cause they are suspicious.
playitlikeaset is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #320
clickabutton
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 939
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Everyone who thinks there's a small possibility of Isildur cheating is a complete ******. That's all.
clickabutton is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #321
J0hny
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
J0hny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,398
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

I think hes awesome and on a solid heater but there is always a little chance that something is going on.But i dont think there is..
J0hny is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #322
ajrees
grinder
 
ajrees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 648
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by playitlikeaset View Post
this is exactly how i feel too. how can he be that much better than the best players in the world? either this guy is just really good/running so so good or he is cheating. Time will really, tell icallsowhat, slarktarn to name a few. if this guys still around than maybe he is that good, or hes just cheating but not doing it excessively enough for people to realize. but i find it weird that guys like ziig would not play him HU cause they are suspicious.

FFS why do people keep repeating this. Ziig never said he suspected that Isildur was cheating, that was just inferred by all you NVGtards. He could have just as easily been suspicious that it was a well-know high stakes reg playing under a new name, and yet nobody has even mentioned this possibility.

Alternatively, Ziig might choose to not play him simply because he is....

Spoiler:


ajrees is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #323
Yaksha
adept
 
Yaksha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,102
Re: **** November High Stakes Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by playitlikeaset View Post
this is exactly how i feel too. how can he be that much better than the best players in the world? either this guy is just really good/running so so good or he is cheating. Time will really, tell icallsowhat, slarktarn to name a few. if this guys still around than maybe he is that good, or hes just cheating but not doing it excessively enough for people to realize. but i find it weird that guys like ziig would not play him HU cause they are suspicious.
Ziig isn't playing him because he doesn't know who he is. He hasn't actually said he suspects anything untoward.

The reason he's crushing is a few things:
a) He's extremely good
b) He obviously has more experience than the people he's playing in multi-tabling HU. Not that many people will 6-table HU, certainly not as well as him
c) He's running pretty well
d) Durrr has been tilting pretty hard from what I see, routinely making spewy plays.
e) He's had all the time in the world to watch Durrr's game before taking him on. This is a pretty big advantage until durrrr adjusts (or goes broke).
f) He's puttin in SO much volume that it looks like he's crushing more than he is. He's only winning 4.66bb/hour or something. It's very good, but nothing ridiculous that we need to resort to foul-play arguments.

There's really nothing more in it.
Yaksha is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #324
Maxaon
old hand
 
Maxaon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,856
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares211 View Post
This what I was saying is possible, although stuff has been updated the general principle remains the same. For people saying they don't understand why I posted I think I've made it clear. What I'm saying is that certain people think he is cheating, but the way they think he's cheating is not viable based on the way the hands were played, otherwise the guys playing him would have picked it up quicker than any of us. So if he is cheating the only way to do it would be by cracking the rng. As far as people saying he would never cheat at these stakes and against these opponents your prob right, but that doesn't mean that it can't be done even if isildur1 isn't doing it. I promise you it can be done and prob will be done somewhere in the future, there is entirely too much money to be made for someone not to give it a shot.
You are posturing as an expert on the matter yet you do not realize how difficult it is to crack a decent RNG. The RNGs that these sites use generate random sequences not pseudo random sequences. They can do that by mixing a pseudo random sequence (whose state is determined by game state and the timer) with an outside source of entropy (i.e fan noise, fluctuations in hardware voltages ,etc). So in order to determine what output the RNG will produce not only do you need to know the exact time (to the microsecond) in which the number is generated and the game state. You also need to know, for example, exactly how much noise the CPU fan on the FT server was making. So good luck with that.
Maxaon is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #325
playitlikeaset
banned
 
playitlikeaset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 741
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrees View Post
FFS why do people keep repeating this. Ziig never said he suspected that Isildur was cheating, that was just inferred by all you NVGtards. He could have just as easily been suspicious that it was a well-know high stakes reg playing under a new name, and yet nobody has even mentioned this possibility.

Alternatively, Ziig might choose to not play him simply because he is....

Spoiler:


suspicious doesnt mean cheating
playitlikeaset is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive