Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

View Poll Results: How long before Isildur1 goes busto poll question
Isildur1 will not make it out of November before going busto 142 8.29%
Will not see year 2010 before going busto 376 21.95%
Will go busto early in year 2010 189 11.03%
Will not go busto for a very long time 182 10.62%
Isildur1 will not go busto, period ! 348 20.32%
Who is Idildur1 189 11.03%
I could give a rat's arse if Isildur1 goes busto or not ! 287 16.75%
Voters: 1713. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:31 AM   #226
agent87
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 238
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Cracking the RNG is not unheard of. It happened to Planet Poker in 1999. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links, so search google for "planet poker Cigital" and you can see the way it was done in 1999. It was an academic study, but it proves it can be done.
agent87 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:32 AM   #227
alwaysdegen
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,053
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares211 View Post
AlwaysDegen, I'd like to make a few points answering your questions.

1. I don't play poker and thus, had no clue that this site was 90% idiots, thanks for the info.

2. I went public because a friend asked If I would and i see no malice in what I said. However, if you see malice in my statement point it out and I will gladly apologize.

3. I could no more explain how RNG's work in a few sentences than you could explain to me how to beat big money poker games to me in a few sentences. It is obv more complex then what I said.
The bad part of this, is that there are lot of guys here that LOVES conspiracies, and what u say now gonna be fact for them in 10min.
Its not only bad for online poker with rumours like this ,its also disrespectful vs an excellent player. Plus im pretty sure fulltilt got stuff to handle these kind of issues. Hope u did understand my english (its not mu
y
y native language)
alwaysdegen is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:33 AM   #228
Reines
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 71
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

And obviously if there was a situation where someone was smart enough to cheat, they would not play nosebleed 500/1k heads up on 6 tables against durrrr. If they're smart enough to cheat, they're smart enough to not get caught. Beating the best in the world for 4+million dollars is enough to earn the scrutiny of the public eye, thus Isildur has nothing to hide it would seem. He's just damn good/is on a hot streak.
Reines is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:35 AM   #229
alwaysdegen
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,053
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reines View Post
And obviously if there was a situation where someone was smart enough to cheat, they would not play nosebleed 500/1k heads up on 6 tables against durrrr. If they're smart enough to cheat, they're smart enough to not get caught. Beating the best in the world for 4+million dollars is enough to earn the scrutiny of the public eye, thus Isildur has nothing to hide it would seem. He's just damn good/is on a hot streak.
this +1
alwaysdegen is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:36 AM   #230
Reines
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 71
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent87 View Post
Cracking the RNG is not unheard of. It happened to Planet Poker in 1999. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links, so search google for "planet poker Cigital" and you can see the way it was done in 1999. It was an academic study, but it proves it can be done.
think about it though. if you had to mental capacity to crack a RNG of a poker site you could literally make HUNDREDS of millions of dollars at 25/50+ over your lifetime. Without getting caught if you had a semblance of poker knowledge. If isildur did this, why would he put himself in the spotlight playing the toughest hunl player in the world on 6 tables at the highest stakes available?
Reines is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:38 AM   #231
funkyfood
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,500
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reines View Post
Beating the best in the world for 4+million dollars is enough to earn the scrutiny of the public eye, thus Isildur has nothing to hide it would seem.
obv he's levelling the **** out of you
funkyfood is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:38 AM   #232
ares211
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent87 View Post
Cracking the RNG is not unheard of. It happened to Planet Poker in 1999. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links, so search google for "planet poker Cigital" and you can see the way it was done in 1999. It was an academic study, but it proves it can be done.
1. If you look up the info from this quote it should give u a basic understanding although stuff has been updated since then.

2. Alwaysdegen, your english is fine as far as i can tell. I did not realize the level of conspiracy that goes on here. I did not mean to be disrespectful to Isildur1 or what he has accomplished. Also because RNG's can be cracked does not mean that it is happening in this case!!!!!!!!!
ares211 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:46 AM   #233
alwaysdegen
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,053
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares211 View Post
1. If you look up the info from this quote it should give u a basic understanding although stuff has been updated since then.

2. Alwaysdegen, your english is fine as far as i can tell. I did not realize the level of conspiracy that goes on here. I did not mean to be disrespectful to Isildur1 or what he has accomplished. Also because RNG's can be cracked does not mean that it is happening in this case!!!!!!!!!
I just dont understand your intention with this. Ofc he could be cheating , but its not very likely esp since nosebleeds(high limits) are attracting alot of attention.
What do you wanna say, im not upset or anything, i just dont understand your point.
alwaysdegen is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #234
boogernaut
grinder
 
boogernaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: somewhere in omaha
Posts: 446
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares211 View Post
1. If you look up the info from this quote it should give u a basic understanding although stuff has been updated since then.

2. Alwaysdegen, your english is fine as far as i can tell. I did not realize the level of conspiracy that goes on here. I did not mean to be disrespectful to Isildur1 or what he has accomplished. Also because RNG's can be cracked does not mean that it is happening in this case!!!!!!!!!
Ok im curious how would this be able to help him? Would he be able to predict cards to come and he plays 4-6 tables at a time...I just dont think it would help you as much as you would think

edit: in no way will i take this rng theory as fact in 10min...i think he's playing better than competition thats it
boogernaut is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:05 AM   #235
boogernaut
grinder
 
boogernaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: somewhere in omaha
Posts: 446
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

quote...

The reason for collecting user action data is to introduce TRUE randomness so that someone doesn't guess the sequence of "pseudo-random" numbers. Pseudo-random numbers is all a computer can generate. That means that after a while, these numbers repeat themselves. If someone cracks that sequence, they could use it to predict what cards will come. (This has happened at least once many years ago with a bad implementation.) The user actions are random, and they are used to make sure that there are no repeating sequences of numbers. It is, however, not necessary to apply this to each street. If you can shuffle the deck with "true" randomness, you can then just pull the cards sequentially.

So, most likely, the outcome of a hand is predetermined regardless of the actions of the players.

this is a quote from another forum

Is this what your talking about ares? I guess it is possible...hmmmm you would think though full tilt knows this and after the UB debacle they have a system in place they make too much money to screw this up. But the site is ran by degenerate gamblers anything is possible
boogernaut is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:12 AM   #236
458 Lott
banned
 
458 Lott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 622
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

I don't understand any of this. LOL His graph starts on Sept. 16th of this year. It stays virtually level for a month, then takes a -$577k dive and stays under $0 for 2 and a half weeks, then starts to skyrocket on Nov 6th. In 9 days he has become the greatest player ever. This makes no sense at all. Something isn't right with this. Or, this is the luckiest sob on the face of the earth. Which I doubt.

Also, Zig seems to be the only one with any brains, by staying clear of this.

Last edited by 458 Lott; 11-16-2009 at 02:19 AM.
458 Lott is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:15 AM   #237
jojo77
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 251
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

just stop with the conspiracy. To know he's not cheating all we need to know is that Durr and PA still play with him. You don't think they've asked FT to make sure his account is legit? These guys have millions to risk, you conspira-tards have nothing to risk.

Yea i'll go with their opinion.
jojo77 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:17 AM   #238
alwaysdegen
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,053
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 458 Lott View Post
I don't understand any of this. LOL His graph starts on Sept. 16th of this year. It stays virtually level for a month, then takes a -$577k dive and stays under $0 for 2 and a half weeks, then starts to skyrocket on Nov 6th. In 9 days he has become the greatest player ever. This makes no sense at all. Something isn't right with this. Or, this is the luckiest sob on the face of the earth. Which I doubt.
So apart from variance you have no real arguments.
alwaysdegen is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:20 AM   #239
alwaysdegen
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,053
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Its so simple and lazy to say hes cheating based on nothing. Hes suddenly winning he must be cheating is not good enough for making a statement. Bring something serious at least to make some kind of point.
alwaysdegen is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:22 AM   #240
YouGotPLOWned
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 333
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares211 View Post
1. If you look up the info from this quote it should give u a basic understanding although stuff has been updated since then.

2. Alwaysdegen, your english is fine as far as i can tell. I did not realize the level of conspiracy that goes on here. I did not mean to be disrespectful to Isildur1 or what he has accomplished. Also because RNG's can be cracked does not mean that it is happening in this case!!!!!!!!!
Their RNG was poo fingers. Static seed time iirc. Tilt/Stars etc RNG's are rediculously more elaborate.
You would have to agree that if someone or a group of someones were clever enough to work it out in the current environment, they would also be clever enough to not risk exposing themselves using it in the highest profile games available online.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Lets remember the UB scandal was performed by a virtual spastic at the top of the sites food chain. He was not the one who created the code.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
YouGotPLOWned is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:24 AM   #241
BigThangz
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: anybody wanna get hi
Posts: 404
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Didnt FullFLush say mark his words DURRRR will be busto with in 3 months? did he no something we dont no.
BigThangz is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:33 AM   #242
TrevRobCR
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 357
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

This is Isildur1 ... .. yes, Blom90...

http://www.myspace.com/vikkan
TrevRobCR is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:35 AM   #243
Drakulah
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 579
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

how much isildur take durrrr for?
Drakulah is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:44 AM   #244
458 Lott
banned
 
458 Lott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 622
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysdegen View Post
Its so simple and lazy to say hes cheating based on nothing. Hes suddenly winning he must be cheating is not good enough for making a statement. Bring something serious at least to make some kind of point.
He's not just winning. He is slaughtering the world's best online players like it isn't nothing. LOL And in 9 days he went from loser to being able to topple the best like it isn't nothing. Variance? LOL It's being redefined obviously. It's unreal. Remember the graph with the dots that pointed out nionio? Well he isn't sitting out there alone anymore it seems. I just find it too hard to believe.
458 Lott is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:50 AM   #245
alwaysdegen
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,053
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 458 Lott View Post
He's not just winning. He is slaughtering the world's best online players like it isn't nothing. LOL And in 9 days he went from loser to being able to topple the best like it isn't nothing. Variance? LOL It's being redefined obviously. It's unreal. Remember the graph with the dots that pointed out nionio? Well he isn't sitting out there alone anymore it seems. I just find it too hard to believe.
Share some serious proofs or stfu imo. hes having 4.66bb/100, why could that not be possible on a heater ??????????

Last edited by alwaysdegen; 11-16-2009 at 02:56 AM.
alwaysdegen is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:55 AM   #246
458 Lott
banned
 
458 Lott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 622
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysdegen View Post
Share some serious proves or stfu imo. hes having 4.66bb/100, why could that not be possible??????????
I have my opinion and you have yours. I'm looking at the hands, the play, and the graphs, and forming my opinion off that. And look here fanboy, you aren't anyone to be telling anyone to STFU. Like I said, either something is up, or he's the luckiest sob in the world. I stick to that.
458 Lott is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:57 AM   #247
YouGotPLOWned
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 333
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 458 Lott View Post
He's not just winning. He is slaughtering the world's best online players like it isn't nothing. LOL And in 9 days he went from loser to being able to topple the best like it isn't nothing. Variance? LOL It's being redefined obviously. It's unreal. Remember the graph with the dots that pointed out nionio? Well he isn't sitting out there alone anymore it seems. I just find it too hard to believe.
His winrate isnt even that impressive compared to other well known high stakes players. He has simply put in a large volume of hands in a short amount of time.

Lets have a look at players this year : money won for hands played.

Isildur1 $5.039.087 75320 hands

theASHMAN103 $3.648.198 50871 hands
Brian Townsend $2.784.912 32896 hands

Going on your theory Ashman and Townsend should definately be investigated.
YouGotPLOWned is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:59 AM   #248
realwtf
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 515
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotPLOWned View Post
His winrate isnt even that impressive compared to other well known high stakes players. He has simply put in a large volume of hands in a short amount of time.

Lets have a look at players this year : money won for hands played.

Isildur1 $5.039.087 75320 hands

theASHMAN103 $3.648.198 50871 hands
Brian Townsend $2.784.912 32896 hands

Going on your theory Ashman and Townsend should definately be investigated.
HAHA! Just ignore 480 Lott or whoever he is.
realwtf is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 03:00 AM   #249
smartalecc5
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: [ ] fear
Posts: 7,023
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetto View Post
is this confirmed him?
smartalecc5 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 03:01 AM   #250
alwaysdegen
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,053
Re: *** The Official Isildur1 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 458 Lott View Post
I have my opinion and you have yours. I'm looking at the hands, the play, and the graphs, and forming my opinion off that. And look here fanboy, you aren't anyone to be telling anyone to STFU. Like I said, either something is up, or he's the luckiest sob in the world. I stick to that.
You even say it yourself, you obv got opinions but no ARGUMENTS.
alwaysdegen is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive