Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2019, 09:55 PM   #201
Kilowatt
enthusiast
 
Kilowatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 877
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Allow me to clarify the legal issues at play here, even though I'm not an attorney.

1) You cannot sue him for gambling winnings. At best you can sue him for a refund of your total deposits minus total cashouts.

2) He committed a criminal offense by running the PPPoker club. You can report him for that.

3) He did violate the 1961 Wire Act by transmitting real money over state lines for purposes of gambling.

4) He also committed federal wire fraud if he accepted funds across state lines for purposes of gambling, with no intention to pay winnings.

I would attempt to report this to both local authorities and the FBI. Don't bother with the local authorities if you're in a relatively small city, as they won't know what to do with it, but perhaps they can help you reach the FBI.

It is actually a lot tougher to reach the FBI than you think. Due to the overwhelming number of people who go to the FBI over untouchable matters such as Nigerian internet scams, they make it tough to contact them. You're probably going to be stuck reporting this online:

https://www.wikihow.com/Report-Illegal-Gambling

Definitely report him. Do NOT be afraid that you'll get in trouble. You won't.

It will probably result in nothing happening, but if you pool together the biggest victims and can show $100,000+ of stolen funds, you might get their attention.
Kilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:02 PM   #202
HeadsUpMaster
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 53
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW31 View Post
Adnan continues to post on his IG stories that none of the people talking badly about him on the internet have EVER come up to him in person and said anything to his face... and NEVER will. He knows for a fact that several people who talk crap online have come up to him in person acting like fan boys.

He posted the dates and locations where he can be found coming up soon.
what fan boys dude, the guy is a nobody, not famous, nobody. anyone who pretends like their a baller and kill pit games is full of ****. I used to be a huge degen with pit games. yes you can win but long term you always lose
HeadsUpMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:08 PM   #203
Kelvis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8,182
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

He's still right about that though. If people who are owed $40k and post here on 2+2 don't come up to him face to face, he comes out on top. The way to resolve these things isn't through the internet.
Kelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:11 PM   #204
MikkeD
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,359
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvis View Post
He's still right about that though. If people who are owed $40k and post here on 2+2 don't come up to him face to face, he comes out on top. The way to resolve these things isn't through the internet.
How many times do you need to make the same point? No wonder people are getting pissed off with you in this thread!
MikkeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:15 PM   #205
Kelvis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8,182
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Since you ask, I suppose I'll bring it up a couple of more times.
Kelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:16 PM   #206
HeadsUpMaster
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 53
Re: More Players coming Forward, 10k NyPokerKing, Aka Adnan Stole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbobob View Post
You’re obviously desperately using this thread to gain followers and views....and trying to seem relevant. Nobody, meaning me or the 11 other views prior to you posting to this thread, care about your stupid irrelevant videos. Be original
I don't need followers coming from someone that just made an account your'e probably Adnan or one of his buddies. In fact none of my videos are monetized, get your'e fact straight.
HeadsUpMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:35 PM   #207
Sandypoker56
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 151
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post
Allow me to clarify the legal issues at play here, even though I'm not an attorney.

1) You cannot sue him for gambling winnings. At best you can sue him for a refund of your total deposits minus total cashouts.

2) He committed a criminal offense by running the PPPoker club. You can report him for that.

3) He did violate the 1961 Wire Act by transmitting real money over state lines for purposes of gambling.

4) He also committed federal wire fraud if he accepted funds across state lines for purposes of gambling, with no intention to pay winnings.

I would attempt to report this to both local authorities and the FBI. Don't bother with the local authorities if you're in a relatively small city, as they won't know what to do with it, but perhaps they can help you reach the FBI.

It is actually a lot tougher to reach the FBI than you think. Due to the overwhelming number of people who go to the FBI over untouchable matters such as Nigerian internet scams, they make it tough to contact them. You're probably going to be stuck reporting this online:

https://www.wikihow.com/Report-Illegal-Gambling

Definitely report him. Do NOT be afraid that you'll get in trouble. You won't.

It will probably result in nothing happening, but if you pool together the biggest victims and can show $100,000+ of stolen funds, you might get their attention.

Do you think NYPK aka Adnan and Peteystaysfresh aka flight attendant Peter will share a cell or be prosecuted in same state?

Last edited by Sandypoker56; 01-04-2019 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Typo
Sandypoker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:12 AM   #208
Jumbobob
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Re: More Players coming Forward, 10k NyPokerKing, Aka Adnan Stole

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadsUpMaster View Post
I don't need followers coming from someone that just made an account your'e probably Adnan or one of his buddies. In fact none of my videos are monetized, get your'e fact straight.
Who said anything about monetized. You’re just desperately attaching all your videos to this thread, it’s laughable. And nah, i haven’t used 2+2 in so long I forgot my password and I no longer use that email. Facts is something you should learn to wrap your head around....you were about to “blow up” 6 innocent paypal accounts, bc you didn’t know the facts...You’re just an irrelevant wannabe. You stick your head so far up anyone who seem’s relevant asses...just jump on bandwagons. So anyone who doesn’t like you, must be NYPK. Seriously, GTFOH. You’re Not going to get famous bc you attached your name to this thread. Get a life.
Jumbobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:53 AM   #209
Wizard-50
Pooh-Bah
 
Wizard-50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 5,783
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

After more people contacted me allegedly owed money by NYPK, if they are all legit the balance is around $84,000 and that's just what I know about. I've directed everyone to contact VerStandig law firm, who specializes in gambling related law.
Wizard-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:00 AM   #210
tightplay123
centurion
 
tightplay123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 138
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard-50 View Post
After more people contacted me allegedly owed money by NYPK, if they are all legit the balance is around $84,000 and that's just what I know about. I've directed everyone to contact VerStandig law firm, who specializes in gambling related law.
someone please put this fat **** behind bars already.
tightplay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:04 AM   #211
DonWon
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 306
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

*BONUS* RICO - Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act
DonWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:33 AM   #212
HeadsUpMaster
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 53
Re: More Players coming Forward, 10k NyPokerKing, Aka Adnan Stole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbobob View Post
Who said anything about monetized. You’re just desperately attaching all your videos to this thread, it’s laughable. And nah, i haven’t used 2+2 in so long I forgot my password and I no longer use that email. Facts is something you should learn to wrap your head around....you were about to “blow up” 6 innocent paypal accounts, bc you didn’t know the facts...You’re just an irrelevant wannabe. You stick your head so far up anyone who seem’s relevant asses...just jump on bandwagons. So anyone who doesn’t like you, must be NYPK. Seriously, GTFOH. You’re Not going to get famous bc you attached your name to this thread. Get a life.
I love how heated a person with 3 posts and just made an account is so angry. Listen kid I don't need attention, I get it from many females, could careless, I posted it many times so that nobody is a victim to this scammer. I will always expose a scammer. Keep getting heated you have some serious issues I can already tell.


I don't make youtube videos for money I do it as a hobby and to connect with other poker players. Anyways talk to me when your'e on my level. What type of attention do I need bunch of guy poker players. You clearly are an angry person that needs to get help. You should be thanking someone like me who is exposing everything about this scammer. I played on his club with hours of recording game play because he alleged Sizzler is cheating.

I spoke with Sizzler and very nice person he is. I told him don't worry since now he is alleging your cheating I have hours of gameplay that says otherwise. Anyways done answering to angry guy with 3 posts.
HeadsUpMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:02 AM   #213
JW31
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 50
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

So is it the consensus that everything NYPK says on his IG is a lie? I mean he supposedly made over $1M last year and he “keeps all his own action in tournaments $19K buy-in or smaller” and always brags about that.

He also posts screen shots of his account balances in crypto and the website he uses to gamble on sports and they were both $50K+. He also posts cash piles and chips on occasion that might show him having $50-$75K cash. Then there’s the Bentley and several $25-50K watches that he’s been flaunting.

Is all of this made up? Some of it made up? Thoughts?

I mean why would he not just pay these people if he had as much money as he claims? That we he can move on and keep running the club if it’s really worth the hassle.

Very weird dude.

No Halal in prison.
JW31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:47 AM   #214
DonWon
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 306
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

He hasn't posted any bets made through his street bookie, Baccarat, or Blackjack sessions lately (11 months), so you know how that went. He's a degenerate gambler that has been playing with other peoples money.
DonWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #215
borg23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,762
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW31 View Post
So is it the consensus that everything NYPK says on his IG is a lie? I mean he supposedly made over $1M last year and he “keeps all his own action in tournaments $19K buy-in or smaller” and always brags about that.

He also posts screen shots of his account balances in crypto and the website he uses to gamble on sports and they were both $50K+. He also posts cash piles and chips on occasion that might show him having $50-$75K cash. Then there’s the Bentley and several $25-50K watches that he’s been flaunting.

Is all of this made up? Some of it made up? Thoughts?

I mean why would he not just pay these people if he had as much money as he claims? That we he can move on and keep running the club if it’s really worth the hassle.

Very weird dude.

No Halal in prison.
Good rule of thumb- when someone posts poker chip stacks pics on ig they're frauds

When they top it off with pictures of the pretending to bet and win huge in the pits they're definitely frauds bc they're playing -ev games.

when a know scammer pos does it they're 100% frauds.

i mean seriously why would you think someone posting all of this garbage is actually making piles of money?

he supposedly made a million according to who? his dumb ass pathetic ig posts? just look at the garbage he posts-it's beyond sad. and if you actually ever played with this loser or saw him around the poker room you would realize he sucks at poker.


he's not paying because he's a broke degenerate piece of **** scumbag, this isn't complicated.
borg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:53 AM   #216
Gzesh
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 3,288
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard-50 View Post
After more people contacted me allegedly owed money by NYPK, if they are all legit the balance is around $84,000 and that's just what I know about. I've directed everyone to contact VerStandig law firm, who specializes in gambling related law.
Mac VerStandig would be a good choice to contact if you are looking for counsel who might take on these claims.

(I am not affiliated with his firm in any manner. I've seen some of his work in the past and he can be an aggressive advocate for poker industry clients. Don't know if he is admitted to practice in NY, he is based in Maryland. That should not be a problem however most likely.)
Gzesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:54 AM   #217
lolicall
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: mean streets of the pony express
Posts: 37
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwaway1217 View Post
You don't pay zero for the software as the owner of the club. It's actually not cheap.
Hello Adnan !
lolicall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:17 PM   #218
greedynyc
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 653
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

DM me and Ill get you your money.
greedynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:43 PM   #219
philly2230
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

How can you get our money back?
philly2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:08 PM   #220
WateryBoil
Pooh-Bah
 
WateryBoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: And mine are long and sharp my Lord
Posts: 5,110
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

maybe hes one of those wiseguys that collects your $$$. For a fee of course.
WateryBoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:17 PM   #221
Kelvis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8,182
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

You'd be absolutely have to hate money not to accept such a deal at this point.
Kelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #222
tightplay123
centurion
 
tightplay123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 138
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedynyc View Post
DM me and Ill get you your money.
this i would love to see, hoping it involves physical harm to "nypk"
tightplay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #223
Kelvis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8,182
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Won't be necessary. The guy is all talk but will come up with a payment plan in days if you push him.
Kelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:52 PM   #224
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 9,335
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW31 View Post
So is it the consensus that everything NYPK says on his IG is a lie? I mean he supposedly made over $1M last year
That may or may not be a lie. So far we have confirmation that he's made $84k. Let's wait to see how many more players come forward before he pass judgement on how much he made on this deal.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:55 PM   #225
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 9,335
Re: NYPokerKing's online poker room appears insolvent and wont pay players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvis View Post
Won't be necessary. The guy is all talk but will come up with a payment plan in days if you push him.
Would depend how deep he's in right? I mean, you can only pay debts off with table game winnings for so long before the table games eventually turn against you.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online