Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

View Poll Results: (Public Poll) I am siding with...
Chris Moneymaker 62 82.67%
Jason Young 13 17.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 05:40 PM   #826
Kilowatt
banned
 
Kilowatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,101
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou2call View Post
before i continue arguing with you.....who are you? who made you judge and jury? who says because you say something is one way that it is in fact that way? you keep asking questions but refuse to answer any......what happens if he gives a name? how do you then proceed? if its some random dude......and you confront him......hes obligated to be honest? and as for the money......if he isnt the book......why is his money even relevant?
Who am I? My name is Todd Witteles, also known as Dan Druff.

Who made me judge and jury? Jason. He made all of us judge and jury when he took this public, in an effort to humiliate Chris into paying.

If Jason gives a name, then we investigate from that point if the guy was real, if he had any contact with Jason, and many other factors. There are ways of doing this that I won't bother disclosing, but suffice to say that it won't be too hard to ascertain if Jason just makes up a name and claims "That was the guy, but he's gone and you can't find him." Fortunately everything has a trail these days.

I agree that Jason's personal financial condition at the time of the bet is only relevant if the bookie didn't exist. But since it's almost certain that the bookie was fake, his financial condition at the time is a HUGE part of this story right now.
Kilowatt is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #827
PSUMike1999
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
I am obviously hoping that the truth comes out completely, everyone gets paid, and I get paid. However, if it ends up that:

1. MM was set to pay JY somewhere between $15-25k
2. I made a series of posts that I knew beforehand might hurt the chances of JY getting paid by MM(and thus hurt the chances of me getting paid), but I posted them anyway because I believed that the honest truth is NEVER a bad thing.
3. MM saw my posts, and those were a big reason he changed his mind about paying JY
4. MM doesn't pay JY, JY doesn't pay me(or doesn't DRASTICALLY improve his communication methods and set up a payment plan)
5. MM is now $15-25k richer, while I'm still $2022 poorer



Would it be out of line for me to ask MM to ship me the $2022 or is that a reasonable request? Just to clarify: I'm 100% asking the thread for their opinion, and I'm not arguing that he should pay me. Its just a thought that ran through my head just now, so I figured I'd post it. Basically I just want to get my money and I don't really care about all the other drama, but at the same time I feel as if I must be 100% honest throughout this ordeal(so I didn't hold back information that may decrease my chances of ever seeing my money).

edited to add: And obviously I would still try to collect from JY, and pay MM back if/when JY does pay me(although I'd be lying if I said that I would have the same motivation to spend time/effort on collecting if this occurred).
I think that is very fair because Chris ended up saving a lot more money because of your posts.

Obviously it is up to Chris but I think he should agree - $2,000 is a lot lower than $15,000.

Do the right thing Chris - Assani's posts were the KEY!!!!
PSUMike1999 is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #828
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou2call View Post
what are you asking me though?

sorry if I wasn't clear....

Your posts were very defensive of JY, and in particular I took note when you posted:

Quote:
i know its exciting for you to be involved in a debate involving some people you may have seen on tv but trying to ruin someones reputation and livelihood by posting slanderous comments without factual knowledge is wrong and irresponsible

I'm asking you to provide an opinion on my situation with JY just as you have provided an opinion on the JY vs MM situation. I have asked you to do this because you didn't seem to realize that many people were judging JY's character(and thus taking a guess at who is to blame in the MM/JY situation) based upon his dealings with me. So when you said "posting slanderous comments without factual knowledge" it is probably necessary for you to understand the factual knowledge of how he dealt with me before you criticize how others have used that knowledge to extrapolate insight into the MM/JY situation.




"he acknowledged you guys made the bet.....and he has agreed to pay you......what is the question?"

The question is how do you think he has gone about things? Do you think its reasonable that he made a bet for $2k and then somehow forgot about it completely for an entire year(this never would happen to me, as I always sweat my bets and instantly know when I've lost one). If you do think that was reasonable, once he realized all this do you then think its reasonable for him to never once apologize and to view it as a "mutual misunderstanding"? Do you think his responses to me have been satisfactory both in terms of timeliness and demonstrating to me that he has every intention to pay me back ASAP? Do you think its ok that he still hasn't taken the initiative to set up a payment plan nor has taken the initiative to contact me once in the last ~3 months after our previous conversations? And finally, do you think its possible that on the issue of who to trust on a $25k bet, seeing how one person handled a $2k bet might provide some meaningful insight?
Assani Fisher is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #829
dareyou2call
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 683
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post
Who am I? My name is Todd Witteles, also known as Dan Druff.

Who made me judge and jury? Jason. He made all of us judge and jury when he took this public, in an effort to humiliate Chris into paying.

If Jason gives a name, then we investigate from that point if the guy was real, if he had any contact with Jason, and many other factors. There are ways of doing this that I won't bother disclosing, but suffice to say that it won't be too hard to ascertain if Jason just makes up a name and claims "That was the guy, but he's gone and you can't find him." Fortunately everything has a trail these days.

I agree that Jason's personal financial condition at the time of the bet is only relevant if the bookie didn't exist. But since it's almost certain that the bookie was fake, his financial condition at the time is a HUGE part of this story right now.

its comical that you are almost certain the bookie didnt exist ......how can you be almost certain? theres absolutely nothing in this thread that could lead anyone to that conclusion with almost certainty....
dareyou2call is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #830
Banned4lyfe
Sup-Bah? Pop-Bah Pooh-Bear Permanently Pooh-Bah Billy Walters Jr
 
Banned4lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal ✈
Posts: 13,932
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post

1) Can you provide any evidence that this bookie really existed? If you can't do it publicly, can you do it privately to a trusted, unbiased third party? If not, WHY?
His name is Edward Cappucci (not really tho). Now what? How do you go about proving or disproving Cappucci was the bookie?
Banned4lyfe is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #831
Kilowatt
banned
 
Kilowatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,101
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactGSW View Post
Discover what? Something that may or may not have ever existed and is pure unproven innuendo as far as both parties in this are concerned? This is gambling, not law school mental masturbation. Once the money is down, or the bet is booked, if you didn't evaluate all the angles too bad, your team loses, pay the bet.

Many on here have bet with mob bookies, shady web sites, illegal home games, and still line up to put the money down. Do your due diligence before you sit down.

You make a bet, you win and you get money, you lose you pay money, that is not a pointless statement. You can bet with a good friend, a scum-bag or a criminal, but 'you' place the bet. I am paying for the loss of my bet, not the upright character of the person who I bet with, or the unproven possibility that he got one over on me or others.

If one of the parties doesn't pay its a welch no matter what the reason. A welch is a welch, no matter what kind of ugly little box its wrapped up in.

BTW, as far as details, show me anywhere in this monstrosity your 100% surety that either one of these guys planned or was active in free-rolling, rather than the standard degen practice of betting first and scrambling for the money later.
"Do your due diligence before you sit down" only applies to once you've already physically handed over your money, and it's gone. I suppose it can also apply to making bets where you will face some sort of violent consequence if you refuse to pay (such as the mob example).

However, when it's two dudes in the modern poker community, neither of whom is going to break the other's legs, and the money hasn't changed hands yet, it's different.

If one uncovers strong evidence that the other was scamming/freerolling, he should not be expected to pay.

Nobody is EVER morally obligated to continue paying into a scam. Once they realize they're being scammed -- even if it's after they've previously promised too pay -- the proper action is to cease all payments.

Enough strong circumstantial evidence exists in this thread that the bookie did not exist, and that Jason was broke at the time of the bet. Until Jason provides counter-evidence, Chris can reasonably conclude he was being scammed, and ethically refuse to pay.

I don't care what you think "standard degen practice" is. This sort of thing might happen fairly often in the poker world, but that doesn't mean people should keep paying into scam/freeroll bet situations just because others in the past have fallen for it.
Kilowatt is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #832
donniccolo
Pooh-Bah
 
donniccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 5,955
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar Chasm View Post
It's laughable to think anyone's gonna go hurt Jason over 8k or whatever, but why exactly do you think the people he owes money to shouldn't be able to track him down if they want to?



Because it's being used as part of a name.
Clever. Kudos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgelooker1 View Post
All this thread needs now is someone to come in saying Sheets owes him money and insist that MM pay him instead of Sheets, lol.
Wait, I think Sheets owes me a few K. Chris, go ahead and ship to 'donniccolo' on Stars. K thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetsworld View Post
What if I promised that if I were paid 8000, then 5000 would be donated to GA, and 3000 would be $ added in a special tournament held just for people who posted in this thread?

Or maybe use that $3000 and host a party in NYC?

One time?

Anwyay....I missed this place. Hope I didn't do more damage than I helped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apex View Post
Posting ITT for special tournament entry.
HAHA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlap View Post
Given new information and most importantly how it was handled by jason I am not paying him at all. He would of found 2+2 if he won and dodged that guy. I was fooled again talking to him and how he was a good guy just trying to pay everyone off. In reality he is talking to them and making promises while playing 5k events. End of discussion for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarirob View Post
Current graph for thread

HAHA. Curious if Chris could even rip off $15k today as he "intended." ?? What changed from 9/2012 to 10/2013 where all of a sudden he can pay these and presumably other debts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Young View Post
i dont know how else to make this clear he was never ever being freerolled in a million years...try and follow this timeline

he loses in march/april

i take my $ and invest it in a business in june changing my financial status entirely.


i am no longer betting i had unfortunately vouched for someone that turned out to be a bad idea

people win $ october/november---me and them get screwed---i have been paying people off for a year---i dont know what your definition of a freeroll is but i dont think that is it. what AM I MISSING?

this is why talking to people that dont understand this is brutal- because im sure you or whoever actually believe what your saying but its simply not the case...
You are missing that you were booking when you had no money. And you missed that investing all of your money is a bad idea. And you missed that investing in restaurants in general is a bad idea. And you missed that making investments when you are not qualified to do so is a bad idea. And you missed that gambling is a bad idea. And you missed that living in Narnia is a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatoKrazy View Post
Ok, maybe I'm not quite understanding then.

If you invested in June and were no longer liquid, why would you either vouch for and/or bet with people in October/November?

Seems to me to show a pattern of irresponsible betting which would indicate freerolling, unless I am completely missing something?

That is all most in this thread want explained/don't understand.
No you aren't missing anything. Degenerates act like degenerates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by at051182 View Post
Wow you both look so terrible in this. i guess Jason must figured any chance of payment is out the window since he napalmed Chris by publicizing his personal woes.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrochu View Post
To me it looks like Moneymaker was freerolling -- unless he has some kind of proof he found out Jason was insolvent and owed people money back in March/April when he lost his bets.

Jason looks bad here too, but part of it is he seems to communicate terribly in his posts. Hard to figure out exactly what the **** happened when.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlap View Post
Wish I saved my messages on Skype where Jason's boss is hounding him for the money and in other message window the guy Jason owes is telling me his boss skipped town. Even if I did save them I wouldn't post them on public forum. As for the facts, they remain the same and assanti debt corroborated with me anyway what I already knew.

I bet Jason's text messages to all the people he owes look exactly like mine, with obvious exception he outs my name to everyone. I went back and forth on to pay him for a long time because I liked him and knew he started a business that put him in bad shape.
I think Skype saves messages forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOstrich View Post
god those texts are depressing, I feel bad for having read them. Both parties manage to look terrible in this thread, while assani fisher just cements his status as one of the all time great posters.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprock View Post
This is me deciding who is in the right

Awesome.

This is turning out to be a 6 star thread.
donniccolo is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #833
vazdog33
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 522
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Kilowatt, your whole post is made with the assumption (which I agree with you about) that the bookie doesn't exist.

The real life bookies that I know are NOT on the aggressive side and I would NEVER out them publicly or to a "trusted" 3rd-party.

You not acknowledging that it's unreasonable to ask someone to publicly name their bookie is pretty surprising to me.

Agree with most of ur points itt. Just this one and the one RBK already threw out there. LOL at you offering to be the mediator/arbitrator when you've been pro-MM from the get go (and i'm slightly more in favor of MM for whatever that's worth)
vazdog33 is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #834
dareyou2call
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 683
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
sorry if I wasn't clear....

Your posts were very defensive of JY, and in particular I took note when you posted:




I'm asking you to provide an opinion on my situation with JY just as you have provided an opinion on the JY vs MM situation. I have asked you to do this because you didn't seem to realize that many people were judging JY's character(and thus taking a guess at who is to blame in the MM/JY situation) based upon his dealings with me. So when you said "posting slanderous comments without factual knowledge" it is probably necessary for you to understand the factual knowledge of how he dealt with me before you criticize how others have used that knowledge to extrapolate insight into the MM/JY situation.




"he acknowledged you guys made the bet.....and he has agreed to pay you......what is the question?"

The question is how do you think he has gone about things? Do you think its reasonable that he made a bet for $2k and then somehow forgot about it completely for an entire year(this never would happen to me, as I always sweat my bets and instantly know when I've lost one). If you do think that was reasonable, once he realized all this do you then think its reasonable for him to never once apologize and to view it as a "mutual misunderstanding"? Do you think his responses to me have been satisfactory both in terms of timeliness and demonstrating to me that he has every intention to pay me back ASAP? Do you think its ok that he still hasn't taken the initiative to set up a payment plan nor has taken the initiative to contact me once in the last ~3 months after our previous conversations? And finally, do you think its possible that on the issue of who to trust on a $25k bet, seeing how one person handled a $2k bet might provide some meaningful insight?

ive been defensive of JY when it comes to the MM situation cause in that situation i know he is being honest....so if i know this it would make sense to defend him

as for the slanderous comments.....i was not talking to you ....i was talking to some random drooler who kept coming in here and making comments and statements that were ridiculous and lacked any merit yet he was passing them off as fact

as for your situation....i have in previous posts said the JY has not been perfect in his dealings ...i have made that clear.....in your case.....yea he was negligent....but he admitted it.....hes not saying he wont pay....he is saying that he will.....the MM issues occurred way before any of his other debts were incurred....so the fact that he owed money later on says nothing as to how the MM situation should be handled.....again as to you...he obv should have been more attentive......but from what ive heard....it wasnt like you were contacting him constantly over an extended period of time.....you admitted to being somewhat lax in your collection methods as well...granted this doesnt excuse jason but it does help to understand the amount of time that has passed....so yes.....jason could have handled your situation better.....no it has no relevance to chris......and yes i believe when he says that he will eventually pay his debt to you in full
dareyou2call is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #835
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
I make a bet with you. After losing the bet, but before paying, you discover absolute 100% airtight evidence that I never would've paid you had you won. Do you still pay me?

If your answer is yes, I'd say you're in a very small minority. And if it's no, your whole post was pretty pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactGSW View Post
Discover what? Something that may or may not have ever existed and is pure unproven innuendo as far as both parties in this are concerned? This is gambling, not law school mental masturbation. Once the money is down, or the bet is booked, if you didn't evaluate all the angles too bad, your team loses, pay the bet.

Many on here have bet with mob bookies, shady web sites, illegal home games, and still line up to put the money down. Do your due diligence before you sit down.

You make a bet, you win and you get money, you lose you pay money, that is not a pointless statement. You can bet with a good friend, a scum-bag or a criminal, but 'you' place the bet. I am paying for the loss of my bet, not the upright character of the person who I bet with, or the unproven possibility that he got one over on me or others.

If one of the parties doesn't pay its a welch no matter what the reason. A welch is a welch, no matter what kind of ugly little box its wrapped up in.

BTW, as far as details, show me anywhere in this monstrosity your 100% surety that either one of these guys planned or was active in free-rolling, rather than the standard degen practice of betting first and scrambling for the money later.

I'm not giving any opinion on this matter, but I do think I can provide a hypothetical that will clarify what was the spirit of Bobo Fett's question....

Lets suppose you make a bet with a guy. You lose. Before you pay you discover hidden-camera video tape of him discussing with his partner how hes freerolling you and has no money to pay you. In this video tape, him and his partner go on to say that they are freerolling everyone they are betting with. Its in HD and very clear to make out their faces and all of the words they say.

Now, morally speaking, do you feel that you should pay up? That is what Bobo Fett wanted to know. Obviously whether or not there is sufficient evidence to say whether JY was freerolling is a whole different issue(and the point of this thread).
Assani Fisher is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #836
Kilowatt
banned
 
Kilowatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,101
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned4lyfe View Post
His name is Edward Cappucci (not really tho). Now what? How do you go about proving or disproving Cappucci was the bookie?
There are a lot of ways to determine this, by asking further questions (privately) of Jason and checking them against various records that exist.

I don't think we'll get that far, because there was no bookie. Jason has avoided these questions for 55 pages, and he will continue to avoid them.

The fact that he won't even explain WHY he's avoiding them (such as, "I can't reveal his identity because I'm scared of him") means that he knows he's lying, and wants to push that subject away from the bookie's identity.

That's what liars do. They indignantly make all sorts of noise that means nothing (in this case, Jason repeatedly bragging about how many "good" transactions he's done in the past), yet won't answer any direct questions about the most important issues.
Kilowatt is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #837
Kilowatt
banned
 
Kilowatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,101
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazdog33 View Post
Kilowatt, your whole post is made with the assumption (which I agree with you about) that the bookie doesn't exist.

The real life bookies that I know are NOT on the aggressive side and I would NEVER out them publicly or to a "trusted" 3rd-party.

You not acknowledging that it's unreasonable to ask someone to publicly name their bookie is pretty surprising to me.

Agree with most of ur points itt. Just this one and the one RBK already threw out there. LOL at you offering to be the mediator/arbitrator when you've been pro-MM from the get go (and i'm slightly more in favor of MM for whatever that's worth)
Already answered this: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=824
Kilowatt is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #838
dareyou2call
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 683
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post
Who am I? My name is Todd Witteles, also known as Dan Druff.

Who made me judge and jury? Jason. He made all of us judge and jury when he took this public, in an effort to humiliate Chris into paying.

If Jason gives a name, then we investigate from that point if the guy was real, if he had any contact with Jason, and many other factors. There are ways of doing this that I won't bother disclosing, but suffice to say that it won't be too hard to ascertain if Jason just makes up a name and claims "That was the guy, but he's gone and you can't find him." Fortunately everything has a trail these days.

I agree that Jason's personal financial condition at the time of the bet is only relevant if the bookie didn't exist. But since it's almost certain that the bookie was fake, his financial condition at the time is a HUGE part of this story right now.
and by the way...all of your thoughts and opinions cannot even be taken remotely serious for one reason..... it is so clear that you are just here to back MM under any and all circumstances......while i have sat here and said that JY may have made mistakes in certain aspects you have only torched JY and never once MM...if you think JY is a liar and a scammer how have you never once commented on MM???? it has been PROVEN that MM had no money when he was betting with JY through the text messages....so it is completely clear that he was freerolling jason.....so how in the world can anyone listen to a word you have to say if you are trashing the guy who could potentially be honest while ignoring the proven freeroller?
dareyou2call is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #839
LostOstrich
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LostOstrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Head in the sand
Posts: 15,932
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

it's not easy to relate to the lengths you poor americans have to go to just to get a bet on a sports game or play some poker on the internet. All I can say is if I had to use a friend/contact as an intermediary in order to place bets, and he told me the bookie had split with my money, I'd expect him to tell me who the bookie was!
LostOstrich is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #840
overthaline
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 899
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou2call View Post
ive been defensive of JY when it comes to the MM situation cause in that situation i know he is being honest....so if i know this it would make sense to defend him

as for the slanderous comments.....i was not talking to you ....i was talking to some random drooler who kept coming in here and making comments and statements that were ridiculous and lacked any merit yet he was passing them off as fact

as for your situation....i have in previous posts said the JY has not been perfect in his dealings ...i have made that clear.....in your case.....yea he was negligent....but he admitted it.....hes not saying he wont pay....he is saying that he will.....the MM issues occurred way before any of his other debts were incurred....so the fact that he owed money later on says nothing as to how the MM situation should be handled.....again as to you...he obv should have been more attentive......but from what ive heard....it wasnt like you were contacting him constantly over an extended period of time.....you admitted to being somewhat lax in your collection methods as well...granted this doesnt excuse jason but it does help to understand the amount of time that has passed....so yes.....jason could have handled your situation better.....no it has no relevance to chris......and yes i believe when he says that he will eventually pay his debt to you in full
you clearly did not read any of assani's posts. jason handled it horribly; in a way a broke degen would handle it. and it is completely relevant to the moneymaker situation.
overthaline is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #841
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniccolo View Post
I think Skype saves messages forever.
only on the computer you used to have those skype messages(at least thats what mine does- there may be a setting to change that)
Assani Fisher is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #842
Kilowatt
banned
 
Kilowatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,101
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou2call View Post
and by the way...all of your thoughts and opinions cannot even be taken remotely serious for one reason..... it is so clear that you are just here to back MM under any and all circumstances......while i have sat here and said that JY may have made mistakes in certain aspects you have only torched JY and never once MM...if you think JY is a liar and a scammer how have you never once commented on MM???? it has been PROVEN that MM had no money when he was betting with JY through the text messages....so it is completely clear that he was freerolling jason.....so how in the world can anyone listen to a word you have to say if you are trashing the guy who could potentially be honest while ignoring the proven freeroller?
If I was here to back Moneymaker for any reason, I wouldn't have said way back on page 35 that Moneymaker was also freerolling. This was BEFORE Jason posted those damning text messages proving it.

Go back to page 35, have a look for yourself, and then step back for a moment and realize that I have no dog in this fight.
Kilowatt is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #843
Silver_Man2
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,329
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

I know OP was an accountant but were those literary skillz for realz?
Silver_Man2 is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #844
grindilocks
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Going South
Posts: 211
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou2call View Post
ive been defensive of JY when it comes to the MM situation cause in that situation i know he is being honest....so if i know this it would make sense to defend him

as for the slanderous comments.....i was not talking to you ....i was talking to some random drooler who kept coming in here and making comments and statements that were ridiculous and lacked any merit yet he was passing them off as fact

as for your situation....i have in previous posts said the JY has not been perfect in his dealings ...i have made that clear.....in your case.....yea he was negligent....but he admitted it.....hes not saying he wont pay....he is saying that he will.....the MM issues occurred way before any of his other debts were incurred....so the fact that he owed money later on says nothing as to how the MM situation should be handled.....again as to you...he obv should have been more attentive......but from what ive heard....it wasnt like you were contacting him constantly over an extended period of time.....you admitted to being somewhat lax in your collection methods as well...granted this doesnt excuse jason but it does help to understand the amount of time that has passed....so yes.....jason could have handled your situation better.....no it has no relevance to chris......and yes i believe when he says that he will eventually pay his debt to you in full
Didn't the Assani bet and the CM bets both occur around the same time in April? Am I missing something?
grindilocks is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #845
Jason Young
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,396
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post
There are a lot of ways to determine this, by asking further questions (privately) of Jason and checking them against various records that exist.

I don't think we'll get that far, because there was no bookie. Jason has avoided these questions for 55 pages, and he will continue to avoid them.

The fact that he won't even explain WHY he's avoiding them (such as, "I can't reveal his identity because I'm scared of him") means that he knows he's lying, and wants to push that subject away from the bookie's identity.

That's what liars do. They indignantly make all sorts of noise that means nothing (in this case, Jason repeatedly bragging about how many "good" transactions he's done in the past), yet won't answer any direct questions about the most important issues.

Did it ever for one second cross your mind that I'm ignoring you? YOU in particular?? Who the F*CK ARE YOU? i dont owe you anything, i dont know you, and you dont know me, and your ludicrous accusations about me, personally, financially, my business, my dealings with chris your just guessing at everything. Why im choosing to respond to you now is because your overly pompous, tooling out on me has gone way to far. Your lop-sided one sided one track mind makes you look ridiculous to the people that actually do have a clue what is going on.
Jason Young is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #846
andrewga
banned
 
andrewga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 201
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou2call View Post
i was talking to some random drooler
lol.

Somehow outing a known scammer (jason's "bookie") is a ridiculous idea. Why is it ok to out scammers in the poker world, but not bookies? You guys act like bookies are somehow immune to bullets.

If you want to do business with sketchy people who you think might kill you after you out them as a scammer, then you have no sympathy from us when you get burned and have to pay out their debts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Young View Post
i dont owe you anything
He is one of 7 people you don't owe.
andrewga is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #847
NLSoldier
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NLSoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hello Ted
Posts: 24,251
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou2call View Post
and by the way...all of your thoughts and opinions cannot even be taken remotely serious for one reason..... it is so clear that you are just here to back MM under any and all circumstances......while i have sat here and said that JY may have made mistakes in certain aspects you have only torched JY and never once MM...if you think JY is a liar and a scammer how have you never once commented on MM???? it has been PROVEN that MM had no money when he was betting with JY through the text messages....so it is completely clear that he was freerolling jason.....so how in the world can anyone listen to a word you have to say if you are trashing the guy who could potentially be honest while ignoring the proven freeroller?
Wow this is such an awful post. Just so wrong on so many levels. Ugh.
NLSoldier is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #848
Banned4lyfe
Sup-Bah? Pop-Bah Pooh-Bear Permanently Pooh-Bah Billy Walters Jr
 
Banned4lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal ✈
Posts: 13,932
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlap View Post
Wish I saved my messages on Skype where Jason's boss is hounding him for the money and in other message window the guy Jason owes is telling me his boss skipped town.
If you're still using the same computer you can retrieve these messages...including the mysterious 18k guy.
Banned4lyfe is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #849
Kilowatt
banned
 
Kilowatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,101
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Young View Post
Did it ever for one second cross your mind that I'm ignoring you? YOU in particular?? Who the F*CK ARE YOU? i dont owe you anything, i dont know you, and you dont know me, and your ludicrous accusations about me, personally, financially, my business, my dealings with chris your just guessing at everything. Why im choosing to respond to you now is because your overly pompous, tooling out on me has gone way to far. Your lop-sided one sided one track mind makes you look ridiculous to the people that actually do have a clue what is going on.


Okay, fine.

Keep ignoring me, and answer the 50 other people who asked the exact same questions I did.
Kilowatt is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #850
NLSoldier
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NLSoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hello Ted
Posts: 24,251
Re: moneymaker vs jason young (resolved - see post 497 & 503...and then not - see post 656)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Young View Post
Did it ever for one second cross your mind that I'm ignoring you? YOU in particular?? Who the F*CK ARE YOU? i dont owe you anything, i dont know you, and you dont know me, and your ludicrous accusations about me, personally, financially, my business, my dealings with chris your just guessing at everything. Why im choosing to respond to you now is because your overly pompous, tooling out on me has gone way to far. Your lop-sided one sided one track mind makes you look ridiculous to the people that actually do have a clue what is going on.
You made this situation public, the onus is on you to prove your side of the story. Ignoring the person asking the tough questions that would help you prove your side is not a good look.
NLSoldier is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive