Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2019, 09:05 PM   #2301
RobFarha
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RobFarha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: @robbyrobbb
Posts: 9,465
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I haven't seen this one yet

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/3967078...ort=?t=2h1m15s
RobFarha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:05 PM   #2302
ArtyMcFly
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ArtyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Enchantment Under the Sea
Posts: 13,251
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kep View Post
Ya but one of the times he made a hero fold correctly preflop wouldn't he have actually won the hand the way the board ran out.
That is true, but I don't think that he used the alleged card-reading device (hidden in his key fob on the rail) in every session.
ArtyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:05 PM   #2303
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,295
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
i think that was a stream where he wasn't superusing and JFK was away for the WSOP. i do remember watching that hand on Joeys stream though. i could be wrong, seen so many hands up to this point. do you have access to this hand?
Don't remember what stream it was from. I would think even if JFK was away he would still be able to use his keys to read what cards are coming though if that's what he's doing.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:05 PM   #2304
js84
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 34
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfbum983 View Post
I feel like there were sometimes he must of known board run outs 45 vs ka x2 comes to mind , would he really put 3k in pre if didn’t know he hit the flop?
I think that was an informed gamble. If you know you're up against AK and AK, and you know your opponents are likely to run it twice, you only have to hit on one board to profit. 54o has 41% equity against AK and AK. A gamble for sure, but +EV.
js84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:05 PM   #2305
TRUSTtheDRAWCESS
old hand
 
TRUSTtheDRAWCESS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: In the streets
Posts: 1,890
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

remember when we used a mortar and postle to level up our herbivore
TRUSTtheDRAWCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #2306
n00ki5
journeyman
 
n00ki5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 329
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I like this thread because we started conjecturing if he was cheating or not, then after some posts/new info we were sure.

Then we wondered how he was cheating and we discovered he knew the holecards from his opponents so he could play perfectly against them.

Then we wondered if he got some inside help and we discovered that this guy Justin was on it.

Now we are unveiling the fact that he prolly also knew the community cards in advance.

Next thing we know he reads the future, like a prophet.

Nice detective work, 2p2.
n00ki5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #2307
thereshegoes
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 5
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I'm making fairly valid points. I quit the morse code tangent when told to.

I don't know much about RFID or Stones setup. But i know a lot about IT security and computers - which seem to be able to perform impossible magic based on some of the posts here.
Yeah man, this thread is about Mike Postle, not educating you on 2019 technology. There's absolutely no reason for you to make 50+ posts in this thread.
thereshegoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:07 PM   #2308
ItsabitFishy
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 19
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seat View Post
this was just posted on reddit... anyone wanna look into it?



31 minutes ago

Yup...I know how Mike did it to. Spoiler, the stoneslive team isn't at fault.



19 minutes ago

Ok bud



vdthemyk



8 minutes ago

No worries. Its pretty easy actually. If you're interested, the stream software stones uses is videopokertable.net software and they have a feature called multigfx. Look it up and you'll see how it happens.


Per the website, the system also keeps full hand histories which can be downloaded. So imagine now how much Stones REALLY ****ed up the first investigation - they didn’t even need to assemble excel grids of sessions, money won, etc.
ItsabitFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:07 PM   #2309
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerman1992 View Post
Too complex for these guys, end of story. There are only couple of streams where he has phone/keys on table. Do you really need to know what hands are coming on board, if u know opponents hands? No. And multiple times you can see that Mike goes all-in on flop with garbage hands knowing that others can't call with ace high etc.

I'm pretty sure that this is fairly simple style of cheating they are using. Someone is giving him non-delayed stream info to phone/headphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
Yeah I'm buying pretty much everything except the seeing of future streets. This is the craziest story though and I find it incredibly fascinating. Hope there's some more twists and turns in this saga. RIP to everyone's money this guy (allegedly Lol) stole.
Yes doubts are definitely encouraged, I mean why would you need more than holecards? It's just stupid. The more complex the system, the easier it is to get caught. But then again, its Mike's sheer arrogance that allowed us to catch him in the first place, so maybe he is really just that dumb. But I also think it fits well enough to examine hands to see if it holds or falls apart.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:09 PM   #2310
SimpleRick
veteran
 
SimpleRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,432
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I'm making fairly valid points. I quit the morse code tangent when told to.

I don't know much about RFID or Stones setup. But i know a lot about IT security and computers - which seem to be able to perform impossible magic based on some of the posts here.
You aren't making any goddamn valid points. Instead of posting in here useless drivel over and over and repostulating different theories that have already been discussed and discounted why dont you READ THRU THE WHOLE GODDAMN THREAD. CLick the search button up top and search for "cliff" JFC. Ruining the thread you are.
SimpleRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:10 PM   #2311
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
5:10




EDIT: OH MY GOD THIS EXPLAINS THE SEATING PREFERENCE SO HE'S CLOSE TO THE DECK
I'd agree this does explain the key fob.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:10 PM   #2312
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Keys are on the rail during the Moneymaker 45 v AK AK hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg34YTF-meA&t=7282s

3hr43

would also be another reason why the tanks are so long.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:10 PM   #2313
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,552
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
5:10




EDIT: OH MY GOD THIS EXPLAINS THE SEATING PREFERENCE SO HE'S CLOSE TO THE DECK
Holy ****ing ****.

The second this came out all card RFID systems should have gone in the trash.

Last edited by suzzer99; 10-03-2019 at 09:21 PM.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:10 PM   #2314
kep
Pooh-Bah
 
kep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,671
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Somewhere there is a cheater who hates Mike Postle for being a terrible cheat and putting the spotlight on all the possible cheating methods.
kep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:10 PM   #2315
squid face
ChatThreadPrez
 
squid face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: grabbin c-notes from the money tree
Posts: 10,243
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Suzzer is making this thread unreadable.

please make it stop
squid face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:10 PM   #2316
golfbum983
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,931
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by js84 View Post
I think that was an informed gamble. If you know you're up against AK and AK, and you know your opponents are likely to run it twice, you only have to hit on one board to profit. 54o has 41% equity against AK and AK. A gamble for sure, but +EV.
IF you watch the streams he’s shown he doesn’t gamble, even though it seems sometimes , almost never
golfbum983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #2317
dankhank
dankest of hanks
 
dankhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: for me the action is the juice
Posts: 8,094
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I don't buy the idea that every time Mike presses his hat closer to his head, that all he's doing is finding out if the runout is going to be favorable.

That's just too nitty
dankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #2318
Bonomo's ears
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 125
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I think some posters looking at *every* way of cheating is distracting us from the established consensus about Mike somehow seeing a live RFID feed, via his phone and/or something in his hat.

Nothing I've seen in any of the videos by Joey etc needs us to stretch to him seeing future turn/river cards. He can basically play out any hand simply by knowing his opponents hole cards pre&post flop, then adapting (shoving or backing off) if the turn/river change his own chances
Bonomo's ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #2319
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,552
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleRick View Post
You aren't making any goddamn valid points. Instead of posting in here useless drivel over and over and repostulating different theories that have already been discussed and discounted why dont you READ THRU THE WHOLE GODDAMN THREAD. CLick the search button up top and search for "cliff" JFC. Ruining the thread you are.
I did read that. It didn't contain the stuff about Justin being able to run wild with his laptop during the live stream. Maybe that should be added because I think it's huge.

Also I didn't watch every youtube yet. There's a freaking ton of them. As soon as Locust posted it I watched and just saw the key fob thing - mind blown to smithereens. I was totally wrong about that.

Also it's probably not always accurate which could explain some of his less than god mode on runouts. And he's not in the right seat etc.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #2320
TomHimself
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomHimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oooohhh Kill'em
Posts: 10,252
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid face View Post
Suzzer is making this thread unreadable.

please make it stop
hes putting on an absolute clinic
TomHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #2321
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYou View Post
Don't remember what stream it was from. I would think even if JFK was away he would still be able to use his keys to read what cards are coming though if that's what he's doing.
Whenever JFK is away, he isn't able/doesn't superuse. Veronica made a twitter post that Mike plays way less and either looses or wins small when JFK is away. Joey's 3rd stream covers this.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #2322
kep
Pooh-Bah
 
kep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,671
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankhank View Post
I don't buy the idea that every time Mike presses his hat closer to his head, that all he's doing is finding out if the runout is going to be favorable.
He also does the hat pressing thing often after the river as well.
kep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #2323
thereshegoes
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 5
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I did read that. It didn't contain the stuff about Justin being able to run wild with his laptop during the live stream. Maybe that should be added because I think it's huge.

Also I didn't watch every youtube yet. There's a freaking ton of them. As soon as Locust posted it I watched and just saw the key fob thing - mind blown to smithereens. I was totally wrong about that.

Also it's probably not always accurate which could explain some of his less than god mode on runouts. And he's not in the right seat etc.
Wow awesome info. Sounds like you have a lot of content to watch to get up to speed.
thereshegoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:16 PM   #2324
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,552
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid face View Post
Suzzer is making this thread unreadable.

please make it stop
I'm done. I'll stop.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:18 PM   #2325
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,324
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonomo's ears View Post
I think some posters looking at *every* way of cheating is distracting us from the established consensus about Mike somehow seeing a live RFID feed, via his phone and/or something in his hat.

Nothing I've seen in any of the videos by Joey etc needs us to stretch to him seeing future turn/river cards. He can basically play out any hand simply by knowing his opponents hole cards pre&post flop, then adapting (shoving or backing off) if the turn/river change his own chances
Sometimes he's being trappy towards strong draws. Sometimes he's protection jamming. Compare the famous 77 set vs 85 (oesd) where he got all valuebetty/bet small giving the 85 odds to call till river - compared with hand where he jams Kx vs QT on a KJJ board and folds it out (a hand I recall specifically because I found his jam out of character). Jamming Kx there makes no sense, unless you know QT will hit if he bets smaller....
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive