Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #2226
Zefa
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,421
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
It's a lot more ****ed up than that mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vaF...outu.be&t=4502
Also look at that clown laughing after he goes all in. If you legit pulled a bluff like this off and 3 bet jammed here with 69o, no sane person would even start laughing right after the jam before their opponent folds. You’d be sweating bullets. He’s got his **** eating grin laugh cos he obv knows his opponent has 9 high and he doesnt give a ****.
Zefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #2227
BamaWillBG
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 59
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankhank View Post
So Harlan has seemed like a fairly weak player when we see him playing against Postle. In this hand he calls $45 preflop from the BB. It looks like Bryan straddled to $50 because he is UTG and closes the action with a check.

Harlan leads out for $175 with either 93 or 98 on a 9c8cKx flop seen four ways. Mark, who is sticky, is the only caller, with his AJo. Turn is 5c and goes check-check. Harlan bets $175 again on the 8 river, with the best hand. On the turn the graphics change his hand from 93 to 98.

Would it be weird for Harlan to call pre with 93? Eh. Would it be weird for him to blocker bet that river with 93? Meh. Would someone change the graphics on this hand because it might seem a little suspicious, despite Mike doing way more suspicious stuff all the damn time? Seems unlikely.

Harlan did have sunglasses on during this session (which creates a bulge under his hat). I haven't seen any other hands played.
I agree. I may have jumped the on the suspicious wagon too soon after seeing his hole cards change mid hand.

This crap was bound to happen as collateral damage of StonesLive allowing Postle to continue playing after their fake investigation. Everyone gets scrutinized. And to be honest, I think they should.

There’s obviously a serious problem going on up there.

Last edited by BamaWillBG; 10-03-2019 at 07:58 PM.
BamaWillBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:54 PM   #2228
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,569
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javoc View Post
How many times do you plan to post that tweet while ignoring the fact that it doesn't mention commentators and it's one twitter random vs. several trusted long time posters in this thread?

Do you think it's more likely that a) Stones changes their policy and just says YOLO we'll commentate live every now and then? or b) the twitter guy is either full of it or they did screw up and showed the silent live feed before commentary?

Last edited by suzzer99; 10-03-2019 at 08:00 PM.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:55 PM   #2229
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09jdsX8vkMI

Go to 1hr07 for when Postle joins them.

So this is a night that was meant to be a Postle and Pals stream but they had an issue with the feed and couldn't read the cards.

I'm only few minutes in but a couple of things.

1)How pissed off he seems to be.

2)He seems more drunk than usual, as if he knows this is a night when he isn't 'working'

3)He is away from the game while it is going on. He never stands from the game. He absolutely crushes and yet sits talking nonsense for 2 hours.

4)How well he is describing a hand where Harlan bluffed, mentioning all the action and cards. This is in stark contrast to that video with Justin where they breakdown hands and he can barely remember anything and just mumbles thru. This is because in his own hands he literally doesn't have to think, it's all easy.

5)At some point they had his 13 year old daughter in the stream room. How is a minor allowed in a casino? Because of his relationship with Justin obv.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:57 PM   #2230
Javoc
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 254
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
This doesn't say there were commentators. It could have been a screw up where they accidentally showed the silent live feed. Also it's one twitter random.
There are so many situations where It was obvious that they were commentating live, such as when the graphics just happen to be wrong when postle is making a super donk play when his 86o is actually 89ss. There are many more examples that point to no delay occuring.
Javoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:59 PM   #2231
Manner Please
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 194
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

The graphics change from an air 3-bet river bluff, to the nuts, depsite the fact that the booth should have never seen Postle's real cards since they were never tabled, is currently the most damning piece of evidence (besides perhaps Postle saying "oh ****" to a straight draw he shoudn't have known about).

During the graphics change broadcast, Justin (username JFK) goes into chat to say "he had the nuts, mike's good but not that good".

Obviously the suspicion is that Postle's insider changed the graphic because the insider was concerned Postle's play would look too good. And there's JFK trying to assuage people's fear that Postle isn't too good, it was an RFID misread.

Justin's not on the tangent of this as a potential suspect, he's dead center tied to the most damning piece of evidence against Postle as Postle's confederate. Justin Kuraitis deserves every bit as much scrutiny and criticism in this thread as Postle does.
Manner Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #2232
TomHimself
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomHimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oooohhh Kill'em
Posts: 10,252
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaWillBG View Post
I agree. For now. I may have jumped the on the suspicious wagon too soon.

He does seem to be great player. Rarely loses, usually wins big, and with a VPIP. that doesn’t usually match a long term winner. I was just suspicious seeing his hole cards change mid-hand. But I still would never want to accuse someone of cheating.

This crap was bound to happen as collateral damage of StonesLive allowing Postle to continue playing after their fake investigation. Everyone gets scrutinized. And to be honest, I think they should.

There’s obviously a serious problem going on up there.

id be curious to see more footage of him.

he could just be a overall better player and smarter than postle and may superuse in less obvious ways.

only reason i say this is just because he has his own game named after him and i assume he is then probably close with the shows shady producer/graphics guy etc.
TomHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #2233
Javoc
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 254
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manner Please View Post
The graphics change from an air 3-bet river bluff, to the nuts, depsite the fact that the booth should have never seen Postle's real cards since they were never tabled, is currently the most damning piece of evidence (besides perhaps Postle saying "oh ****" to a straight draw he shoudn't have known about).

During the graphics change broadcast, Justin (username JFK) goes into chat to say "he had the nuts, mike's good but not that good".

Obviously the suspicion is that Postle's insider changed the graphic because the insider was concerned Postle's play would look too good. And there's JFK trying to assuage people's fear that Postle isn't too good, it was an RFID misread.

Justin's not on the tangent of this as a potential suspect, he's dead center tied to the most damning piece of evidence against Postle as Postle's confederate. Justin Kuraitis deserves every bit as much scrutiny and criticism in this thread as Postle does.
@suzzer
Javoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #2234
ArtyMcFly
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ArtyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Enchantment Under the Sea
Posts: 13,251
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

There have been a lot of latecomers to the thread. It would be helpful if they read these cliff notes from a thousand posts ago, as new theories and questions about stuff that's already confirmed aren't very useful. If someone wants to update the cliffs with the latest confirmed info, that would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMiKazE View Post
Summary thus far:

Thesis - Mike Postle was using technology and/or a partner or partners to gain access to opponents hole cards in real time.

Evidence -

HANDS PLAYED IN A VACUUM - At this point there are too many hands to count in which Postle played his hands perfectly or close to perfectly given his opponents exact holdings. Many of these plays have been analyzed by individuals in this thread, Joey Ingram and others on Youtube, and by high level pros such as Matt Berkey, Scott Seiver, and Haralobos Voulgaris. All of the above mentioned pros and the vast majority of individuals in this thread have concluded that his play style strongly suggests he has access to his opponents hole cards,

HANDS PLAYED INCONSISTENTLY - This is related to point one, but should be made separately as it is important to note that not only is he playing these hands optimally in a vacuum against opponents specific cards, but that in doing so it led to him taking wildly different lines in similar spots across different sessions. Although his lines differed considerably when he faced similar spots, he was nearly 100% accurate with his decisions, particularly on the river.

POSTURE DURING HANDS - THE CROTCH ARGUMENT - The above two lines of evidence have been rebutted by Postle supporters and Postle himself on his Twitter by arguing that he has an ability to read players that allows him to play a high VPIP style and consistently make correct decisions based on his live reads. This argument becomes problematic when reviewing the film. Postle has a very consistent posture present throughout most hands in which he is simply staring straight down into his crotch, barely paying attention to the other player. This is an odd posture to begin with, but when you consider that he actually has a phone in his left hand that is in his crotch, it becomes clear that he is actually staring at his phone. Why would he just stare down at his phone in the middle of a hand? Postle himself addressed this briefly in a tweet talking about how he and others would watch the stream on their phones. When taken together with all of the other evidence, many believe he was using his phone to gain access to opponents hole cards. It should also be noted here with posture that he consistently sits close to the table, keeps his left arm under the table holding his phone even when gathering chips many times. He is very careful not to let anyone see his phone. Perhaps the most damning problem with his posture on film is that it serves to rebut Postle’s argument that he is live reading his opponents. He is barely looking at them, while mostly staring down at his phone.

HIS RESULTS - I don’t know that anyone has actually compiled his overall VPIP or any other stats aside from winnings, but the winnings are insane. They were posted by Joey on his Twitter last night. I’ll summarize here. These numbers are from 2018. +93.2k overall in 21 sessions. Joey does note he had two losing sessions. Playing ⅓ he logged 52 hours over 13 sessions and profited 36.12k for a nearly $700/hr winrate. He played 13 sessions at that level and never lost once. At 5/5 he played 64 hours over 16 sessions and profited 56.8k for an almost $890/hr winrate. He had one losing session out of 16. So out of 29 sessions total at these levels he had one losing session and profited 93k for a total winrate of $800/hr.

RFID WEIRDNESS - CHANGING POSTLE’S CARDS - There are multiple instances of hands where somehow Postle and/or Stones claims that Postle had different cards than what was shown on stream. One point of view is that these changes were fabricated to make Postle’s play seem less suspicious. Arguments from Postle and supporters state that RFID errors occur frequently on the Stones stream. This topic is still up in the air as there have been multiple posters in this thread that have indicated that they played on the stream and can verify that their holecards were wrong in certain hands. Further, there is a screenshot of a hand where the Jd is in Postle’s hand and also on the board, providing clear evidence of some kind of error.

POSTLE ONLY PLAYS IN THE STREAMED GAMES - This issue is also a bit murky as posts have come in indicating both ways, but some have stated that Postle racks up after the stream ends and does not play off stream or does so rarely. Others have come in to state they have played with Postle for years and that he does play off stream and there was even a claim that he was a good online player back in the day. I don’t know that any conclusions can be drawn here just yet.

THE BREAK - This is the newest piece of evidence to come to light. According to Veronika’s (original accuser) twitter, Postle took an unusual break during this summer where he played very few streams. This wouldn’t mean much except for the role it plays in one of the biggest questions surrounding this - If he cheated, did he have a partner and, if so, who was it? Many have speculated that the individual in charge of the Stones livestream was involved as he would be someone with access to the realtime RFID feed. It just so happens that this individual left to attend the WSOP during the times where Postle took his break.

CONCLUSION - The vast majority of people who have looked at this evidence have concluded he cheated, most likely by being sent opponents exact hole cards. Most seem to agree he had a partner and did not know what cards would come out on any street. Most favor that he knew exact hole cards rather than just being ahead or behind but some do support the latter theory.

There might be some stuff I missed but this will generally catch you up. Cheers.
ArtyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:01 PM   #2235
CoreySteel
old hand
 
CoreySteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,885
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

This is shaping to be one of the most epic threads on 2+2 ever. It seems every time I refresh there's 50 new posts.

It's super obv this guy is cheating, I won't even go into that. What I wanted to say is that I feel bad for all the players, because some of them played really REALLY well against him, with some insane bluffs, but that little rat just ****s them over knowing their cards. Frustrating.
CoreySteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:02 PM   #2236
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,331
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javoc View Post
There are so many situations where It was obvious that they were commentating live, such as when the graphics just happen to be wrong when postle is making a super donk play when his 86o is actually 89ss. There are many more examples that point to no delay occuring.
Dude, the commentators are not the ones who run the graphics
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:02 PM   #2237
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,569
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javoc View Post
@suzzer
@everyone else in the thread who's telling you the commentary is delayed.

What exactly about the thing you posted do you think proves the commentary isn't delayed?
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:06 PM   #2238
Javoc
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 254
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
@everyone else in the thread who's telling you the commentary is delayed.
lol ok bud
Javoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:07 PM   #2239
Grind On My Mind
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 325
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://twitter.com/BartHanson/statu...63587239579648

Bart on the case. 12 months ago he alerted stones, a whole year ago! and stones did nothing! (Stones did an internal audit).

Last edited by Grind On My Mind; 10-03-2019 at 08:20 PM. Reason: They did do there internal audit.
Grind On My Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:08 PM   #2240
CoreySteel
old hand
 
CoreySteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,885
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind On My Mind View Post
What would you say to Mike Postle if he showed up to your local casino?
Here take a seat, Mike?
CoreySteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:08 PM   #2241
WFKS
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 96
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I don't know why someone didn't knock the $%^& out of Mike for laughing at them when he would win a big pot against them.
WFKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:08 PM   #2242
SimpleRick
veteran
 
SimpleRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,480
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Commentary is delayed. There was at least one occasion where the live feed was broadcast. End of that discussion please.
SimpleRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #2243
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,569
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
Dude, the commentators are not the ones who run the graphics
Yeah maybe as the hand is going - they're putting together the feed with the graphics and the various camera streams - Justin somehow says the RFID malfunctioned and they should change the hole card - because he realizes it just looks too insane.

And the way their recording works though they can't go back and edit the graphic. You see this with ESPN a lot - they fix a hand graphic mid-hand even though theoretically they could have fixed the whole thing before airing.

In this case you'd have to think at least one other person knows what he did or helped.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #2244
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,331
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind On My Mind View Post
https://twitter.com/BartHanson/statu...63587239579648

Bart on the case. 12 months ago he alerted stones, a whole year ago! and stones did nothing!
He informed JUSTIN and nothing was done

"Mr Capone, we believe there is a criminal enterprise operating out of Chicago, you should look into it"

edit: Not throwing shade at Bart Hanson here, he did the right thing and bringing it up with Justin is the right course of action. Angry Polak did the same thing at first. It's jsut funny in hindsight

Last edited by Loctus; 10-03-2019 at 08:12 PM. Reason: .
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #2245
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryKane09 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09jdsX8vkMI

Go to 1hr07 for when Postle joins them.

So this is a night that was meant to be a Postle and Pals stream but they had an issue with the feed and couldn't read the cards.

I'm only few minutes in but a couple of things.

1)How pissed off he seems to be.

2)He seems more drunk than usual, as if he knows this is a night when he isn't 'working'

3)He is away from the game while it is going on. He never stands from the game. He absolutely crushes and yet sits talking nonsense for 2 hours.

4)How well he is describing a hand where Harlan bluffed, mentioning all the action and cards. This is in stark contrast to that video with Justin where they breakdown hands and he can barely remember anything and just mumbles thru. This is because in his own hands he literally doesn't have to think, it's all easy.

5)At some point they had his 13 year old daughter in the stream room. How is a minor allowed in a casino? Because of his relationship with Justin obv.
At 1hr28 here Mike starts talking about playing on stream. Quite telling and also disgusting too. The smirk on his face.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #2246
WFKS
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 96
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind On My Mind View Post
https://twitter.com/BartHanson/statu...63587239579648

Bart on the case. 12 months ago he alerted stones, a whole year ago! and stones did nothing!
His next tweet says they told him they did an audit, https://twitter.com/BartHanson/statu...601659904?s=20
WFKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #2247
Pokerman1992
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 340
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryKane09 View Post
FAO JOEY

The Postle loses a big PLO hand on the river

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wcX...KKJUxb9ixgWWi8
Over 10sec crotch stare, that's oddly long.. Oh nevermind, it's PLO.
Pokerman1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:13 PM   #2248
RobFarha
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RobFarha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: @robbyrobbb
Posts: 9,472
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
It's a lot more ****ed up than that mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vaF...outu.be&t=4502
dear lord somehow its worse than I remember.

another great hero play postle.
RobFarha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #2249
Deeperthoughts
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

It’s unfathomable that the guy Stones is hiring to head up their independent investigation is the defense attorney they hired when they were up against the gaming commission a few years ago. I hope the commission burns them to the ground this time around.
Deeperthoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:16 PM   #2250
Sir Huntington
banned
 
Sir Huntington's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,354
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthekuta View Post
He reached out to Joey and several others as well, even before Polk. Doug Johnson is my friend and a very good reporter.
That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for enlightening me.
Sir Huntington is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive