Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2019, 10:02 PM   #1451
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuklearWinter View Post


How often do you see anyone wearing a hat at the poker table do this? (Usually right before the flop or turn is dealt)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg34YTF-meA&t=1h55m20s
Is that a phone in front of seat 8?

When was the stream of this game?

Could it be that they didn't really enforce this no phones rule (as obv they would know who the real cheater was); but in fact did some kind of half hearted token gesture and switched to this headphone method.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:03 PM   #1452
jal300
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 326
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zica View Post
Isn't it true that a person can be convicted on just circumstantial evidence? Also, if we were talking about just one hand the defense could say, well, he's just a good player; and on the second hand, well, he just felt like gambling; but it goes on, and on, and on, and then the defense has to deal, not just with the god-like plays, but with the almost total lack of errors. Show a jury 10 hours of non-cheating then 10 hours of Mike Postle playing. Then consider going into a civil court instead of a criminal court.
You certainly can be convicted on circumstantial evidence. But the type of circumstantial evidence we're talking about in this thread is either "weak" (MP has a background in RFID) or very hard to break down in layman terms (winrates, statistical probabilities, etc.). Statisticians/mathematicians, I would imagine, make terrible "expert witnesses": they're too smart and certain statistical analysis will just go over even an intelligent person's head. Even if a statistician can confidently say wining 30 sessions in a row or achieving x hundred dollar per hour winrate at low/mid stakes is something like 1 in 200 million. A good defense lawyer will just ask "what is the probability of winning powerball?" The answer being something like 1 in 300 million. At which point the defense has brought into play a very understandable form of reasonable doubt. MP's winrate (assuming 1 in 200 million was accurate) is actually easier than winning Powerball. This is all just speculation and mental masturbation. Point being, charges are often laid with a combination of good evidence. And direct evidence is always good evidence.
jal300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:05 PM   #1453
Javoc
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 254
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://www.reddit.com/r/poker/comme...t_allegations/
Javoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:05 PM   #1454
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,372
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I just deleted a bunch of posts pertaining to government, guns, etc.

Automatic lengthy temp-ban with a boatload of infraction points to any subsequent post along those lines.

whosnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:07 PM   #1455
monikrazy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
monikrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 26,835
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Wow amazing thread, only 300 posts in but he seems dead to rights.

People in the room HAD to know, and chose to cover it up, its shocking that so many things obvious suspicion points were ignored.. the thing about consulting for the card reader / rfid is bananas.

This could be really damaging for stones, which was starting to get a great rep. I think they did a great job with the live streams but can't imagine commentators not picking up something shady. Should have been close to an open secret.

I mean not playing in any other big games either? Ridiculous.
monikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:09 PM   #1456
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
Ryan Feldman, who runs Live at the Bike, makes a great point. This could be the smoking gun that someone in the producer booth was in on it.

During the 88/TT house over house hand, I went thru the video.

Justin Kuraitis/JFK on YouTube chat said that he spoke to Mike and he said the graphic was wrong and he actually had 78.

However there was no point where Justin came to the table to speak to Mike during the delayed 30 mins. This was also a phone in lap hand, and as we know he doesn't text or make his phone visible during these sessions.

Now the camera angles doesn't catch everything, so it is possible he did come to the table. But I feel that this was Justin Kuraitis covering for Mike in the 30 min catchup when the commentators/chat started questioning the flat call with the 3rd nuts.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:13 PM   #1457
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuklearWinter View Post


How often do you see anyone wearing a hat at the poker table do this? (Usually right before the flop or turn is dealt)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg34YTF-meA&t=1h55m20s
not sure howd he be using an earpiece by grabbing his hat, maybe im missing something. if he wanted an earpiece wouldnt he just use an airpod? maybe hes just pretending to stretch his neck to get a good look at his phone
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:18 PM   #1458
PLIKITYPLAK
veteran
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,512
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
not sure howd he be using an earpiece by grabbing his hat, maybe im missing something. if he wanted an earpiece wouldnt he just use an airpod? maybe hes just pretending to stretch his neck to get a good look at his phone
Yes, you are missing something. Google Bone conduction headsets then look at photos of his padded baseball cap earlier this this thread.
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:19 PM   #1459
NuklearWinter
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,724
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Yet ANOTHER example of cheater Mike Postle reaching for his hat AFTER he bets $100 on the flop and gets called 3 ways. Mike has middle pair and an open ender. Amazingly, he folds the blank turn to a single bet of only $300 getting over 3 to 1! What!?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg34YTF-meA&t=4h36m30s
NuklearWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:19 PM   #1460
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

he apparently has bone conduction headphones stitched into his hat. not an earpiece as there is a risk of people noticing it.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:20 PM   #1461
ScotchOnDaRocks
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SealsWithClubs
Posts: 2,877
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
Really? It seems like it would be pretty straight forward.

Mr Poker, in your expert opinion is X possible without cheating? No.
Mr Poker, in your expert opinion is Y possible without cheating? No.
Mr Poker, in your expert opinion is Z possible without cheating? No.

Also, expert testimony from a statistician would probably be quite useful as well.
It’s possible you are right but with nothing else I would bet against it. There needs to be at least some decent circumstantial surrounding how he possibly did it. Hands don’t seem like enough.
ScotchOnDaRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:25 PM   #1462
Chaos_ult
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Chaos_ult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Doing whatever the hell I want
Posts: 9,018
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedMosely View Post
I played with the hue/saturation/brightness/contrast of the pictures of the stuffed hat, and interestingly, two shapes emerged that look suspiciously like what is shown in the above video link:

Chaos_ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:26 PM   #1463
rakemeplz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakemeplz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: feminine yuppie narc
Posts: 12,602
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuklearWinter View Post
Yet ANOTHER example of cheater Mike Postle reaching for his hat AFTER he bets $100 on the flop and gets called 3 ways. Mike has middle pair and an open ender. Amazingly, he folds the blank turn to a single bet of only $300 getting over 3 to 1! What!?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg34YTF-meA&t=4h36m30s
That is an amazing fold.

But when you're the best in the world, how often are you really wrong making that laydown? Honestly people in this thread should stop with the cheating allegations and start studying this man's game, he's the best in the world and giving out free lessons. You'd be a fool not to.
rakemeplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:28 PM   #1464
zica
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 944
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryKane09 View Post
Justin Kuraitis is 100% involved however.
If he is, that could save Mike from a significant claim of damages for damaging Stones reputation. Mike could claim that it wasn't his idea and this employee, etc, etc.
zica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:29 PM   #1465
W0X0F
sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight
 
W0X0F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,700
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
Nice and fair summary, KaMiKazE. I've followed this extremely closely, and all you wrote is basically a correct overview of the situation. I can add that Mike absolutely does not know the board runouts beforehand. I can't be bothered aggregating evidence for this, but any post saying he's cheating in that manner is just wrong. He knows the holecards.
Agree. If he knew the runouts, he wouldn't have folded his KK to Jaman Burton when Jaman made trip queens on the flop. They rabbit hunted this one and the turn was a king.
W0X0F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:29 PM   #1466
Angle shooter
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 18
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

The true problem with prosecuting this case is that - the % of the population smart enough to understand how improbable Mike’s run is, is significantly less than the % of the population that is smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Avg 2p2 forum user: ~ 115 IQ
How to get out of jury duty ~ 100 Iq
Jurors <85 IQ

Last edited by Angle shooter; 10-02-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Angle shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:32 PM   #1467
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 1,174
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_ult View Post
I played with the hue/saturation/brightness/contrast of the pictures of the stuffed hat, and interestingly, two shapes emerged that look suspiciously like what is shown in the above video link:

LOOOOOL Bless you sleuths
ejames209 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:34 PM   #1468
Zajebisty
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 946
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareScrimitzu View Post
Not to worry, I'd rather not have a conversation with someone who limits the topic to their own biases and oversimplifies a problem solving principle to justify their points either. All the best, I shall cease interaction with you henceforth.
Kindly cease interactions with this forum you muppet.
Zajebisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:35 PM   #1469
Levinski
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 34
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Whatever comes out of this I hope Justin gets fired. Having played at Stones and Thunder Valley many times Justin always came across as a superficial dolt. Ben Erwin on the other hand is the fu@$n GOAT. Turned Thunder Valley Poker room into an industry standard.

Justin rarely listened to his players advice but was always quick to enforce his own ideas. For example his Fall Classic tourney structures when it first ran were ****. I told him multiple times and explained why they were ****. He would not listen. So I had to get the Chainsaw involved on twitter and put him on blast. Allen trolled his structures via twitter and he finally changed them. I think his fake ass comes across in his tweets; so quick to condemn Veronica and so quick to say, nothing to see here folks. Now his tune has changed because Stones has massive liability on it hands and he is in the heart of it. He controls all the Stones twitter accounts so who knows what senior management is hearing.
Levinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:36 PM   #1470
DevoGKT
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 162
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_ult View Post
I played with the hue/saturation/brightness/contrast of the pictures of the stuffed hat, and interestingly, two shapes emerged that look suspiciously like what is shown in the above video link:





The ****ing internet is undefeated


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
DevoGKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:38 PM   #1471
NuklearWinter
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,724
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)



HEY GUYS DON'T MIND ME, JUST SCRATCHING MY HEAD HERE WHILE I THINK ABOUT CALLING A 3BET WITH 95o!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/348363451?t=04h10m40s
NuklearWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:38 PM   #1472
AlanBostick
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AlanBostick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: twitch.tv/pokershaman59
Posts: 10,845
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedace View Post
Surprised no one has made 1 of these yet, guess ill bite. Not sure how to embed the video but here is the link

https://captiongenerator.com/1532132...ostle-Cheating
2009 just called. They want their Downfall Hitler rant meme back.
AlanBostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:38 PM   #1473
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,920
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGame18 View Post
I likely won’t be posting any more on this after this, but again, I disagree. And your implication that circumstantial evidence is less valid or damning than direct evidence is a common myth by lay persons. Neither is necessarily stronger or more credible than the other. It depends on the level of detail and the specific nature of the respective evidence. Many many criminal prosecutions are based largely or solely on circumstantial evidence, and most of those cases have significantly less evidence than what we have here. Your plea comment is a strawman. All prosecutions are more likely to end in a plea than a trial. I’m sure this one would be no different. But that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s because prosecutors do not feel confident in their case. Quite the contrary sometimes. Trials take time and money and come with all sorts of uncertainties and likely appeals. Lots of reasons why pleas are preferable, even with a slam dunk case.

Again, much work would need to be done to get it in shape to present to a factfinder, but as I said, I would feel super confident as a prosecutor here. And as a plaintiff’s attorney in a civil case, I would be doing cartwheels.
Civil case? Maybe. Criminal? No. Burden of proof is on the prosecution. Defense has say so in jury selection. It isn't too difficult to find someone that has lost in a casino and thinks they rig it again at the player. They could easily find this as payback and refuse to find guilty.

You would also have to get lay people to understand complicated math, variance, and statistics. Some will lose interest and start to think about going home. Expert witnesses are useful, but in this case, reasonable doubt is not a tough battle. "My client was extremely lucky and many other people have been lucky, too. He has records of winning money in poker for 15 years, etc....." Reasonable doubt is not a tough battle here.

All that goes away if a co-d is found, they apply pressure, and get to flip. If there is allegiance and no one talks, it is a tough case to win.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #1474
kep
Pooh-Bah
 
kep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,671
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuklearWinter View Post

HEY GUYS DON'T MIND ME, JUST SCRATCHING MY HEAD HERE WHILE I THINK ABOUT CALLING A 3BET WITH 95o!
Just so unbelievably greedy.
kep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:42 PM   #1475
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
Ryan Feldman, who runs Live at the Bike, makes a great point. This could be the smoking gun that someone in the producer booth was in on it.

Holy ****, this is very damning evidence. That's right! Production and commentators would only get access to the 30 min delayed feed which they would then produce the camera angles and graphics. From memory, the hand gets super out of line when he 3bet shoves the river. How and, more importantly, WHY would Justin run over to Mike to ask for the hand details, then run to relay that to the commentators and graphics team and update it in the time it took for his opponent to fold to the 3bet. I don't have the hand in front of me, but they were both bluffing so I'd imagine it only took a few seconds to fold, but the graphic changed immediately after the hand was mucked. It seems almost impossible timing wise and super suspect as to WHY he would feel the need to take such immediate action on the hole cards. Even if he's telling the truth, its very damning, but timing wise its just not possible. What most likely happened was, after the hand was over, Mike signaled over Justin and told him to change the graphics on the hand. Or, Justin just saw how crazy the hand looked, and told graphics to change the hand, maybe even doing it himself. This is the most damning evidence of foul play from both Mike and especially Justin. We have some real evidence here and a clear motive.

also thanks for the clarification on the bone conduction headphone thing
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive