Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2019, 09:09 PM   #1426
UnBluffable2018
centurion
 
UnBluffable2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 116
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I am not saying he is cheating but if he is really that good then he is a idiot playing micro stake. Look at the amount of guys with good skills, just not this good, that become millionaires over night. So if he is making low 6 figures a year then he would be making 7 figures playing 25 / 50 and up.

I just to think he is a great guy no one heard of. I will say it might be doable but not probable. Joy and Doug are on his sent now, the modern day Holmes and Watson
UnBluffable2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:10 PM   #1427
JoeC2012
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Suplex City
Posts: 2,705
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Underrated part of this thread is the startlingly high # of people saying/suggesting someone should kick Postle's ass in retribution.

2+2ER: *knocks out Postle*

CITRUS HEIGHTS PD OFFICER: Sir you're under arrest

2+2ER: Wait you don't understand, he got all in with 54o in a spot where he never has the equ
JoeC2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:11 PM   #1428
ScotchOnDaRocks
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SealsWithClubs
Posts: 2,877
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGame18 View Post
The “there’s no evidence for a legal case” argument is silly. What do you call all these videos? This is why we allow expert witnesses in trials. It would certainly take some doing, but you show videos in a courtroom of many crazy hands and get a professional to testify why these plays are bad and an expert or two to churn out some graphs (some of which has already been done here for free) and quantify just how lucky he would have to be to explain his winrate and never being wrong at showdown, etc. I think there’s actually a ton more physical evidence here than in most cases. You have the entire crime on tape! Hours and hours of it!

And this doesn’t even assume that there’s other evidence that the authorities could obtain, which there surely is, as other people have mentioned. Bank records, cell phone call logs, text messages, all the circumstantial evidence re: his background with rfid or whatever his business was and his relationship with all the Stones folks.
I’m no attorney but it seems extremely dubious that you could put a poker expert on stand and say “deez hands are played bad” and winrates and such and think it will convince anyone

The evidence that needs to be presented is the communications and/or possibly testimony from a whistleblower who knows the scam
ScotchOnDaRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:13 PM   #1429
golfbum983
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,931
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by preki View Post
yeah cuz a a smart superuser would never lose a pot on purpose. you guys are ******ed.
And there isn’t any lol he didn’t even try to mix it up, basically never loses a hand while on stream , even knowing hole cards is quite an accomplishment
golfbum983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:20 PM   #1430
mukdukaluk
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 571
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchOnDaRocks View Post
I’m no attorney but it seems extremely dubious that you could put a poker expert on stand and say “deez hands are played bad” and winrates and such and think it will convince anyone

The evidence that needs to be presented is the communications and/or possibly testimony from a whistleblower who knows the scam
It would make for an epic NVG TR complete with massive jimmy rustling when the court throws out piosolver analysis as evidence
mukdukaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:25 PM   #1431
pghduilaw
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 142
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

As someone who spent a decade as a prosecutor and over a decade as a criminal defense attorney, I can say that people are seriously underestimating how difficult it is to prosecute a case like this. Barring some kind of forensic evidence, this case is based on statistical analysis which most jurors are incapable of understanding. It reminds me of prosecuting homicide and rape cases back when dna evidence was new.

If I can find the time I will try to post a more in depth analysis.
pghduilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:25 PM   #1432
Mr.Jones
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 416
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuklearWinter View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg34YTF-meA&t=1h51m45s

Watch closely here as the cheater thinks about folding AK on the K84 flop.

He rubs his hat in a VERY strange way with his wrist, as if he is pushing the hat into his head. He then makes a fold that is a fist-pump snap call all day.

Got him
Mr.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:25 PM   #1433
kep
Pooh-Bah
 
kep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,671
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

This story is pretty juicy. I wonder what the chances are of it being picked up by mainstream media?
kep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:27 PM   #1434
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kep View Post
This story is pretty juicy. I wonder what the chances are of it being picked up by mainstream media?
Can def see this being a podcast episode for something like 30for30.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #1435
mukdukaluk
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 571
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kep View Post
This story is pretty juicy. I wonder what the chances are of it being picked up by mainstream media?
Probably low. Would have been big during poker boom like ub/ab was
mukdukaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #1436
Siggo
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 278
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

[IMG] [url=https://movieplotholes.com/transformers-dark-of-the-moon]

Moneymaker view changing
Siggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #1437
AGame18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AGame18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GOAT. FORG1V3
Posts: 7,834
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchOnDaRocks View Post
I’m no attorney but it seems extremely dubious that you could put a poker expert on stand and say “deez hands are played bad” and winrates and such and think it will convince anyone

The evidence that needs to be presented is the communications and/or possibly testimony from a whistleblower who knows the scam
Well I am an attorney, and a former successful professional poker player, and I disagree.

You can get that additional evidence too for sure. As I mentioned, it may well exist and the more the better. But I’d feel very confident litigating this case even without a single text message or witness with inside knowledge on the stand.
AGame18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #1438
golfbum983
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,931
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

That ak vs 88 on ak4 board for 600$ more has to be one of the more blatant hands
golfbum983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:32 PM   #1439
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchOnDaRocks View Post
I’m no attorney but it seems extremely dubious that you could put a poker expert on stand and say “deez hands are played bad” and winrates and such and think it will convince anyone
Really? It seems like it would be pretty straight forward.

Mr Poker, in your expert opinion is X possible without cheating? No.
Mr Poker, in your expert opinion is Y possible without cheating? No.
Mr Poker, in your expert opinion is Z possible without cheating? No.

Also, expert testimony from a statistician would probably be quite useful as well.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:33 PM   #1440
jal300
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 326
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchOnDaRocks View Post
I’m no attorney but it seems extremely dubious that you could put a poker expert on stand and say “deez hands are played bad” and winrates and such and think it will convince anyone

The evidence that needs to be presented is the communications and/or possibly testimony from a whistleblower who knows the scam
This is pretty accurate. Everything discussed as "evidence" ITT in a criminal court would be considered circumstantial evidence. By it's very nature, evidence of a circumstantial variety allows for more than one explanation. In a criminal proceeding, another explanation can be sufficient grounds for reasonable doubt. And expert testimony in a criminal trial is almost always considered circumstantial evidence. Prosecutors have a high preference and desire for direct evidence: prosecutors generally loathe the idea of going to trial with just a bunch of circumstantial evidence. It's considered a weak case and a good defense attorney can shred circumstantial evidence to pieces in a courtroom. If this Postle situation gets to a point of criminal investigation, I would bet that a plea is more likely than a trial. He pleads guilty to X, gets a suspended sentence of Y and agrees to pay restitution.
jal300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:39 PM   #1441
NuklearWinter
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,724
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Here is another situation where the cheater plays a top pair perfectly. Watch closely at exactly 2:02:12 Mike does something extremely strange - it's almost like he can't hear whatever is coming from his hat and starts to put his hands on his head before the turn.

Amazingly, Mike checks back the turn on a draw heavy board with top pair. A super obvious spot that Mike played perfectly after he was beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg34YTF-meA&t=2h0m50s



It seems like Mike isn't able to hear well with the white hat in this stream. Finding all the hands in this particular stream should present a ton of evidence of Mike putting his hand onto the hat before the flop/turn, and then making a perfect decision.
NuklearWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:41 PM   #1442
TheMVP
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,712
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monikrazy View Post
Iv seen a lot of this guy on stream and he is legimately sick, seems like a bona fide live crusher. Would love to play with him in person. Doesnt he reguarly play games 25/50 and up? Would be shocked if he doesnt get a ton of people vouching for him.

Also his crusher advantage is likely amplified in his home game because he knows most/all of the players well.

Anyways, i think cheating suspicions jave to at least be treated seriously given his track record, though i dont know much of what he plays off stream.
Yeah man he crushes 25/50 and up and then grinds $100 buy-in live tourneys on the side
TheMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:42 PM   #1443
RedOak
FUD
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 642
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Here is a follow up from my post #685. My electrical engineering friend had this to add:

"I thought of another way he could be cheating. If he set up the RFID system, he could have included a secure bluetooth output that would send the card data directly to his phone. It wouldn't require getting info from someone in the booth. It would be fairly easy to set up."



Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOak View Post
A friend of mine is an electrical engineer for a slot machine gaming company. This is what he has to say about the matter:

"I know a lot about RFID. I've designed circuits using it. The claim of RFID misreading an 8 as a 7 is ridiculous. It doesn't work like that. RFID tags have a long string of numbers. For example 2839489359595. That number would correlate to a specific card. Let's say that is the 8 of hearts. The 7s would each have another long string of numbers that would be unique to each of them. The 7s could be numbers such as 8347382020, 28493847393, 1930384394, and 28494839393. If the RFID misread, the overwhelming odds are it would come up with a blank card as the numbers have to exactly match for each card in the deck and it would require reading the card a second time.

There's virtually no chance a misread would come up with a 7. "

"It's possible to read RFID with a phone, but it requires an additional antenna. It would be possible to modify a phone to integrate the antenna. It would be relatively easy for a casino to detect whether there was an extra RFID reader at the table if they wanted to check.

It's far more likely that he's got someone communicating with him. To be able to read RFID across the table and distinguish between all of the cards would almost require some magic. If you have 2 RFID tags and try to read them at the same time, it's difficult to put it mildly."

"In order to read RFID tags, the reader has to be transmitting a signal. It would take a simple RF sniffer to detect such a device. The casino could easily find someone to check for that. If they're using RFID, it's something they should be checking.

I've designed some wireless equipment for casino use. Most casinos are beyond paranoid about hacking and most are afraid of wireless stuff. If they're using RFID, it's beyond negligent for them not to be checking for cheaters.

It would take a very sophisticated device to be able to read all the cards on the table. I kind of doubt that's what he's doing. It's far more likely that someone is cluing him in from outside. There are literally thousands of people who could write a custom phone app to send him hole card data."
RedOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:46 PM   #1444
zica
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 944
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal300 View Post
This is pretty accurate. Everything discussed as "evidence" ITT in a criminal court would be considered circumstantial evidence. By it's very nature, evidence of a circumstantial variety allows for more than one explanation. In a criminal proceeding, another explanation can be sufficient grounds for reasonable doubt. And expert testimony in a criminal trial is almost always considered circumstantial evidence. Prosecutors have a high preference and desire for direct evidence: prosecutors generally loathe the idea of going to trial with just a bunch of circumstantial evidence. It's considered a weak case and a good defense attorney can shred circumstantial evidence to pieces in a courtroom. If this Postle situation gets to a point of criminal investigation, I would bet that a plea is more likely than a trial. He pleads guilty to X, gets a suspended sentence of Y and agrees to pay restitution.
Isn't it true that a person can be convicted on just circumstantial evidence? Also, if we were talking about just one hand the defense could say, well, he's just a good player; and on the second hand, well, he just felt like gambling; but it goes on, and on, and on, and then the defense has to deal, not just with the god-like plays, but with the almost total lack of errors. Show a jury 10 hours of non-cheating then 10 hours of Mike Postle playing. Then consider going into a civil court instead of a criminal court.
zica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #1445
Zero2Hero13
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 234
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteBlow View Post
Just watching the 45 v AK v AK hand again.



This is the one that tells me that the whole commentary team are in on this. I originally thought he had someone else signalling him

They comment as if they know, without a doubt, what he's going to do (call two all ins) to the point that they have the graphical memes lined up ready. They even say 'Is this the one'.



Will it come out that Veronica was in on it too but something happened that prompted her to spill the beans?
Hell hath no fury....
Zero2Hero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:56 PM   #1446
AGame18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AGame18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GOAT. FORG1V3
Posts: 7,834
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal300 View Post
This is pretty accurate. Everything discussed as "evidence" ITT in a criminal court would be considered circumstantial evidence. By it's very nature, evidence of a circumstantial variety allows for more than one explanation. In a criminal proceeding, another explanation can be sufficient grounds for reasonable doubt. And expert testimony in a criminal trial is almost always considered circumstantial evidence. Prosecutors have a high preference and desire for direct evidence: prosecutors generally loathe the idea of going to trial with just a bunch of circumstantial evidence. It's considered a weak case and a good defense attorney can shred circumstantial evidence to pieces in a courtroom. If this Postle situation gets to a point of criminal investigation, I would bet that a plea is more likely than a trial. He pleads guilty to X, gets a suspended sentence of Y and agrees to pay restitution.
I likely won’t be posting any more on this after this, but again, I disagree. And your implication that circumstantial evidence is less valid or damning than direct evidence is a common myth by lay persons. Neither is necessarily stronger or more credible than the other. It depends on the level of detail and the specific nature of the respective evidence. Many many criminal prosecutions are based largely or solely on circumstantial evidence, and most of those cases have significantly less evidence than what we have here. Your plea comment is a strawman. All prosecutions are more likely to end in a plea than a trial. I’m sure this one would be no different. But that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s because prosecutors do not feel confident in their case. Quite the contrary sometimes. Trials take time and money and come with all sorts of uncertainties and likely appeals. Lots of reasons why pleas are preferable, even with a slam dunk case.

Again, much work would need to be done to get it in shape to present to a factfinder, but as I said, I would feel super confident as a prosecutor here. And as a plaintiff’s attorney in a civil case, I would be doing cartwheels.
AGame18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:58 PM   #1447
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Zero2Hero/PeteBlow

Veronica has been consistent on the stream for questioning Mike Postle. She does it in a somewhat sarcastic/jokey/piss taking way.

There is one commentator that I am semi-suspicious of because of their behaviour - no way is it Veronica.

Justin Kuraitis is 100% involved however.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:58 PM   #1448
NuklearWinter
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,724
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)



How often do you see anyone wearing a hat at the poker table do this? (Usually right before the flop or turn is dealt)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg34YTF-meA&t=1h55m20s
NuklearWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:00 PM   #1449
Mezaire
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 9
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Another hand that beggers belief for me but seeing if some better players here agree.

Mike has 63o and another guy who 3-bet in the BB pre goes all in on a 886 board.

Turns out the guy went all in with AQo, but how the hell do you call a $2k shove with that??
Mezaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:02 PM   #1450
SrslySirius
Animated Character
 
SrslySirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,316
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Ryan Feldman, who runs Live at the Bike, makes a great point. This could be the smoking gun that someone in the producer booth was in on it.

SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive