Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #1301
SuperSwag
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,379
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Some people on twitter were theorizing maybe he was hiding something in his hat. He does often touch his hat during hands. IDK what he could be hiding though.
SuperSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #1302
Halo_P1
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 104
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonomo's ears View Post
Good work, however (& I might be missing something in your detail) Justin does NOT need to be in the booth at the same time Mike is God-moding....because when you see the booth image and table image at the same time they are 30mins apart.

To illustrate this, using a 60 minute timeline from 0 to 60 (and assuming 30 minute booth delay is consistent), this means that Justin can be in backroom helping Mike between 0 and 30mins.....then Justin can go into booth between 31 and 60mins, and see how his (allegedly) assisted hands worked out from 0 to 30mins

Like I said, I might have misunderstood the "Justin & Mike on screen at same time" element of your post, so apologies if this is the case

Yeah I checked for the delay I was aware of that, I also screenshotted any time I saw justin on his phone and if Mike was near his phone a few mins before or after (when fastforwarding 30 mins into the screen). Now both Mike and Justin were texting in 5 minute periods near this, but honestly both could be to anybody and I didnt want to put in wild speculation in that regard linking them. What I posted above is however all objective fact that Im comfortable with.
Halo_P1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:33 PM   #1303
Javoc
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 254
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

explain this hat stuffing
https://twitter.com/stevegustin/stat...425664/photo/1
Javoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:34 PM   #1304
mukdukaluk
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 571
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_P1 View Post
Yeah I checked for the delay I was aware of that, I also screenshotted any time I saw justin on his phone and if Mike was near his phone a few mins before or after (when fastforwarding 30 mins into the screen). Now both Mike and Justin were texting in 5 minute periods near this, but honestly both could be to anybody and I didnt want to put in wild speculation in that regard linking them. What I posted above is however all objective fact that Im comfortable with.
I'm leaning towards him somehow getting the hands directly transmitted. I understand he tanks but you'd think Justin or whomever would make a mistake texting at some point causing Mike to make a really big mistake and that just hasn't happened (funnily enough if it did the furore may be lessened).
mukdukaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:34 PM   #1305
wtfdidido
banned
 
wtfdidido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: ZOG's clownworld
Posts: 135
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc11816 View Post
No, wtf, they are very shocking. The thing is Mike is the best TAG, LAG and all in between, that is what makes iy clear he is cheating, the 95 hand and the 54 hand where he is a maniac genius shoving stacks with a pair into heavy overpair range where obv he knows its AK AQ and it works , but then he is nit hero folding KK, AQ, 88....., he is god.
Exactly, it's not like he spent hours in the lab and plays solid GTO, Mike is playing perfect* exploitative poker every single time which is extremely impressive for someone who doesn't study and can't remember hands.

*except when he's playing PLO or when Justin is in Vegas

He truly is the greatest poker player of all time.
wtfdidido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:35 PM   #1306
Javoc
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 254
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

this hat stuffing tho
https://twitter.com/stevegustin/stat...425664/photo/1
Javoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #1307
Halo_P1
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 104
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

One thing I think we've all learnt from this is never, ever, f*ck with the Internet.
Halo_P1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #1308
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakemeplz View Post
I'm maybe halfway through the thread...

I think even if you can find 2 or three sessions where he was down several buyins, I'd still be with the overwhelming evidence that he does cheat. I mean he could play like a somewhat not godmoded player, run bad in some 50/50 all ins or whatever and be down a few stacks and have a bad session.
It's also possible he did not cheat in certain sessions for a multitude of reasons. So far, all I've seen is him playing on God Mode though. (haven't watched any sessions when Justin was alleged to be out of town)
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:37 PM   #1309
bgrchan
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
Posts: 151
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

bgrchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:41 PM   #1310
3rdCheckRaise
veteran
 
3rdCheckRaise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: sit 10
Posts: 2,936
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*R View Post
I say bring him, his possible cohorts, and The Stones people in for questioning. Dig up everything you can and charge him if there is sufficient evidence. To me, what we have now, is enough to at least open an investigation and give it a go.

People talk, more and more evidence could surface, and Bingo!
If we looking at a team of two people (Mike and accomplice) you will not get any evidence by just questioning them and chances of people rolling on each other are very minimal. So the only way you can catch them is by figuring out the way they hacked into the system. Who is going to do that? Your best bet is casino security but they already conducted investigation and found nothing. Digital forensic investigators working for local law enforcement agencies are beyond incompetent. They are stuffed with people who weren't good enough to find a job in the private sector for double the pay and notoriously horrible. There will never be a smoking gun or any concrete evidence unless someone pays private forensic consulting firm or this case somehow makes it to federal agency and so far i don't see a reason for feds to get involved.
3rdCheckRaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:42 PM   #1311
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
just wanted to show an actual mid-high stakes pro, Christian Soto, commentating on Mikes play on Stones, its his first time watching Mike play. he's surprised by the play, then tries to justify it with logic and reasoning.


i brought this up to show that the commentators are only human and even pros would do the same to some degree, but seeing how Veronica picked up Berkey and Christian, and not too long after she tweets out the allegations against Mike, maybe she brought them there to play against Mike to see if they think hes cheating. i think that if she did do that, it shows how much she cared about getting this right and protecting the players by reaching out to Berkey and Joey to help when Stones and the floorman wouldnt.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:43 PM   #1312
Javoc
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 254
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrchan View Post
LMAOOOOOOOOOO
Javoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:44 PM   #1313
Bonomo's ears
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 125
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdCheckRaise View Post
If we looking at a team of two people (Mike and accomplice) you will not get any evidence by just questioning them and chances of people rolling on each other are very minimal. So the only way you can catch them is by figuring out the way they hacked into the system. Who is going to do that? Your best bet is casino security but they already conducted investigation and found nothing. Digital forensic investigators working for local law enforcement agencies are beyond incompetent. They are stuffed with people who weren't good enough to find a job in the private sector for double the pay and notoriously horrible. There will never be a smoking gun or any concrete evidence unless someone pays private forensic consulting firm or this case somehow makes it to federal agency and so far i don't see a reason for feds to get involved.
How do we know there was already any investigation?

Justin saying so to placate Veronica/Kasey?
Bonomo's ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #1314
sirswish6
Iron Sharpens Iron
 
sirswish6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: That farmhouse......... there
Posts: 7,026
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
It's also possible he did not cheat in certain sessions for a multitude of reasons. So far, all I've seen is him playing on God Mode though. (haven't watched any sessions when Justin was alleged to be out of town)
in the 2016 streams he was a loser in all of them except one, pretty hilarious
sirswish6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #1315
DevoGKT
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 162
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javoc View Post


Holyyyy ****


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
DevoGKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #1316
OG_Thizz
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 23
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
just wanted to show an actual mid-high stakes pro, Christian Soto, commentating on Mikes play on Stones, its his first time watching Mike play. he's surprised by the play, then tries to justify it with logic and reasoning.

Yeah, that hand ****ing sucked.
OG_Thizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:46 PM   #1317
Gman109
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 20
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket_zeros View Post
For those saying he wont be caught/charged because there's no physical evidence of cheating...you're overlooking the tried and true way financial-type criminals get caught - by following the money trail. If Mike had a partner on the inside, which he mostly likely did, then there's no way investigators wont be able to find where money exchanged hands, whether it be directly via bank transactions or indirectly through evaluation of their standard of living and discretionary cash purchases in case they were smart enough to keep everything in cash. Investigators will ask why they passed money between each other and I don't think they'll accept "he staked me" as a believable answer.
This. Plus remember that a Stones employee is the one that came forward and brought Postle's cheating into the forefront in the first place (yes I realize others have accused him earlier, and warned not to play with Postle). Investigators will likely get a bunch of info she has that she isn't making public yet.

Law Enforcement, especially the FBI/etc, have incredible capabilities to track both cell phone activity - all of it, deleted/uninstalled or not - as well as server/systems. Even IF Postle and Justin have tried to delete/uninstall whatever app/tech/etc he or they are using - it can be found, believe me. My pops works in this very area with the Canadian RCMP, who work with the FBI and intel agencies all the time recovering criminal and national security stuff from cell phones and computer systems. If the public widely knew their abilities they'd **** bricks - it makes what Snowden brought to light look like a walk in the park. There is NO hiding if these agencies come after you.

So, if the right law enforcement agencies start investigating this - those guilty are ****ed. I hope you like know this Postle, as we all know you're reading this. Whatever you've done, there is a trail left, and it's going to be found. The statistics alone prove all reasonable doubt and possibility that you've cheated.
Gman109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:47 PM   #1318
persianpunisher
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,421
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I love how now we’re insulting people who have doubts. While I think the guy is really likely cheating, this is straight up witch hunt behavior. Lol.
persianpunisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:48 PM   #1319
persianpunisher
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,421
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

That hat stuffing is super sketchy.
persianpunisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:49 PM   #1320
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 1,174
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persianpunisher View Post
I love how now we’re insulting people who have doubts. While I think the guy is really likely cheating, this is straight up witch hunt behavior. Lol.
yea this certainly doesn't bolster someone's argument to use ad hominem attacks when someone disagrees. I've always said if you're truly confident in your argument, then your argument is all you need.
ejames209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #1321
sirswish6
Iron Sharpens Iron
 
sirswish6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: That farmhouse......... there
Posts: 7,026
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

9 session in 2016 and 8 in 2017, biggest stack he ended up with was 4800 once and 2nd biggest was 2600. compare that to this march when he built an 18.5k stack at 1/3
sirswish6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #1322
Halo_P1
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 104
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman109 View Post
This. Plus remember that a Stones employee is the one that came forward and brought Postle's cheating into the forefront in the first place (yes I realize others have accused him earlier, and warned not to play with Postle). Investigators will likely get a bunch of info she has that she isn't making public yet.

Law Enforcement, especially the FBI/etc, have incredible capabilities to track both cell phone activity - all of it, deleted/uninstalled or not - as well as server/systems. Even IF Postle and Justin have tried to delete/uninstall whatever app/tech/etc he or they are using - it can be found, believe me. My pops works in this very area with the Canadian RCMP, who work with the FBI and intel agencies all the time recovering criminal and national security stuff from cell phones and computer systems. If the public widely knew their abilities they'd **** bricks - it makes what Snowden brought to light look like a walk in the park. There is NO hiding if these agencies come after you.

So, if the right law enforcement agencies start investigating this - those guilty are ****ed. I hope you like know this Postle, as we all know you're reading this. Whatever you've done, there is a trail left, and it's going to be found. The statistics alone prove all reasonable doubt and possibility that you've cheated.
If either of them have half a brain (and that is not sarcasm, its a legitimate if), both their phones are smashed and far down a river at this point.
Halo_P1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #1323
Mezaire
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 9
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Hey all,
Been following this pretty closely so joined here as seems the best place to discuss!!

Just a couple of points that I have yet to be seen discussed.
In the stream with Moneymaker and Boski (the one where Joey says he doesn't look himself) he doesn't look in his lap at all.
He also doesn't check his hole cards very often, even in PLO, whereas in the other streams he checks 77 about 10 times, each time looking down a long way. Honestly, who needs to check pocket 7's more than twice!!!

He is also sitting next to the dealer in this stream, not sure if he isn't cheating becasue the dealer could see.
And finally, from what I can see, although he does make money on that stream, he's not 10x to 20x his buy in, and others are making the same or more than him.

To me he is probably a good and winning player normally, just when God mode is activated (card reading) he is the best player on the planet!!!

Oh and finally, the RFID mistakes.....why do they only ever happen to him and on non-showdown hands???
Mezaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #1324
justscott
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Way far.
Posts: 1,901
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

justscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:53 PM   #1325
milespro
centurion
 
milespro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California
Posts: 187
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

They are probably destroying evidence as we all speak. Hopefully the youtube vids are enough for a reasonable person to conclude it was cheating. At minimum Postle should be blacklisted and I'd probably fire Justin also, regardless of involvement, just for failing to keep the game secure.
milespro is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive