Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2021, 01:20 AM   #12951
moneymaker03
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 366
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarirob View Post
This was the first part I believe your name got mentioned. Veronica asked about Mike cheating online. It was around 3:58 in, here is a clip of it

https://streamable.com/kn7zzr

This was the second part getting more clarification on who Mikes friends were. Sabina said your name, not sure if she was talking about the Pokerstars days again? Veronica asked again about you, Sabina said your guys have been friends since day 1 and were talking 4-5 months ago. She also said she thinks you have no idea about the cheating and that you are a standup guy. Here is the second clip of that

https://streamable.com/li202b
saw the videos and still have no idea what I am accused of. I knew mike from tunica where we played 2-5. We spoke but not often, not sure how we were besties. My wife has never met him and I have never met this lady. Did not talk to him outside of the poker game. He moved years ago and never spoke to him or knew where he moved too. Did my first appearance at Stones and he was there and we reconnected. We talked more often once reconnecting and I was going to Stones for appearances and to play in that insane game. Went on a "field trip" with about 5 players and Justin to San Francisco during that time, was the only time we were ever social off the poker table.

He called me the day Veronica broke the story and I went to bat for him as I did not think he was cheating in the games when we played together. Been cheated in two games and figured it out, did not feel like it when we played. Once I saw all the evidence I distanced myself from him. We had a text message exchange probably a year ago about the documentary and wanting me to be involved somehow. He reached out again to me today to apologize but I did not know for what. Pretty much sums it up.
moneymaker03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:28 AM   #12952
Atarirob
veteran
 
Atarirob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: michigan
Posts: 2,391
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymaker03 View Post
saw the videos and still have no idea what I am accused of. I knew mike from tunica where we played 2-5. We spoke but not often, not sure how we were besties. My wife has never met him and I have never met this lady. Did not talk to him outside of the poker game. He moved years ago and never spoke to him or knew where he moved too. Did my first appearance at Stones and he was there and we reconnected. We talked more often once reconnecting and I was going to Stones for appearances and to play in that insane game. Went on a "field trip" with about 5 players and Justin to San Francisco during that time, was the only time we were ever social off the poker table.

He called me the day Veronica broke the story and I went to bat for him as I did not think he was cheating in the games when we played together. Been cheated in two games and figured it out, did not feel like it when we played. Once I saw all the evidence I distanced myself from him. We had a text message exchange probably a year ago about the documentary and wanting me to be involved somehow. He reached out again to me today to apologize but I did not know for what. Pretty much sums it up.

Awesome, thanks Chris. She made it sound like you and Mike were tight for some period of time and still were to this day. I’m pretty sure you’ve told this story before here when the story broke.

I have to take everything Sabina says here with a grain of salt after that. Need to rewatch it tomorrow.
Atarirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:24 AM   #12953
Angry_Polak
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 72
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

the video was to show Mike's character and not hers. She wasn't accused of cheating so it wasn't about her.
Angry_Polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:13 AM   #12954
Dreadnaught
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,866
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

wow...would be good to hear some educated legal views on this..seems a lot
Dreadnaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:43 AM   #12955
Bohemianwrapsody
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 425
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Just putting 1 and 1 together...

She (sabina) claims postle colluded on poker stars
She throws money makers name out during convo
We know moneymaker and postle played on ps
She claims postle would collude by playing at same table as friends (2-3) and talking on phone
Moneymaker admits he has spoken to postle before

So the only logical conclusion is moneymaker may have colluded on ps w postle.



Chris why would you stay around a “fleecer”?



And veronica of course sabina is now going to be put on public trial. She basically matter of factly implicated moneymaker. We also still dont really know why sabina would come forward. Was she paid to do this interview?

It doesnt make sense for her to buy a guard dog out of fear and then go public w this info which seems borderline slanderous if not true.
Bohemianwrapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:00 AM   #12956
PLIKITYPLAK
veteran
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,512
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outoftime44444 View Post
Wow. Mike Postle went to jail three times for domestic abuse against his ex wife.
Are you surprised? The guy is a dirtbag grifter that has been cheating the poker community since Ultimatebet and probably before.
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:14 AM   #12957
TPeck
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 271
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Any lawyers here? I feel like to actually be incarcerated for domestic violence 3 separate times and still acquire custody of your children in court as a man this woman has to have been determined legally insane at some point no?
TPeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:28 AM   #12958
madlex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 12,600
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemianwrapsody View Post
So the only logical conclusion is moneymaker may have colluded on ps w postle.



Chris why would you stay around a “fleecer”?
Mod note: very careful here. We’re not going to allow any “conclusions” that are in fact accusations solely based on someone saying in an interview that their ex-husband knew Chris or played with him on PokerStars.
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:48 AM   #12959
Bohemianwrapsody
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 425
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
Mod note: very careful here. We’re not going to allow any “conclusions” that are in fact accusations solely based on someone saying in an interview that their ex-husband knew Chris or played with him on PokerStars.
Sabina called moneymaker a cheater... someones lying or not telling full truth

I wasnt accusing anyone of anything just restating points in the video and trying to make sense of them.

The only logical question is how sabina did moneymaker cheat?
Bohemianwrapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:59 AM   #12960
Atarirob
veteran
 
Atarirob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: michigan
Posts: 2,391
Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Got to the last half hour. Mike should have a huge rap sheet. He’s had run ins with the law during his time in the south. Tried bullying their landlord after not paying the rent. He is banned from Caesers properties for getting drunk and fighting a security guard. He was busted three times for domestic violence, once in Vegas and twice in Sacramento. Mikes mom bails him out every time. Currently he is preventing his ex from seeing her child.

There was an amusing story which I can remember Mike saying publicly before. She tells how Mike said that Veronica was trying to pick up their child at her school. I’m pretty sure Mike had to this story on Matusow’s podcast. Somewhere he publicly said that because it rings a bell as it was pretty silly then. Who or why would someone randomly try and pick up a kid they don’t know to save them.

In the end she says Mike has a violent past and will do whatever he can to scam a person/company for damn near any reason.
Atarirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:12 AM   #12961
Atarirob
veteran
 
Atarirob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: michigan
Posts: 2,391
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
Mod note: very careful here. We’re not going to allow any “conclusions” that are in fact accusations solely based on someone saying in an interview that their ex-husband knew Chris or played with him on PokerStars.

That’s the part of the interview I wish I wouldn’t have heard and I stopped listening initially after that.

She does state twice in the clips that Chris had no involvement in cheating or really knew about any cheating, but also said that the two were friends. IDK, it was a strange part of the interview.
Atarirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #12962
checkraisdraw
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,350
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Not to speculate, but just because someone is abused that doesn’t automatically mean that they will receive custody of the kids. In fact, if this abuse involved financial abuse, there may be a huge disparity in the quality of representation. Furthermore abusers cultivate a public vs private persona. In court he may have been presented as a changed person and the judge can only adjudicate on what’s presented in court. Or there could have been out of court settlements. Or the abuse could have led to other mental health issues for the mother.

It’s not as cut and dry as “he committed domestic abuse and still got the kids, therefore she must be even crazier.” Trauma and abuse are both self-perpetuating.
checkraisdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:15 PM   #12963
GreatBigRedOne
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 618
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkraisdraw View Post
Not to speculate, but just because someone is abused that doesn’t automatically mean that they will receive custody of the kids. In fact, if this abuse involved financial abuse, there may be a huge disparity in the quality of representation. Furthermore abusers cultivate a public vs private persona. In court he may have been presented as a changed person and the judge can only adjudicate on what’s presented in court. Or there could have been out of court settlements. Or the abuse could have led to other mental health issues for the mother.

It’s not as cut and dry as “he committed domestic abuse and still got the kids, therefore she must be even crazier.” Trauma and abuse are both self-perpetuating.
Oh sure, judges just glance at how an abuser is dressed and tosses out domestic abuse charges if it looks good. Got it. We have all observed this phenomena.
GreatBigRedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:20 PM   #12964
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 1,144
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Seems odd and kinda out of line to just throw moneymaker's name out there like they're super cool with each other. Glad he's not involved
ejames209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:35 PM   #12965
Jay Why
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lundun
Posts: 945
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I was uncomfortable with the Moneymaker talk in the show, as it is a big thing to call someone a cheat, so if one does that one needs to be able to back up the accusation with evidence. That wasn't done with Postle, and it wasnt done with Moneymaker. The gist appears to be he was accused of colluding at Pokerstars, but they investigated and found no evidence. Again, if any of this is true, it could have been a fake JFK non investigation so that Moneymaker was free to carry on cheating, as the site had so much reason for him to carry on spotless, just as JFK had every motive for Postle to carry on. Or allegations of Moneymaker cheating on Pokerstars could all be unfounded nonsense. Unfortunately it was an interview where the interviewee tried to have it both ways, say he cheated, then say he didnt cheat and there was no evidence against him. I remember watching Moneymaker on the Stones streams, if I recall correctly he wasnt a winner in the sessions, so it would be unlikely for him to be colluding with Postle in Stones.
Jay Why is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:04 PM   #12966
Outoftime44444
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 740
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

The interviewee ex-wife knew very little about the poker stuff. Next to nothing.

The only for sure fact is that Postle was once friends with Moneymaker and may have text messaged him 4-5 months ago (which Moneymaker for the most part verified here).

The accusations that Moneymaker cheated were very mumbled. At first the ex-wife meant Moneymaker played on pokerstars with Postle, and Veronica thought she was talking about cheating at Stones. Then that was cleared up, and in the end the interview subject knew nothing about Moneymaker cheating at poker stars or even anything about Moneymaker except that he has messaged her husband.

Also this "court house" connection stuff is nonsense for sure. Doesn't make sense. My guess is Postle and his Mom just know how to game the system until they couldn't game it
anymore with this defamation/documentary/lawsuit/cheating.

Most people don't know how to use/game the system or don't want to game the system, so don't follow lawsuits and threaten and stalk people. But over litigious scammers, aka "frequent fliers" know how to and can get little settlements here or there.
Outoftime44444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:40 PM   #12967
Outoftime44444
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 740
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

The most amazing thing in all of this is how such an obvious low life scammer conned Stones poker crowd and employees so long.

I'm not trying to victim blame, but just seeing Mike Postle make a fool of himself repeatedly and then hearing him talk for 2 minutes during his oral argument at his hearing, he has the look, sound, and decision making of a scammer.

Last edited by Outoftime44444; 06-07-2021 at 03:51 PM.
Outoftime44444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:08 PM   #12968
DC2LV
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 2,960
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemianwrapsody View Post
Sabina called moneymaker a cheater... someones lying or not telling full truth

I wasnt accusing anyone of anything just restating points in the video and trying to make sense of them.

The only logical question is how sabina did moneymaker cheat?
No, she didn't. In fact, she specifically stated that Moneymaker had no knowledge of anything going on and that she "absolutely, 100% believe(s) this was all Mike's...Mr. Postle's doing."

You then drew your idiotic conclusion.
DC2LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:33 PM   #12969
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

It's interesting to see how quickly posters in this thread are jumping to discredit this woman. After hearing her talk about Postle making fake accounts online, it makes you wonder how many accounts he has in this thread.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:59 PM   #12970
checkraisdraw
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,350
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBigRedOne View Post
Oh sure, judges just glance at how an abuser is dressed and tosses out domestic abuse charges if it looks good. Got it. We have all observed this phenomena.
Nice strawman
checkraisdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 05:25 PM   #12971
Atarirob
veteran
 
Atarirob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: michigan
Posts: 2,391
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
It's interesting to see how quickly posters in this thread are jumping to discredit this woman. After hearing her talk about Postle making fake accounts online, it makes you wonder how many accounts he has in this thread.

There were some nuggets in there that makes me believe her overall. The story about staying at The Orleans with her parents and kids and Mike trying to scam freebies because the mirror moved I can see happening. Orleans would be a cheap place you’d take your parents and kid. It has a bowling alley/movie theater/arcade and it’s a busy poker room for her dad. The hotel is run down a bit. Want to take a dump and talk on the land line? That’s a feature at The Orleans with the phone located right next to the toilet. No way she made that up.

The domestic abuse, have no choice but to believe it. I have no reason to doubt her until police reports about her come up. Mike has a history as a liar and a narcissist. Wouldn’t shock me if there was some abuse.
Atarirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:11 PM   #12972
Bohemianwrapsody
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 425
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2LV View Post
No, she didn't. In fact, she specifically stated that Moneymaker had no knowledge of anything going on and that she "absolutely, 100% believe(s) this was all Mike's...Mr. Postle's doing."

You then drew your idiotic conclusion.
Keep up w the convo bud..

That was for the postle/stones situation.

She clearly calls moneymaker a cheat and alludes to poker stars but then the details get blurry and she kinda backs off.

Why even mention moneymaker at all?

Makes no sense
Bohemianwrapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:51 PM   #12973
Outoftime44444
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 740
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

The poker was not the focus of the interview and anyone who gets stuck and focused on her poker details are missing the point of the interview.

She was not in the poker scams and doesn't know poker. She had no idea about the poker details. Even the Stones cheating she confirmed from her dad, a poker dealer, who used the same data we have.

Her memory was fuzzy on most details, however she gave her best recollection.

She basically brought to the table the backstory on Postle not being a fun loving good guy, but a frequent scammer via personal stories with hotels and how he treats others to use them for monetary gain. Then in the second half, it turned into a recollection of more violent, predatory behavior from Postle.
Outoftime44444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:06 PM   #12974
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,370
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemianwrapsody View Post
...

She clearly calls moneymaker a cheat and alludes to poker stars but then the details get blurry and she kinda backs off.

...
You have made this point multiple times now. I have listened to the interview twice and do not think your reckoning is 100% correct.

As others have pointed out that is not the focus or intent of the interview. The interviewee seems to have somewhat limited knowledge/expertise in certain things related to poker. And seems to have little knowledge of any cheating situation/investigation on PokerStars.

And, as a mod has already posted above, 2+2 does not allow baseless cheating accusations to be posted, even if the poster is "repeating" something they heard on the internet.

Any subsequent posts along these lines will be deleted.
whosnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:47 PM   #12975
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,551
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeck View Post
Any lawyers here? I feel like to actually be incarcerated for domestic violence 3 separate times and still acquire custody of your children in court as a man this woman has to have been determined legally insane at some point no?
The only mothers that I have seen lose custody were in the middle of a substance abuse problem/treatment and had voluntarily given their children to the father for care and the fathers moved for custody afterwards. Not saying this is applicable to how Postle obtained custody....

Of course, you rarely get a balanced truthful accounting of a marriage and divorce from only one of the involved parties who has an axe to grind.

Last edited by jjjou812; 06-07-2021 at 07:56 PM.
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive