Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2020, 11:32 AM   #11976
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,226
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFA View Post
Love seeing all these big poker players making grand statements on twitter to Veronica about her request for donations. When you check what they donated its often $20-$50

I think ultimately this will work out bad for Postle even if he wins compared to if he just shut up and did nothing... The community is large and this is more offensive to most of them than the actual cheating. Bill Perkins can become #1 poker superstar if he funds this


Also. Veronica if you are reading this. Please increase your goal to like 50k or something... I guarantee your average person will see the current goal was met and may decide they dont need to donate...
I don't know who James Bord is, but he donated $2k. A few $1k in there as well.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:44 AM   #11977
PLIKITYPLAK
veteran
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,512
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFA View Post
Now that Mike is filing lawsuit against all these people. Can they not now demand his phone gets looked at for evidence of cheating?
That phone is in a million pieces under 30 feet of refuse at the Sacramento landfill.
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #11978
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,342
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawsten View Post
The defendants own lawyer in a prior criminal case exonerated Postle by stating they had no proof or evidence of wrong doing. There is no way postle loses this case because of that.
Postle was entirely left out of that statement. He isn't mentioned or referenced. The statement is in regards to Stones Casino and JFK, not Postle.
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:51 AM   #11979
Ninja1989
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 139
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....912-2tmw3.html

Was a case like this years ago in Australia... he won and was awarded 6 figures + Legal Fees.....

This could get very costly for the defendant's
Ninja1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:53 AM   #11980
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,922
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
Oh yeah? Show us where the defendants own laywer stated that they had no proof or evidence regarding Postle

Postle is never even mentioned or referenced in the statement you're talking about, so everything you wrote is nonsense
Pay no attention to Bawsten. His entire posting history is mouthing off about things he is clueless about. He does attempt to sound convincing, but he is a moron and have not seen him accurate on a single thing. He is also a rigtard.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:57 AM   #11981
OFA
old hand
 
OFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,714
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spyutastic View Post
I don't know who James Bord is, but he donated $2k. A few $1k in there as well.
look at some of the names Veronica has retweeted, well known pros... then go look at what they donated....
OFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:59 AM   #11982
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,226
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFA View Post
look at some of the names Veronica has retweeted, well known pros... then go look at what they donated....
I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just recognizing there were some larger donations plus Perkins.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #11983
OFA
old hand
 
OFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,714
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spyutastic View Post
I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just recognizing there were some larger donations plus Perkins.
Perkins can be the hero the poker world have needed... Such a shame Postle didnt try to get him too
OFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:29 PM   #11984
AlanBostick
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AlanBostick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: twitch.tv/pokershaman59
Posts: 10,849
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I can't wait until this lawsuit goes into discovery.

AlanBostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:48 PM   #11985
likes
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 311
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawsten View Post
Im a lawyer also. Veronica and Joey Ingram did about everything wrong that they could do wrong here, given they had no physical proof. They cant prove the claims they can only make assumptions..

Id like to paraphrase a judgement on a california case based on an exploit in a video poker machine:

A group of players found an exploit (edge) on certain video poker machines. Kept it to themselves, over the course of a few months make over 500k from said machines spread across california. The casinos and manufacturers sued the players criminally and in civil court. Both times case was thrown out when their lawyers defense was... "your honor all my clients did was press a button in a certain sequence in which they were legally entitled to press"

Case dismissed and they were able to recover all funds that were seized and sue operators for defamation after the fact.

Postles going to walk away from this with potentially 7 figures because poker players dont know **** about the real world or how it actually works.

Also no one has said it yet but Joey Ingram is going to get destroyed through this. He was broadcasting his videos to 10s of thousands of people EVERY DAY for weeks, calling postle a cheater, a scammer, etc etc... all the while holding up bottle of adderall talking about his drug induced sessions of grinding this to uncover the truth!!! Hes going to get destroyed in court, its why hes gone silent on social media.

GG poker world.
Interested in how you think Postle avoids being classified as a public figure, thus raising the bar to success in a defamation case. The discovery on this point alone will be damaging to both him and Stones.
likes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:08 PM   #11986
Manner Please
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 194
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Being upset at Postle is one thing, but the people you should really be angry at are the California Gaming Commission and really the cardrooms. The Commerce, The Bike, Bay 101, M8trix, Lucky Chances etc. They show a total unwillingness to push for protections of game integrity. It's not that they don't have lobbying powers - we've seen them expend a LOT of lobbying effort on trying to take banked games like Blackjack away from the Indian casinos, in direct violation of the democrat voting of California voters. They are willing to spend a lot of money on that out of greed. But as for looking out for poker players, protecting game integrity, that they are willing to spend nothing on.
Manner Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:16 PM   #11987
GreatBigRedOne
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 618
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manner Please View Post
Being upset at Postle is one thing, but the people you should really be angry at are the California Gaming Commission and really the cardrooms. The Commerce, The Bike, Bay 101, M8trix, Lucky Chances etc. They show a total unwillingness to push for protections of game integrity. It's not that they don't have lobbying powers - we've seen them expend a LOT of lobbying effort on trying to take banked games like Blackjack away from the Indian casinos, in direct violation of the democrat voting of California voters. They are willing to spend a lot of money on that out of greed. But as for looking out for poker players, protecting game integrity, that they are willing to spend nothing on.
Ok, what problems have you noticed with game integrity, and what steps have they failed to take or spend on?
GreatBigRedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:27 PM   #11988
Manner Please
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 194
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBigRedOne View Post
Ok, what problems have you noticed with game integrity, and what steps have they failed to take or spend on?
Are you lost? Check the thread you're in before writing a response.

The problem we're discussing is the one where a player stole hundreds of thousands of dollars in a crooked California card room game. And they have done absolutely nothing except try to get it brushed under the rug.

If they have the funds and connections to lobby the Cali Gaming Commision and publications like the LA Times about how important it is that they get to run illegal banked games, then they could spend some effort like making a statement that Postle is banned from all California card rooms, contribute to the investigation, invest in technlogy to protect livestreamed games so we can leverage livestreams to grow the game AND have honest games etc. Instead they do nothing. And if you want to pretend like it's because Postle is innocent, and Daniel Negraneau, Doug Polk, Joey Ingram, etc are the guilty ones, then that's a slap in the face to the whole poker community.
Manner Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:34 PM   #11989
GreatBigRedOne
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 618
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manner Please View Post
Are you lost? Check the thread you're in before writing a response.

The problem we're discussing is the one where a player stole hundreds of thousands of dollars in a crooked California card room game. And they have done absolutely nothing except try to get it brushed under the rug.

If they have the funds and connections to lobby the Cali Gaming Commision and publications like the LA Times about how important it is that they get to run illegal banked games, then they could spend some effort like making a statement that Postle is banned from all California card rooms, contribute to the investigation, invest in technlogy to protect livestreamed games so we can leverage livestreams to grow the game AND have honest games etc. Instead they do nothing. And if you want to pretend like it's because Postle is innocent, and Daniel Negraneau, Doug Polk, Joey Ingram, etc are the guilty ones, then that's a slap in the face to the whole poker community.
Ah yes, I hadn’t directly correlated it to the bat cave yet. I’m sure the impossicheater 2000 would have changed the world if only your pre determined spending limits had been reached. By the way how much inside info are you privy too regarding spending that you are so sure they haven’t. Peace out and enjoy your mask.
GreatBigRedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:45 PM   #11990
Manner Please
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 194
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBigRedOne View Post
Ah yes, I hadn’t directly correlated it to the bat cave yet. I’m sure the impossicheater 2000 would have changed the world if only your pre determined spending limits had been reached. By the way how much inside info are you privy too regarding spending that you are so sure they haven’t. Peace out and enjoy your mask.

If you want some examples of their PR efforts, look at articles they wrote like this:

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...205-story.html

which is obviously a paid PR fluff piece since it claims players like the current rules and totally disregards the HIGHLY RELEVANT class action lawsuit against Commerce for banning players

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/3...kjack-1241343/

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/3...nkers-1662684/

Either LA Times has totally incompetent journalists who don't do Google searches on the pieces they're writing, or it's a PR piece.

Basic research indicates that California cardrooms have spokepeople and lobbyists invested in efforts on this banked game issue. They could issue a ban on Mike Postle in their cardrooms, which would cost them nothing, and which they have no problem doing for players who ask for their legal right to play banker in games like blackjack and baccarat. Yet they haven't done the most simple of actions of just making a statement on the Postle issue. Why? Because they'd rather have it brushed under the rug then spend a modicum of effort showing they care about gaem integrity.

Live at the Bike is probably the best thing to grow poker in the last 10 years, live streams are good for the games, but how can we do livestreams when the cardrooms will not only allow cheating, they'll stand by and do nothing when it's revealed?

You drop into the biggest 2p2 thread of all time about a cheater then ask ask for context on why game integrity is relevant. I have no idea what impossicheater, bat cave, or masks have to do with anything - you seem totally incoherent.
Manner Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:52 PM   #11991
Bawsten
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 283
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
Pay no attention to Bawsten. His entire posting history is mouthing off about things he is clueless about. He does attempt to sound convincing, but he is a moron and have not seen him accurate on a single thing. He is also a rigtard.


Mouthing off about things Ive literally never been wrong about.

Youre just butt hurt cause I go at your shills in the rigtard thread and expose their logic for the **** that it is. I question, for a living. Some people dont like to give direct answers, thats where it becomes fun. But since your entire existence is revolved around running or at least being active on an online forum you'd understand how fun it is to push buttons.

Still waiting for those sources from Monteroy.

Postle wins this suit 100% of the time. Poker players, have no idea whats going on here. Im going to absolutely LOSE it, when all this research comes back from going through every stream and every action trying to get accurate stack counts and win loss statements, when postle won grossly less than stated and then everyone shuts the **** up.
Bawsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 02:26 PM   #11992
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,598
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawsten View Post


The defendants own lawyer in a prior criminal case exonerated Postle by stating they had no proof or evidence of wrong doing. There is no way postle loses this case because of that.

.
What prior criminal case are you talking about? Show me the statement exonerating Postle.

Last edited by jjjou812; 10-04-2020 at 02:26 PM. Reason: This guy is an idiot.
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 02:57 PM   #11993
persianpunisher
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,422
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawsten View Post
Mouthing off about things Ive literally never been wrong about.

Youre just butt hurt cause I go at your shills in the rigtard thread and expose their logic for the **** that it is. I question, for a living. Some people dont like to give direct answers, thats where it becomes fun. But since your entire existence is revolved around running or at least being active on an online forum you'd understand how fun it is to push buttons.

Still waiting for those sources from Monteroy.

Postle wins this suit 100% of the time. Poker players, have no idea whats going on here. Im going to absolutely LOSE it, when all this research comes back from going through every stream and every action trying to get accurate stack counts and win loss statements, when postle won grossly less than stated and then everyone shuts the **** up.
Don't you have some notecards and letters to be writing instead of bringing your nut low posts to this thread? lol
persianpunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:44 PM   #11994
Wolfferine
enthusiast
 
Wolfferine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 80
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawsten View Post
Also no one has said it yet but Joey Ingram is going to get destroyed through this. He was broadcasting his videos to 10s of thousands of people EVERY DAY for weeks, calling postle a cheater, a scammer, etc etc... all the while holding up bottle of adderall talking about his drug induced sessions of grinding this to uncover the truth!!! Hes going to get destroyed in court, its why hes gone silent on social media.
That's funny because I was thinking exactly the opposite last night, was going to post about it, but then held back.

Now, it's been a few months since I've watched any of the Ingram YouTube stream videos where he was analyzing all of the Stones stream broadcasts, but from what I recall Joey was always very careful about not directly saying Mike Postle 100% for sure cheated.

He joked around a lot about "god mode" and "CTO", but I think he knew that he would be prime for a possible lawsuit down the road, and was extremely cautious about not committing libel and saying "Mike Postle cheated!" He always left open the 1 in a million chance that Mike was THAT good.

I think Joey should, and will, come out of this new lawsuit unscathed.

I could be wrong.
Wolfferine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:46 PM   #11995
likes
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 311
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawsten View Post

Postle wins this suit 100% of the time.
So you'll have no trouble giving me 5/1 on how much?
likes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:24 PM   #11996
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,342
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Checking in on the donator list to Brill's legal defense is quite interesting. Peter Svidler, the world's 25th ranked (and 8-time Russian champion) Chess player donated $200 just now
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:58 PM   #11997
Adjusted
adept
 
Adjusted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hua Hin
Posts: 1,025
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

It's great to see the poker community coming together to help one of their own. Maybe Joan Rivers was wrong?
Adjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:18 PM   #11998
pocket_zeros
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,533
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I wonder if the process server for the countersuit will be able to locate Postle's trailer. I guess it'll be the one with the crushed beer cans outside and the crushed dreams inside.
pocket_zeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:33 PM   #11999
Outoftime44444
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 758
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I think he will lose if it gets to trial because it will be a matter of public concern (security at a casino and on TV), and he will have to prove falsity and malice. If its a matter of public concern, calling out Postle would be the same thing as calling out Trump or any other public official.

Steps to Winning Defamatino claim

1. Step One – Prove a False Claim of Fact was Made.

The first step for a defamation claim is to point to a very specific claim, and to be able to conclusively assert that it’s a factual assertion as opposed to an opinion statement. The difference between an opinion and a fact often comes down to a case-by-case analysis of the publication's context.

2. Step Two – Prove Malice:

The second prong is “clear and convincing” evidence of actual “malice.” As a matter of public interest, the standard requires “clear and convincing evidence that the challenged statements were made with actual malice.” (Clear and convincing evidence is a higher burden of proof than a normal civil “preponderance of the evidence” in California. This means the party must persuade the jury that it is highly probable that the fact is true. It is evidence "so clear as to leave no substantial doubt... in every reasonable mind."

It remains difficult to prove and will require extensive discovery and taking depositions to prove by clear and convincing evidence, that a person has knowledge of the falsity of the statement (or that it was made with reckless disregard of the truth which is an entirely subjective standard.)

My prediction based on this limited information:

I doubt it will ever get to a trial, and even then the damages, attorney fees, wont be worth it for anyone.

A jury can literally say ANYTHING when it comes to damages. $5 verdict for postle, for example. Defamation is best won in cases where someone loses a job and has actual financial loses.

I would guess he may settle with some. For example, I bet ESPN deals with stuff like this all the time, and at a certain point ESPN's INSURANCE carrier may make the decision its better to pay Postle $50k than defend ESPN employees in costly deposition. For example, the cost of defendant Scott Van Pelt in a deposition is probably at least $15,000 to an attorney, plus SVP's lost work time.
Outoftime44444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:42 PM   #12000
deuceblocker
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,268
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Postle is clearly not a public figure. He wasn't one before this started anyway.

Maybe Postle is looking for Stones to pay him off to drop the suit. They probably don't want to go through discovery etc.
deuceblocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive