Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2020, 03:48 PM   #11776
PLIKITYPLAK
veteran
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,512
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfbum983 View Post
Wasn’t it Veronica who outted Mike?

What’s all this nonsense that she’s at fault for anything
Nobody really thinks she is other than MP and Justin. They are now posting on here with their latest ID trying to rewrite the narrative is that she went public with MP cheating not because he actually was, but because she was getting jealous of his popularity. Which is utterly ridiculous considering all the proof that has come out that he was cheating. That is why I keep posting that whether someone believes this narrative of Amy is irrelevant to the fact that MP did actually cheat.
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:13 PM   #11777
Ataman
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbury Twist View Post
For what it's worth, I don't recall the games consisting of players solely hand-picked by Veronica herself. On top of that, only some of the streams – in fact, a minority of them – were Veronica & Friends games at all.

So if anyone really wants to entertain the "OMG what a terrible person, she invited people to a game with a known cheater" narrative, you'd first have to know when her suspicions first began, when they grew, and when she approached JFK about them. Yes, she invited people like Berkey and Soto AFTER she questioned the game's integrity (those guys talked about that on the S4Y show). Yes, she's apologetic for that. I still don't see how it makes her suspicious of anything, though.

As for this:



Sure it does. He analogized how long it takes in a slow, gradual process before someone actually acts. You said before that English isn't your first language, so this might be something getting lost in translation. (But you'll have to explain to me what schizophrenia has to do with anything about his post.)
Schizophrenic is the sense that he’s delusional. Let me put it this way, if a friend of mine invited me to a game with someone he knew was cheating, then I’d say he’s in on it. Maybe she was and went public after she got cut out of the deal. Hmmmmmm
The plot thickens
Ataman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:19 PM   #11778
golfbum983
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,931
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I think you finally cracked the case Sherlock
golfbum983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:19 PM   #11779
persianpunisher
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,421
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataman View Post
Schizophrenic is the sense that he’s delusional. Let me put it this way, if a friend of mine invited me to a game with someone he knew was cheating, then I’d say he’s in on it. Maybe she was and went public after she got cut out of the deal. Hmmmmmm
The plot thickens
Knew is the operative word. She didn't KNOW. She THOUGHT he might be. Are you that dense?
persianpunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:24 PM   #11780
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persianpunisher View Post
Knew is the operative word. She didn't KNOW. She THOUGHT he might be. Are you that dense?
Is there any question? He's been spoon fed various explanations even a 5yr old can understand but keeps repeating what he's already said. Learning has not been achieved. Hence my description of mentally impaired is not an insult, but just an observation.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:48 PM   #11781
dhubermex
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 1,666
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Behind the Scenes of WIRED Magazine’s Mike Postle Scandal Deep Dive

https://www.pocketfives.com/articles...p-dive-632796/ (Lance Bradley - Sep 25, 2020)

dhubermex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:59 PM   #11782
Ataman
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spyutastic View Post
Is there any question? He's been spoon fed various explanations even a 5yr old can understand but keeps repeating what he's already said. Learning has not been achieved. Hence my description of mentally impaired is not an insult, but just an observation.
What is the origin of your obsession with me?
Ataman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:09 PM   #11783
Jay Why
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lundun
Posts: 946
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataman View Post
Schizophrenic is the sense that he’s delusional. Let me put it this way, if a friend of mine invited me to a game with someone he knew was cheating, then I’d say he’s in on it. Maybe she was and went public after she got cut out of the deal. Hmmmmmm
The plot thickens
I know there is freedom of speech, but a comment like this makes one regret people like you can say nonsense like this.

I hadn't seen Veronica interviewed since the story broke, at that stage she was very focussed and rational. I have just seen her new interview on Run it Once, and she is so angry and bitter, such a change in her, as obviously she has so much personal stuff going on in this case it is overwhelming, all the more so when the villains have got away with their crimes.

So before making amateur dramatic stupid suggestions like she was in on it (if you had any common sense you would realise if she was in on it and blew the whistle on her co-conspirators they would then implicate her, so for her own self protection she would not have blown the whistle if she had been involved) watch that Rin it Once interview and then still see if you think she was part of the plot.
Jay Why is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:13 PM   #11784
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataman View Post
What is the origin of your obsession with me?
Don't flatter yourself. You're mistaking obsession with simply calling out idiocy.

I'm not the only one doing it either, but for some reason you obsess over my call outs. So who really has the obsession here? hmmm the plot thickens.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:40 PM   #11785
YGOchamp
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,517
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

why do you guys keep replying, Ataman is clearly a troll lol
YGOchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:07 PM   #11786
madlex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 12,635
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Alrighty guys, please keep it civil in here so we don’t need the temp-ban hammer.

There’s no reason to get so worked up that you feel the need to keep repeating yourself over and over again or start personal attacks. Also a friendly reminder that if someone annoys you, this forum provides the option to put posters on an ignore list.
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:59 PM   #11787
AlanBostick
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AlanBostick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: twitch.tv/pokershaman59
Posts: 10,847
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
Also a friendly reminder that if someone annoys you, this forum provides the option to put posters on an ignore list.
Only to a point. No matter how much Mason annoys me, I am not allowed to ignore him.
AlanBostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:14 PM   #11788
madlex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 12,635
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBostick View Post
Only to a point. No matter how much Mason annoys me, I am not allowed to ignore him.
That's true. So you can ignore everyone that annoys you except for Mason and me. (and other mods/admins)
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:00 PM   #11789
Wilbury Twist
Pooh-Bah
 
Wilbury Twist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 4977 miles from Kells
Posts: 5,335
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spyutastic View Post
Don't flatter yourself. You're mistaking obsession with simply calling out idiocy.

I'm not the only one doing it either, but for some reason you obsess over my call outs. So who really has the obsession here? hmmm the plot thickens.
Yeah, it's really weird, especially since it feels like I've responded to more of his posts in this thread than anyone else. Seriously, I decided to become the "obsessed" one for about a half-hour and went looking through his brief history on this site.

As you are aware, he first accused you of following him "from thread to thread" early yesterday: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...ostcount=11720. I didn't even think much about it at the time, but I've since learned you two haven't cross paths much, and I never see any other instances when you reply to any of his posts in a demeaning manner.

KossuKukkula poked some fun at his obvious jokey claims of turning down an appearance on High Stakes Poker and his former involvement with Mi6. https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...&postcount=108

gobbledygeek described him as "trolling" a Bart Hanson thread: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...2&postcount=10

Oddly, I didn't find his activity in that Bart Hanson thread to be out of the ordinary, which makes me wonder if gobble used a different meaning of the verb "trolling" (like wandering around). Coincidentally, that Bart Hanson thread is one of the few other places where you both have posted, but again, you never respond to any of his posts: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...anson-1778067/.

Two of his other oft-visited threads are the Phil Nagy-Jonathan Little dispute and the Big Brother 22 discussion, and I don't see anyone responding negatively to anything there.

Meanwhile, no one commented at some opportunities in which they could have: he mentions how muscular he is (looking for advice on some shirts), that he packs heat and brags about being a great shot (oddly, this was in a low-stakes NL strategy forum). Not even responses to asking if Brad Booth was abducted by aliens.

I'm a little intrigued that he said English isn't his first language, and yet at other occasions he claims to be from Cleveland, uses a baseball metaphor in another post and even says "y'all." Sure, it's possible to be an American but claim a different first language, but it's quite rare.

Troll? Nah, I don't think so. A good number of his posts appear to be serious and genuine, regardless of whether or not we agree with him. Then there are strange posts, like the ones referenced above, or the time when he accused another poster of making fun of autism (despite no apparent cause for this concern). Maybe we're catching him at different times in his medication schedule, and your timing just happened to be unfortunate.

EDIT: TIL you can't ignore a mod. I never ignore anyone, but still a fun new fact for me.
Wilbury Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:22 PM   #11790
SuperSwag
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,379
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Why View Post
There is a mix of lots of things. Postle only played astonishingly successfully in streamed games, in non streamed games he was quite average, so it would not seem risky to invite him as they would all have thought of the overall play - some wins, some losses, and not seen the pattern of him always winning when the games were streamed.

So yes, they will have seen him as an action player, as he played such screwy hands, and wanted him in their games for the action, but not noticed he won consistently with the screwy hands.

Then there was the fact there was no hard evidence against him, just the sheer implausability of his streamed results, that no one had noticed.

People had got used to those streamed wins, commentators and players thinking with amusement or amazement he was some boy wonder at poker, "Postle always wins".

I remember a crime story I read, where the puzzle was who did the murder as no one had seen anyone at the house, then it turned out it was someone dressed up as a postman, as nobody paid any attention to such a common sight as a postman. Postle was like that, under the radar, friendly, sociable, not making enemies of the people he won from, so not surprising it took them so long to see there was something wrong.
pretty sure veronica and others called him a "crusher" in streamed and non streamed games stating "he always wins" I wish he'd just come out and explain how he cheated cause it's actually remarkable he got away with it. I'd like to know the details.
SuperSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:36 PM   #11791
golfnutt
banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,969
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwag View Post
I wish he'd just come out and explain how he cheated cause it's actually remarkable he got away with it.
Well, I don’t think he got away with too much actually. His name is trash and his ability to earn any money playing poker again is severely compromised.

He is a pathetic criminal mastermind. He should have purposefully spewed off $10k here and there to cover his tracks.

He probably got too caught up in the ‘God’ Postle act and couldn’t let it go.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:57 PM   #11792
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,379
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataman View Post
The plot thickens
When one person comes up with their own silly unfounded speculation, it doesn't mean the plot has thickened. It just means that one person came up with their own silly unfounded speculation.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:02 PM   #11793
Santzes
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chiang Mai kap
Posts: 407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
Well, I don’t think he got away with too much actually. His name is trash and his ability to earn any money playing poker again is severely compromised.
Second point is moot as he surely didn't have an ability to earn any money playing poker without the cheating in question.
Santzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:05 PM   #11794
Ataman
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
When one person comes up with their own silly unfounded speculation, it doesn't mean the plot has thickened. It just means that one person came up with their own silly unfounded speculation.
Isn’t that what this entire thread is, speculation? People speculate how they think Postle cheated. He hacked the live feed. Someone with access to the live feed sent him messages through a bone conductor, JFK was in on it, etc. yet no one has any real evidence. No eyewitness accounts, no confessions, no disposed of equipment, etc. So this entire thread is speculation.
And regarding the comment someone made about if she was a part of it, then later turned him in she’d be turning in herself essentially as a co-conspirator. Man, people do stupid stuff like that all the time.
Ataman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:08 PM   #11795
Ataman
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbury Twist View Post
Yeah, it's really weird, especially since it feels like I've responded to more of his posts in this thread than anyone else. Seriously, I decided to become the "obsessed" one for about a half-hour and went looking through his brief history on this site.

As you are aware, he first accused you of following him "from thread to thread" early yesterday: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...ostcount=11720. I didn't even think much about it at the time, but I've since learned you two haven't cross paths much, and I never see any other instances when you reply to any of his posts in a demeaning manner.

KossuKukkula poked some fun at his obvious jokey claims of turning down an appearance on High Stakes Poker and his former involvement with Mi6. https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...&postcount=108

gobbledygeek described him as "trolling" a Bart Hanson thread: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...2&postcount=10

Oddly, I didn't find his activity in that Bart Hanson thread to be out of the ordinary, which makes me wonder if gobble used a different meaning of the verb "trolling" (like wandering around). Coincidentally, that Bart Hanson thread is one of the few other places where you both have posted, but again, you never respond to any of his posts: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...anson-1778067/.

Two of his other oft-visited threads are the Phil Nagy-Jonathan Little dispute and the Big Brother 22 discussion, and I don't see anyone responding negatively to anything there.

Meanwhile, no one commented at some opportunities in which they could have: he mentions how muscular he is (looking for advice on some shirts), that he packs heat and brags about being a great shot (oddly, this was in a low-stakes NL strategy forum). Not even responses to asking if Brad Booth was abducted by aliens.

I'm a little intrigued that he said English isn't his first language, and yet at other occasions he claims to be from Cleveland, uses a baseball metaphor in another post and even says "y'all." Sure, it's possible to be an American but claim a different first language, but it's quite rare.

Troll? Nah, I don't think so. A good number of his posts appear to be serious and genuine, regardless of whether or not we agree with him. Then there are strange posts, like the ones referenced above, or the time when he accused another poster of making fun of autism (despite no apparent cause for this concern). Maybe we're catching him at different times in his medication schedule, and your timing just happened to be unfortunate.

EDIT: TIL you can't ignore a mod. I never ignore anyone, but still a fun new fact for me.
Man, how much time have you invested in stalking me? That really concerns me. I’m a nobody yet you scroll through all my posts and try to figure me out? Clearly you missed the posts in the Trueteller thread. Would give you an indication that I am originally from a Russian-speaking country. Yes, I currently live in Cleveland where I have lived for years.
Fortunately I do pick best with stalkers like you around. Jesus Christ!
Ataman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:39 PM   #11796
Wilbury Twist
Pooh-Bah
 
Wilbury Twist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 4977 miles from Kells
Posts: 5,335
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataman View Post
Man, how much time have you invested in stalking me? That really concerns me. I’m a nobody yet you scroll through all my posts and try to figure me out? Clearly you missed the posts in the Trueteller thread. Would give you an indication that I am originally from a Russian-speaking country. Yes, I currently live in Cleveland where I have lived for years.
Fortunately I do pick best with stalkers like you around. Jesus Christ!
Maybe 20 minutes? It was less than one episode of Silicon Valley. It helps that you've only been on the forums for less than a month. And yes, I saw the Russian stuff in the Ivey/Trueteller thread, but it could easily have been Google translate.

Anyway, hardly "stalking." More like basic, cursory research to either support or refute an assertion. (Don't want to be accused of cherry-picking, after all.)
In this case, the assertion was your claim that Spyutastic is following you from thread to thread. In the larger sense, I was also determining if you are, in fact, a troll. Which I don't believe you are, despite what a few others have said.
Wilbury Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 01:16 AM   #11797
OldManDecaf
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 338
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Man, how much time have you invested in stalking me? That really concerns me.
Nothing unusual in WT doing a little "due diligence" on you, or anybody else. All part of internet forum entertainment...which is ultimately why we are all here.

Some years back that sort of digging around uncovered a troll on 2+2, who had actually made mod status. (some would and still will disagree with the term troll in that instance, but that's just semantics).
OldManDecaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:46 AM   #11798
Ataman
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbury Twist View Post
Maybe 20 minutes? It was less than one episode of Silicon Valley. It helps that you've only been on the forums for less than a month. And yes, I saw the Russian stuff in the Ivey/Trueteller thread, but it could easily have been Google translate.

Anyway, hardly "stalking." More like basic, cursory research to either support or refute an assertion. (Don't want to be accused of cherry-picking, after all.)
In this case, the assertion was your claim that Spyutastic is following you from thread to thread. In the larger sense, I was also determining if you are, in fact, a troll. Which I don't believe you are, despite what a few others have said.
Thank you for vindicating me as a non troll. You may continue to stalk me.
Ataman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:46 AM   #11799
Ataman
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManDecaf View Post
Nothing unusual in WT doing a little "due diligence" on you, or anybody else. All part of internet forum entertainment...which is ultimately why we are all here.

Some years back that sort of digging around uncovered a troll on 2+2, who had actually made mod status. (some would and still will disagree with the term troll in that instance, but that's just semantics).
Who was that?
Ataman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:42 AM   #11800
johnnyfry2
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 171
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I don't know if this guy cheated or not, but if he did, he, his accomplices, and their DNA are filth as far as I concerned.

Veronica Brill had the courage and integrity to speak out, not just for the good of that game, but for the good of THE game. Courage is the most virtuous of characteristics, in a world with so many worms and cowards.

I've met some good people at the tables and of course, the obvious dirtbags and pond scum. Many of them even pretending to be the "Good Guys". Anyone who is critical of her is probably not the type you want beside you in a FoxHole.
johnnyfry2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive