Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2020, 12:35 PM   #11726
brett ho
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Defending Mike is all the proof you need that Justin was his accomplice. Being a tournament director who knows poker, he should easy conclude that Mike cheated by watching the videos. If you want to really scare Justin, right a letter to the Irs saying there may be an extra $100,000 laying in someones safety deposit box. If you want actual proof, get a copy of Mikes tax return and see if the whole $250,000 was reported.
brett ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #11727
rsamuels
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 7
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

The reason why so many criminals are caught for tax evasion is that they are good at covering their tracks and surrounding themselves with supporters. I hope someone with knowledge of Postle's use of Stone's workers to cash him out to avoid taxes will come forward and report him to the IRS. I think they can look back for five years, so Bart Hanson or Veronica should at least report what they know. This is a better use of our time than trying to calculate his exact winnings or improbable plays.
rsamuels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:49 PM   #11728
EternalRaise
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 39
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsamuels View Post
I think they can look back for five years, so Bart Hanson or Veronica should at least report what they know.
Yes. If they don't then it's just public stunt.
EternalRaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #11729
AngusThermopyle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AngusThermopyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 乱
Posts: 14,927
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsamuels View Post


I hope someone with knowledge of Postle's use of Stone's workers to cash him out to avoid taxes will come forward and report him to the IRS. I think they can look back for five years, so Bart Hanson or Veronica should at least report what they know.



So, get some minimum wage workers on the hook for a federal offense?
AngusThermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:59 PM   #11730
EternalRaise
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 39
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusThermopyle View Post
So, get some minimum wage workers on the hook for a federal offense?
Information is out there already. Now innocent minimum wage workers are in hook because of these accusations. Can easily affect their abiility to get a job.
EternalRaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:08 PM   #11731
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,598
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfferine View Post
Article posted a few pages back

He also talked about you still inviting Mike to your personal games…

Justin assured me that a company was coming in to check the servers and to make sure that the security was good. But I saw no evidence of that. He kept reassuring me that there was absolutely no cheating going on and I trusted him.

He also spent a lot of his free time gaslighting me, swearing that there is nothing going on. Saying that if there is cheating he would quit. Telling me how good of a guy Mike is, and how I am wrong.

I believed him! So did Kasey! Justin wanted me to put Mike in my game. Do you know how much I doubted myself after talking to him? And how much I trusted him? I would never in a million years have believed that he could be helping Mike.

But I was wrong.

He was helping him the entire time. It’s why he kicked out Roger Bailey from managing it, it’s why he had the head of I.T. kicked out of managing the tech booth. He wanted full control.
This is a nice pull from the article but it really doesn’t answer the question. Sure, jfk was “gaslighting” her but why did she continue to take the affirmative step of inviting a suspected cheater to her game? She could have not had enough seats for him or some other excuse to not allow him in her private game but did not. Why?

I’m sure it’s analogous to a recent conversation about getting in a car with someone you know was drinking. Sure it was late, you were far and you did not think he drank that much (he was good action, funny, drew viewers).....but you still can’t provide a “good reason” you got into the car with a drunk driver.
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #11732
Former DJ
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 1,347
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLIKITYPLAK View Post
Mike, imagine if you were smart enough to lose once in a while when cheating and not make it so obvious? (and no I am not talking about -$30 here or -$200 there, I am talking about dropping 2Gs every few sessions) You're life would be a whole lot better right now.
PLIKITYPLAK:

This is the reason why most cheats (eventually) get caught: They get greedy. They start off stealing small amounts. As they continue getting away with it, their confidence grows. They convince themselves they are invincible and their victims are too stupid to figure it out. (If they're somebody like Mike Postle, they probably think they're brilliant.) Once they get away with it once or twice, they increase the amount (and frequency) of their thieving - until they are caught.

If their thievery is truly large and spectacular - and/or there is a violent crime involved in the attempted coverup - we get to witness their downfall in an episode of CNBC's "American Greed".

It will be truly ironic if Stones and Postle escape relatively unscathed for the crime of cheating and theft only to wind up getting nailed by the Government for structuring.
Former DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #11733
rsamuels
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 7
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Who wants to file the report? Here is the form:
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/how-...fraud-activity
rsamuels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:04 PM   #11734
AngusThermopyle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AngusThermopyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 乱
Posts: 14,927
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsamuels View Post
Who wants to file the report? Here is the form:

Dear IRS:


Mr X, address unknown, SSN unknown, might have structured some cashouts on dates uncertain for amounts uncertain which might mean he underreported his winnings by amount unknown.



Thank you
AngusThermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:28 PM   #11735
Former DJ
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 1,347
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsamuels View Post
The reason why so many criminals are caught for tax evasion is that they are good at covering their tracks and surrounding themselves with supporters. I hope someone with knowledge of Postle's use of Stone's workers to cash him out to avoid taxes will come forward and report him to the IRS. I think they can look back for five years, so Bart Hanson or Veronica should at least report what they know. This is a better use of our time than trying to calculate his exact winnings or improbable plays.
rsamuels:

I'm not positive about this, but I believe the IRS offers a reward - a percentage of any recovery - to individual(s) who report a suspected tax evader. If the IRS investigates and determines that MP failed to report a significant portion of his "earnings," Veronica - or one of Stones "minimum wage" unwitting accomplices might net a tidy reward. (Has Bart or Joey or any of the others who have reviewed Postle's hand histories come up with a ballpark estimate as to just how much money MP stole? If the amount is in the hundreds-of-thousands to a $million$ ballpark and Postle structured - and failed to report - 90 percent of that; an informant might wind up with a nice check - and a letter of "Thanks" - from the IRS.
Former DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #11736
pocket_zeros
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,533
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

IRS.gov: How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

"We don't take tax law violation referrals over the phone. Use Form 3949-A, Information Referral PDF if you suspect an individual or a business is not complying with the tax laws. Don’t use this form if you want to report a tax preparer or an abusive tax scheme. We will keep your identity confidential when you file a tax fraud report. You won’t receive a status or progress update due to tax return confidentiality under IRC 6103. To claim a reward for information about tax fraud, use Form 211, Application for Award for Original Information"

Link to 3949-A form: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf
pocket_zeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:07 PM   #11737
PLIKITYPLAK
veteran
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,512
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataman View Post
So she suspects him of cheating, of essentially stealing money from people, and invites him to steal more money from her and her friends and this is irrelvant?
Yes, because his cheating is obvious to anyone looking back at the feeds. All Amy did was bring attention to it, the rest of us came up with the insurmountable evidence. Other then bringing it to our attention, anything alleged against Amy is irrelevant to the fact that MP did cheat.
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:11 PM   #11738
PLIKITYPLAK
veteran
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,512
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataman View Post
Pro tip: When you think someone is cheating and stealilng from you, you don't make it easier for them to keep doing it.
Again, irrelevant to the fact on whether MP actually cheated or not since we now can all see that he did. You can't twist hard video evidence like you can twist Amy's actions. Sorry
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:13 PM   #11739
PLIKITYPLAK
veteran
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,512
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjou812 View Post
$600 into a pot of $760 is a small bet? What would have been a big bet?
You're right, that makes it even more suspicious. Why bet that large there with the stone cold nuts? MC made a great play to hide her hand. Little did she know that MP had already seen it.
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:19 PM   #11740
chuckamuck
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 346
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjou812 View Post
$600 into a pot of $760 is a small bet? What would have been a big bet?
Apologies I phrased this incorrectly. It's not a small bet for the pot size. However, it's a perfectly sized bet to call for a lagfish with a hand that looks VERY live when you only know your own hand...
chuckamuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:09 PM   #11741
wheelflush
veteran
 
wheelflush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: maggie's farm
Posts: 2,286
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted1337 View Post
without the cheating device, the dude was fish out of water
heck i would invite him to my game anytime, even right now
i'd love to get him in my home game. justin too.
wheelflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:24 PM   #11742
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,598
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLIKITYPLAK View Post
You're right, that makes it even more suspicious. Why bet that large there with the stone cold nuts? MC made a great play to hide her hand. Little did she know that MP had already seen it.
Lol, yeah, great amateur play. Worthy of its own lawsuit.
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:46 PM   #11743
Wilbury Twist
Pooh-Bah
 
Wilbury Twist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 4977 miles from Kells
Posts: 5,337
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataman View Post
1. English is not my first language.
2. She continued to invite him long after she not only suspected, but believed he was cheating.
3. Do we know for sure she quit and wasn't fired?
1. Then you're actually pretty good at it.

2. After she suspected, yes, and this has been covered already. After she was convinced about the cheating, I'd say not. The session in which she clearly makes up her mind took place on September 19, 2019 (a link posted above). It's a little more than a week later that she gets the ball rolling with her Tweet and her video compilation.

Between that Sept. 19 stream and her going public with her suspicions, there are no more Veronica & Friends games. In fact, there are only three Stones Live cash games subsequent to that pivotal moment: a $1/2/3 on Sept. 23, a $5/5 on Sept. 25, and a brief $1/3 on Sept. 30. Postle is not in any of those games, at least from what I see.

3. I can't speak about the nature of Veronica's business relationship with Stones Live, but it's not like this was her full-time profession. So your question should have (at best) minor relevance to the allegations.
Wilbury Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:38 PM   #11744
Ataman
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbury Twist View Post
1. Then you're actually pretty good at it.

2. After she suspected, yes, and this has been covered already. After she was convinced about the cheating, I'd say not. The session in which she clearly makes up her mind took place on September 19, 2019 (a link posted above). It's a little more than a week later that she gets the ball rolling with her Tweet and her video compilation.

Between that Sept. 19 stream and her going public with her suspicions, there are no more Veronica & Friends games. In fact, there are only three Stones Live cash games subsequent to that pivotal moment: a $1/2/3 on Sept. 23, a $5/5 on Sept. 25, and a brief $1/3 on Sept. 30. Postle is not in any of those games, at least from what I see.

3. I can't speak about the nature of Veronica's business relationship with Stones Live, but it's not like this was her full-time profession. So your question should have (at best) minor relevance to the allegations.
Regarding number 3, it is relevant. If they fired her, she would have incentive to make Stones look bad out of spite.
I just find it odd that she believes a guy is swindling her and her friends, yet voluntarily continues to help him do it by inviting him to her game for months after. Something just doesn’t add up.

And this whole, “Justin gaslighted me” doesn’t add up either. You’re smart enough to figure out the guy is cheating but fall for Justin duping you? A guy who is clearly not very intelligent. I don’t buy the babe in the woods routine.
Ataman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:51 PM   #11745
pocket_zeros
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,533
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataman View Post
Regarding number 3, it is relevant. If they fired her, she would have incentive to make Stones look bad out of spite.
I just find it odd that she believes a guy is swindling her and her friends, yet voluntarily continues to help him do it by inviting him to her game for months after. Something just doesn’t add up.

And this whole, “Justin gaslighted me” doesn’t add up either. You’re smart enough to figure out the guy is cheating but fall for Justin duping you? A guy who is clearly not very intelligent. I don’t buy the babe in the woods routine.
Ever have a girlfriend who over a period of time said or did some shitty things to you, until one day you decided enough is enough and you ended the relationship? If so, why did you end the relationship on shitty thing #47 instead of #46? Or #35? Or #1?
pocket_zeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:52 PM   #11746
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,933
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Not sure if this was mentioned before.

Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It's Not Just An Innocence Film

https://www.pokertube.com/article/mi...innocence-film

parisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:55 PM   #11747
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,342
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

If docu maker has a brain he skips people like Shaun Deeb tbh (no offense, I love Deeb, but he doesn't have the mainstream pull). Docu can probably get real top names to talk about it:

Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:48 PM   #11748
golfnutt
banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,969
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I will wager we will never see him play poker again. He can’t. He will either getting crushed playing that strategy or he will revert back to playing solid poker and it will be obvious he cheated. He won’t be folding pocket Kings pre-flop.

There really much to say anymore. We all know. You have to be a serious troll to even try to defend him. Now the thread has devolved into personal attacks.

I seriously can’t imagine sitting at a poker table again. I don’t imagine anyone would be quiet about it. Or thinking when he checks his phone or touches his hat.

Maybe he will try to play again. Only way he can ever clear his name.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:12 PM   #11749
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,933
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

parisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:12 PM   #11750
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 1,180
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Lets get Mike on LATB with Garrett and Dan Zack and Art. Should be easy
ejames209 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive