Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2020, 04:35 AM   #11626
dude45
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 854
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Its not just about money won. Joey ingram not sure if i spelled that correctly but anyway he a did vid on pre god mode postle versus god mode postle. God mode postle literally never bluffs into the nuts. Or really makes any calling or folding errors at all for that matter If he were not cheating even if he were the best player on earth he would bluff into a person with a nut flush or str8 or whatever once in awhile.
dude45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:39 AM   #11627
SharkAccount
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Israel
Posts: 14
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Good morning everyone,

Please allow me to say a few words.
I'm a person who started to play NLH cash in 2003 and I have been losing money every month since then. I know I'm a fish, but I enjoy the game anyways so that is why I have played for so many years.

That being said, I would like to say a few things from the perspective of a bad poker player, a fish.

#1 hand AKo, AKo and 45o
Sometimes I'm just in a gambling mode or tilt or any other thoughts at the moment at the table (live or online) and I can certainly see myself going with the 45o here. I have done it many times and will most probably do it again lol

#2 KK vs AA preflop
I have folded KK preflop a few times (I'm a fish remember)
Sometimes when you 4bet KK and get 5bet, what happens in your stomach when you are a player like me who knows close to nothing is you just feel sick. You say in your head, f*ck how can he not have AA. Sounds now listening to Bart Hanson I should never fold so I will think about that next time I get to the same situation

#3 A9o vs A3s on J4246 no flush
I completely understand that the river play looks dumb.
Bart Hanson is saying "he only has $1500 left"
It is easy to say things about money, hard though to know what that means in a specific time/situation for another player.
I'm not justifying this hand, just putting out thoughts I have when I've been in situations like this

#4 QJo, QJo, 94o
Damn, how many times have a decided to play 94o OOP in MW pots saying to myself, either I flop it or I just gonna f*cking out play them. Funny a fish is telling himself to outplay others lol. It's important to tell you though that stuff like that happens and most of the times it's because previous hands that happened etc.
FLOP: J92 with FD
In my head: "many draws out there like all kinds of FDs and str8 draws, my 9 can be good and if not .... plan B
OTR, just like Bart Hanson said himself, blast the river just like he was waiting for a scare card. Exactly! Like I said in the begging about outplaying the other players. As a fish we are doing it wrongly but that is how we do it though.

#5 AQdd vs T8dd board 9dJd7c7d8s
"Impossible for you to be scared of a full house here" you say Bart Hanson, huh? Every time I see a paired board for some reason I'm ALWAYS scared. Maybe in my case because I've also played some PLO so ...
OTF I've seen many times players not betting with sets just because there is a FD and also a str8, we fishes want to see a safe card OTT. Again, we are fishes remember who don't know the correct play here OTF.
OTR I find myself thinking I only beat a bluff

#6 88 vs TT board 994T8
Honestly if I didn't see the cards of the player with TT I would put him on T9 when we get to the river.
Why? Firstly he only called preflop. Then OTF he only calls and obviously he wouldn't raise me OTF with a 9, right? If he had a 9 he doesn't want to scare me away. Again OTT if he had T9 he would only call me, right? Not to scare away the fish. OTR it gets funny hearing Bart Hanson saying 100 out of 100 players gonna check raise the river. Well, sounds like that is incorrect. OTR I think in my head that no better hand will fold to a raise and no worse hand will call me, so I call

That was the 1st 20min out of the 60min YouTube from Bart Hanson and what I'm saying is this.

Either Mike is a cheating player or he is a fish just like me.

Much Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Malmuth View Post
Hi Dreamer:

Let me use your post to make a couple of comments.

While people such as Phil Galfond and Bart Hansen are certainly highly capable, convincing poker players who understand how poker is played is a lot different than convincing people on a jury, who at best know little about poker, that there was a problem here. That is this should be a much tougher nut to crack. The question will be whether Galfond (or Hansen) can break things down to a simple enough level that non-poker players will understand what actually happened. In my opinion this is a tough task and while someone like Phil is certainly very capable, it won't be easy.

Also, the idea that Postle made plays several standard deviations out is probably the wrong approach. All Postle has to say, given all these poker shows, is that someone has to be the luckiest. If this last statement isn't true, then every major lottery winner should go to jail.

So, what needs to be shown is not that he was x number of standard deviations away from the mean but that his results are somehow beyond what a very lucky person would show. And this is where a Phil Galfond type person can come in. Now, instead of looking at how unlikely a certain event was from a probability standpoint, he might be able to show illogical patterns in how the hands were played in many places. Again, this will be much more difficult to do and the explanation would need to be clear to non-poker players.

Best wishes,
Mason
SharkAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:47 AM   #11628
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,331
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

SharkAccount, everything you're saying is correct and makes sense. Postle does play like yourself, a "losing fish player".

But he doesn't lose. He massively crushes. Everyone. That's the whole thing: His "poker strategy" is that of a -200bb/100 whale - but he CRUSHES everyone instead. Over a big sample. That's not a thing in the real world. Unless he's cheating. He's cheating.
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:40 AM   #11629
BUSB0Y
banned
 
BUSB0Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 115
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkAccount View Post
Good morning everyone,

Please allow me to say a few words.
I'm a person who started to play NLH cash in 2003 and I have been losing money every month since then. I know I'm a fish, but I enjoy the game anyways so that is why I have played for so many years.

That being said, I would like to say a few things from the perspective of a bad poker player, a fish.

#1 hand AKo, AKo and 45o
Sometimes I'm just in a gambling mode or tilt or any other thoughts at the moment at the table (live or online) and I can certainly see myself going with the 45o here. I have done it many times and will most probably do it again lol

#2 KK vs AA preflop
I have folded KK preflop a few times (I'm a fish remember)
Sometimes when you 4bet KK and get 5bet, what happens in your stomach when you are a player like me who knows close to nothing is you just feel sick. You say in your head, f*ck how can he not have AA. Sounds now listening to Bart Hanson I should never fold so I will think about that next time I get to the same situation

#3 A9o vs A3s on J4246 no flush
I completely understand that the river play looks dumb.
Bart Hanson is saying "he only has $1500 left"
It is easy to say things about money, hard though to know what that means in a specific time/situation for another player.
I'm not justifying this hand, just putting out thoughts I have when I've been in situations like this

#4 QJo, QJo, 94o
Damn, how many times have a decided to play 94o OOP in MW pots saying to myself, either I flop it or I just gonna f*cking out play them. Funny a fish is telling himself to outplay others lol. It's important to tell you though that stuff like that happens and most of the times it's because previous hands that happened etc.
FLOP: J92 with FD
In my head: "many draws out there like all kinds of FDs and str8 draws, my 9 can be good and if not .... plan B
OTR, just like Bart Hanson said himself, blast the river just like he was waiting for a scare card. Exactly! Like I said in the begging about outplaying the other players. As a fish we are doing it wrongly but that is how we do it though.

#5 AQdd vs T8dd board 9dJd7c7d8s
"Impossible for you to be scared of a full house here" you say Bart Hanson, huh? Every time I see a paired board for some reason I'm ALWAYS scared. Maybe in my case because I've also played some PLO so ...
OTF I've seen many times players not betting with sets just because there is a FD and also a str8, we fishes want to see a safe card OTT. Again, we are fishes remember who don't know the correct play here OTF.
OTR I find myself thinking I only beat a bluff

#6 88 vs TT board 994T8
Honestly if I didn't see the cards of the player with TT I would put him on T9 when we get to the river.
Why? Firstly he only called preflop. Then OTF he only calls and obviously he wouldn't raise me OTF with a 9, right? If he had a 9 he doesn't want to scare me away. Again OTT if he had T9 he would only call me, right? Not to scare away the fish. OTR it gets funny hearing Bart Hanson saying 100 out of 100 players gonna check raise the river. Well, sounds like that is incorrect. OTR I think in my head that no better hand will fold to a raise and no worse hand will call me, so I call

That was the 1st 20min out of the 60min YouTube from Bart Hanson and what I'm saying is this.

Either Mike is a cheating player or he is a fish just like me.

Much Love
Well thanks for letting me know your kind still exists.
BUSB0Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:55 AM   #11630
fragglerock45
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 578
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://www.wired.com/story/stones-p...79e_popular4-1

Solid article by Wired on the whole saga - nice overview.
fragglerock45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:13 AM   #11631
treetop21
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 162
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Whilst the efforts of Hansen and Galfond are obviously appreciated, this thing is over. Even if Postle ended up in court, as discussed no jury made up of non poker players will be able to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. The only people going to be convinced by an intricate analysis of his hand history are players, the vast majority of whom already know he is guilty.
Its sad but Postle gets added to the list of cheaters who will never face punishment. As for Justin, he was either in on the scam, or the most incompetent TD of all time. He also appears to be delusional and in the midst of a nervous breakdown. Both will forever be scum in the eyes of community.
treetop21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #11632
Ataman
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetop21 View Post
Whilst the efforts of Hansen and Galfond are obviously appreciated, this thing is over. Even if Postle ended up in court, as discussed no jury made up of non poker players will be able to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. The only people going to be convinced by an intricate analysis of his hand history are players, the vast majority of whom already know he is guilty.
Its sad but Postle gets added to the list of cheaters who will never face punishment. As for Justin, he was either in on the scam, or the most incompetent TD of all time. He also appears to be delusional and in the midst of a nervous breakdown. Both will forever be scum in the eyes of community.
In this case there is no proof, however, that he cheated.
Take the Casey Anthony case. In the end the jury was unable to convict Casey Anthony of whacking her daughter because they couldn’t even determine the cause of death. Something similar is occurring here. There is no evidence of cheating. It’s all speculation. As certain as I am that Casey Anthony offed her kid, I believe Postle cheated. But until someone comes forward as admits to being his inside guy, or his phone records reveal damning evidence of a connection with the live stream or an insider texting him what the other players’ hands are, or we get none conducting headphones with his DNA on them, it’s hard to prove a crime was committed without evidence of the manner in which it was committed.
The poker community itself will have to police this by not allowing him to play, etc.
Ataman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:28 AM   #11633
prairiebreeze
Pooh-Bah
 
prairiebreeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Saskatchewan. Don't @ me.
Posts: 3,560
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetop21 View Post
Whilst the efforts of Hansen and Galfond are obviously appreciated, this thing is over. Even if Postle ended up in court, as discussed no jury made up of non poker players will be able to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. The only people going to be convinced by an intricate analysis of his hand history are players, the vast majority of whom already know he is guilty.
Its sad but Postle gets added to the list of cheaters who will never face punishment. As for Justin, he was either in on the scam, or the most incompetent TD of all time. He also appears to be delusional and in the midst of a nervous breakdown. Both will forever be scum in the eyes of community.

I’d be 100% ok with:

1. Postle being so “scarlet lettered” by this that he can’t ever sit in a poker room again
2. Justin never being able to get another poker job anywhere in the world other than Stones. Anyone willing to make a video spiking the football on a guy who was on his deathbed to try to exonerate his boy Postle is a level of scumbaggery that deserves more punishment than it will yield.
3. The players in Sacramento turning their backs on Stones, leading to closure (I’m sure another entity could open a new club to employ the displaced dealers and pick up the business)

The poker community banding together to get rid of these dirtbags is the best result for the game, near and long term.
prairiebreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #11634
namisgr11
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,342
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetop21 View Post
Whilst the efforts of Hansen and Galfond are obviously appreciated, this thing is over.
It's not over in the court of public opinion. Especially when defendent Stones and an employee responsible for their live streamed game are making public statements and taunting plaintiffs.

For that reason, contributions from some of the best in the analytics of the game will continue to be valuable. Sometimes, informed public opinion settles a dispute in a way that the courts either do not or cannot.
namisgr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:08 PM   #11635
pocket_zeros
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,530
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataman View Post
In this case there is no proof, however, that he cheated.
Take the Casey Anthony case. In the end the jury was unable to convict Casey Anthony of whacking her daughter because they couldn’t even determine the cause of death. Something similar is occurring here. There is no evidence of cheating. It’s all speculation. As certain as I am that Casey Anthony offed her kid, I believe Postle cheated. But until someone comes forward as admits to being his inside guy, or his phone records reveal damning evidence of a connection with the live stream or an insider texting him what the other players’ hands are, or we get none conducting headphones with his DNA on them, it’s hard to prove a crime was committed without evidence of the manner in which it was committed.
The poker community itself will have to police this by not allowing him to play, etc.
People are convicted on circumstantial evidence alone every day. The fact there have been cases where circumstantial evidence wasn't enough to obtain a conviction doesn't negate that.
pocket_zeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:29 PM   #11636
BackingDonk
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 311
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshanti View Post
The fellas he played against were dupes. They deserved what they got.
Sounds like you are a lot of fun at parties, assuming you ever get invited to any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post
Hard to believe you're around 70 years old and still act like this.

What is wrong with you?

We are trying to deal with a cheating scandal here, and nobody has time for the petty grudges of a bitter curmudgeon.

Please stop hijacking this thread with nonsense.
Doesn't seem to me that what Mason posted was petty at all. Why bring age into it? Why call him names?

What is wrong with you?

-BD
BackingDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #11637
Nitchka'sDad
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 665
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataman View Post
In this case there is no proof, however, that he cheated.
Take the Casey Anthony case. In the end the jury was unable to convict Casey Anthony of whacking her daughter because they couldn’t even determine the cause of death. Something similar is occurring here. There is no evidence of cheating. It’s all speculation. As certain as I am that Casey Anthony offed her kid, I believe Postle cheated. But until someone comes forward as admits to being his inside guy, or his phone records reveal damning evidence of a connection with the live stream or an insider texting him what the other players’ hands are, or we get none conducting headphones with his DNA on them, it’s hard to prove a crime was committed without evidence of the manner in which it was committed.
The poker community itself will have to police this by not allowing him to play, etc.
Ahh, no. You are confusing your terms. Proof is factual evidence that establishes the truth of something. There is ample proof that intentional cheating occurred.

What is lacking is a specific type of hard, physical evidence that some people believe - quite inaccurately - is necessary to positively determine guilt or innocence, but that is not the case.
Nitchka'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:01 PM   #11638
dhubermex
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 1,666
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

dhubermex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:38 PM   #11639
deuceblocker
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,263
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by namisgr11 View Post
It's not over in the court of public opinion. Especially when defendent Stones and an employee responsible for their live streamed game are making public statements and taunting plaintiffs.
.
Is Stones making comments taunting the plaintiffs, or just Justin?
deuceblocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:49 PM   #11640
tgiggity
Pooh-Bah
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5,573
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth_floyd View Post
The other gigantic red flag is that Postle not only never took his god-like poker stills to any other casinos, but not even any other games at Stones itself. So you have a guy with an unbelievable win rate, making unbelievable plays only in one game that happens to be broadcast using RFID cards.
Mike did play in the regular/non-streamed Stones games, at least up until he started cheating on stream (at which point, as far as I remember, he began only playing on stream and leaving immediately when the stream ended)

I played with Mike a couple times at Stones before the cheating started. He was not a good player. After playing with him once and seeing him a second time, I distinctly remember wanting to get a seat at his table. He VPIPed 40%+ and generally played pretty passively post flop, with the occasional blast off bluff. His play style and winrate immediately changed when the stream began.
tgiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #11641
'-'_@_
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spyutastic View Post
I think the easiest analogy(which I have used several times to explain to people who don't play poker) is that of chess.

Imagine some guy you've kind of seen around on the chess scene for years floating at like a 1400-1600 rating overnight starts winning tournaments that are held at a certain venue. Before each decision he looks into his lap.(What's in his lap is a mystery.)

He goes on to win every tournament in the next 3 months beating all comers even several highly ranked GMs. Often times taking unorthodox lines that no human expert would think to use. He is never able to replicate these results in any other setting.

When asked to break down his lines and thinking at several points in various games his answers remain vague and demonstrate he has not the slightest deep knowledge of the game.

However he maintains his innocence and cries out that there's no proof he cheated and people are just jealous, since no one can prove how he cheated. Several players of the chess community took him to court and the case was thrown out on some technicality with the evidence never having been reviewed.

The tournament director and the chess "master" do victory dances saying there was no cheating because the courts said so. Instead of continuing to play and prove the doubters wrong, the chess "master" decides to quit the game forever.
How do you think a lawsuit against chess cheater will play out? What do you think about Barry bonds' incredible offensive statistics in the early 'aughts? Yes, poker is the same story. The courts are never going to get involved, criminal or civil. That's what the venue and gaming commissions are for.
'-'_@_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #11642
deuceblocker
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,263
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgiggity View Post
Mike did play in the regular/non-streamed Stones games, at least up until he started cheating on stream (at which point, as far as I remember, he began only playing on stream and leaving immediately when the stream ended)

I played with Mike a couple times at Stones before the cheating started. He was not a good player. After playing with him once and seeing him a second time, I distinctly remember wanting to get a seat at his table. He VPIPed 40%+ and generally played pretty passively post flop, with the occasional blast off bluff. His play style and winrate immediately changed when the stream began.
That's sort of the way he played in the stream, seeing the flop with all sort of junk hands.

It makes you wonder how he played professionally for 15 or so years, unless he was doing other cheating.
deuceblocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:53 PM   #11643
Dreamer
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 476
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhubermex View Post
Dear Cheaters

You could have stayed quiet but by being brazen and indignant in the face of all the facts you have angered people enough to go back through the mountains of evidence.
I'm guessing the odds they find new evidence is non-zero.

Nobody said criminals were smart.

I was reading a thread the other day where every profession gave away their biggest secrets.
One lawyer said the biggest secret in the legal world is to STFU....
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:07 PM   #11644
AngusThermopyle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AngusThermopyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 乱
Posts: 14,926
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post


I'm guessing the odds they find new evidence is non-zero.


And that new evidence is going to do what?


Get the pro-Postles to change their mind?


Get the pro-Postles to stop trolling?


Make an impression on a poker room manager that doesn't go on 2+2 or Twitter?
AngusThermopyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:06 PM   #11645
Former DJ
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 1,347
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetop21 View Post
Thanks for posting this. Its a great read for anyone who is yet to do so.

Veronica I know you read this, I'm sure we can arrange a crowdfunding plan amongst the poker community in the event that Postle brings a suit against you. I would be happy to chip in.
treetop21:

With the usual proviso that I am not a lawyer, it would seem unlikely that Postle would be stupid enough to sue Veronica. (He may huff, puff and bluff in threatening tones, but actually going through with it is a different matter.)

First, Postle would have to find a lawyer who agrees to represent him. (If Postle is stupid enough to file a civil lawsuit acting as his own attorney, he will truly have a fool for a client.) If Postle actually files suit against Veronica, she'll have little to fear as she won't be up against a giant of the legal profession.

Assuming he does retain an attorney, he'll have trouble paying his lawyer as he no longer has the benefit of raising money by playing in a crooked card game. (I doubt if any lawyer will agree to represent Postle on a contingency fee basis as the lawyer's chances of receiving a favorable ruling from a jury are slim and none. Lawyers don't work for free - and tend to shy away from cases with a low probability of paying off.)

If Postle is stupid enough to file suit against Veronica, she won't have trouble retaining an attorney as I (along with you) will be only too happy to chip in and help pay for her legal representation.

The most compelling reason why Postle won't sue is because he will almost certainly face a countersuit - which Veronica would have a high percentage chance of winning. (This is another reason why Postle will have trouble finding a lawyer willing to take his case. After reviewing the facts and weighing the pros and cons, a prospective [Postle] lawyer will quickly realize that a hard-to-shake countersuit is a virtual certainty.) Assuming Veronica wins a countersuit, she could win a judgment against all of MP's future earnings.

The end result of Postle attempting to sue Veronica for "ruining his reputation" is that he winds up declaring bankruptcy. Of course, over his lifetime Postle has not shown a proclivity for avoiding stupid decisions - such as thinking he can cheat people and get away with it - so who really knows? He might sue Veronica just to prove how truly stupid he really is.

Last edited by Former DJ; 09-22-2020 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Corrected a minor typo and poured on a little more sarcasm.
Former DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:31 PM   #11646
Former DJ
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 1,347
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
Its so bizarre that instead of Justin saying he didn't know what was going on he is spending vast resources trying to "prove" Postle was innocent.

Whoever told you this was a good idea is an idiot.

Its just going to make people angry who will then work harder to find stuff against you.

Well done you.
Dreamer:

There's been a lot of debate as to whether or not JFK was a participant in the cheating - in effect a co-cheater - or whether he was simply too incompetent (and clueless) to comprehend what was going on. (I come down in the former rather than the latter camp. The "evidence" as such tends to suggest it is more likely that JFK was an enabler - if not an outright participant - in Postle's cheating.)

If Kuraitis was in on the scam, it makes perfect sense that he would be defending Postle to the hilt. Once the mander began hitting the fan, it wouldn't surprise me if Postle blackmailed/threatened JFK telling him something like: "We're both in this together. If I go down, you go down with me!" Given that kind of ultimatum, Justin would have no choice but to back Postle to the nth degree. (If there was a "falling out" among thieves and Postle ratted out JFK as a co-cheater, Stones would have had to fire him. His chances of finding a job elsewhere in the gaming industry would be slim and none.)

Last edited by Former DJ; 09-22-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Former DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:21 PM   #11647
MJ_Syd_Aus
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 64
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Justin on Twitter today: "@Justinkuraitis: Hey @PhilGalfond please start with these 3 sessions.

PokerHeroes@PokerHeroes1 · Sep 14
Hey @Joeingram1 here's @Gumpnstein1 top 3 biggest @Mike_Postle errors

3/23/19
Gump +$5900
Actual -$1800
Diff -$7700"


(2 other streams are noted in the tweet, but I looked at the biggest discrepancy stream.) Starting Stack of $1.5k to End Stack of $7.4k (perhaps) lead Gump to a quick $5.9k profit. This is incorrect.

I should leave the sleuthing to the proper poker/tech nerds out there, but I did an hour and found 3/23/19's stream on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i000gfyuNFw

Here's how things played out (I didn't review every hand - Stones does a good job of posting the chip counts every 4-5 minutes, so I just looked for jumps / changes):

24:20: $1.5k Chip Count as Stones Live begins
38:47: $1.4k Chip Count
48:00: MP buys in for another $1k (You can see MP count 10x $100 bills), $2k Chip Count in next hand.
50:02: $1.9k Chip Count after folding post flop

50:48: $2.5k Chip Count (WHERE DOES this $600 come from, very next hand MP is under the gun and stack goes from $1.9k to $2.4k as dealer deals?)

1:03: Chip Count has him down to $410 (MP loses AK v 3h4h all in preflop), but this is incorrect - they ran it twice, and it was a chop. No add on, same chip stack which is corrected at 1:04:52.

1:07:41: $2.4k (corrected count)
1:12:30: $2.4k
1;16:47: $3.7k Chip Count, after winning a $2.2k pot
1:26:19: $4.1k Chip Count
1:32:44: $6.6K Chip Count, nut straight big pot
2:23:37: $6k Chip Count
2:34:44: $6.2k Chip Count
3:14:30: $6.2k Chip Count

3:32: Lost a HUGE all in (PLO Bomb Pot MP hits holding 668T on a 68K rainbow board, 3 all ins, open ender hits on river) CHIP COUNT $1.1k (Visibly pulls out a wad of bills to add on)

3:34:54: $1.1k Chip Count (add on of estimated $3.1k added to stack)
3:36:27: $4.2k Chip Count in SB with add on
3:46:51: $5k Chip Count
4:01:04: $4.8k Chip Count
4:08:12: $4.9k Chip Count (after winning 255 pot)
4:10:15: $4.7k Chip Count (loses a little with 88 vs AQ that hit)
4:10:32: $4.7k Chip Count

Next hand, no add on - how does Chip Count go from $4.7k to $7.1k? Anybody knows Stones' chip values / see any more money in this one minute?

4:11:31: $7.1k Chip Count
4:17:07: $7.9k Chip Count (bluffed with J high after his open ender missed got J high of his hand)
4:35:12: $7.4k Chip Count (FINAL)

Buy in: $1.5k
Add on: $1k
Add on: $3.1k(?)

By my calculation, that's $5.6k in buy ins, $7.4k final stack (less $3k in unexplained chip count additions) = $1,100 LOSS

There is NO WAY this was a profitable day (as a 3rd host enters, the male announcer starts with his "Postle running like a God, wait 'til you see this" yet female announcer quickly chimes in with: "Ummmm, not today he's actually losing" or something like that). Yet I can't see how the loss was as big as $1,800 either. Can anybody do a "stack check with the eyes" and see where that extra $3k comes from (I am useless at estimating chip stacks)?

That's my hour's worth. Thoughts? Errors that I made? I have no idea if either of the tweets' figures were brought to court, but if the "biggest" cheat day discrepancy was "amazing win" v "sizeable loss", I can see how a judge that doesn't know much about poker says: "Settle this out of court."

Last edited by MJ_Syd_Aus; 09-22-2020 at 07:40 PM.
MJ_Syd_Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:32 PM   #11648
FyteOn
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 712
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Malmuth View Post

While people such as Phil Galfond and Bart Hansen are certainly highly capable, convincing poker players who understand how poker is played is a lot different than convincing people on a jury, who at best know little about poker, that there was a problem here. That is this should be a much tougher nut to crack. The question will be whether Galfond (or Hansen) can break things down to a simple enough level that non-poker players will understand what actually happened. In my opinion this is a tough task and while someone like Phil is certainly very capable, it won't be easy.

Best wishes,
Mason
I've been a civil trial lawyer for 22 years. This is exactly what we do with almost every case that gets tried. A box full of people who were hoping to get out of jury duty that morning sit down and you have to explain to them, cold, how Mr. X breached his fiduciary duties in an extraordinarily complex business relationship and the causation that led to damages.

Criminal and government lawyers often have a tougher go of it. Explaining the antitrust and RICO laws to people with a high school education is FAR more difficult than explaining to a jury how simply check-calling with a full house exhibits clear cheating.
FyteOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:47 PM   #11649
PLIKITYPLAK
veteran
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,512
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Polak View Post
they are cringe and i have stopped responding.
to be fair he was bragging about his 6 figure income and i think he is a compulsive liar with empty threats. I asked him to show a tax return if he makes 6 figures and wants to brag, and like all liars he turned it around and wanted me to show mine first and tried to say that i make under 100k.
Maybe he is including his cut of the money he got from Mike Postle's cheating.
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:55 PM   #11650
PLIKITYPLAK
veteran
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,512
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfbum983 View Post
$645 or $0, I’ll take $645....
That's all it takes to sell your soul?
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive