Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2020, 02:30 PM   #11451
Angry_Polak
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 72
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFA View Post
The PR team for Stones should be fired... I have to assume they do not have one and some fool thinks its a good idea to be arguing on twitter with people under Stones account...

They will never make a single poker player believe them so their best bet is to shut up and hope people forget about it...
Justin was running their 2 twitter accounts before all of this happened. he is obviously back to managing their twitter. it's very much his style of tweeting.
it's amazing to me that he has been getting a pay check from them this entire time
Angry_Polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:38 PM   #11452
auralex14
veteran
 
auralex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,035
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I haven’t been following this too closely over the past several months, but when the story first broke I opined that Justin might not be involved in the cheating and that he’s just an almost unimaginable fool. Watching this little ‘victory’ dance of his has me leaning more towards ‘idiot’ than ‘cheater.’ It’s hard for normal people who don’t interact much with fools to appreciate how dumb people can be.

But again, I haven’t kept up with the news.
auralex14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:48 PM   #11453
OFA
old hand
 
OFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,714
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Polak View Post
Justin was running their 2 twitter accounts before all of this happened. he is obviously back to managing their twitter. it's very much his style of tweeting.
it's amazing to me that he has been getting a pay check from them this entire time
I guess its a good thing he/they keep posting this stuff then as its just digging their grave...

Long may it continue... Stand with Postle, burn with him
OFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #11454
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralex14 View Post
I haven’t been following this too closely over the past several months, but when the story first broke I opined that Justin might not be involved in the cheating and that he’s just an almost unimaginable fool. Watching this little ‘victory’ dance of his has me leaning more towards ‘idiot’ than ‘cheater.’ It’s hard for normal people who don’t interact much with fools to appreciate how dumb people can be.

But again, I haven’t kept up with the news.
I kind of feel the same way. It's clear he doesn't understand poker or any of the evidence presented against Postle in the way he is adamant there is no evidence. I think he really does believe Postle is innocent however dumb that may be.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #11455
pollywog1
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 13
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I was a plaintiff in the lawsuit and did not sign on to the settlement. I'm fortunate to be in a financial position where, for the amount that was offered, I can choose to remain principled rather than give any consideration to signing a statement that gives even the slightest indication that I think there was no cheating.

And the description as "indication" is an important point. The statement was negotiated by both sides, and while Stones and Justin are trying to use it to claim total exoneration, the statement simply says that no forensic evidence was found.

Because the case did not advance to the point where discovery could be used to obtain evidence, the extent of the forensic evidence was that which was volunteered by Stones and gathered in their allegedly independent investigation financed by them. Even in spite of that investigation raising red flags for a conflict of interest, the details and findings have not been been shared with the public or the plaintiffs, and only were shown to the plaintiffs' counsel after signing an NDA.

To Justin: From the outset I thought it was more likely than not that you were not involved. However, there is not any objective poker player (or even anyone who understands statistics) that does not see the mountain of suspicious evidence and think that something was amiss, let alone come to the iron-clad conclusion that you were able to that cheating did not occur. What investigation did you do to clear Postle when Veronica first came to you? Why did you tell players that the cell phone ban had absolutely nothing to do with anything that happened on the Stones livestream? Even if there were external factors in that decision, the presence of cheating allegations and your claimed to have looked into them is not absolutely nothing.

Others have said it already, but I'll end with this because it really should be your takeaway from all this: if you are innocent, you grossly mishandled everything -- from lack of transparency into your investigation, to your blanket denial rather than committing to always investigate any impropriety when the allegation became public, to you steadfastly defending Postle still to this day. Tying your innocence to Postle shows you really have no understanding of the situation. You owe all the players in the games and all the staff that have been affected an apology.

Last edited by pollywog1; 09-17-2020 at 03:17 PM. Reason: typo
pollywog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:18 PM   #11456
ITMavAZ
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 139
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj94 View Post
JFK apparently has not heard the phrase "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt"
everything about that POS is cringe
ITMavAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #11457
inmyrav
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,649
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFA View Post
I guess its a good thing he/they keep posting this stuff then as its just digging their grave...

Long may it continue... Stand with Postle, burn with him
I stand with Postle, I don't burn or even singe.
inmyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:34 PM   #11458
MJ_Syd_Aus
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 64
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Just looked at Stones Twitter - https://twitter.com/StonesGambling

Clearly Justin has taken the reigns on twitter. I can't believe management hasn't had a sit down about "Public Relations / Customer Service" or sent him to a community college for PR 101 which sits Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm.

Just a thought: Maybe Justin wasn't involved? Maybe he didn't want to find anything during the investigation to save his job / reputation as a poker host? I mean... Mike Postle's plan is pretty smart, right? Justin is proving he's not very smart. Smart thief sees dumb casino boss and devises a plan with Person X in the booth / tech team... and dumb boss can't see the truth through the villain's (We've got a God in my poker room) fog and ultimately ends up on twitter defending himself like a child.

Maybe that child is not very smart and ultimately innocent?
MJ_Syd_Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:22 PM   #11459
golfnutt
banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,969
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_Syd_Aus View Post
Just looked at Stones Twitter - https://twitter.com/StonesGambling

Clearly Justin has taken the reigns on twitter. I can't believe management hasn't had a sit down about "Public Relations / Customer Service" or sent him to a community college for PR 101 which sits Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm.

Just a thought: Maybe Justin wasn't involved? Maybe he didn't want to find anything during the investigation to save his job / reputation as a poker host? I mean... Mike Postle's plan is pretty smart, right? Justin is proving he's not very smart. Smart thief sees dumb casino boss and devises a plan with Person X in the booth / tech team... and dumb boss can't see the truth through the villain's (We've got a God in my poker room) fog and ultimately ends up on twitter defending himself like a child.

Maybe that child is not very smart and ultimately innocent?

Horrible PR. Shockingly bad. Weird.

This guy cheated in their casino. And continued to do it even after strong suspicions were brought to their attention.

Acting like they have somehow been vindicated and are not guilty is the exact opposite of how this episode comes across.

I will give Postle the last benefit of any doubt if he wants to do an interview. Better yet, numbskull, just play poker. Why wouldn’t you if you are one of the best in history?

You aren’t even a great criminal mastermind. You made this painfully obvious.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:48 PM   #11460
MJ_Syd_Aus
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 64
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
Horrible PR. Shockingly bad. Weird.

This guy cheated in their casino. And continued to do it even after strong suspicions were brought to their attention.

Acting like they have somehow been vindicated and are not guilty is the exact opposite of how this episode comes across.

I will give Postle the last benefit of any doubt if he wants to do an interview. Better yet, numbskull, just play poker. Why wouldn’t you if you are one of the best in history?

You aren’t even a great criminal mastermind. You made this painfully obvious.
So true. "Godlike" skills should be on tour all over the USA, Vegas, if not the world. Rake it in.

Or? Only play while on camera in Sacramento. What a joke.

Would love to see him play today - at best a $1/$2 grinder that might win $250 but more likely to lose $500 per session.

And Stones? They would be wise to simply post the press on twitter (and remove Justin's log in credentials) that there's no wrongdoing (by court of law), and welcome back players with free Buffalo Wings throughout the month of September and October.

Last edited by MJ_Syd_Aus; 09-17-2020 at 09:08 PM.
MJ_Syd_Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:59 PM   #11461
inmyrav
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,649
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

If Mike or Stones want to convince most people of their innocence, it would be easy. Release the internet/wifi logs or w/e. Or do these things exist as I am imagining? Would there would be evidence of the communication between the phone and the wifi that was distinct from, say, checking ball games.
inmyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:29 PM   #11462
golfnutt
banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,969
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

From u/expertpokerstrategy on Reddit:

*sources have been whispering that a Postle indictment will be released in the next 24 hours. You didn't hear it from me.*

Rumor made for NVG.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:09 AM   #11463
inmyrav
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,649
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

This is all on JFK. Assuming even no cheating occurred, it is JFK's failure to ensure the no cell phone rule was enforced. Without cell phones, I don't think you have cheating allegations. No cheating allegations, that means Postle was on some kind of inhuman impossible to believe heater. Microscopic chance he derailed a real heater by failing to keep the table clear of cell phones. Who else was supposed to enforce the no cell phone rule?
inmyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:13 AM   #11464
dhubermex
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 1,666
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
From u/expertpokerstrategy on Reddit:

*sources have been whispering that a Postle indictment will be released in the next 24 hours. You didn't hear it from me.*

Rumor made for NVG.
Your post from just now has been shared.

https://www.reddit.com/r/poker/comme...ating/g5o43ud/
dhubermex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:52 AM   #11465
MicroDonkYT
grinder
 
MicroDonkYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 543
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Stones should just have Postle come back on stream and lets see how well he does when people are watching him like a hawk. My guess is that he'll be a big loser in the game.

I'm hoping in some way that JFK's nonsense violates the agreement which would allow the plaintiffs who signed to be able to talk about the case in public again.
MicroDonkYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:59 AM   #11466
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroDonkYT View Post
Stones should just have Postle come back on stream and lets see how well he does when people are watching him like a hawk. My guess is that he'll be a big loser in the game.

I'm hoping in some way that JFK's nonsense violates the agreement which would allow the plaintiffs who signed to be able to talk about the case in public again.
Yeah it would be interesting to see. If JFK and Postle are really that adamant in their innocence why not stream again and continue to crush all comers? That would really shut everyone up right?
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:01 AM   #11467
Wilbury Twist
Pooh-Bah
 
Wilbury Twist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 4977 miles from Kells
Posts: 5,335
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Wowzers, the main Stones Twitter feed is one thing, but the account's individual responses to the various comments is only slightly less childish than Ninja's Twitch chat. Golfnutt, you said it best with "shockingly bad."
Wilbury Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:56 AM   #11468
OFA
old hand
 
OFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,714
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I assume Postle is not banned from Stones and infact can go play on their live streams again?

I really hope this happens
OFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:47 AM   #11469
chopstick
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chopstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: where the weather suits my clothes
Posts: 9,156
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)
















if only there were some evidence!
chopstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:26 AM   #11470
BilldaCat
grinder
 
BilldaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 562
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

they're all good dogs, chopstick
BilldaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:41 AM   #11471
deuceblocker
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,266
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFA View Post
I assume Postle is not banned from Stones and infact can go play on their live streams again?

I really hope this happens
Yes, I assume that now that the plaintiffs have agreed there was no cheating Stones is going to resume the live stream with Justin in charge.
deuceblocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:48 AM   #11472
Mr Spyutastic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 12,219
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstick View Post















if only there were some evidence!
Yeah, there's no video footage and the original estimate of paper that was ripped up was grossly inflated. So clearly innocent.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:58 AM   #11473
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,582
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Chop, you should post that to jk’s and Stones Twitter
.
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:49 PM   #11474
deuceblocker
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,266
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

So Justin is still in charge of Stone's Twitter account and he has been tweeting about this from Stone's account? I wonder what he would have to do to get fired.

Maybe he would be a good TD for the 2021 WSOP.
deuceblocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:14 PM   #11475
Joey
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Justin's tweets are brutal. Absolute cringe. He's recently gotten into a pissing match with Veronica about how much money each of them makes.
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive