Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #10001
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,647
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
I don’t know what else you expect. She was screaming about irregularities during the broadcast. She reported it to the casino and they investigated and closed it. She tweeted about it.

The casino failed to investigate properly. They certainly didn’t give a single person any confidence that he wasn’t up to something — the only question is what he did and how much he cheated. Even one hand is one hand too many. He has some background with the business.

The cover-up (as usual) is worse than the crime. They are going to get slaughtered. The only question is how much they pay and how it is allocated.

Postle may escape. Legally. Nobody is going to forget this and he will forever be tagged a cheater.

I dont know why I was bitching and complaining about Joeys work I should be grateful for all his commitment. He put in a ton of hours and sweat in this and he discovered a huuuge injustice which would have continued.

I am on a huge downwsing probably thats why all the negativity.

In a perfect world someone would go to postle and say hey postle can I see your phone? Police or Gaming Comission standing behind.

Of course we dont live in a perfect world and I hope evidence will show up sooner or later. I was just a little upset that they didnt bust him inflagranti, which is obv. the best way to catch a cheater before he has the chance to destroy or talk his way out.

This is of course a messed up situation how do you explain to a judge or a jury that no human will play like that-
washoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #10002
R*R
I wish I was Einstein
 
R*R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Crossfire Hurricane
Posts: 12,513
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Pretty;

R*R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:33 PM   #10003
Stupor
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 359
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
I said this too, and people were jumping on my throat.

Should have cought him before setting off the alarm and allowing him to pack all things up that would have been evidence. I critized veronica for a poor judgmemt call to not set him up. People were jumping on my throat! But now you have that mess.
people were "jumping on your throat" because your (many) posts were naive, didn't take into account the circumstances at the time and were not at all aligned with how things play out in the real world, see below.

you were also blaming the one person who saw through this and did something about it for....what? not also uncovering the smoking gun through an elaborate sting ala Sherlock Holmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
and you all hyping veronice brill, yes she did a great job without her may be there would be nothing now. and the cheating continues...

but, they should have strip searched him on the spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
I agree that it could have been done better. getting the phone at the time of cheating for instance. These types of crimes have to be busted INFLAGRANTI.

It would have been much better and all the evidence might be destoyed now.
But nobody is perfect and this would have may be been not achievable at the time.

But all I am saying is this could have been handled better. She could have contacted the Gaming Comssion descreetly or the police. They would have frisked the guy and we would have a much better stance.

But better than nothing at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupor View Post
these are pretty dumb posts that demonstrate you haven't really considered the position veronica was in.

she had no hard evidence, based only on her intuition that something was wrong she had gone to the poker room boss with her concerns, and she'd had that shoved back at her. the police wouldn't have done anything at all without some kind of evidence. i think the same is almost certainly true of the gaming commission. what would she have said to them? "he wins a lot and i'm sure he is cheating...but yeah my poker room boss told me there's been an investigation and nothing is wrong" case closed.

but despite all this she still had the stones (pun intended) to back her instincts that something was wrong and pursue this further, and in so doing has caused the exposure of mountains of additional evidence. very impressive as many wiser people have acknowledged.

"they should have strip searched him on the spot". who should have? what spot? this makes no sense. you saying veronica should have just strip searched him one day when she got suspicious? was there a live stream going on right when she went public with this? or was postle at that time in some other random "spot" rubbing money on his titties - did anyone know where he was, how could he be strip searched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
When I said this people were jumping on my throat.

Of course it was fishy the whole "Postle show" resulting in more viewership attention and finally Cheating.
the person you were replying to was being sarcastic - "increased the viewers into double digits" - in other words it is an unlikely theory as the viewership was so low regardless of "postle show"

also, FYI the expression is "jumping down my throat"

Last edited by Stupor; 12-03-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Stupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:28 PM   #10004
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,379
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Why View Post
Bloody hell, what a convincing argument.

You think he did it, but you can see no proof.

Like you are TOO BLOODY STUPID to look at the way he played HAND AFTER HAND. SESSION AFTER SESSION.

Sorry, this will have gone WAAAAAAAAAY over your head.

So of course you can't see any evidence.
I don't think what he said in this post is all that controversial. He's saying there is no direct evidence of communications, screen sharing, etc. And unless I've missed something, he's right. You might not agree this will be a problem when it comes to conviction, but your reaction seems pretty over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*R View Post
Pretty
It was, until you wrecked it.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:51 PM   #10005
R*R
I wish I was Einstein
 
R*R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Crossfire Hurricane
Posts: 12,513
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

First


R*R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:59 PM   #10006
alberthofmann
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 614
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I neither have the time or energy to read up from where is was last (prob 50pages behind or more). Is there a new update, especially on the court case?

Thx in advance
alberthofmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:25 PM   #10007
MikkeD
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,474
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberthofmann View Post
I neither have the time or energy to read up from where is was last (prob 50pages behind or more). Is there a new update, especially on the court case?

Thx in advance
golfnutt is on the case now - it should all be sorted out soon.
MikkeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:29 PM   #10008
Jay Why
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lundun
Posts: 946
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
I don't think what he said in this post is all that controversial. He's saying there is no direct evidence of communications, screen sharing, etc. And unless I've missed something, he's right. You might not agree this will be a problem when it comes to conviction, but your reaction seems pretty over the top.


It was, until you wrecked it.
He was ignoring all the circumstantial evidence when the foolish troll said,

"There is currently nothing, nada, zip proving the hole card information was transmitted to Postle via his phone. No screenshots, no evidence the stream was accessed by Postle, no communications known of or intercepted with JFK or that the stream was not encrypted and/or he had the key code."

That is the problem with trolls, they set out trying to make others look foolish, yet say such nonsense trying to do that they end up looking the biggest fools of all.
Jay Why is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:58 PM   #10009
deuceblocker
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,266
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
I don't think what he said in this post is all that controversial. He's saying there is no direct evidence of communications, screen sharing, etc. And unless I've missed something, he's right. You might not agree this will be a problem when it comes to conviction, but your reaction seems pretty over the top.
Yes, he keeps saying that and it is true. However, it is clear to anyone here that Postle cheated with help from management. It is unlikely there will be any criminal case. The plaintiffs probably have or will obtain that sort of evidence. The civil case will almost certainly be settled. There is enough that Stones doesn't want to go to trial. I have also explained that before.

If you look at the post history of jjj and golfnut itt you will see why people have lost patience with them.
deuceblocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:59 PM   #10010
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,372
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I understand the desire to bash terrible posts (trolls) should anyone wish to go down that sinkhole.

Personally I think the GTO play is to ignore them since they crave attention and without it will go away.
whosnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:29 AM   #10011
golfnutt
banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,969
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceblocker View Post
If you look at the post history of jjj and golfnut itt you will see why people have lost patience with them.

Very inappropriate. You are calling the village idiot a troll.

I have said repeatedly that he 110% cheated. I know. What I don’t see is him maximizing his profit considering the insane advantage he had at the game. An elite poker player on his own turf playing against eight fish with knowledge of their cards.

He should have destroyed this game. He didn’t. Played terrible cards that cost him money. Yes, he correctly folded on the river, but he should have never been in those hands in the first place, regardless of hole card knowledge.

People think you should play every hand to the river and then decide what to do. That will cost you a bloody fortune.

I don’t think he lost more on purpose to disguise his winnings. There are 1,000 better ways he could have done it than showing for the world perfect post-river play. It made his play known to the commentators. Brought a lot of heat. He could have quietly bled money many other ways.

I’m waiting for an explanation...
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:58 AM   #10012
golfbum983
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,931
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
Very inappropriate. You are calling the village idiot a troll.

I have said repeatedly that he 110% cheated. I know. What I don’t see is him maximizing his profit considering the insane advantage he had at the game. An elite poker player on his own turf playing against eight fish with knowledge of their cards.

He should have destroyed this game. He didn’t. Played terrible cards that cost him money. Yes, he correctly folded on the river, but he should have never been in those hands in the first place, regardless of hole card knowledge.

People think you should play every hand to the river and then decide what to do. That will cost you a bloody fortune.

I don’t think he lost more on purpose to disguise his winnings. There are 1,000 better ways he could have done it than showing for the world perfect post-river play. It made his play known to the commentators. Brought a lot of heat. He could have quietly bled money many other ways.

I’m waiting for an explanation...
He made 250k in what a year playing 1/3....I don’t think he had a losing session while cheating ? other then make another 50k if played absolute perfectly what is your point ?
golfbum983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:03 AM   #10013
Wolfferine
enthusiast
 
Wolfferine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 80
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post

He should have destroyed this game. He didn’t.
This is where you are wrong.

You are expecting him to win nearly every single hand when in god mode. This is not possible considering there is a good amount of luck involved in poker (ie. the randomness of the cards). Have you seen the graph showing both Postle and Potripper's winrates? If not, just google "postle vs. potripper stats".

If that doesn't show you he destroyed the game, then nothing will.

I think you are wasting your time trying to figure out why he didn't do everything perfectly. Part of it was the rush to simply own other players and the enjoyment that comes from it. Postle was willing to risk a little bit for the rush of it all. It was addictive and he couldn't stop. It's that simple, and his motives and rationale have been discussed multiple times in this thread already.
Wolfferine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:54 AM   #10014
golfnutt
banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,969
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfferine View Post
This is where you are wrong.


You’re wrong.

There is only one way to prove (are you listening defense team? Hint, hint).

Set up a poker simulation with everyone having the same cards. Run thousands of sequences. Let professional poker players do it. Let me do it.

We will all beat his take. Considerably. With far less risk.

I can’t stand hearing how this was a simple $1/$3 game. That is an artifice to make it appear he had a higher win-rate. The pot sizes were huge.

Make no mistake, he won. He cheated. He should be penalized. The casino though far more than a degenerate gambler. Which makes one wonder why would they turn a blind-eye to such apparent deception...repeatedly.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:32 AM   #10015
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,379
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext View Post
I understand the desire to bash terrible posts (trolls) should anyone wish to go down that sinkhole.

Personally I think the GTO play is to ignore them since they crave attention and without it will go away.
This. You have two posters who don't disagree that cheating took place; they are both arguing much smaller points. Is that trolling? I'm not convinced it is, but I'm not sure why so many people who think it is keep arguing with them and/or bellyaching about it.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:28 AM   #10016
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,583
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceblocker View Post
However, it is clear to anyone here that Postle cheated with help from management.
.
You have no proof management helped him cheat.

You do have the following inferences:
1. JFK stuck up for Postle so he must be in on it. A stupid inference much like you arguing I am defending the cheaters so I must be involved.
2. He ran the prior investigation and found nothing. This could be simple negligence or the hack could be very sophisticated and require computer skills JFK does not possess or hire to investigate the claim.
3. He was only in God mode when JFK was working the show and does not appear to be in god mode for two weeks he is out of town. This is a reasonable inference but it is just as reasonable to infer that Jfk's computer was the access point of the hack when you have no proof how the stream was hacked.

So deuce, if I am missing something, tell me what "clearly" proves management helped Postle gain access to the live stream data through his phone in real time.
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:38 AM   #10017
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,583
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfferine View Post
Have you seen the graph showing both Postle and Potripper's winrates? If not, just google "postle vs. potripper stats".

If that doesn't show you he destroyed the game, then nothing will.
Tell us the actual data used to put potrippers plot point on the graph, the sample size and the standard deviation of it and the same for Postle's plot point.

If you do this I think you will find the graph is bullshit.
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:48 AM   #10018
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,583
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Why View Post
He was ignoring all the circumstantial evidence when the foolish troll said,

"There is currently nothing, nada, zip proving the hole card information was transmitted to Postle via his phone. No screenshots, no evidence the stream was accessed by Postle, no communications known of or intercepted with JFK or that the stream was not encrypted and/or he had the key code."

That is the problem with trolls, they set out trying to make others look foolish, yet say such nonsense trying to do that they end up looking the biggest fools of all.
Second biggest fool. Right behind the idiot that thinks he has proven that Postle accessed the live stream of data on his phone with Stone's management assistance because he looked at his crotch. I'll bet you jump off your roof multiple times with cardboard wings as a kid...
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #10019
tgiggity
Pooh-Bah
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5,573
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgiggity View Post
i heard after postle signed his exclusivity deal with stones their viewership rocketed into the double digits
Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
When I said this people were jumping on my throat.

Of course it was fishy the whole "Postle show" resulting in more viewership attention and finally Cheating.
they jumped down your throat because your post wasn't dripping with sarcasm
tgiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:15 PM   #10020
wtfdidido
banned
 
wtfdidido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: ZOG's clownworld
Posts: 135
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceblocker View Post
However, it is clear to anyone here that Postle cheated with help from management.
Is it tho? In my first post I said JFK has to be in on it. I still think he's guilty but technically Postle could've acted alone.
wtfdidido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:42 PM   #10021
Angrist
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,884
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I find it pretty hard to believe that Postle did everything on his own. From the descriptions of the technology that'd mean that he gained access to the stream room (by their never locked doors apparently) and monkeyed with the stream settings without anyone ever confronting him about it.

Sure, it's possible. But I think it's vastly more likely that he had at least *one* accomplice to handle the stream capture side of things. That doesn't mean 'management'. Could be a stream tech. Could be JFK. Or anyone else that had access.

Which is also where I think the best chance of a conviction will come. Someone that knows something flipping and testifying.
Angrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:45 PM   #10022
isunkurbttlship
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
isunkurbttlship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,379
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
You’re wrong.

There is only one way to prove (are you listening defense team? Hint, hint).

Set up a poker simulation with everyone having the same cards. Run thousands of sequences. Let professional poker players do it. Let me do it.

We will all beat his take. Considerably. With far less risk.

I can’t stand hearing how this was a simple $1/$3 game. That is an artifice to make it appear he had a higher win-rate. The pot sizes were huge.

Make no mistake, he won. He cheated. He should be penalized. The casino though far more than a degenerate gambler. Which makes one wonder why would they turn a blind-eye to such apparent deception...repeatedly.
Perhaps this is because Postle is a terrible poker player, and not the top 1% of 1% like you claim.
isunkurbttlship is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:08 PM   #10023
tgiggity
Pooh-Bah
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5,573
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

yeah I've played with non-god mode mike a few times at stones. I even table changed to bum hunt him once when he decided to play higher than 1/3. he's horrible at poker
tgiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #10024
jjjou812
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,583
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrist View Post
I find it pretty hard to believe that Postle did everything on his own. From the descriptions of the technology that'd mean that he gained access to the stream room (by their never locked doors apparently) and monkeyed with the stream settings without anyone ever confronting him about it.

Sure, it's possible. But I think it's vastly more likely that he had at least *one* accomplice to handle the stream capture side of things. That doesn't mean 'management'. Could be a stream tech. Could be JFK. Or anyone else that had access.

Which is also where I think the best chance of a conviction will come. Someone that knows something flipping and testifying.
+1. It is probably more likely to require two people but Postle reportedly being given access for his own show may have provided him an opportunity to work it alone. I think the computer expert will determine a "digital footprint" was left by someone accessing the stream and be able to link it to an "unaccounted for" electronic device or an employee was in constant communication w Postle during the game.
jjjou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:26 PM   #10025
Wilbury Twist
Pooh-Bah
 
Wilbury Twist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 4977 miles from Kells
Posts: 5,335
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
This game being 1/3 and trying to calculate it off BB/100 or BB/hr is total BS. It should be calculated off of buy-ins (~$2k). He averaged a buy-in per session. It wasn’t at the outrageous level being bandied around here.
Eh? No.

Consider the following scenario:

Person A buys into a $1/3 game for the minimum $60. He waits for spots, maybe three-bet shoves pre a few times, or gets an opportunity to shove the flop. At one point, he gets his whittled down stack all-in into a three-way pot, and wins it. When raking in the chips, he finds that he has tripled up to $90. Satisfied with that outcome, Person A gets up, cashes out, then heads home.

Person B buys into the same $1/3 game, but buys in deep. Given the house rules, she can match the largest stack at the table, which happens to be $1,600. When the game breaks, Person B has $2,400 in front of her.

By your logic, these two had equally successful nights. Person A walked away with a 50 percent return, having made a $30 profit on a $60 buy-in. Person B also had a 50 percent return, clearing $800 on an initial $1,600 buy-in. Both did so at the same $1/3 game.

So yeah... there is a reason people calculate win rates per 100 hands. Or if you still want to think of it in terms of buy-ins, then define a buy-in as 100 BBs.

Now, I will grant you that the bb/100 rates for Postle are a bit misleading as the games truly played larger than the actual blind amounts would suggest, thanks to factors such as straddles and overall preflop raise sizing. But even if someone conceded that "it's a $5/5 game that actually plays more like $10/20*," Postle's win rates were way outside of any reasonable expectation.


*This was pretty much the exact quote Veronica gave me when I first heard about her weekly streamed game.
Wilbury Twist is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive