Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2019, 08:47 AM   #9276
Natamus
Tripped and Fell
 
Natamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where the buggalo roam
Posts: 16,373
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Nothing to do with Postle cheating he just really wanted to use this Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post) emoji
Natamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:12 AM   #9277
Eponymous
Photoshop Comic Genius
 
Eponymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: How many letters do we have for thi
Posts: 4,572
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
Yeah I have a feeling I could find a ton of examples for you.
Firstly in the 88 vs TT hand

https://youtu.be/0vaF0kwjQhg?t=1173

Kasey exclaims @ 20:48 :" OMG! Look at this run out, both have boats!"
Kasey @ 21:59 :"I guess... he's thinking, it's 8 9 10 ... there's 6 7... Jack Queen..."
Chris: "Obviously he's not worried about the straights, he has a boat".

This stream had only been running for 20 minutes (so no '4 hours long' excuse, like you suggest).
Yes, she made a mistake after the hand when trying to figure out how Mike could have just called there. She correctly said that she expected him to check-raise his boat and was shocked when he didn't. That's not the kind of comment someone makes when they don't even know the basics of the game.

My comment about mistakes during a four-hour stream is valid here. It's not that they get tired at the end of it. The point is that when you're talking about poker live for four hours, you're going to make some mistakes in there, especially if you're not a professional broadcaster. Lon McEachearn makes mistakes like that all the time when he's announcing live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
https://youtu.be/WaWPHGvuqDg?t=4618

JT vs 99
Scott: "wow! look he folded"
Kasey: "Granted if the 8 doesn't come, he's ahead" ?? "He looks upset, maybe he showed him one 9" ??
(she completely distracts from the fact Postle folds for no reason whatsoever. Then they try to move the conversation on and away from that hand.)
If you're confused about why she said he looks upset after maybe being shown one 9, then it sounds like Kasey may know more about poker than you do. By showing him one 9, it would upset him because he would think he folded the best hand (a pair of jacks) because his opponent is making it look like he just had a pair of nines. The part about the 8 not hitting is when she is speculating on what might have been going through Mike's head about different holdings his opponent might have and how they would have helped his hand.

During this hand, she also talks about her study away from the table and the importance of thin value betting. That is not the comment one who doesn't know the basics of the game like hand rankings would make.

If anything, these examples prove that she has a much deeper knowledge of the game than you were giving her credit for.
Eponymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:03 AM   #9278
Wild Card
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 356
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

@Eponymous

you asked for examples, I gave you examples.

Point about the showing one 9 is, it's not really relevant. If you hold JT and calling to get to the turn, what turn card will Postle not fold on?
He doesn't like top pair now? I don't think I really need to explain this to you
Seems like a distraction tactic to me.
Yeah I agree they talk about other things like thin value, which might show that they do know something.
And then on the other hand they would also recognise a boat, and somehow think that a straight could beat it.

So what is it, they know a lot about poker now, but they also lose all logical reasoning when it comes to making up excuses for Postle?
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:02 AM   #9279
JustSome1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://youtu.be/bQ8dP8ILQaI?t=3486

I just went over this hand here, Mike's cards are unknown.
Anyone in for to do some detective work?
Taylor is coming to tell them Mike had KK, you sadly can't see when turned around on the table.
Comms are explaining then why after, i mean, the man behind the scenes could have simply changed the camera, cause there are two angles (player angles), where you should have seen the cards laying on the table then.
Comms are saying "King on the river on the first board", i mean, so Mike had KK, Porter KJs, there was a K on the flop, and then another K on the river???
1:02:43 - also even chat is complaining about the camera view.
There is no need to change camera angles, someone simply needs to switch the camera, the view was changed to full table view manually 1:00:23.

Btw. read the comments under the video in YouTube.
They were already over a year old. I mean, i get it with the cardreader, but at least you should show cards then when being turned around on the table. Obviously noone was complaining at the table, so it is right for sure but i still don't get it, that this happened so often.

EDIT 2: Ten minutes later happens the exact same thing, WTF. 1:14:30

Last edited by JustSome1; 10-24-2019 at 11:23 AM.
JustSome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:10 AM   #9280
Eponymous
Photoshop Comic Genius
 
Eponymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: How many letters do we have for thi
Posts: 4,572
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
you asked for examples, I gave you examples.
Yes, the exact type of examples I said you would provide. They made mistakes in talking about the hands, but they clearly know poker much better than people that don't know the basics of the game. People that don't know the basics aren't shocked when someone just check-calls with a boat, and they don't talk about the importance of thin value betting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
Seems like a distraction tactic to me...And then on the other hand they would also recognise a boat, and somehow think that a straight could beat it.

So what is it, they know a lot about poker now, but they also lose all logical reasoning when it comes to making up excuses for Postle?
They didn't lose logic, she made a mistake in her shock of how Postle could just call the river with his boat, which is not something a novice be shocked about. This is exactly the type of example I said you would provide. It makes it very clear they are not novices at the game that were just picked off the street.

I'm done arguing this. Let your posts and my posts stand on their own.
Eponymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #9281
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
Yeah I have a feeling I could find a ton of examples for you.
Firstly in the 88 vs TT hand

https://youtu.be/0vaF0kwjQhg?t=1173

Kasey exclaims @ 20:48 :" OMG! Look at this run out, both have boats!"
Kasey @ 21:59 :"I guess... he's thinking, it's 8 9 10 ... there's 6 7... Jack Queen..."
Chris: "Obviously he's not worried about the straights, he has a boat".

This stream had only been running for 20 minutes (so no '4 hours long' excuse, like you suggest).

https://youtu.be/WaWPHGvuqDg?t=4618

JT vs 99
Scott: "wow! look he folded"
Kasey: "Granted if the 8 doesn't come, he's ahead" ?? "He looks upset, maybe he showed him one 9" ??
(she completely distracts from the fact Postle folds for no reason whatsoever. Then they try to move the conversation on and away from that hand.)

This is just 1 hour into the stream.

I'm just going through all the weird hands, but it's like they (or some of them) are trying to cover for him.
I've only just started going through them though (focusing on commentators), & will probably have a ton of examples by the end of it.
I'm pretty sure Kasey knows hand rankings. I mean it was beginning of the show and she was reading chat messages, looking at a text from JFK, and trying to figure out a reason why Mike would make such a weird play all in quick succession. So it's understandable why shed have a brain fart.

In the next hand in question, when she says "Granted if the 8 doesn't come, he's ahead", shes talking about a hand @1:10:48. https://youtu.be/WaWPHGvuqDg?t=4248
Didn't listen to all of it, but it looks like they talk about that hand for like 8 minutes straight all the way up until half-way through the hand in question. They're both concentrating on the hand from 8 mins ago, Scott interrupts Kasey about the current hand and looks visibly surprised at the fold after realizing what just happened and raises his hands as in "wtf just happened"? Kasey, after being stopped mid sentence talking about another hand, see's Mike is acting upset and comments on it. So it's clear their thoughts were else where and it doesn't appear to be a cover up.

Anyways, I wont defend too much when ppl bash the commentators. It's part of their job to take criticism. I also didn't enjoy their commentary very much bc when I watch streams, I personally prefer commentators to be quiet. I like listening to table talk and wouldn't care if there were no commentators at all. That said, after listening to Jamans podcast with Joey, I think that, had MP not been cheating, it would be a fun little show to watch if I were a local, or lived within driving distance of Stones. I could definitely see myself sit back, drink a beer and just have fun watching.

But accusations of being accomplices are a lot more serious. I'd suggest that if people are really serious about them being involved, to name the people they believe to be involved so we could start investigating. They can't all be involved, and if you can't even figure out which one's stand out from the others, then there obviously isn't enough evidence to accuse them. Let's flesh this out, bc it keeps coming back up and just dies out and comes back and dies out. Let's get some names and seriously look into it. If you aren't able to come up with a name, then I don't think it is fair to call them accomplices. Maybe that's just me, but I take cheating allegations very seriously, and lumping them all together just doesn't cut it.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:53 AM   #9282
Wild Card
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 356
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponymous View Post
Yes, the exact type of examples I said you would provide.
As opposed to what? If these examples arn't good enough, what examples *would* you accept? None i guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponymous View Post
They made mistakes in talking about the hands, but they clearly know poker much better than people that don't know the basics of the game. People that don't know the basics aren't shocked when someone just check-calls with a boat, and they don't talk about the importance of thin value betting.



They didn't lose logic, she made a mistake in her shock of how Postle could just call the river with his boat, which is not something a novice be shocked about. This is exactly the type of example I said you would provide. It makes it very clear they are not novices at the game that were just picked off the street.

I'm done arguing this. Let your posts and my posts stand on their own.
I think we agree that they are both very surprised he did not check/raise his boat.
I point out that she notices they both have a boat. We agree that they notice that.
And we also agree that they seem to know enough to prove they are not novices.

But right after she notices it is a boat, she then forgets it was a boat almost exactly 1 minute later?
In one minute? I don't believe it, I think this is where we disagree.

About the second example: You say that you think her part of talking about 8 not hitting, you think is her talking about what's going through Mike's head?
You're wrong. She's talking about a hand from about 4 hands ago, between JD and Robert.
Pretty sure she's just willfully ignoring the current hand (of JT vs 99).
Scott points it out and she ignores what he is saying.
It just seems to me like a diversion tactic.

Anyway, I see this as a discussion, not an arguement, but feel free to respond or not
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:04 PM   #9283
Eponymous
Photoshop Comic Genius
 
Eponymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: How many letters do we have for thi
Posts: 4,572
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
And we also agree that they seem to know enough to prove they are not novices.
That was my only point, that it is a bit unfair to say they don't know the basics of poker including hand rankings. I was not discussing any of their motivations for defending Mike's play or anything else.
Eponymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #9284
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
As opposed to what? If these examples arn't good enough, what examples *would* you accept? None i guess.

I think we agree that they are both very surprised he did not check/raise his boat.
I point out that she notices they both have a boat. We agree that they notice that.
And we also agree that they seem to know enough to prove they are not novices.

But right after she notices it is a boat, she then forgets it was a boat almost exactly 1 minute later?
In one minute? I don't believe it, I think this is where we disagree.

About the second example: You say that you think her part of talking about 8 not hitting, you think is her talking about what's going through Mike's head?
You're wrong. She's talking about a hand from about 4 hands ago, between JD and Robert.
Pretty sure she's just willfully ignoring the current hand (of JT vs 99).
Scott points it out and she ignores what he is saying.
It just seems to me like a diversion tactic.

Anyway, I see this as a discussion, not an arguement, but feel free to respond or not
So they talk through 4 hands as a diversion tactic for another hand that hasn't even been played out yet?

Are you implying that Kasey is an accomplice? She was one of the one's that thought Mike was cheating along with Veronica and she is also part of the civil lawsuit.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:24 PM   #9285
lawdude
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,305
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane View Post
These commentators are not broadcasters. They think they have to fill every dead second of air with rubbish. That's not the case.

This is why Gabe Kaplan was so good in High Stakes Poker. He was a minimalist. He said what needed to be said and no more and then he'd let the hand play out and listen to the table talk.

Broadcasting is not easy, nor intuitive. You have to have timing, intelligence, knowledge of the game, a great voice and a sense of humor.

They just threw people into the box with no regard to broadcasting talent. After all, it was a small time operation more or less.

No wonder you got nothing but endless inane babble.
+1

Ali Nejad is a good poker broadcaster too. If they got into a big pot on Poker After Dark, he might say nothing for 2 minutes. He didn't have to! You could see what was going on.

Just come in when you have something worthwhile to say. Jokes are OK too-- Norman Chad obviously makes them, but he also knows when to shut down.
lawdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:26 PM   #9286
Wild Card
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 356
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
I'm pretty sure Kasey knows hand rankings. I mean it was beginning of the show and she was reading chat messages, looking at a text from JFK, and trying to figure out a reason why Mike would make such a weird play all in quick succession. So it's understandable why shed have a brain fart.
Seems too weird to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
In the next hand in question, when she says "Granted if the 8 doesn't come, he's ahead", shes talking about a hand @1:10:48. https://youtu.be/WaWPHGvuqDg?t=4248
Didn't listen to all of it, but it looks like they talk about that hand for like 8 minutes straight all the way up until half-way through the hand in question. They're both concentrating on the hand from 8 mins ago, Scott interrupts Kasey about the current hand and looks visibly surprised at the fold after realizing what just happened and raises his hands as in "wtf just happened"? Kasey, after being stopped mid sentence talking about another hand, see's Mike is acting upset and comments on it. So it's clear their thoughts were else where and it doesn't appear to be a cover up.
Correct, they talk about an old hand. I interpret her response to Scott differently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
Anyways, I wont defend too much when ppl bash the commentators. It's part of their job to take criticism. I also didn't enjoy their commentary very much bc when I watch streams, I personally prefer commentators to be quiet. I like listening to table talk and wouldn't care if there were no commentators at all. That said, after listening to Jamans podcast with Joey, I think that, had MP not been cheating, it would be a fun little show to watch if I were a local, or lived within driving distance of Stones. I could definitely see myself sit back, drink a beer and just have fun watching.

But accusations of being accomplices are a lot more serious. I'd suggest that if people are really serious about them being involved, to name the people they believe to be involved so we could start investigating. They can't all be involved, and if you can't even figure out which one's stand out from the others, then there obviously isn't enough evidence to accuse them. Let's flesh this out, bc it keeps coming back up and just dies out and comes back and dies out. Let's get some names and seriously look into it. If you aren't able to come up with a name, then I don't think it is fair to call them accomplices. Maybe that's just me, but I take cheating allegations very seriously, and lumping them all together just doesn't cut it.
Yeah exactly, it keeps coming up, so I thought I'd have a look. I got to about looking at 2 hands and someone asks me for examples.
The point is, I was just going to see if their commentary was dodgy 100% or 90% of the time, or something.

If there were only a couple of mistakes, I would just chalk it up to 'yeah people make mistakes', fine.
I think the reason it keeps coming up, is because it does happen a lot. So I decide to check it out.
I've no idea how I would post any findings, because people don't like the idea lol
I dunno if I even want to put names to it, as you say. These arn't accusations, they are observations. These are just observations of the videos and discussion.

That's the whole point of this thread, to talk about these videos that are online and the whole world can see them. I.e. it's just a discussion.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:03 PM   #9287
Wild Card
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 356
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponymous View Post
That was my only point, that it is a bit unfair to say they don't know the basics of poker including hand rankings. I was not discussing any of their motivations for defending Mike's play or anything else.
ok great. The timing of their more bizarre statements seemed odd to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
So they talk through 4 hands as a diversion tactic for another hand that hasn't even been played out yet?
No, because that would be silly I meant Scott points it out 'hey look at this!' and she avoids the exact thing he points out.
Alone, it might be simply nothing. But if it happens every time, it might be something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
Are you implying that Kasey is an accomplice? She was one of the one's that thought Mike was cheating along with Veronica and she is also part of the civil lawsuit.
No because I've only looked at about 4 hands so far Just trying to see if they (the statements of any commentator during a Postle hand) are on balance more weird than not.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #9288
OnMyBike
adept
 
OnMyBike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Somewhere cool
Posts: 818
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponymous View Post
(use the "." key to advance a frame at a time)
Holy **** head asplode! Well at least there's one informative post in the last few thousand.
OnMyBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:05 PM   #9289
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
Seems too weird to me.

Correct, they talk about an old hand. I interpret her response to Scott differently.

Yeah exactly, it keeps coming up, so I thought I'd have a look. I got to about looking at 2 hands and someone asks me for examples.
The point is, I was just going to see if their commentary was dodgy 100% or 90% of the time, or something.

If there were only a couple of mistakes, I would just chalk it up to 'yeah people make mistakes', fine.
I think the reason it keeps coming up, is because it does happen a lot. So I decide to check it out.
I've no idea how I would post any findings, because people don't like the idea lol
I dunno if I even want to put names to it, as you say. These arn't accusations, they are observations. These are just observations of the videos and discussion.

That's the whole point of this thread, to talk about these videos that are online and the whole world can see them. I.e. it's just a discussion.
I definitely see where you are coming from due to the countless hours of them explaining away Mikes ridiculous plays. It would drive any poker player insane hearing ridiculous justifications of what is blatant cheating. But let me put it this way...

Their analysis of Mikes play could be interpreted in three ways. 1) Either they are accomplices and are covering for MP, 2) they think he is cheating and are keeping quiet, and 3) they don't think he is cheating and are just coming up with the best possible explanation they can muster. To qualify #2, it is very possible for someone to legitimately think that Postle is cheating and keep quiet in order to catch MP, i.e. Veronica. It is also possible that someone thinks he is cheating or is unsure, but is keeping quiet bc they don't want to ruffle feathers.

I don't think there is anything wrong with naming names, as you said, the whole point of the thread is to generate discussion. I do, however, have a problem with lumping them together in an accusation. Not only is it irresponsible bc it, by necessity, implicates innocent people since they can't all be involved, but it is also inefficient. Because if a commentator were actually involved, it would be hard to actually figure out who it was when we accuse them as a group.

So I have no problem when people bash commentators; it's part of the job. I have no problem when people accuse a commentator by name; that's what we are here for, to discuss the cheating scandal. But I do have a problem with lumping them together bc it is both irresponsible and inefficient. That's just my take on it and I totally understand where you are coming from.

Last edited by wiiziwiig; 10-24-2019 at 01:20 PM. Reason: adjusted reasonings
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:13 PM   #9290
wj294
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,074
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Is there a way to tell how many posts each individual person itt has?
wj294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:18 PM   #9291
wtfdidido
banned
 
wtfdidido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: ZOG's clownworld
Posts: 135
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj294 View Post
Is there a way to tell how many posts each individual person itt has?
Click on replies.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/m...sted&t=1753388
wtfdidido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:20 PM   #9292
Videopro
Making TV
 
Videopro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 18,684
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

click the post count number from the NVG main page.


Last edited by Videopro; 10-24-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Videopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:28 PM   #9293
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,372
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)


The mods have been discussing how this thread has kinda gone off the rails recently, as you can imagine.

A decision seems to be imminent that changes are a-coming.

What those changes are and what it means for the thread going forward will be laid out in a subsequent post.

Thank you for your patience.


whosnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #9294
Angrist
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,884
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

It's pretty clear that this is a small pool of people that see each other all the time in the card room, getting drunk and bullshitting each other at a card game. The stream is not a professionally produced product.

This isn't that far off from the home games we used to have around here, or the smaller charity rooms. Places where you could walk in and call out "hey, **** you bill!" as a greeting. Where people pull all kinds of crazy **** to own someone they play against all the time. Or joke about how Matt is a literal gangster, Phil killed a hooker, Justin robbed a bank and got arrested for coming back to see what the cops were doing, and where the waitress is actually a stripper/hooker.

The only thing in there that is suspicious is the communication with the guy in the booth that can see the live feed. He should be sequestered.
Angrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:30 PM   #9295
DumbosTrunk
Pooh-Bah
 
DumbosTrunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 4,235
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext View Post

The mods have been discussing how this thread has kinda gone off the rails recently, as you can imagine.

A decision seems to be imminent that changes are a-coming.

What those changes are and what it means for the thread going forward will be laid out in a subsequent post.

Thank you for your patience.


Delete all the nonsensical back and forth and leave the actually beneficial content? Yes, please!
DumbosTrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:43 PM   #9296
ArtyMcFly
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ArtyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Enchantment Under the Sea
Posts: 13,251
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenicide View Post
July 18th 2018. The first day Postle went "God" Mode(Twitch)
I'm still unconvinced by the need for various twitch chat screengrabs, but something useful about ^this^ post, was that it gives written confirmation that Taylor Smith (VocalTerror) was working that day. We already had him placed in the building on that day, as he appears on stream replacing the dealer's headset, but you could help us with several other sessions.
Since I've been looking at YouTube clips, and Taylor doesn't chat on there (he prefers Twitch, clearly), data on his whereabouts was harder to prove by watching YouTube.
It would be very useful if you could compile a speadsheet showing all the Twitch sessions where VocalTerror either does or doesn't show up. It's him, after all, that is the suspected main accomplice. Not the commentators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenicide View Post
I believe its very likely that Kasey is being bribed 25 thousand dollars to commentate for Mike/work at stones. Does it really need explaining?
Wait... what?
If you found evidence that Kasey was paid $25k to work as a commentator, that's one thing. Have you found evidence that she knew about cheating from the start, and was contracted to cover it up?
Maybe you can explain why this apparent accomplice is part of the lawsuit against Postle and Stones. :/

Seriously, you've got an interest in laborious detective work, so it's handy you're around to sift thru the videos to save other people the bother, but you're probably barking up the wrong tree with your focus on the commentators. Getting (from Twitch chat) all the dates where VocalTerror was working would be much more useful.
ArtyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #9297
JustSome1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

@ArtyMcFly

If Taylor used to play Marbles, we could maybe find out really quickly in which streams he was working, because as far as i saw, they always play Marbles in the end.

"Welcome to the stream! I'm Taylor, a 26 year old game enthusiast. My Username comes from my past of being a vocalist for a Hardcore/Deathmetal band named "Every Hand Betrayed"."

Every hand betrayed. Didn't know that. -.-

Last edited by JustSome1; 10-24-2019 at 04:11 PM.
JustSome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:02 PM   #9298
Xenicide
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 223
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

If 4 specific commentators are in the booth every time Mike is cheating along with all the shady commentary/chat don't you think thats suspicious? When Mike isn't cheating the range of commentators working in the booth is soooo much wider and its even less days, you have to question why? Why is it that Kasey Scott Chris and Justin Kelley are always working when Mike is cheating. Im not saying they were all getting some sort of “cut” per say but if they really knew about it and decided to do nothing....well in my eyes that makes them guilty. Veronica like I said only commentated a few times for Mike and she knew enough to speak out. Kasey, who by the way knows more about poker than half the people in this thread commentated for mike roughly 30 times.... while he cheated. Common dude its undeniable.

Last edited by Xenicide; 10-24-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Xenicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:13 PM   #9299
ArtyMcFly
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ArtyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Enchantment Under the Sea
Posts: 13,251
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSome1 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4KS_TixXx0
15/08/2018 <SNIP>
God mode is ON here
Spreadsheet updated. Thanks again for your work on the previously univestigated streams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSome1 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2wXZWvCXyQ
08/05/2019
Those two hands are for you Joey: <SNIP>
Thanks for this too. Maybe Joey can analyze and entertain the viewers a bit better than the commentators did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSome1 View Post
Cheers for this one too and also the mix game one that wasn't on the sheet. There's still a few uninvestigated sessions from around that time, which I'm sure you'll get to, but it's looking like Postle may have had an uninterrupted streak of about 20 godmode sessions from Oct 2018-Jan 2019. He was consistently booking about 6 grand per session during that streak. If he didn't slow down, for one reason or another, his constant wins must have looked sooo suspicious to other players and commentators. (At other times, there's usually a "non-cheating" session every couple of months, and even some clusters of several "honest" sessions in a row.)
ArtyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:17 PM   #9300
ArtyMcFly
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ArtyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Enchantment Under the Sea
Posts: 13,251
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenicide View Post
If 4 specific commentators are in the booth every time Mike is cheating along with all the shady commentary/chat don't you think thats suspicious?
In Britain, the cycling commentators Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen commentated on every one of Lance Armstrong's Tour de France wins, and even said he was the best cyclist of his generation. Don't you think that's suspicious?

Jeez, man. Get some perspective. Some commentators appeared more often that others... because they were the main commentators!
ArtyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive