Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2019, 07:16 PM   #8776
mcb08
grinder
 
mcb08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Not where u think I am
Posts: 434
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Postle is already using the defence that the graphics were often incorrect.
mcb08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:24 PM   #8777
Cluracan
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 19
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSome1 View Post
I found this closer view on his keys from Jaman's video.

https://youtu.be/bT1TfAo5ROA?t=188

That key fob is different from the one in all the other videos. Not sure what that could mean but just throwing it out there in case someone else does.
Cluracan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:26 PM   #8778
Grind On My Mind
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 325
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Go watch tuchmans interview where he interviews the poker gfx creator before you proclaim to be the poker gfx professional.
Grind On My Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:28 PM   #8779
Olswang
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 37
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponymous View Post
The issue with the 99 hand was put to rest. The problem here is that the graphics show the 4 of diamonds both in someone’s hand and on the flop. It is evidence that indeed the hole cards can be registered (or at least displayed) incorrectly, which is troubling because that was Postle’s defense on at least one of the hands he played in a questionable manner. It has been said/demonstrated by Matt Berkey that this isn’t possible with this technology unless someone manually changed the graphics. Why would that have happened on this hand? It just appears to be a system failure.

It stands to reason that if there are hands like this that we know are displayed incorrectly because it shows two of the same card, then there are likely other hands where the graphics are wrong and we don’t know and can’t tell. It’s even possible that some of Postle’s hands that surely look like couldn’t have been played that way without cheating are actually because the hand is displayed incorrectly. It at least has to be considered or else we’re willfully only seeing the data we want to see to support our viewpoint.
I believe Matt Berkey said the only way this could happen is if two cards are registered with the same RFID number. If that is the case then their should be other instances throughout the stream where the 4 diamonds appears in a players hand as well as the board.
Olswang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:42 PM   #8780
Makonnen
old hand
 
Makonnen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,358
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olswang View Post
I believe Matt Berkey said the only way this could happen is if two cards are registered with the same RFID number. If that is the case then their should be other instances throughout the stream where the 4 diamonds appears in a players hand as well as the board.
Been meaning to chime in with this for a while ...

Berkey's claim relates to how RFID works and the process from the moment the card is read to the moment that card is handed off the next software system.

The problem is *that system* could have all sorts of bugs in it. It could lose track of which player is which, and show the wrong card that way. It could not clear out the prior hand correctly and retain someone's card from the hand before. It could get off by an index for all cards. Whatever.

I'm not saying it *does* all that. And certainly one would thing the good folks that program pokergfx would have caught these kind of things. But ... bugs happen.

Bottom line, I'm just saying that it is quite possible for Berkey's claim to be true **AND** the wrong card to be displayed.

[For those that need such things, >30 years in software development ... ]
Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #8781
JustSome1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluracan View Post
That key fob is different from the one in all the other videos. Not sure what that could mean but just throwing it out there in case someone else does.
I could find this one on another video earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XJ0mSsjYIg
14 august 2019 - 4:27:30 somewhere



JustSome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #8782
Olswang
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 37
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makonnen View Post
Been meaning to chime in with this for a while ...

Berkey's claim relates to how RFID works and the process from the moment the card is read to the moment that card is handed off the next software system.

The problem is *that system* could have all sorts of bugs in it. It could lose track of which player is which, and show the wrong card that way. It could not clear out the prior hand correctly and retain someone's card from the hand before. It could get off by an index for all cards. Whatever.

I'm not saying it *does* all that. And certainly one would thing the good folks that program pokergfx would have caught these kind of things. But ... bugs happen.

Bottom line, I'm just saying that it is quite possible for Berkey's claim to be true **AND** the wrong card to be displayed.

[For those that need such things, >30 years in software development ... ]
Sounds plausible definitely although < 20 secs in software development. I think have spotted another instance where the 4d is read twice in a hand at 2:01:07.
Bryan appears to fold the 4d pre and it also appears on the turn.
Olswang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:03 PM   #8783
Makonnen
old hand
 
Makonnen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,358
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olswang View Post
Sounds plausible definitely although < 20 secs in software development. I think have spotted another instance where the 4d is read twice in a hand at 2:01:07.
Bryan appears to fold the 4d pre and it also appears on the turn.
No. The 4 appears on 2 consecutive boards, yes. Then there is a bomb pot at the time you reference above, and Uncle Bryan folds 84 to a flop bet.

The board is all black.

{unless I have the wrong link, but it seems correct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XJ0mSsjYIg }
Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:09 PM   #8784
lawdude
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,305
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I suspect that not only did Postle know the cards, but the viewers didn't.
lawdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #8785
barney big nuts
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,525
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

look at the last couple hands in this video

1000000000000000000000000000000000000% cheating


last hand is amazing the guy picked him off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdNbgiHZEfg
barney big nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:17 PM   #8786
JustSome1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 82
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://youtu.be/w2Fr_vxeOmY?t=2369

So, from that video i decided to have a closer look what's going on with that keys, and i think i found something.
It's the video where i could see him click on something while being in a hand taking a decision to bet. I was remembering that in the beginning of the stream there was no keys on the rail, which is strange, no?
So, i thought i will have a closer look at when and how he is putting them on there. First they were just laying in front of him, then after winning a big pot and after stacking some more he was moving the keys right behind the chips there.

And i came over this here:



It's at 39:30 he is thinking how much to bet, then he turns the head to the chips and seems to be looking to the stack, but then at 39:34/35 you can see he is stopping and staring right behind the stack down to the rail where now the keys are. Any ideas about this?

https://youtu.be/w2Fr_vxeOmY

Last edited by JustSome1; 10-16-2019 at 08:27 PM.
JustSome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:20 PM   #8787
Olswang
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 37
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makonnen View Post
No. The 4 appears on 2 consecutive boards, yes. Then there is a bomb pot at the time you reference above, and Uncle Bryan folds 84 to a flop bet.

The board is all black.

{unless I have the wrong link, but it seems correct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XJ0mSsjYIg }
You do have the wrong link - I believe it's this one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX5c...youtu.be&t=164 hand starts at 2:01

Last edited by Olswang; 10-16-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Olswang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #8788
barney big nuts
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,525
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdNbgiHZEfg


this is the correct link
barney big nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:43 PM   #8789
barney big nuts
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,525
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olswang View Post
You do have the wrong link - I believe it's this one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX5c...youtu.be&t=164 hand starts at 2:01
didn't see this one. thanks
barney big nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #8790
RussellinToronto
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,066
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney big nuts View Post
look at the last couple hands in this video

1000000000000000000000000000000000000% cheating


last hand is amazing the guy picked him off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdNbgiHZEfg
That hero call by his opponent on the last hand is so much more understandable if he suspects Postle knows his hand and that Postle therefore presumes he can force a fold in this situation by overbetting. This kind of call is the way to exploit CTO. As someone observed earlier, against godmode you should fold second nuts when Postle makes a small value bet but call when he bombs the river.
RussellinToronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:48 PM   #8791
Makonnen
old hand
 
Makonnen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,358
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olswang View Post
You do have the wrong link - I believe it's this one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX5c...youtu.be&t=164 hand starts at 2:01
Yeah, in that hand, Bryan folds without his cards being shown. But the 4 sure runs hot at the 2 hour mark on streams! {sample size = 5 hands}
Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:49 PM   #8792
NickyC
old hand
 
NickyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Guaranteed to bust the nut low
Posts: 1,834
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Crotch Theory Optimal

I thought poker was dead, thank you NVG.

Thank you.
NickyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:02 PM   #8793
Xenicide
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 223
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://youtu.be/-AADIsPTsxc?t=15510

I feel so bad for Mikes opponent in this hand, this is one of the most disgusting bluffs I have seen from Mike and it really sickens me that he did this on the river.

2.5x pot 400bb overbet river shove to bluff the poor guy off a chop.
Xenicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:15 PM   #8794
Eponymous
Photoshop Comic Genius
 
Eponymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: How many letters do we have for thi
Posts: 4,572
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind On My Mind View Post
Go watch tuchmans interview where he interviews the poker gfx creator before you proclaim to be the poker gfx professional.
Who is this directed at? If it was me, I never claimed anything of the sort. And you don't have to know anything about the system to reach the conclusion that if it shows two of the same cards in some hands, then it brings other hands into question as well, which unfortunately helps Postle's case. It's bound to have also been wrong in other hands as well, not just when it's obvious because there are two of the same cards in the same hand.
Eponymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:17 PM   #8795
Banimal
old hand
 
Banimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,252
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenicide View Post
https://youtu.be/-AADIsPTsxc?t=15510

I feel so bad for Mikes opponent in this hand, this is one of the most disgusting bluffs I have seen from Mike and it really sickens me that he did this on the river.

2.5x pot 400bb overbet river shove to bluff the poor guy off a chop.
Lol so blatantly obvious. What a piece of ****
Banimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:44 PM   #8796
blankoblanco
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blankoblanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,410
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenicide View Post
https://youtu.be/-AADIsPTsxc?t=15510

I feel so bad for Mikes opponent in this hand, this is one of the most disgusting bluffs I have seen from Mike and it really sickens me that he did this on the river.

2.5x pot 400bb overbet river shove to bluff the poor guy off a chop.
I'm pretty sure the 2 biggest overbet shoves he made in terms of bet to pot ratios were this one and another chop with A10 vs. A10 on A-high. It's so unbelievably obvious because both times a massive overbet only made any sense if it's exactly a chop.

Out of all his ridiculous bluffs and folds, I think the chops where he overbets huge are easily the most incriminating hands if you understand even a little bit about poker.
blankoblanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:48 PM   #8797
synth_floyd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,000
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

If he was really the god-like player that he appeared to be at Stones, then why hasn't he been crushing games all over the place? Seems like he only plays/runs good at this one casino, during the televised games. Hmm....
synth_floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #8798
golfbum983
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,931
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth_floyd View Post
If he was really the god-like player that he appeared to be at Stones, then why hasn't he been crushing games all over the place? Seems like he only plays/runs good at this one casino, during the televised games. Hmm....
He beat Tom dwan in 2007
golfbum983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #8799
MichaelJordan23
journeyman
 
MichaelJordan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 217
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Does someone have a link to the hand where they allegedly changed the graphics and gave Mike 8s9s for the nut straight on the river? I’m sure it would have been found by now but I’m curious to see if either of those cards were folded by someone else preflop.
MichaelJordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:31 PM   #8800
deuceblocker
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,255
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordan23 View Post
Does someone have a link to the hand where they allegedly changed the graphics and gave Mike 8s9s for the nut straight on the river? I’m sure it would have been found by now but I’m curious to see if either of those cards were folded by someone else preflop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdNbgiHZEfg&t=1504s

The hand starts around minute 14. Around minute 17-18, they discover that he really had the nuts and a monster draw before that rather than air.
deuceblocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive