Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2019, 12:26 AM   #7051
mrtoodles
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NorCal
Posts: 31
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outoftime44444 View Post
It is federal jurisdiction because the plaintiffs are citizens of different states and even a country than the defendants.

It also involves the federal statutes listed beginning in paragraph 34... https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link...e-dc7d1610c53b
The complaint doesn't invoke jurisdiction, and for good reason. You need "complete diversity" for diversity jurisdiction. Meaning you couldn't have a single plaintiff be a Californian citizen, since Mike, JFK, and Stones are all citizens of California.

I mentioned above and tweeted at Mac as well, that he doesn't adequately plead RICO jurisdiction. For the hook to be wire fraud, he needs to plead interstate transmissions. He doesn't.

Even beyond the glaring typos, the complaint is a bit poorly done tbh.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
mrtoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:30 AM   #7052
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,372
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiveIsBetter View Post
Ok. Link sessions and hands where Postle clearly cheated.

I play online based pretty much solely for my intuition. Timing tells are big factor for my decision for example. A lot more tells in live games.

If player wins like 19/20 sessions it does not say a thing. Pretty common variance if number of winning sessions is like 75%ish, which is probable quite close for good winning player live session winrate.

I watched that one 5h session where Postle booked 22k$ win. I would give him 1k$ hourly there. Some good variance, and then 10k$ donations since his opponents adapted poorly to his style. Nothing special. 400bb winning session in game with antes. Zero hands where there were some clear cheating going on. Nothing totally out of ordinary. Just very solid poker.

Postle was not even best player in that table. Second best, though best hourly in that table.
Nobody gives a **** if you are not convinced that Postle was cheating. Why should anybody care what you think at this point since you have been essentially trolling this thread all day.

And nobody should spend one additional second or ounce of energy trying to convince you. All the evidence has been posted or linked in this thread many times over.

Of course, not everybody will be convinced. There are always "late adopters" to every new idea or new product. It's perfectly alright.
whosnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:32 AM   #7053
jal300
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 326
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo View Post
Talking some generic business concept, sure, agree with you. In this specific situation that would make zero sense. Stand by my assumption.
The problem with your assumption is that it postulates that only an at fault party would ever want to settle: which of course naturally gives rise to the "if they settle they must be guilty" perspective. Truth of the matter is; if they choose to settle, we'll most likely never know the reason why they chose to, only that they in fact did settle.
jal300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:33 AM   #7054
PassiveIsBetter
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 318
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvis View Post
Are you ****ing stupid?
So far I have not seen anything that is totally out of line from Postle. Some hands where he is super obviously cheating, even like set over sets where he magically folds or something (and many times even them are not that out of ordinary when playing deep).

The fact that he has his phone with him and he watch it is not enough for me to become believer.
PassiveIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:34 AM   #7055
onehandfold
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 122
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrape View Post
Question: Can anyone identify a time before 4:16:00 in this stream where Postle appears to have his phone in his lap? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w4TguWyUH0
Left pocket 3:29:56
Possibly pulls it out when sitting 3:30:43
onehandfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:35 AM   #7056
001001
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 45
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrape View Post
Lol you guys check out this move at 4:17:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w4TguWyUH0
Tip if you're sharing vids - you can link to an exact timestamp in YouTube by pausing it at the point you want to share and then either:

a) right-click on the video and select "copy video URL at current frame", or

b) click the share button in your app/on the website and select the checkbox option to "Start at hh:mm:ss"

If you want to share a clip go to streamable.com (******* recommended) and paste in the YouTube URL of the video and adjust the sliders to slice out the section - hit publish and share the streamable URL here

Also a good idea to provide some context / stream dates so that people trawling this thread looking for new clips know if they've seen it already or not

edit: just a note that GIFs tend to crush frame quality and put out a large file size
001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:37 AM   #7057
DHPoker
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: formerly <"))))>< and sqwerty12
Posts: 57
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Haven't followed as closely over the last few days so not exactly sure where everything is at but is there really a prosecutable case based purely on all these statistical outliers and ridiculous lines he takes that are really only mindblowing to poker players?

What I guess I'm saying is - would an everyday non-poker playing jury really see the crime in all of this?

May have been discussed already but as I said, am not completely up to speed at the moment.
DHPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:40 AM   #7058
Grind On My Mind
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 325
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://youtu.be/52ubKrw0qaU?t=3853

What apps are on that home screen?

Whats on that ipad?

https://youtu.be/52ubKrw0qaU?t=3800
Grind On My Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:40 AM   #7059
PassiveIsBetter
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 318
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext View Post
Nobody gives a **** if you are not convinced that Postle was cheating. Why should anybody care what you think at this point since you have been essentially trolling this thread all day.

And nobody should spend one additional second or ounce of energy trying to convince you. All the evidence has been posted or linked in this thread many times over.

Of course, not everybody will be convinced. There are always "late adopters" to every new idea or new product. It's perfectly alright.
Hurrah to kangaroo court.

So far what I see that a mob have destroyed Mike Postle ability to be professional poker player and have damaged quite a bit one quite large poker room reputation, and same time whole industry.

Nothing wrong with that if there is facts behind. So far it seems there is pretty much none. And if you disagree you are open to argue why this is a clear case of cheating.
PassiveIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:43 AM   #7060
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,920
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiveIsBetter View Post
So far I have not seen anything that is totally out of line from Postle. Some hands where he is super obviously cheating, even like set over sets where he magically folds or something (and many times even them are not that out of ordinary when playing deep).



The fact that he has his phone with him and he watch it is not enough for me to become believer.
Stop. Seriously.

There have been many, but to show how little you're even follow any of this and to use your example, he check called a hand that he called down the board when the rover gave him a full house. Wtf else was he waiting on? He begrudgingly called the small value bet because he knew he could not explain calling down the board and folding to his river full house. If any neuron activity was going on in his head, he should have bet the river and then could have put on a show when he folded to the raise.

At least go back and watch the videos and read some of the spread sheets before bloviating nonsense.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:43 AM   #7061
Philbo
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 54
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal300 View Post
The problem with your assumption is that it postulates that only an at fault party would ever want to settle: which of course naturally gives rise to the "if they settle they must be guilty" perspective. Truth of the matter is; if they choose to settle, we'll most likely never know the reason why they chose to, only that they in fact did settle.
No. My assumption - if they are reaching out talking settlements - isn’t that they believe they are actually at fault, just that they are sure something happened where somebody is at fault. Hence, confirmation cheating was happening at their place.

I think it’s they just confirmed what we all know - cheating was happening - it was between postle and a rogue employee(s) and they are now just trying to limit their own liability. And we will know what happened when postle & his accompice(s) get arrested.
Philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:44 AM   #7062
Redgrape
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,377
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehandfold View Post


Left pocket 3:29:56
Possibly pulls it out when sitting 3:30:43
Good catch. You get a small view of the screen here but i cant see anything. It does look like he puts it in his lap at 3:30:43
Redgrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:46 AM   #7063
PassiveIsBetter
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 318
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
At least go back and watch the videos and read some of the spread sheets before bloviating nonsense.
Link? Like 5-10 hands are totally ok to me (with stream).

Pretty much to ask to read 283 pages of this threat.
PassiveIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:49 AM   #7064
AmazingErvin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AmazingErvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: twitch.tv/amazingervin
Posts: 6,133
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiveIsBetter View Post
Postle was not even best player in that table. Second best, though best hourly in that table.
AmazingErvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:50 AM   #7065
Redgrape
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,377
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 001001 View Post
Tip if you're sharing vids - you can link to an exact timestamp in YouTube by pausing it at the point you want to share and then either:

a) right-click on the video and select "copy video URL at current frame", or

b) click the share button in your app/on the website and select the checkbox option to "Start at hh:mm:ss"

If you want to share a clip go to streamable.com (******* recommended) and paste in the YouTube URL of the video and adjust the sliders to slice out the section - hit publish and share the streamable URL here

Also a good idea to provide some context / stream dates so that people trawling this thread looking for new clips know if they've seen it already or not

edit: just a note that GIFs tend to crush frame quality and put out a large file size
Ty this is useful advice, I'll try to do a better job sharing the video links.
Redgrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:50 AM   #7066
#1PEN
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport Beach
Posts: 26
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrape View Post
The Marle hand obviously was one of the most suspicious hands.

I have watched the 9/21/19 session extensively and I disagree with your conclusion that he didn't start cheating until the 3.5 hour mark, but I will say it does seem like in a lot of sessions there is much more clear evidence of cheating later in the session compared to earlier.

There are several hands, the bluff on the 9555 board against AK, the c/r against KK on an A88 board, the hand where he folds a pair and a gutter against a set where he almost certainly would have called if he was facing even an overpair, where you could say it's possible he's cheating. There's also a ton of suspicious behavior putting his left hand and pressing the area of the hat above his left ear. Please look at these hands and let me know if you disagree with my assessment that he could have been cheating before 3:30:00
I remember a lot of those hands off the top of my head, a few of those hands are super suspicious, I agree, but I couldn’t remember ever seeing him look down at his crotch like we’ve caught him 100+ times. A lot of those hands the stream switches cameras and there’s no evidence outside of the line he takes. The T8 v AK, 99 v KK even the QJ v QT is a plausible line (esp when you consider he open folded A8 on the button a few hands prior and he’s had 3 glasses of wine and might just be playing tight). He could have cheated before 3:30:00, I just didn’t see evidence out of a questionable line and I recall him folding the best hand/missing bluff opportunity several times throughout the first 3:30:00
#1PEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:51 AM   #7067
peckx063
journeyman
 
peckx063's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 375
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Is anyone else just smashing f5 waiting for the guy who is scanning the streams looking for more blue light to come back?
peckx063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:54 AM   #7068
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,920
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiveIsBetter View Post
Link?
There are DOZENS in this thread. If you can't take the time to read through it prior to asserting random defenses for Postle then I do not have the time or desire to scroll back and link them.

Start at the beginning where it's all laid out in cliff notes. Use the search function for finding his full house river gack.

I stand by accused 99.99% of the time. This is so egregious I was convinced almost instantly. I've played live for 25 years, all levels and many locations. No one runs like he did, period. He brags about his live tell reading. Interesting, he doesn't engage anyone and usually doesn't even follow the f'n hand. I'd have called him out in a couple of orbits for constantly looking at his phone when in a hand or looking at his magical wiener for advice.

The guy is grimy and has been his whole life. His brother told all kinds of stories oh his scamming back when he was a kid. His punk ass should be happy he stole from mild mannered people that pursue legal action.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:57 AM   #7069
001001
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 45
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckx063 View Post
Is anyone else just smashing f5 waiting for the guy who is scanning the streams looking for more blue light to come back?
He's still here and he's waiting for computers to do computer things
001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:00 AM   #7070
Wild Card
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 356
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyMcFly View Post
I've been particularly interested in the hands involving RFID errors, or claims of errors. The AA hand (and a few others that have been mentioned) really was a misread by the RFID. You can see here, that it was corrected on screen to T9ss at showdown. Mark's cards are on the table. He has T9ss. In the previous hand he had AdAs. The "persistency error" is the explanation. His new cards (T9ss) weren't read pre-flop, so the software thought he still had AA.
Almost all the suspicious RFID 'errors' have adequate explanations like the above. I believe that the 88 that Postle claimed was 87 was simply a lie he told to JFK. There was no error in that hand.
In the J4o/JJ, it appears that the 4s, which was folded pre-flop by another player in the previous hand, persisted for one hand.
The most suspicious "error" was the 86o hand that turned into 98ss on screen. None of the explanations for other RFID-reading glitches can explain that one, as no one had the 8 or 6 in their holecards on the prior hand (and Postle had T7o), and the 9s and 8s were being read correctly in that session.
I agree.
I think the way to really nail him, is to examine all the hands with so-called 'RFID errors'.
We could prove something is going on, by just using logic. A court wouldn't even have to understand that much about poker.

There are things that PokerGFX does do, and things that it doesn't do. (safe to assume, it either reads the cards or not - it doesn't 'guess')
There is card information that only the one player ever knows, if he mucks - or any time he doesn't turn his cards over.
When anyone claims to know a different precise holding, other than that shown on screen - we have to ask how & why?
What makes them think they know it was exactly this other hand?
This is why I brought up the 88 vs TT hand, in an earlier post.

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2019/...ions-35609.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Milner of PokerGFX
"There’s been a lot of speculation about the infamous hand where the hole card graphics change from 86o to 8s9s. I can confirm that once a change has been made to a graphic in real-time, there’s no way to change it before it pops out at the other end of the stream delay, so this quite literally blows my mind. I can’t think of any legitimate way anyone could have known the hole cards were wrong or what they really might have been at the point in time the change was made, so you have to wonder about the motivation behind the action. If the operator had stopped to think for more than five seconds, he would have realized that the change would be impossible to explain after the fact, so I suspect it was done in a moment of panic."
I think Andrew Milner from PokerGFX, when talking about this other hand, is saying the same thing here.
We could really do with an extra column in that spreadsheet for the RFID errors.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:00 AM   #7071
Key Guy
journeyman
 
Key Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Big Smoke
Posts: 384
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiveIsBetter View Post
Ok. Link sessions and hands where Postle clearly cheated.
How about you try reading the thread?
Key Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:00 AM   #7072
.isolated
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 21,340
Question Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Going over the unchecked October 8 2018 PLO stream. There's some weird stuff in this session but no god mode stuff until possibly this. However, I had to pause the session to show this one. I encourage you to watch this hand where Mike 4-bets, gets a horrible flop, checks his dick (pretending to check his cards), then checks his cards, then bet/calls. It's not the worst play ever but it's certainly extremely suspicious.



Dick check first:


Card check a few seconds later:
.isolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:03 AM   #7073
Key Guy
journeyman
 
Key Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Big Smoke
Posts: 384
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiveIsBetter View Post
So far I have not seen anything that is totally out of line from Postle. Some hands where he is super obviously cheating, even like set over sets where he magically folds or something (and many times even them are not that out of ordinary when playing deep).

The fact that he has his phone with him and he watch it is not enough for me to become believer.
Thanks for proving you're completely clueless about poker and suck at simple remedial math.
Key Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:04 AM   #7074
PassiveIsBetter
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 318
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

From the very first post in this threat. 5/5 NL hourly 850$ or something. Yes and he played it with 10k$ behind him. It's 2000bb. His whole winnings there (stake he won most) are like ten 10k$ buy-ins. If winnings are breaked down how big part is 20k$+ pots at 5/5 where someone donates to Postle?

It's totally different ballgame than 100bb deep.
PassiveIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:04 AM   #7075
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,505
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiveIsBetter View Post
So far I have not seen anything that is totally out of line from Postle. Some hands where he is super obviously cheating, even like set over sets where he magically folds or something (and many times even them are not that out of ordinary when playing deep).

The fact that he has his phone with him and he watch it is not enough for me to become believer.
Why did you not want to answer the poster who repeatedly asked you what stakes you play?

It's the dumbest troll ever believing such winrates are possible. Why even waste your time here, never mind ours saying such stupid things?
aoFrantic is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive