Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2019, 01:18 PM   #6751
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,920
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
It's the perfect storm. In 1/3:

1. His opponents are more likely to make exploitable plays, thereby increasing his winrate.

2. His opponents are less likely to suspect anything.

3. His opponents are less likely to have the bankroll to be able to afford hero calls of his bluff-shoves on the river.

4. He can maximize value on every hand instead of having to cover his tracks a little more and make the cheating less obvious.

5. His opponents are likely to play like donks pre-flop, rather than isolating him and getting him into a lot of expensive heads-up pots against strong ranges where his implied odds are lower.

6. The casino is less likely to be tight on security, because it is such a low stakes game.
#3 is a huge reason why he cannot play the higher stakes. At some point his monkey shove will be called and then that charade is done
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #6752
Xenicide
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 223
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjaxor View Post
Here maybe this will help:

Pic 1 - You can see the white lights in his top lens, perfectly white - no blue



Pic 2 - You can still see the white lights in the top lens and the blue from his phone in the bottom lens



Pic 3 - He has moved more so now the overhead lights are gone and more of the phone is in his bottom lens




Pic 2 - You can see the blue light on his shirt - if you watch the video its not going to show up in his shirt as its too bright in there until its really close and his other arm is blocking some light

Nice Find.
Xenicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #6753
Grind On My Mind
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 325
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

MUST WATCH and tweet/share it out

New video i just found. Watch this one about another example of Rfids not working!!! Here we can see another example of mikes rfid not registering his hole cards. Watch as he tries to get his cards on the rfid again. It doesnt work so he has to actually peel instead of look in lap at phone. Clear evidence!

01:13:15 is about when it happens. Its very subtle but pay close attention to the left side of the screen. (Im on mobile so im sorry i dont have a timestamped link.) But check 01:13:15 for the hand.

Also you can see Mike called the inital 75 blind. Then he shows veronica the 6 3.

https://youtu.be/hqq-FCkt4Mk

Last edited by Grind On My Mind; 10-09-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Grind On My Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #6754
Turntup74
old hand
 
Turntup74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Floating OOP with 8 high
Posts: 1,783
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Has there been any UB account linked to Postle to back up his "biggest winner on the site" claim?
Turntup74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #6755
DC2LV
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 2,961
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by godeep View Post
Superstar nonsense??! Are u serious? They made a meme no! 10 memes every show. That's how u create a legend or a star artificially and through cheating.

Yeah right. Then u don't know anything about business.

Why all the memes? Do u know how much attraction this Mike Postle brought? And how many player wanted to play there because the saw or heard of the stream?
Weren't you exiled from this thread due to all of your nonsensical posts a couple days ago under penalty of being banned from all of 2+2 if you returned?



ETA: Yep, found it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*R View Post
Ok godeep, you have made your point. I read all your posts and I am now convinced enough that you're trolling the thread and it's getting to the point where you are starting to make the thread cluttered with useless trolling comments.

I have no problem if MP supporters come in here and make reasonable and decent posts. Mike and his supporters have every right to come in and defend him but you're not really doing that,

I don't want you in this thread any longer. Any further posts by you in this thread will result in a permanent ban.

Last edited by DC2LV; 10-09-2019 at 01:31 PM.
DC2LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:28 PM   #6756
PassiveIsBetter
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 318
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt hirschhorn View Post
Edit: A great player that plays high stakes 6mans can have a high VPIP, but to have a VPIP of 63% at full table 1/3 2/5 is just not a thing.
When game is deep you can have a very high VPIP and win big.

Is there any real evidence here? No I guess? Just shitting nice poker room reputation without evidence?
PassiveIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:29 PM   #6757
SemiFreddo
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 172
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

This is a good example for when Mike changes his hat for the commentary booth, commenting on his own play.



You can see that he wears different hats here, either swapped for a similar but different one or he took the stuffing out for the commentary

Link to the session
https://youtu.be/ed90Z6vSVwk?t=15788

edit look at the difference








Last edited by SemiFreddo; 10-09-2019 at 01:39 PM.
SemiFreddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:29 PM   #6758
lawdude
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,305
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

An observation I learned about God mode from watching Postle:

If you are in God mode, it actually can benefit you to play a lot of hands OUT of position. Here's why.

Two of Postle's big moves take advantage of acting first. He will either:

1. Donk a turn or a river with a huge bet to force a fold of a winning/chopping hand or a hand with equity.

-or-

2. Make a small blocking bet that his opponent is unlikely to raise, or that he can fold to if there is a raise, if he is either drawing dead but can't credibly check-fold or is drawing live but doesn't want his opponent to charge him the maximum.

When you are acting last, you can't do these things as effectively. In scenario 1, first, of course, your opponent can shove on you, and second, your opponent can bet enough that even if you raise, your opponent is priced in and has to call your raise.

In scenario 2, when it comes to you, your opponent will have already value bet his hand and set the price. Indeed, many of the most suspicious hands for Postle were scenario 2 hands where he "found hero folds" to big bets while way behind- if he had been out of position rather than in position, he would have made blocking bets and reduced his exposure.

This has interesting theoretical implications, but it makes sense. One of the big advantages of position is you act with information about what your opponents already have. But if you already know that information, it is sometimes advantageous to act first so you can have more control of the pot.
lawdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:37 PM   #6759
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt hirschhorn View Post
It's actually the exact opposite.

He cheated at 1/3 and 2/5 because those players are mostly recreational/degenerate players, if these players go back and watch the stream they are less likely to notice anything suspicious.

Had he truely wanted to be known for this god, first of all bringing more eyes towards you would just be ******ed, but if he did he would've moved up to higher stakes and starting crushing pros, ofcourse he did not do this because of what I just outlined above. He knows these pros would catch him.

This guy cheated at low stakes because he did not want to get famous, nor did he want more eyes on him. You really need to think this **** through before you post this type of stuff.
what are you even talking about? "You really need to think this **** through before you post this type of stuff." I think you should heed your own advice buddy. bc i am not saying what ever the hell your mis-wired brain thinks i am saying.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:40 PM   #6760
tul6700
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiveIsBetter View Post
When game is deep you can have a very high VPIP and win big.

Is there any real evidence here? No I guess? Just shitting nice poker room reputation without evidence?
"When game is deep you can have a very high VPIP and win big".

Being able to win at 1/3 2/5 with a high VPIP is not the point, let me explain and use analogy real quick.

Could you theoretically beat SnGs/Tourneys without ever stealing blinds when your under 12bbs? Sure it's possible, but it is not optimal, what does this have to with Mike? Mike has the greatest win rate of all time over a 300hr sample at 1/3 and 2/5. The greatest low stakes live player of all time should at the very least understand how to play those games optimally, mike does not play 1/3 and 2/5 pre-flop optimally.

Imagine if you found the greatest low stakes SnG player of all-time, and they told you they did not steal blinds, would you not immediately be suspicious? I know I would, and when I see the greatest live low stakes player of all-time with a 63% VPIP at 1/3 2/5, I immediately go......... what the ****.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:40 PM   #6761
Redgrape
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,377
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdodger View Post
No it isn't. Justin has a distinctive sleeve tattoo down to his wrist on one arm. This person does not (having checked stream video as well).
It's 100% not Justin. The absence of a sleeve tattoo proves it.
Redgrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #6762
kdr723
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Mike has direct access to the graphic system that's used for the stream. We can make this conclusion with one video where the graphics are messed up and are displaying only the first two cards scanned as if it were a NLH hand, instead of all 4 cards for the PLO hand they are actually playing (video here).

Assuming the scanners at the table still scan all 4 cards placed over the reader and that the graphics are only wrong because they are just displaying whichever first two cards were scanned (due to the graphics settings for the stream), then we can safely conclude that Mike has someone on the inside (likely on within the crew that handles the streaming, graphics, etc.) sending him or otherwise allowing him direct access to these graphics in real time. I suspect it is in real time, as you can see Mike in the video frantically trying to have his cards scanned, something I haven't seem him do in any other hand.

If he had some sort of device on him that could hijack the table's scanners and display what cards they are seeing on his phone, he would have likely played this hand like his normal cheating self (like a god, confident, not panicking the whole hand). BUT since he didn't, we can assume he does not have any sort of way to hijack the tables scanners.

If anyone can confirm that the dealer at the table doesn't change how many cards it is supped to scan and the the table scanners don't have different game modes, then we now know FOR A FACT that Mike has someone on the inside. This would also explain why Postle's performance suffers whenever Justin Kuraitis is out of town. If he was able to hijack the scanners directly, he wouldn't need an inside man every time, just for the initial setup.
kdr723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #6763
PassiveIsBetter
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 318
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt hirschhorn View Post
The greatest low stakes live player of all time should at the very least understand how to play those games optimally, mike does not play 1/3 and 2/5 pre-flop optimally.
If you are high stakes player and you play live 2/5 optimal is, that your VPIP is huge since you outplay your opponents so hard postflop in deep NL.
PassiveIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #6764
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinzFTW View Post
Imagine being Mike Postle following this thread, and seeing the walls slowly caving in on his entire world. The slow drip of information uncovered, and methods unraveled as each passing day goes by.
Yes, it would not be fun which is why I would guess that he's not even following the thread. He probably buried his head in the sand hoping this will pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
#3 is a huge reason why he cannot play the higher stakes. At some point his monkey shove will be called and then that charade is done
He could just shove wider for value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMalate View Post
I'm 2/3's complete of an analysis of Postle's play during the early streams, the 8 sessions prior to when the "alleged" cheating begins. I couldn't possibly qualify Postle's results, style, or discipline as professional. Out of 32.6 hours of play, 21 that have been closely analyzed, I identified only 3 plays that one might consider advanced and 24 plays that are quite poor for any thinking player. All these instances are identified with timestamps within my work product.
I could classify Postle's style as loose, splashy, fish and occasionally aggressive. He seems to rarely take table position into account, certainly not a deep thinking player. His results over the first 32.6 hours on Stones live are not at all remarkable, he had plenty of run good, and spewed chips at times for apparently no reason.
So what you're saying is that he was playing bad over a 33 hour period. That's never happened to a pro ever (/sarcasm).
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #6765
PhilHelmet
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 178
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
My sister and her husband are lawyers, and they are nothing like this. whats your point?
His point is that all this lawyer talk and arguing about wiping hard drives is totally tangential to the theme of this thread, and, they really should be split off; or just stop already....
PhilHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:50 PM   #6766
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,569
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
#3 is a huge reason why he cannot play the higher stakes. At some point his monkey shove will be called and then that charade is done
It happened a few times in this game. Guys calling river shoves with A-high or JJ on a AAK board. They'd seen enough of the streams to know how he plays.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:50 PM   #6767
garetjaxor
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 34
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 001001 View Post
I wrote a quick OpenCV script to process video frames and detect the same blue straight from the HSV values of the PokerGFX app

It detects these frames ....

I'm going to run it across the entire archive of youtube streams once I know it isn't returning any false positives (it might take a while but the result shoud spit out every stream and every timestamp where this blue color comes up)
Damn why didn't I think of that! I have played with it before too. Great idea.

BTW something very interesting I found last night about the streams- not sure if anyone else has noticed this.

I downloaded a stream because I wanted to try and enhance and zoom in on some phone footage, and when I started looking at it, there was like an extra 15-20 minutes of footage - ie there was a countdown clock until the show started so it was preshow footage.

It was real late, I don't remember if they were using the readers or not, or anything about the footage in particular as that was my stopping point for the night.

This was youtube - so to clarify it appears they set the stuff on youtube to not let you see the preshow footage.

Last edited by garetjaxor; 10-09-2019 at 01:56 PM. Reason: edit
garetjaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:55 PM   #6768
Tintinpoker
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 196
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Anyone knows where is Mike Postle these days? I heard he might be on vacation in Singapore a while ago but not sure.
Tintinpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:55 PM   #6769
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
An observation I learned about God mode from watching Postle:

If you are in God mode, it actually can benefit you to play a lot of hands OUT of position. Here's why.

Two of Postle's big moves take advantage of acting first. He will either:

1. Donk a turn or a river with a huge bet to force a fold of a winning/chopping hand or a hand with equity.

-or-

2. Make a small blocking bet that his opponent is unlikely to raise, or that he can fold to if there is a raise, if he is either drawing dead but can't credibly check-fold or is drawing live but doesn't want his opponent to charge him the maximum.

When you are acting last, you can't do these things as effectively. In scenario 1, first, of course, your opponent can shove on you, and second, your opponent can bet enough that even if you raise, your opponent is priced in and has to call your raise.

In scenario 2, when it comes to you, your opponent will have already value bet his hand and set the price. Indeed, many of the most suspicious hands for Postle were scenario 2 hands where he "found hero folds" to big bets while way behind- if he had been out of position rather than in position, he would have made blocking bets and reduced his exposure.

This has interesting theoretical implications, but it makes sense. One of the big advantages of position is you act with information about what your opponents already have. But if you already know that information, it is sometimes advantageous to act first so you can have more control of the pot.
Very fascinating observation. I knew of course that position went out the window when superusing, but I just assumed superusing IP > superusing OOP. It appears youve made a very compelling case that when superusing, OOP is actually better.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:58 PM   #6770
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilHelmet View Post
His point is that all this lawyer talk and arguing about wiping hard drives is totally tangential to the theme of this thread, and, they really should be split off; or just stop already....
ty for resurfacing post no. 3 in this thread for that substantially profound piece of information. the world is now a better place for what you have done here today
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #6771
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,569
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintinpoker View Post
Anyone knows where is Mike Postle these days? I heard he might be on vacation in Singapore a while ago but not sure.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #6772
garetjaxor
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 34
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 001001 View Post
I wrote a quick OpenCV script to process video frames and detect the same blue straight from the HSV values of the PokerGFX app

It detects these frames ....

I'm going to run it across the entire archive of youtube streams once I know it isn't returning any false positives (it might take a while but the result shoud spit out every stream and every timestamp where this blue color comes up)
Keep us updated on this. You are going to need some massive file storage. How is OpenCV vs Tensorflow for performance? I was thinking about repurposing one of my mining rigs - say a 4 gpu one to try the same thing using Tensorflow for color match or just use its built in object detection.
garetjaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #6773
THAY3R
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
THAY3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Que?
Posts: 36,550
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcolin View Post
Yeah, I get that, I'm just saying, if you were doing something like staring at your phone in your lap suspiciously at a blackjack table in NV, NJ, or CT, regardless of whether you were actually cheating, the pit boss would tap you on your shoulder and you'd go have a talk upstairs with security.

That that didn't occur here is actually kind of surprising. Is Stones just a card room and thus security is a bit more lax?
That's how it is with poker. The casino only cares about the money that they have an interest in. If this was happening in their pit games it would have been snap looked into.
THAY3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:12 PM   #6774
tul6700
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassiveIsBetter View Post
If you are high stakes player and you play live 2/5 optimal is, that your VPIP is huge since you outplay your opponents so hard postflop in deep NL.
Oh ffs I am not going to argue with you, the vast majority of the time having a VPIP of 63% at 1/3 2/5 is not optimal. If you want to have some theoretically situation where your 1/2 table is filled with a bunch of super nitty players that fold 68% on the flop because they missed their pair on the flop ok sure. THIS LITERALLY NEVER HAPPENS AT THESE STAKES.

Mike also was playing with the average 1/3 2/5 player pool you expect to see at these stakes anyways.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:18 PM   #6775
001001
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 45
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjaxor View Post
Keep us updated on this. You are going to need some massive file storage. How is OpenCV vs Tensorflow for performance? I was thinking about repurposing one of my mining rigs - say a 4 gpu one to try the same thing using Tensorflow for color match or just use its built in object detection.
I'm already mirroring all of the YouTube videos onto S3 - for processing i'll probably fire up some GPU spot instances and let it run, just refining the process at the moment to make sure it's working alright enough

not sure re: performance between OpenCV and tensorflow but ony my laptop on CPU it's running at around processing at 8 frames per second so on GPU it might get through the video quickly I hope
001001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive