Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2019, 06:46 PM   #6351
TomHimself
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomHimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oooohhh Kill'em
Posts: 10,252
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

thats the blue on his screen
TomHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:46 PM   #6352
Flartels
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 484
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broeder Tuck View Post
Over 60 pages in and the fact that not more than a handful of people have figured out that Taylor Smith is Mike's inside man here, is a bit mind boggling to me. I think a lot of evidence against Taylor Smith is lost by the numerous posts in this thread. This is why I'm going to try to gather the bits and pieces that have been mentioned in this thread that point in the direction of Taylor.



So if anyone has knowledge of how live poker streams work, it must be Ryan Feldman. He (and many others) clearly state that it's impossible for the graphics guy to know that the 86o that Mike is holding would be wrong and that it's actually 89ss . And we actually know who is doing the graphics that day because you can hear him telling the commentators that the graphics are wrong during the hand: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/365129696?t=02h34m30s

On 2:32:42 you can clearly hear the commentator (Scott) saying the name "Taylor", he's the one telling them the graphics are wrong. This should be a huge red flag since many qualified people tell that it's impossible for him to know that the graphics are wrong.


Regarding the not cheating when Justin's not around: Someone actually pointed out to me a more reasonable explanation. If a colleague/boss goes away on vacation, others have to take over their job functions. This could've been the case for Taylor, that he had to take over a bunch of Justin's work and because of that, he wasn't able to do the graphics for that period of time.


I think it's Taylor. If someone is indeed willing to go through that entire session if the guy in the booth is being addressed by name, that would be handy.
Again very suspicious for the graphics guy to intervene here in an attempt to justify Mike's horrible call. Why would you even bother?


This should be getting waaay more attention, especially regarding the stream on March 16th. This is a stream where Mike is cheating for the majority of the session but surprisingly not when Taylor was in the booth for commentary... Bare in mind the delay, Taylor shows up in commentary booth around 3:15 so Mike's god mode should be turning off around 3:45 (30 mins delay). And you can see it does because there's a nice example at 4:08:00, where Frank the Tank tries to steal the pot with 6 high and succeeds. Godmoding Mike would've always sniffed it out.
Don't forget that this is the same session where this also happened:
https://youtu.be/t59ddLJv6mo?t=9140

It's just another huge red flag for Taylor.


Yes, JFK's and Taylor's booth are separated as you can hear here: https://youtu.be/PX5ccjVEapY?t=5405

This is just after the commentators told that Mike went to Taylor's booth to check out a hand. Taylor was very quick to deny that, I wonder why...
Please note, another session where Mike is superusing and who's doing the graphics? That's right, our boy Taylor. I have yet to see a stream where Mike's cheating and the commentators communicate with someone else than Taylor in the producer booth.


Yes, their booths are separated as mentioned above. Regarding your 2nd condition, I think the "investigation" was the other way around. JFK doing the "investigation". To me JFK just seems like a bit of a fan boy over Mike and a very gullible guy. I don't think it would've been too much work for Mike or Taylor to convince him the cheating allegations were just coming from jealous poker players who are mad at Mike for winning all the money.


Exactly, only when Taylor is in the producer's booth, Mike cheats. If Taylor is doing commentary or being the floorman or something else, Mike magically stops cheating.


It's not coincidental that this stream was around the time that Taylor Smith was doing the WSOP:
https://www.wsop.com/players/profile/?playerid=167887


I agree.


Just quoting this for the lolz.
"Sir, would you mind placing your cards on the rfid reader so I know what the hell you're holding. Just trying to do my work here. Thank you."


I agree. This is why I don't get that not more people are suspecting Taylor.


Very nice find.

To me the 2nd clip shows that Justin isn't on it. Look how Mike is bending over in an attempt to conceal that his phone is between his legs. The way he also slowly takes his hand away from his phone... Very smooth, Mike!

The 3rd clip shows indeed that Taylor Smith was very likely doing the graphics the day Mike changed into a God. Another red flag.
Also, you mention he doesn't seem nervous but the way he touches his nose when he looked at Taylor comes across as trying to be cool. Feels a bit like a bad acting job tbh.



Very nice find. This hand makes it so obvious Mike is working with the graphics guy. The stream is showing J4 but actually the hand was misread and it was JJ. And Mike magically lays down the overpair.

Fun detail: Who is in the booth telling the commentators that the other guy has JJ. That's right, it's our boy Taylor again. At this point, it's just very blatant.


Yeah, it's the consensus of everyone who has ever worked with RFID. There is no other explanation than that the guy doing the graphics that day was helping Mike cheat.



It was Taylor Smith. Case closed.
Great post
Flartels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:46 PM   #6353
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,569
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by St3nsy View Post
Don't know if this has been posted already, but this could explain the blue screen on his phone the time it was seen when he stepped away from the table

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qar90n6teQ
Yeah.

I decided to compare the colors of the graphics software to the shot of Mike's phone.



Here's his phone



Here's the software.

Notice the hue. Saturation and brightness are off, as expected given screen differences, angle of the phone, and lighting. But the hue (H: = the actual color) is almost identical.

Then again I thought maybe all bright blue is that close, so I googled bright blue and picked some shades that looked similar. I got 230 and 247. Interesting that they're that close. Maybe some graphic experts can weigh in on the likelihood of that.

Also notice all the empty space. It looks exactly like what the software looks like in the demo wiiziwiig posted - mostly empty space (where the live camera shots would be) with cards along the edges.

Now that we know that they likely just piped the data out to another party and what the unused streaming feature looks like when you're not actually using GFK to put the actual stream together - that blue screen makes a ton of sense.

Last edited by suzzer99; 10-08-2019 at 07:03 PM.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:47 PM   #6354
TRUSTtheDRAWCESS
old hand
 
TRUSTtheDRAWCESS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: In the streets
Posts: 1,901
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Mike Postle killed JFK?!?!??!??!?!??!?!??!

Wow this goes deep
TRUSTtheDRAWCESS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:47 PM   #6355
EdmontonRounder
adept
 
EdmontonRounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Transcribing glyphs.
Posts: 1,098
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)






I'm sold.
EdmontonRounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:48 PM   #6356
jal300
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 326
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArBar View Post
It's not for withholding. They require your license to note the transaction. I believe it is a federal law as it's happened in most states I've played.
Yes. It's an anti-money laundering process/rule to track large cash transactions.
jal300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #6357
lawdude
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,305
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
Guys John Doe 1 is clearly Justin. They can name Justin by name to bring forth factual evidence such as his tweets while also concealing that he is a suspected accomplice i.e. John Doe 1, so as not to publicly out him before discovery.
That's not right.

The purpose of a Doe defendant in California is to relate back the statute of limitations. I.e., if you and some person I can't identify harm me, I know I am harmed, and I want to discover the identity of your co-conspirator or confirm some facts before I name him in a suit, I might file suit against wiiziwiig and John Doe.

In that situation, my action against John Doe is deemed filed on October 8, 2019, even if by the time I get around to actually naming him, it is after the statute of limitations has run against him.

JFK is named, so there's no reason for him to also be a John Doe. They have sued him with the limitations period.
lawdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #6358
ImAllInNow
Pooh-Bah
 
ImAllInNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,856
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralex14 View Post
Edit: I haven't read the complaint yet and it seems like others are saying Justin is being directly implicated as an accomplice. If that's true, I guess I'm wrong and he's like Deputy Doofy from Scary Movie
There's some evidence that he wasn't involved. But regardless, he was "in charge" and he was an ******* to people who brought up the complaint. So from that perspective, he's at least partially responsible.
ImAllInNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #6359
soapdodger
adept
 
soapdodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: baath time
Posts: 984
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmontonRounder View Post
Can I just be absolutely clear here, is this saying there was a John Doe AND Jane Doe?

If so, it's very clear who they are alleging to be the accomplices (clue it's not Justin OR Taylor OR Lance)

And Berkey has now shown exactly how it was done (although they probably switched up methods later too).
soapdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:52 PM   #6360
IQofTwoPlusTwo
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 492
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

How does one post of erroneous tax information create such a slew of hillbilly tax accountants putting in their 2 cents, no wait 2 cents is too high, worthless opinions. Has anybody here actually ever cashed out chips from a poker game? Anybody got issued a W-2g? Gawd Almighty, next we are going to hear about Wanda's boyfriends cousin and that one time he had to fill out a form at the horse track or something.

And stop with the stupid how do I wipe a computer hard drive stuff. What is the damn point about that conversation? Here - Maybe Stones set their entire computer room on fire and burnt it all to the ground. Discuss.

The first group of lawyers have filed the first of what I am sure are many to come lawsuits. Get out the popcorn and enjoy.
IQofTwoPlusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:52 PM   #6361
butt factory
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 70
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
If this were an episode of CSI, we could zoom in and see perfectly what he had on his screen. Too bad this is the real world, and pixels dont work like that.
Thank you for telling me that CSI is not real. Do you think it's completely irrelevant that Berkey shows the simplest way to stream hole card info to an outside source and the screen looks exactly like a pic of Postle's phone posted in here several days ago captured during a cheating session? Obviously it is not definitive proof of anything but it seems pretty interesting to me and I don't know why you need to be shitty about it.
butt factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #6362
St3nsy
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 24
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Nice work bro!
St3nsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #6363
auralex14
veteran
 
auralex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,030
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAllInNow View Post
There's some evidence that he wasn't involved. But regardless, he was "in charge" and he was an ******* to people who brought up the complaint. So from that perspective, he's at least partially responsible.
100% agree--I'm speaking specifically about direct involvement in Postle's cheating.
auralex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:56 PM   #6364
lawdude
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,305
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdodger View Post
Can I just be absolutely clear here, is this saying there was a John Doe AND Jane Doe?

If so, it's very clear who they are alleging to be the accomplices (clue it's not Justin OR Taylor OR Lance)

And Berkey has now shown exactly how it was done (although they probably switched up methods later too).
John and Jane Doe, or sometimes John Doe and Jane Roe, are just gender-inclusive terms. The legal concept is a "Doe defendant" or "fictitiously named defendant". If you just plead your claim against John Doe, it can still turn out to be a woman.
lawdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:58 PM   #6365
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
That's not right.

The purpose of a Doe defendant in California is to relate back the statute of limitations. I.e., if you and some person I can't identify harm me, I know I am harmed, and I want to discover the identity of your co-conspirator or confirm some facts before I name him in a suit, I might file suit against wiiziwiig and John Doe.

In that situation, my action against John Doe is deemed filed on October 8, 2019, even if by the time I get around to actually naming him, it is after the statute of limitations has run against him.

JFK is named, so there's no reason for him to also be a John Doe. They have sued him with the limitations period.
Im not exactly sure what you mean by "they have sued him with the limitations period". So you're saying John Doe 1 can't be Justin? I guess it must be Taylor then?
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #6366
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butt factory View Post
Thank you for telling me that CSI is not real. Do you think it's completely irrelevant that Berkey shows the simplest way to stream hole card info to an outside source and the screen looks exactly like a pic of Postle's phone posted in here several days ago captured during a cheating session? Obviously it is not definitive proof of anything but it seems pretty interesting to me and I don't know why you need to be shitty about it.
It was a poorly worded joke, it wasn't an attack on you. I think what you posted was very relevant.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #6367
soapdodger
adept
 
soapdodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: baath time
Posts: 984
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
John and Jane Doe, or sometimes John Doe and Jane Roe, are just gender-inclusive terms. The legal concept is a "Doe defendant" or "fictitiously named defendant". If you just plead your claim against John Doe, it can still turn out to be a woman.
Ok thanks, certainly bow to your greater knowledge. Just there's multiple mentions of just John Doe elsewhere, and this passage mentioning both seems to read differently?
soapdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:01 PM   #6368
lawdude
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,305
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
Im not exactly sure what you mean by "they have sued him with the limitations period". So you're saying John Doe 1 can't be Justin? I guess it must be Taylor then?
I'm saying it is likely to be someone other than JFK, because the only reason to include Doe defendants is so that if you later discover co-conspirators, you can include them in the lawsuit without your claims against them being barred by the statute of limitations.

When you name a defendant, you've already satisfied the statute. Plaintiffs suit against JFK is filed as of October 8 (assuming they filed today). So there's no reason to name the same person as a Doe defendant.
lawdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:01 PM   #6369
Michael Buble
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 339
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
Im not exactly sure what you mean by "they have sued him with the limitations period". So you're saying John Doe 1 can't be Justin? I guess it must be Taylor then?
They specifically allege that when Mike didn't cheat it was because the absence of John Doe in the Sacramento area. This rules out Taylor and Justin.

Either might still be guilty, we have no idea what this lawyer is basing his accusations on and if he's correct.
Michael Buble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:02 PM   #6370
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
I'm saying it is likely to be someone other than JFK, because the only reason to include Doe defendants is so that if you later discover co-conspirators, you can include them in the lawsuit without your claims against them being barred by the statute of limitations.

When you name a defendant, you've already satisfied the statute. Plaintiffs suit against JFK is filed as of October 8 (assuming they filed today). So there's no reason to name the same person as a Doe defendant.
ok that makes sense. thanks for the correction.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:05 PM   #6371
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Buble View Post
They specifically allege that when Mike didn't cheat it was because the absence of John Doe in the Sacramento area. This rules out Taylor and Justin.

Either might still be guilty, we have no idea what this lawyer is basing his accusations on and if he's correct.
I thought Justin and Taylor went to the WSOP together, and that's when Mike stopped cheating and didn't play on stream as much.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:06 PM   #6372
ImAllInNow
Pooh-Bah
 
ImAllInNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,856
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I definitely agree that Taylor is implicated in a lot of ways. On the first time that Postle enters god mode, there's a hand where someone's cards aren't read. Right afterwards, Postle is texting someone, and then Taylor comes by and messes with a tablet behind the table. And changes the dealers headphones. Not sure what was happening but seems odd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAw9HiSpG9w&t=13977

But this kinda makes me confused:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broeder Tuck View Post
Very nice find. This hand makes it so obvious Mike is working with the graphics guy. The stream is showing J4 but actually the hand was misread and it was JJ. And Mike magically lays down the overpair.

Fun detail: Who is in the booth telling the commentators that the other guy has JJ. That's right, it's our boy Taylor again. At this point, it's just very blatant.
Why would Taylor say that the opponent had JJ? Wouldn't it make sense to say that the guy bluffed Postle off the best hand? Wouldn't that make the case that he wasn't cheating?
ImAllInNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:06 PM   #6373
ArtyMcFly
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ArtyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Enchantment Under the Sea
Posts: 13,251
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

That gfx software actually makes it easier to see/remember holecards, without needing any live video of the players at all. And that cheating method's latency issues tie in with the extended crotch-staring.
It would be very cool if Berkey could re-do that compelling video, but show the gfx software being streamed on to an i-phone's media player.


Berkey's vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qar...ature=youtu.be

EDIT: A bright blue screen with a few black/white text bits would also be easy for one of the production crew (or Justin) to recognise at a moment's glance, which is why Postle kept it so well hidden.
ArtyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:08 PM   #6374
hratmsu
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 78
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I hope all these lawyers got conflict waivers from their clients. Victoria’s interests are different than people who only played on the channel. She had a prior working relationship with Stones and certainly they will use that against her in an attempt to defeat her claims.
hratmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:09 PM   #6375
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,331
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQofTwoPlusTwo View Post

And stop with the stupid how do I wipe a computer hard drive stuff. What is the damn point about that conversation? Here - Maybe Stones set their entire computer room on fire and burnt it all to the ground. Discuss.

The first group of lawyers have filed the first of what I am sure are many to come lawsuits. Get out the popcorn and enjoy.
+1

God, enough with the harddrive wiping discussion already

Exciting to read the civil suit. I do feel a bit sad that this likely means Stones is going to stoneswall everything communication wise due to the ongoing litigation though, I was hoping they would tweet that they found something out or throw someone under the bus. Very unlikely now. But, hey, the lawsuit is more important so is all cool
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive