Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2019, 03:32 PM   #5526
aeo140
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 4
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
This is the only thing you said that is worth answering.

Cases are a jigsaw puzzle, or a mosaic. They are full of lots of pieces. Some of those pieces are fairly minor in and of themselves. But they fit in with the broader picture.

If someone, say, walked into the "peep room" and saw Postle there, talking to a co-conspirator, it might have meant very little at the time. "Oh that's weird, I didn't know they let players in there."

But now we have all this forensic evidence. And if it coincided with a date and time when God mode was turned on or off, or when Postle switched from his phone to his hat, or some other fact in the case, it could turn out to mean a lot.

So when you say it is "less compelling", you miss the point. Facts fit together. OJ Simpson speeding down the street and running a red light on a summer night in June 1994, as witnessed by Jill Shively, didn't mean very much in the abstract. When it turned out it happened at the exact time and in the exact place as it should have if he was fleeing the murder scene and trying to make it back to an already waiting limo driver who was going to take him to the airport, it means a lot.
QFT.

Thank you for your most insightful posts, lawdude. I think your analysis of how this will unfold is spot on, and tracks close with my own experiences of these sorts of matters.
aeo140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:32 PM   #5527
Eponymous
Photoshop Comic Genius
 
Eponymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: How many letters do we have for thi
Posts: 4,572
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepickems View Post
He stole north of 300k. I would be set for life! to think a slime bucket like him would actually be able to save letalone gross a quarter million dollars you must be out your mind.

I would be happy with 50k and be set for life. tbh

I dont know what planet you are on but they dont call rich ppl rich for a reason. Its not like everyone needs millions of dollars to live. You must be one delusional guy to think the average person/family needs hundreds of thousands to live. Most dont make close to that much money in their entire life.
(emphasis mine)

How are you set for life with $50k? Are you in the working world yet?

In the US, the poverty level for a single individual is $12,490 annually (much higher for a family). That's like a minimum wage job. That alone adds up to making hundreds of thousands in 16 years. And you say most people don't make close to that much money in their entire life? Maybe if they're living in their parents' basement.
Eponymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:33 PM   #5528
lawdude
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,305
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryKane09 View Post
Are there any players who went to see Mac VerStandig who can share what was said?
I hope not. I wouldn't want anyone to blow the lawyer-client privilege.
lawdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:33 PM   #5529
bizkit
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 45
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
This is the only thing you said that is worth answering.

Cases are a jigsaw puzzle, or a mosaic. They are full of lots of pieces. Some of those pieces are fairly minor in and of themselves. But they fit in with the broader picture.

If someone, say, walked into the "peep room" and saw Postle there, talking to a co-conspirator, it might have meant very little at the time. "Oh that's weird, I didn't know they let players in there."

But now we have all this forensic evidence. And if it coincided with a date and time when God mode was turned on or off, or when Postle switched from his phone to his hat, or some other fact in the case, it could turn out to mean a lot.

So when you say it is "less compelling", you miss the point. Facts fit together. OJ Simpson speeding down the street and running a red light on a summer night in June 1994, as witnessed by Jill Shively, didn't mean very much in the abstract. When it turned out it happened at the exact time and in the exact place as it should have if he was fleeing the murder scene and trying to make it back to an already waiting limo driver who was going to take him to the airport, it means a lot.
Good example. Glad the jury got that one right in the criminal case.
bizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #5530
lawdude
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,305
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkit View Post
Good example. Glad the jury got that one right in the criminal case.
That jury was hopeless because of the context of the case, but it's worth noting for various reasons not worth going into here, the prosecution failed to present Shively's testimony.

It was presented in the civil case, though, and was very powerful. Which makes it, yes, a good example.
lawdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #5531
Redgrape
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,377
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Where's the link to the google sheet where Postle results are being compiled?
Redgrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:38 PM   #5532
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 001001 View Post
I only thought about it after I posted in relation to poker and I don't know the answer - I know that when I went up I was found from citations from other published pieces and even in my case even though I was the original source to what was testified at trial it was another expert witness that testified to it rather than myself first-hand

I think anybody giving a concrete answer to this would only be speculating in hypotheticals and I don't believe we'll see it play out
Really? Bill Chen literally wrote the book on "The Mathematics of Poker" and taught a course on it at MIT.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:41 PM   #5533
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opph20 View Post
This is the part that doesn't sit well with me. The commentators were either too stupid to realize his play wasn't logical or they knew something was wrong but didn't say anything because they wanted to benefit from the "God" persona. Which makes them just as bad as Mike if they knew something and didn't say something

Their silence on this speaks volumes

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Get real.

Stop hating on people who were doing a job for 4 hours a few times a month.

Look at the backlash that Veronica received from friends during day 1. She probably also feels guilty that people have lost much needed money from the broadcast too.

It's so easy to play perfect after the river.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:41 PM   #5534
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrape View Post
Where's the link to the google sheet where Postle results are being compiled?
A link is in the first post in the thread.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #5535
Lemon93PCTSure
adept
 
Lemon93PCTSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,005
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Wait
so we are relying on the state to start prosecuting him?
how does that work
Lemon93PCTSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #5536
ArtyMcFly
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ArtyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Enchantment Under the Sea
Posts: 13,251
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind On My Mind View Post
Calling all 2plus2 private investigators...
Found another shot of Mike's phone when leaving the table. What app is he using here? Its a pretty clear shot. Is that just the normal twitch app?
Warning: When viewing this clip it is recommended to use .25 speed or go frame by frame. Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/q_Dza9Z8LMo?t=10180
02:49:39
I've done the screengrab, and can't say for sure, but I would guess it's something like Yahoo's NFL mobile app. I believe that uses the same purple colour. I think Mike is much more careful about covering his phone when he's got something incriminating on it.
ArtyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:43 PM   #5537
DiamondInTheRough
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 12
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

My bad if this has been posted already, but Justin Kuraitis has wiped his YouTube page which previously contained ten innocuous "sober vlogs". This happened within the past day, as it was up on Saturday.

DiamondInTheRough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:43 PM   #5538
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryKane09 View Post
Get real.

Stop hating on people who were doing a job for 4 hours a few times a month.

Look at the backlash that Veronica received from friends during day 1. She probably also feels guilty that people have lost much needed money from the broadcast too.

It's so easy to play perfect after the river.
Most of the people ITT just want someone to hate on because it's fun.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:45 PM   #5539
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRough View Post
My bad if this has been posted already, but Justin Kuraitis has wiped his YouTube page which previously contained ten innocuous "sober vlogs". This happened within the past day, as it was up on Saturday.

Yes, someone posted this. I hope there wasn't anything of importance there.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #5540
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
Yes, someone posted this. I hope there wasn't anything of importance there.
I know that multiple people have downloaded the Stones archive. I'd imagine someone got those too.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:49 PM   #5541
001001
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 45
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
Really? Bill Chen literally wrote the book on "The Mathematics of Poker" and taught a course on it at MIT.
I'm cynical of the entire process because of my own experience - it would depend on what evidence is being supported in testimony. If it's about live streaming and delays and hacking into RFID then Bill Chen might not be the expert.

On the other hand the prosecution might decide Bill Chen doesn't do well on the stand and pick someone else to literally read from his book when it comes to quantitative analysis of win-rates

And then again they may not even use anything Bill Chen is an expert in because it doesn't fit their strategy for the case
001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:51 PM   #5542
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

wait, so i dont get confused, amongst lawdude, bizkit and 001001, which of you are actually licensed attorneys, which of you actually go to court, and which of you just watch too much law and order?
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:51 PM   #5543
Deeperthoughts
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRough View Post
My bad if this has been posted already, but Justin Kuraitis has wiped his YouTube page which previously contained ten innocuous "sober vlogs". This happened within the past day, as it was up on Saturday.

He also wiped his public facebook page. There was a video he shared of Postle losing a big pot (because he was hero called) six months ago that is now long gone. He shared it when allegations were first being made behind the scenes that Postle was a cheat because he seemingly never lost

Last edited by Deeperthoughts; 10-07-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Deeperthoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #5544
Gzesh
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 5,704
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
This is the only thing you said that is worth answering.
...

So when you say it is "less compelling", you miss the point. Facts fit together. OJ Simpson speeding down the street and running a red light on a summer night in June 1994, as witnessed by Jill Shively, didn't mean very much in the abstract. When it turned out it happened at the exact time and in the exact place as it should have if he was fleeing the murder scene and trying to make it back to an already waiting limo driver who was going to take him to the airport, it means a lot.
Bad example, it clearly did not "mean a lot" to that particular jury.
Gzesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:54 PM   #5545
001001
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 45
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
wait, so i dont get confused, amongst lawdude, bizkit and 001001, which one of you are actually licensed attorneys, which of you actually go to court, and which of you just watch too much law and order?
Not an attorney (thankfully), have been to court, have been involved in both civil and federal criminal cases, have spent lots of good money on lawyers as a plaintiff and defendent, have not seen an episode of Law and Order without falling asleep
001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:54 PM   #5546
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,933
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Isn't that destruction of evidence during an investigation? About JFK Facebook and YT.
parisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:58 PM   #5547
rickroll
oddly catty
 
rickroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: serene, serene, puissant, puissant
Posts: 11,012
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

guys... that's not incriminating, dude is catching so much heat that innocent or guilty, he's going to be nuking his entire public profile because that is now forever AIDS and he's probably getting non stop trolling and threats online

I think he's guilty, but this is getting absurd - and we're just in a circle jerk of logical fallacies that conveniently fit narratives - doing this only hurts the case, please stop
rickroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:00 PM   #5548
bizkit
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 45
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
wait, so i dont get confused, amongst lawdude, bizkit and 001001, which of you are actually licensed attorneys, which of you actually go to court, and which of you just watch too much law and order?
I'm not an attorney but I have been court and I have a lawyer I can ask w/e to.

I've watched law and order some but not by choice. It's an awful show really...but I have some family members that like it.
bizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:01 PM   #5549
rickroll
oddly catty
 
rickroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: serene, serene, puissant, puissant
Posts: 11,012
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

and... we all need to remember that this went on for 2 years and nobody could see it until veronica raised her suspicions and then people started looking for it

ie when your not looking for something you don't see it but when you are looking for something, you'll find it even when it's not there - such as believing totally normal behavior like deleting your youtube when you get dozens or hundreds of people insulting you on it each day... nearly all of us would probably do the same thing in his shoes even if we were innocent
rickroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #5550
n00ki5
journeyman
 
n00ki5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 329
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeperthoughts View Post
He also wiped his public facebook page. There was a video he shared of Postle losing a big pot (because he was hero called) six months ago that is now long gone. He shared it when allegations were first being made behind the scenes that Postle was a cheat because he seemingly never lost

This is relevant.

The timing of this post is incredibly suspicious, it's a shame that it has been deleted. Did someone screenshot this?
n00ki5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive