Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #5001
ericvelasquezgm
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Are there cameras in the control room for this? I assume this has been answered but I havenít seen it.

I feel like there should be given how
Important that room is no? If there are then we could probably time up movements between Mike and the person in that room such as text to text or voice to hand movement/reaction from Mike. (By we I mean investigators).

Also, one thing I noticed a lot is every time Mike is in seat 2 he always looks to his 8 oíclock. He does it frequently from other seats as well but itís quite off how often he does it in the middle of a big spot. I get doing it once or twice but looking slightly behind you across the room (I think thatís the commentators and control room area?) is super weird and not something that I find a normal movement while consistently making big decisions.

I know that seems subtle but if you actually put yourself in that setting or situation or even are playing right now think about how weird that is and how unlikely of a movement that would be repeatedly let alone while making big decisions. I only bring that up because of what is in that direction.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ericvelasquezgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:40 PM   #5002
SimpleRick
veteran
 
SimpleRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,483
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
lmao. Account that joined in the past 6 days with 125 posts. Story checks out

Hi Mike or Mike's friend. You guys aren't very bright. Sorry that obvious cheater is obvious
He's not defending Mike, he's defending Joey. You aren't very bright because sarcasm went right over your head. You are making yourself look stupid the more you post.

Is it obvious he cheated? I really thought he might be some kind of god. Not sure yet.
SimpleRick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:43 PM   #5003
garetjaxor
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 34
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvelasquezgm View Post
Are there cameras in the control room for this? I assume this has been answered but I havenít seen it.

I feel like there should be given how
Important that room is no? If there are then we could probably time up movements between Mike and the person in that room such as text to text or voice to hand movement/reaction from Mike. (By we I mean investigators).

Also, one thing I noticed a lot is every time Mike is in seat 2 he always looks to his 8 oíclock. He does it frequently from other seats as well but itís quite off how often he does it in the middle of a big spot. I get doing it once or twice but looking slightly behind you across the room (I think thatís the commentators and control room area?) is super weird and not something that I find a normal movement while consistently making big decisions.

I know that seems subtle but if you actually put yourself in that setting or situation or even are playing right now think about how weird that is and how unlikely of a movement that would be repeatedly let alone while making big decisions. I only bring that up because of what is in that direction.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Veronica was asked this on DNegs podcast from saturday and I believe she didn't think so or wasn't sure, but she did say people had phones out while they were broadcasting live and everyone was in and out of there, leaving their backpacks in there etc.
garetjaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:44 PM   #5004
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleRick View Post
He's not defending Mike, he's defending Joey. You aren't very bright because sarcasm went right over your head. You are making yourself look stupid the more you post.

Is it obvious he cheated? I really thought he might be some kind of god. Not sure yet.
Just in case you didn't notice, hes being sarcastic in his last statement.

*Disclaimer* This post is for the mentally challenged.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:45 PM   #5005
mitsi
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,885
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
lmao. Account that joined in the past 6 days with 125 posts. Story checks out

Hi Mike or Mike's friend. You guys aren't very bright. Sorry that obvious cheater is obvious
Someone has shown up to challenge Suzzer. Its close too
mitsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:46 PM   #5006
PlusEEV
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 71
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://youtu.be/2aGD4FYX9NA

For anyone who might not have seen this video yet. It seems to have identified the exact date Postle started cheating.
PlusEEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:46 PM   #5007
bizkit
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 45
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleRick View Post
He's not defending Mike, he's defending Joey. You aren't very bright because sarcasm went right over your head. You are making yourself look stupid the more you post.

Is it obvious he cheated? I really thought he might be some kind of god. Not sure yet.
Changing my position on Mike to this...it's much "funnier".
bizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:50 PM   #5008
AmazingErvin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AmazingErvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: twitch.tv/amazingervin
Posts: 6,136
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Woooo don't know if this has been posted but starting at 4:47:00 as a comment points out - Postle semisecretly takes some chips and hands them to Justin(Kuraitis, not the commentator Justin) seemingly in exchange for a drink? Actual handoff at 4:47:50...seem off to anyone else?




Same session the QJ turn check/fold to QT on J98x happens half an hour later.

Also - please stop derailing with insults on blankoblanco(perhaps check out who that is first) - he probably just watched 1 min of Joey and missed the sarcasm/isn't happy about this serious topic being presented in such a way that could be misperceived by others.

Last edited by AmazingErvin; 10-06-2019 at 09:58 PM.
AmazingErvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:56 PM   #5009
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,372
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Not that he needs it, but I will defend/support wiiziwiig as being an excellent poster in this thread.

And let's not start critiquing posters based upon post count. Clearly this thread has attracted several new members to 2+2 and several old 2+2 members have been resurrected thanks to this scandal/thread.

New and old members are always welcome here.

whosnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:56 PM   #5010
swivet
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NH
Posts: 103
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjaxor View Post
I think Veronica was asked this on DNegs podcast from saturday and I believe she didn't think so or wasn't sure, but she did say people had phones out while they were broadcasting live and everyone was in and out of there, leaving their backpacks in there etc.
I believe there is confusion when people are using the word 'control room'

There are 2 rooms/areas. I suggest they be referred to as the COMMENTATOR ROOM and the PEEK room (Where the LIVE CARD FEED can be seen.)

I BELIEVE Daniel asked her if she had ever been in the PEEK room, and she said yes, that, when she first started commentating it was a really open area and people used to go in and out of there and leave backpacks, and that later on, it became 'more secure' but she left detail out as to when, how much more secure, etc.
swivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:56 PM   #5011
zica
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 944
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholarry1 View Post
Connecting the way the commentators talk about Postle to them being in on the cheating is tenuous at best. It doesn't sound that different from how people talked about Tom Dwan back in the day
That Tom must be able to see their cards, that he just knows what they have, over and over and over again? No, not at all actually.
zica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:57 PM   #5012
Michael Buble
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 339
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvprof View Post
I am noticing more and more people are starting to veer away from Justin as the inside man but keep having trouble justifying how he loses when Justin is out of town.
Is that any more then one period during WSOP you talk about? Other staff were involved with the WSOP as well either playing or dealing. Thus not a very convincing reason to single out Justin. Moreover superusing continued while Justin was in the Bahama's thus it isn't even true. That doesn't fully exonerate him either ofc.

Quote:
Justin may or may not be in on the cheat. I have gone back and forth for days now. I was 100 percent that he was the guy until I saw the interview he did with Mike. I may be completely wrong and hes just really good at faking it but he seems to totally fan girl over Mike. I think Justin may be clueless to what good poker looks like and thinks what Mike is doing it totally possible. When Justin is out of town they can't run their cheat not because hes out of town but rather whatever the technology they are using to cheat is passing through that changes when Justin leaves. Quickest guess for this would be possibly a laptop that is used to run the stream itself. If it was a laptop that only justin had the password for it would make complete sense. They may have even tried to infect the other device but either couldn't or realized it drastically increases the chances they get caught.
Two more options:
- the insider has to assume some of Justin's tasks meaning he didn't have enough time;
- Justin's replacement behaves less predictable, making colluding from the production room more dangerous.

Both would fully account for the difference when he's away (if that were to be true).
Michael Buble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:59 PM   #5013
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I think thats a case for Justin/JFK not being involved tbh. It only looks like 1 chip so a 5 or a 25.

I often will tip a floor/TD/host if they do a good job. It's def not uncommon.

Also at the some point earlier in the clip Justin the commentator talked about Postle getting dinner. I speculated earlier in the thread that he was prob tipping or buying dinner/drinks for the crew to keep them on side.

Postle def seems the kind of guy who realises that taking care of people here and there can work in you favour in the long run.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:01 PM   #5014
THAY3R
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
THAY3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Que?
Posts: 36,550
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvelasquezgm View Post
Are there cameras in the control room for this? I assume this has been answered but I haven’t seen it.

I feel like there should be given how
Important that room is no? If there are then we could probably time up movements between Mike and the person in that room such as text to text or voice to hand movement/reaction from Mike. (By we I mean investigators).

Also, one thing I noticed a lot is every time Mike is in seat 2 he always looks to his 8 o’clock. He does it frequently from other seats as well but it’s quite off how often he does it in the middle of a big spot. I get doing it once or twice but looking slightly behind you across the room (I think that’s the commentators and control room area?) is super weird and not something that I find a normal movement while consistently making big decisions.

I know that seems subtle but if you actually put yourself in that setting or situation or even are playing right now think about how weird that is and how unlikely of a movement that would be repeatedly let alone while making big decisions. I only bring that up because of what is in that direction.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's been brought forth earlier that if you're trying really hard to listen to something moving your eyes in the direction of the sound helps hearing it
THAY3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:01 PM   #5015
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,297
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Buble View Post
Is that any more then one period during WSOP you talk about? Other staff were involved with the WSOP as well either playing or dealing. Thus not a very convincing reason to single out Justin. Moreover superusing continued while Justin was in the Bahama's thus it isn't even true. That doesn't fully exonerate him either ofc.


Two more options:
- the insider has to assume some of Justin's tasks meaning he didn't have enough time;
- Justin's replacement behaves less predictable, making colluding from the production room more dangerous.

Both would fully account for the difference when he's away (if that were to be true).
Another option is that Justin and someone else are both inside men but I think that's less likely than just one.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:03 PM   #5016
blankoblanco
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blankoblanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,410
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleRick View Post
He's not defending Mike, he's defending Joey. You aren't very bright because sarcasm went right over your head. You are making yourself look stupid the more you post.

Is it obvious he cheated? I really thought he might be some kind of god. Not sure yet.
Holy hell

Maybe he thought he was defending Joey. The fact that Joey has looked over so many ludicrous hands and is still acting like Postle might be innocent and "a God" is NOT a point in Joey's favor at all. That's my entire goddamn point. Joey is the one who's seen enough that he should know without a doubt that the guy is a thief, and he's still doing this "he might be a God" crap.

Doug knows the guy's cheating from less specific evidence because he's better at poker, he can interpret the insane Potripper vs. Postle graph (which is the deathknell on its own), and he has common sense

edit: Seriously. Potripper on UB vs. Postle graph. That it's. That's all you need to see. Only possible argument is that the stats don't reflect all play, but it reflects what we see on stream. The idea that Postle lost this shitload of money that wasn't seen on stream is NOT A POINT IN HIS FAVOR. IT'S YET ANOTHER MASSIVE STRIKE AGAINST HIM. How do I need to explain this to people?
blankoblanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:05 PM   #5017
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext View Post
Not that he needs it, but I will defend/support wiiziwiig as being an excellent poster in this thread.

And let's not start critiquing posters based upon post count. Clearly this thread has attracted several new members to 2+2 and several old 2+2 members have been resurrected thanks to this scandal/thread.

New and old members are always welcome here.

thank you for the support, I will also mention you are an excellent mod, keep up the amazing work.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:05 PM   #5018
Grind On My Mind
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 325
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

So we know the (99.9999999%) cheating started July 18th 2018. Guess what stones did on July 11th 2018.... They had a test stream. Guess when mike Postle played next? July 18th! Why have a test stream when you have been streaming for over 2 years on twitch and i think youtube for as long as well...? Coincidence? I think not!


https://youtu.be/iYcoF4Attts
Grind On My Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:05 PM   #5019
Wild Card
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 356
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternativ View Post
Joey had this interesting theory 4 years ago, Postle keeps repeating he never wanted attention or the spotlight https://youtu.be/-VLkb9aSuI8?t=2137
lol this is brilliant!

So wait, does this mean that Joey superusered the spacetime continuum, to predict 4 years into the future? He even got the name right. Impressive.
Ben86's response is hilarious: 'Yeah F* the Mikes!' lool He knew there would be an interview!
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:05 PM   #5020
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

There is no doubt that Joey and Doug are of the same opinion that Postle was cheating.

He does 5 or 6 hour live streams. Part of the whole 'he is a God' thing is his humour.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:06 PM   #5021
R*R
I wish I was Einstein
 
R*R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Crossfire Hurricane
Posts: 12,513
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
***** my name is David Kang and I am a reg at 10/20 at commerce. Come at me bro. Who the **** are you?

And yea, I'd make a post defending Joey Ingram as Mike or Mikes friend, very intelligent of me.
ok. That's settled.
R*R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #5022
2cunning4yew
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 24
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneHadMore View Post
Hello all Iím new here and this investigation has me intrigued...

I have read a lot of thread but not all. We all can agree that mikes cards being wrong is suspicious because it makes his plays make more since like meekly folding a boat and a nut flush. However, has anyone considered that changing opponents hole cards would be an even better move ?

On the hand quoted - Tbone only has a 69? He leads out pretty big on the flop with just a gutter, then bets out again on turn with 9 high, then on river he tries to bluff the most unbluffable player of all time with 9 high?? His instincts are so wrong that he bluffs of like $2500 in a 2/5 game against a player who always has it and has the nut straight?

I donít know who t bone is but his instincts canít be that bad right? Watch his body language doe he seem like someone who is just totally bluffing the whole way? Nope and he mucks face down.
Hey bud, dusting off my ancient account to tell you that based on your comment I can tell you donít/havenít played much poker. Iíve played 18k+ hours of live poker and I actually play. I donít nit it up and wait for aces. Iíve played a dozen or so live streams with Postle and before I found out he was cheating I thought we had this super meta dynamic(that you clearly wouldnít understand). If you knew anything about ranges youíd know that Iím pretty much the only one her that can rep 98 AND I have a blocker. Two pair+ HAS to fold to this river raise. Also based on our dynamic Postle could be bluffing, in which case this river raise is god damn perfect.

But besides that, what is your screen name? I didnít have more, I had $735 left in my stack after I raised river because I personally think that looks 100x stronger than jamming. If you have any other comments or concerns feel free to contact my secretary and Iíll get back to you in Q3 of 2020.

Cheers

-Tbone
2cunning4yew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:13 PM   #5023
Naismith
journeyman
 
Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 231
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
T-Bone is a GD badass. I wish he had shoved river so he got to scoop the pot.
See above!
Naismith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:14 PM   #5024
TomHimself
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TomHimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oooohhh Kill'em
Posts: 10,252
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind On My Mind View Post
So we know the (99.9999999%) cheating started July 18th 2018. Guess what stones did on July 11th 2018.... They had a test stream. Guess when mike Postle played next? July 18th! Why have a test stream when you have been streaming for over 2 years on twitch and i think youtube for as long as well...? Coincidence? I think not!


https://youtu.be/iYcoF4Attts
interesting
TomHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:16 PM   #5025
AmazingErvin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AmazingErvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: twitch.tv/amazingervin
Posts: 6,136
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryKane09 View Post
I think thats a case for Justin/JFK not being involved tbh. It only looks like 1 chip so a 5 or a 25.

I often will tip a floor/TD/host if they do a good job. It's def not uncommon.

Also at the some point earlier in the clip Justin the commentator talked about Postle getting dinner. I speculated earlier in the thread that he was prob tipping or buying dinner/drinks for the crew to keep them on side.

Postle def seems the kind of guy who realises that taking care of people here and there can work in you favour in the long run.
Sure I've tipped plenty too but Justin's body language just seems...off...to me. I can't make out exactly how much it is but someone else was under the belief it was 2 100's.

This may just be a false positive but the fact that Justin's laptop needs to be around for this to happen does have him close to the top of the suspect list for me. Perhaps some kind of admin permissions only he has. Just think it's worth looking more into him/Taylor than say Lance. There was a video posted with a bunch of the techs so that could help.
AmazingErvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive