Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2019, 07:55 PM   #4951
jal300
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 326
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman109 View Post
It in fact does NOT. I had to call in to the numbers on their website, and go through 2 different layers just to get the correct department name and number. I have few posts here, you can easily check my past posts to see where I posted the phone number and department name. I wasn't looking for info regarding an investigation, there is no way one could have started yet when I first started calling, remember this was only a day after this story broke here. What I WAS looking for was the correct person/department to whom somebody involved in the games at Stones should be calling and punching a complaint WITH - in order to get the ball rolling on a law enforcement investigation into Stones/Postle/et al.

This person with the Enforcement Bureau at California Gaming was the one who couldn't speak English in a manner well enough for me to even convey the initial info about Postle, let alone find out how to have a complaint registered (again, not by me, but by someone involved in the games who was cheated, and who has a legal right to do so) - I'm not being a dick about that, it's just facts. I have a recording of the calls if you really want me to post it...

I'll repeat, this doesn't mean that the agents in the field who'll be investigating will be as incompetent, but as I posted before, others in the gaming business in California have posted in this thread that their dealings with California Gambling has been less than stellar.
http://www.cgcc.ca.gov/?pageID=complaints

Hopefully you obtained consent to record the other party: if I recall, California is a two consent state when it comes to recording phone calls. So yes, please post the recordings!
jal300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:00 PM   #4952
Lunkwill
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 308
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Maybe he's innocent!
Maybe all these allegations by the media are fake news!
In fact, "lots of people are saying" that there's NO COLLUSION between him and the casino! In fact... perhaps the real story is he's so upset about corruption in general that he's actually working WITH the casino the expose corruption of opponents?

Sorry.....I'm watching a LOT of political news coverage.

For those who don't follow my attempt at humor, I apologize.
Seriously, he looks guilty as sin! (And so does Postle)
Lunkwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:03 PM   #4953
Gman109
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 20
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal300 View Post
http://www.cgcc.ca.gov/?pageID=complaints

Hopefully you obtained consent to record the other party: if I recall, California is a two consent state when it comes to recording phone calls. So yes, please post the recordings!
I don't live in California, I live in Canada, and my home Province's laws - where the calls I made were placed from and originated, is the law that applies, not California's. The entire country here is under the single party rule under our Privacy Act when it comes to recording any conversations, either on phones or in person. Nice try though.
Gman109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:03 PM   #4954
Living Abortion
journeyman
 
Living Abortion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: 9th Man Walking
Posts: 270
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipWrecked View Post
I think Veronica has done all any of the commentators could be expected to do. If not more, with the risk she took. Are they supposed to speculate how Postle is cheating, on the stream? They're playing along with JFK's take on how the stream should be done.

Reservations expressed to management were attacked.

Thread should lighten up on the commentators.
I think the vast majority of the community is not upset with Veronica.

However, when you go back and sift through the Postle hands... Hand, after hand, after hand, to sit there and listen to absolutely worthless poker commentary ON TOP of the fact that they are praising EVERY ASININE play this guy makes where he is cleary OOL and they NEVER suspect anything is going on; it gets a little jarring my dude.

The commentary of Stones as a whole is clearly one of the biggest *facepalms I've ever witnessed in poker. Watching them talk about poker was like watching Billy Madison trying to explain rocket science while on whippets.

I do think Veronica did a nice job however.
Living Abortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:05 PM   #4955
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olswang View Post
I am a London based lawyer that had some involvement in the Ivey (Appellant) v Genting Casinos (UK) Ltd t/a Crockfords (Respondent) case.

I'm fascinated by these set of circumstances.

There must necessarily be a confession by Mr Postle and/or accomplice(s) or overwhelming physical or visual evidence for this case to end up in any court of law - certainly in the UK. Simple speculation accompanied by mathematical, statistical and probability charts won't do. Everything I've read in these pages is nothing more than hearsay - in a court of law - in the UK.

In the UK we would have had the premises involved closed, sealed and searched by now. All computer hardware and software seized and all CCTV footage obtained. Many witness statements would already have been taken.

To my mind this is not an internal investigation by Stones this is already a police matter.

Does anybody know the status in respect of this?
Just want to say that posts like these are very valuable, I cant speak to what is going on with the investigation atm, all we know is that Stones is investigating and the owners defense attorney is their "third party" investigator. The poker community has zero faith in the investigation that is taking place at Stones by Stones. Please feel free to chime in with any information, however big or small it may be.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #4956
R*R
I wish I was Einstein
 
R*R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Crossfire Hurricane
Posts: 12,497
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

A new Polk video just posted:

R*R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #4957
Loff
centurion
 
Loff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 137
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

JOEYYYY are we getting another stream tonight?
Loff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:13 PM   #4958
jal300
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 326
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman109 View Post
I don't live in California, I live in Canada, and my home Province's laws - where the calls I made were placed from and originated, is the law that applies, not California's. The entire country here is under the single party rule under our Privacy Act when it comes to recording any conversations, either on phones or in person. Nice try though.
Then you have no problems at all. It was a joke, hence the wink emoji. But since you are all serious about it: it is very possible to break a law in California that is perfectly legal in Canada. All it means is that for the same thing we are talking about (i.e. recording a call) you could be prosecuted in Cali but not be prosecuted for it in Canada. Now, is California going to ask for your extradition for recording a call, probably not. But just because the call originated in Canada does not mean you are free and clear of potentially breaking a Cali law: you're merely free and clear of breaking a Canadian law.

And since your all good legally; again, I'll take you up on your offer. Go ahead and post the recording!
jal300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:17 PM   #4959
Gman109
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 20
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal300 View Post
Then you have no problems at all. It was a joke, hence the wink emoji. But since you are all serious about it: it is very possible to break a law in California that is perfectly legal in Canada. All it means is that for the same thing we are talking about (i.e. recording a call) you could be prosecuted in Cali but not be prosecuted for it in Canada. Now, is California going to ask for your extradition for recording a call, probably not. But just because the call originated in Canada does not mean you are free and clear of potentially breaking a Cali law: you're merely free and clear of breaking a Canadian law.

And since your all good legally; again, I'll take you up on your offer. Go ahead and post the recording!
I will, I'm uploading the 3 calls to my YT channel right now.

There was a New York Supreme Court case that already established inter state and international calls between single and 2/more party States and Countires. Michael Krauss v. Globe International, Inc.,No. 18008-92 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. Sept. 11, 1995). Based on this, I can record Californians or any other 2 party States from my single party country, to my hearts content. This is done all the time, and certainly not the first time this has come up online between here and California/etc.

Last edited by Gman109; 10-06-2019 at 08:22 PM.
Gman109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:30 PM   #4960
jal300
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 326
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman109 View Post
I will, I'm uploading the 3 calls to my YT channel right now.

There was a New York Supreme Court case that already established inter state and international calls between single and 2/more party States and Countires. Michael Krauss v. Globe International, Inc.,No. 18008-92 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. Sept. 11, 1995). Based on this, I can record Californians or any other 2 party States from my single party country, to my hearts content. This is done all the time, and certainly not the first time this has come up online between here and California/etc.
Just stop. Kraus v. Globe was if NY State or Pennsylvania State law applies. And it was determined that NY State law applies because that was where the tort occurred. It has nothing to do with international calls, and would not be relevant to a California court if a resident of California is claiming a tort (wrong doing). But kudo's on your ability to use Google
jal300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:31 PM   #4961
Xenicide
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 223
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Abortion View Post
I think the vast majority of the community is not upset with Veronica.

However, when you go back and sift through the Postle hands... Hand, after hand, after hand, to sit there and listen to absolutely worthless poker commentary ON TOP of the fact that they are praising EVERY ASININE play this guy makes where he is cleary OOL and they NEVER suspect anything is going on; it gets a little jarring my dude.

The commentary of Stones as a whole is clearly one of the biggest *facepalms I've ever witnessed in poker. Watching them talk about poker was like watching Billy Madison trying to explain rocket science while on whippets.

I do think Veronica did a nice job however.
^
This
Xenicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:33 PM   #4962
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*R View Post
A new Polk video just posted:

I saw this as soon as it was posted. Pretty crazy hand. However, I would like to address Doug's call to action about looking into who else was involved. We should be thoughtful and cautious in accusing people of involvement based on loose circumstantial evidence, i.e. commentators justifying crazy plays, guy switching headsets. Don't confuse idiocracy with malicious intent.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:37 PM   #4963
swivet
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NH
Posts: 102
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman109 View Post
I don't live in California, I live in Canada, and my home Province's laws - where the calls I made were placed from and originated, is the law that applies, not California's. The entire country here is under the single party rule under our Privacy Act when it comes to recording any conversations, either on phones or in person. Nice try though.
Ok then....Great! Glad you are in the clear! Please Post them....I'm always interested in the service my gov't's paid employees supply. Thank you for offering!
swivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #4964
PlusEEV
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 71
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_P1 View Post
probability of 1 in 2.49^92. I cannot even begin to fathom how many times you would have to win powerball in a row to get to this probability. Actually you know what f*ck you I’m gonna tell you, the odds of winning powerball is 292million to 1. This guy to do this at a 40bb/100 winrate would be the same as winning the Powerball millions 11 times in a row, this is several orders of magnitude higher than the atoms in the universe. Now please go back to your cave you absolute loser.
Correct me if I’m wrong here but the odds of hitting the Powerball 11 times consecutively is 1 in 292,201,338^11

which is actually 1 in 1,325,879,948,565,063,682,112,987,998,531,225,451, 609,456,180,164,789,275,134,644,162,542,193,134,89 7,718,793,737,037,555,712

That is significantly worse odds than 1 in 2.49^92.

1 in 3^92 = 1 in 78,551,672,112,789,411,833,022,577,315,290,546,060 ,373,041

The odds you listed are like winning the Powerball somewhere around 5 times in a row. I know it doesn’t really take away anything from your point. It’s still madness.
PlusEEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:42 PM   #4965
swivet
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NH
Posts: 102
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*R View Post
A new Polk video just posted:

What is confirmed in this video is that the boof announcers DO have the ability to put memes on the screen....if this was widely known I had missed it......meme dropped after turn card.
swivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:42 PM   #4966
Utopia
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 36
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

From July 30, 2018, believed to be the second ever god mode session:

https://youtu.be/WaWPHGvuqDg?t=1670

Mike pulls his phone out and is seen texting. Then he puts his phone under his crotch with the messaging app still open.

To me, this confirms without a doubt that this was at the very least a two man operation. Looks like somebody in the back was simply texting him info. They may have gotten more sophisticated over time.

WHO HAD ACCESS TO HOLE CARD INFO ON THIS NIGHT?

Edit: I should have watched for 5 more seconds. He pulls it out again very soon after, so I guess it's not conclusive that this was the method.

Last edited by Utopia; 10-06-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:44 PM   #4967
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Abortion View Post
I think the vast majority of the community is not upset with Veronica.

However, when you go back and sift through the Postle hands... Hand, after hand, after hand, to sit there and listen to absolutely worthless poker commentary ON TOP of the fact that they are praising EVERY ASININE play this guy makes where he is cleary OOL and they NEVER suspect anything is going on; it gets a little jarring my dude.

The commentary of Stones as a whole is clearly one of the biggest *facepalms I've ever witnessed in poker. Watching them talk about poker was like watching Billy Madison trying to explain rocket science while on whippets.

I do think Veronica did a nice job however.
What are the prereqs for being a commentator on a small livestream avging 100 watchers? If you were a good player, pretty sure you wouldn't want to commentate on a 5/5 stream with 100 viewers as you could be making a ton more playing yourself. The only live commentator I respect is the guy who works for Triton, that guy knows what hes talking about, but hes commentating on the biggest cash games to date in the biggest pots to date. The dumbass commentary can all be chalked up to the company culture that Justin has created. I do not think that commentators are involved bc you do not need them to be involved. Why give a guy a piece of the pie, if all you have is that they justify his crazy plays, its just not enough to make them complicit.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:46 PM   #4968
SuitedJunk
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,682
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Well.... I was thinking of going to Stones for the next Moneymaker thing... hope it moves somewhere else...
SuitedJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:47 PM   #4969
jal300
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 326
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlusEEV View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong here but the odds of hitting the Powerball 11 times consecutively is 1 in 292,201,338^11

which is actually 1 in 1,325,879,948,565,063,682,112,987,998,531,225,451, 609,456,180,164,789,275,134,644,162,542,193,134,89 7,718,793,737,037,555,712

That is significantly worse odds than 1 in 2.49^92.

1 in 3^92 = 1 in 78,551,672,112,789,411,833,022,577,315,290,546,060 ,373,041

The odds you listed are like winning the Powerball somewhere around 5 times in a row. I know it doesn’t really take away anything from your point. It’s still madness.
Lol! How wide did you need to make the Excel cell to see all them decimal places: guessing you have one of them ultra wide monitors
jal300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:50 PM   #4970
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swivet View Post
What is confirmed in this video is that the boof announcers DO have the ability to put memes on the screen....if this was widely known I had missed it......meme dropped after turn card.
yea who else is putting the memes on the stream in sync with what is said verbally. they click a button to place a meme up, just like a radio person would press a button to generate a sound byte. Where is the crime? Distasteful, yes... criminal, no.

If the boss creates an atmosphere and company culture, the people he hires will follow. He would hire people that would follow him. An elementary understanding of human behavior and business would make this clear.
wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:50 PM   #4971
momentaryblip
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 274
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Say MP did go on LaTB... (obviously will never happen but...)
Can you imagine how awkwardAF that would be?
momentaryblip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:52 PM   #4972
bizkit
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 45
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by namisgr11 View Post
It's already been posted days ago. His approximate total winnings and approximate number of hands played were used to estimate his win rate in bbs per 100 hands. It's Potripper territory.
I've heard the number as low as 200 bb/100 and as high as 1000 bb/100. There's a huge gap between the two. Additionally, approximate total winnings that don't take into account re-buys or add-ons is going to skew the win rate substantially.

Also, we have limited to no live win rate data points of players to go on so how is someone "calculating" and coming to this conclusion:

Quote:
Q: How statistically deviant is his play?
A: Very. Some calculations put it as more unlikely than 1 to the number of atoms in the universe
bizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:53 PM   #4973
PlusEEV
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 71
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal300 View Post
Lol! How wide did you need to make the Excel cell to see all them decimal places: guessing you have one of them ultra wide monitors
I actually used a big number calculator I found on the web. The stupid thing wouldn’t give me the long answer when I typed in 2.49^92 thats why I just rounded up to 3. Close enough lol. Just wanted to showcase how vastly different the odds are for 11 consecutive powerballs and 5 consecutive powerballs. Astronomical.

Last edited by PlusEEV; 10-06-2019 at 08:59 PM.
PlusEEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #4974
FlapJacks316
grinder
 
FlapJacks316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 448
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Is there really any universe where , if this was done by more than just Mike Postle, others from the team let him go on a podcast with Mike Matusow and spew all that garbage without even denying the allegations? It's obvious no one was telling him to calm down with the dumb obv super user plays. If it was a team, they can not all be this stupid.

Last edited by FlapJacks316; 10-06-2019 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Mike Postle is a cheater
FlapJacks316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:55 PM   #4975
blankoblanco
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blankoblanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,410
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*R View Post
A new Polk video just posted:

I'm glad Doug isn't even suggesting any pretense of the possibility of Postle's innocence at this point. It's just a matter of "who's involved."

I think Joey has been kind of irresponsible in all the stupid "maybe he's just a God!" crap. Unless you're clueless about poker and stats, which I'm sure Joey isn't, you know he's guilty. He just is. We're going to pretend a 99.99% (plus however many more 9s) statistical outlier and then 15 other bizarre coincidences should be a remotely realistic consideration? No. It isn't. That's not how it works. We have the poker math equivalent of DNA evidence. If this isn't proven guilty then no evidence on earth can ever truly prove anyone guilty again. I mean, we live in a world where deepfake videos are possible. People can make false confessions. Etc. etc.

All this "maybe he's just a God!!" memeing from Joey is such a slap in the face to all the people who've been robbed. Robbed. Mike Postle is a thief. None of this is funny. It's disgusting and a black eye on the poker community
blankoblanco is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive