Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2019, 12:02 PM   #4701
coach999
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: My basement
Posts: 1,155
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javoc View Post
He will probably be pronounced innocent, because too many people are involved and don't want to go down with postle when postle rats them out if he goes down. So they are using all their stolen and non-stolen resources to defend him. So sick. I would be content if they just threw him under the bus alone, but that probably wont happen - he is using is ability to rat as a safety net. This is what it is.
Pronounced innocent by whom? By his cheating buddies? I don't give a **** what they say, we see that he's guilty and that's what counts! And he'll be proven guilty by independent investigators, that's for sure also.
coach999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:02 PM   #4702
Upsman74
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 34
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javoc View Post
He will probably be pronounced innocent, because too many people are involved and don't want to go down with postle when postle rats them out if he goes down. So they are using all their stolen and non-stolen resources to defend him. So sick. I would be content if they just threw him under the bus alone, but that probably wont happen - he is using is ability to rat as a safety net. This is what it is.
Casey Anthony and OJ are walking around. I have zero confidence Postle will face any repercussions here
Upsman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:03 PM   #4703
Eponymous
Photoshop Comic Genius
 
Eponymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: How many letters do we have for thi
Posts: 4,572
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryg1 View Post
1. Were there any security cameras over this game that could zoom in on whatever Mike was watching on his phone? I assume he and his accomplice made it so anyone looking at his screen couldn’t immediately decipher the information, but if the casino didn’t get that information, they were very negligent.
Stones Gambling Hall should be pressured to release any relevant security camera footage they have on him/his phone for transparency, especially given how they botched their first "investigation".

Perhaps someone with your stature suggesting this directly to them or more visibly (than buried in the middle of this thread), such as a tweet from your account, could make this happen.
Eponymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:04 PM   #4704
Javoc
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 254
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach999 View Post
Pronounced innocent by whom? By his cheating buddies? I don't give a **** what they say, we see that he's guilty and that's what counts! And he'll be proven guilty by independent investigators, that's for sure also.
Most of us hope so coach. It is not good for Poker if he is let off.
Javoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:11 PM   #4705
Eponymous
Photoshop Comic Genius
 
Eponymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: How many letters do we have for thi
Posts: 4,572
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocked View Post
It's not that hard. I can memorize all my 5 cards in BigO in a matter of seconds without looking back twice. With practice, can't be that hard to memorize 2-4 pairs of 2 cards from opponents.

Esp. if theories are that he learned morse code, then this isn't even challenging.
Perhaps it's not that hard, but it's much easier to not have to remember if you don't have to. You see people glancing back at their own hole cards all the time, so just because it's easy to remember with practice doesn't mean he'd put the effort into doing so.
Eponymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #4706
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchinio View Post
Let's (rightly) assume he has been cheating, now the cat is out of the bag isn't he just going to disappear and stop playing?
Not at all. Why would he? He'll disappear off the stream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleRick View Post
He's definitely done in the poker world and his name is dirt in the real world too, but hopefully he and any co-conspirators go to jail.
Why would you say such a thing? If he doesn't go to jail he's not done. Cheaters generally don't go away and it's not like he is now set for life based on what he stole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvis View Post
If you've read enough of these threads you know the scammer always gets away with it without any consequences. They never get fined, are put in jail or are found a week later in a river.
This is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiFreddo View Post
I can't believe nobody at that table for several months caught on on this and grabbed his hat of his head to reveal the shenanigans. The person who outed brought this to light should have done that to find the smoking gun.
Nobody suspected he was cheating through a bone conduction headset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMark821 View Post
In this video, at 3:21:00, you can see him pull out his phone from his pants pocket and put it in-between his legs.
https://youtu.be/WaWPHGvuqDg?t=12060

Two minutes later, at 3:23:00, in the same video, he is only able to make a hero call on the river after he looks down between his legs at his phone.. (This is how he knows what the other player's cards are)
https://youtu.be/WaWPHGvuqDg?t=12180
This is a great find. Since this is early on he was probably not as adept at hiding what he was doing. The way he looked down at his phone this time was extra lol obvious.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Themadmonk View Post
Most casinos i know have a lot of security,try stealing a penny off them and see how you get on.
Yet if mike p was cheating,and it went on for months,they didnt pick up on it,or do anything about it.
Imagine he was doing that at blackjack (winning big for months or years) do you think the casino wouldnt be all over him ,investagating every play he made ?.
True, I know of multiple players who have stolen chips off other players stacks in a casino and they were just given a 24 hr ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swivet View Post
From a Vegas Vlogger Video....some inside And outside the Stones booth footage from 9-29(?)

https://youtu.be/Bv58ycuTV-o?t=410
That's not just any Vegas vlogger. That's the OG trooper.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman109 View Post
Mike Postle has claimed that Stones is a very small fraction of his playing time, and specifically named FOUR other semi-local places he plays.

Why do those other 4 places NOT have a huge "hero" persona built up around Postle, like Stones Streaming games do? He has special nicknames like "the Apostle", and is SO good and has such a HUGE reputation that they make memes out of his greatness, making him either "Jesus", the "Messiah", or "The Devil". Shouldn't has playing ability and style yield similar results RIGHT ACROSS THE BOARD, at every place he regularly plays?
This is really easy to defend. It's because Stones Casino had a specific goal of giving Mike Postle this hero persona. Mike Postle claims to not be interested in any of those accolades. He claims he just wants to play poker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwag View Post
Love this hand he played against a vlogger. Mike folds KK on turn because he can see (incorrect fold?) and K ball comes on river. This proves mike is a cheater and also doesn't know runout. The commentator says "Mike Correctly folds KK on turn".

It proves that he didn't know the runout in this particular hand. Also, I would note he's in a seat that he typically doesn't sit in.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:15 PM   #4707
kiddo1987
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 144
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsman74 View Post
I wonder how much sleep Mikey is getting these days
He said he hadn’t slept since the accusations first came out whenever he recorded his interview with Matusow.
kiddo1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #4708
Upsman74
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 34
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddo1987 View Post
He said he hadn’t slept since the accusations first came out whenever he recorded his interview with Matusow.
If he were innocent he’d be sleeping just fine.
Upsman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #4709
Shocked
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 136
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Beginning of interview: Says he hasn't been reading all the stuff online said about him over the past few days.
Middle of interview: Proceeds to list off every theory ever stated online about him over the past few days.
Shocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:18 PM   #4710
tgiggity
Pooh-Bah
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5,573
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
This is really easy to defend. It's because Stones Casino had a specific goal of giving Mike Postle this hero persona. Mike Postle claims to not be interested in any of those accolades. He claims he just wants to play poker.
His whole "I don't like attention" argument is bullshit. On Stones Live you choose which name you want displayed for you (the TD comes around and takes your picture and asks what you want your display name to be on stream) - so when he's Postle Clause or APostle or any other stupid attention whoring name it's because he specifically asked for it.
tgiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:18 PM   #4711
Vagine
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: I Blame Your Mother
Posts: 342
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocked View Post
If Postle is using his phone to look at other peoples' cards, why would he need to stare at the phone repeatedly throughout the hand, instead of just look at the phone once and memorize their cards?
One theory is he is only receiving simple messages rather than individual hole-cards. Example, simple codes that indicates if he is ahead, behind. So he needs to check his phone every turn.
Vagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:21 PM   #4712
Upsman74
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 34
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

The people doing the investigation MUST include some professional poker players so they can talk about how impossible it is the way he’s playing these hands. If this is just a bunch of people looking for devices he’s gonna get off.
Upsman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:21 PM   #4713
gotgot123
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,847
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsman74 View Post
If he were innocent he’d be sleeping just fine.
lol no
gotgot123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:24 PM   #4714
pokerjulz
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
He's not gesturing towards the camera here, he's talking to someone in the room
I believe 100% that he is a cheater. The evidence is unsurmountable (IMO). But him being upset here looks more like he just lost money on a sports bet.
pokerjulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #4715
blankoblanco
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blankoblanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,410
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Every time I read the phrase "if he's innocent" I get triggered

Please listen to the people who understand poker and have combed over dozens of hours of his play. He's guilty. Innocence is just not a remote goddamn possibility. My god, if Postle's dot on the Potripper graph doesn't tell you that literally by itself, then you don't understand what you're looking at. He's statistically proven guilty. Nevermind how obviously guilty he is in so many other ways

All that matters is if we'll get a real confession or not
blankoblanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #4716
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,920
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsman74 View Post
If he were innocent he’d be sleeping just fine.
Not really, my anger was 22 hours a day at its peak.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #4717
Lemon93PCTSure
adept
 
Lemon93PCTSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,005
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotgot123 View Post
lol no
This. You can't make any conclusions based on his demeanor or be folly to think you can. In fact Judges, even CIA agents are generally statistically horrible at figuring out who's guilty or lying. And it'd be totally natural for an innocent person to lose sleep over this also.

Often it HURTS to meet the person and look for secondary patterns, (just ask western leaders that met with Hitler, believed he was a stand up guy and that he wouldn't step out of his boundaries and start a war)


Let's stick to the hard evidence, and feels like now all that remains is to fill in some details, get evidence on conspirators and concrete proofs and or direct witnesses

And then move it to law?
Lemon93PCTSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:36 PM   #4718
SemiFreddo
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 172
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

the changing graphics situation is very implicating
and for sure indicated more people are involved

this is a nice piece on it

https://youtu.be/c-tn_g2wcRc?t=1656
SemiFreddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:38 PM   #4719
tul6700
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javoc View Post
Most of us hope so coach. It is not good for Poker if he is let off.
I think with the current evidence he could lose in a civil court.

Criminally is the issue, we need physical evidence phones/text/manipulation of the stream/RFID manipulation. Mathematical improbability and looking down at his crotch is not going to be enough for a criminal case.

Matt berkey and the live change of the whole cards might be the strongest evidence, matt is very educated about RFID and he has essentially said it is impossible for the cards to change live like that without the individual in the back being notified that the cards are being read incorrectly, this might be the smoking gun. I think this individual is in on it and he manipulated the cards live because the hand would've looked way too suspcious had he not done so.

Last edited by tul6700; 10-06-2019 at 12:57 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #4720
GeoffRas22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GeoffRas22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Please God, let this be it...
Posts: 40,148
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
Every time I read the phrase "if he's innocent" I get triggered

Please listen to the people who understand poker and have combed over dozens of hours of his play. He's guilty. Innocence is just not a remote goddamn possibility. My god, if Postle's dot on the Potripper graph doesn't tell you that literally by itself, then you don't understand what you're looking at. He's statistically proven guilty. Nevermind how obviously guilty he is in so many other ways

All that matters is if we'll get a real confession or not
Yep. I was gonna post that the only thing funnier than the group of characters on "Team Postle" is the idea that they/he believe if he is deemed "innocent" by this investigation that will be some aha moment and that will be the end of it. It's impossible he's not guilty. And whatever happens here this will not be the end of it. Unless this investigation leads to an Adam Silver like dropping of the hammer and everyone involved is outed.

The funniest thing is if these people (Stones/investigators) had any brains they'd realize the best thing they can do is end this as quick as possible. But they're too arrogant/stupid. Which is why we're here in the first place. To them they actually think there's a chance they can just put this behind them and move on. All a "clearing" of Postle's name by this independent investigation would do is bring more people into the colluded mix.
GeoffRas22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:44 PM   #4721
Upsman74
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 34
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Scott Van Pelt made the best analogy when he said imagine playing pickup basketball with a guy that missed a shot like once every couple years. He’d be playing in the NBA. Why is Postle only playing in Stone streams when he could be cleaning up in Vegas.
Upsman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:48 PM   #4722
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsman74 View Post
Scott Van Pelt made the best analogy when he said imagine playing pickup basketball with a guy that missed a shot like once every couple years. He’d be playing in the NBA. Why is Postle only playing in Stone streams when he could be cleaning up in Vegas.
He's already defended this. He has to stay close to Sacramento (how close? no clue) due to court order so the mother of his child can exercise her visitation rights. He isn't looking for the limelight. He prefers the soft games at Stones over a game with a bunch of pros. Game selection is extremely important to him (he made it sound like his entire career was built upon leeching money from terrible players). He's not looking for the most money or to put in the most hours. He is very happy making just enough to get by and support his family and take vacations.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #4723
DevoGKT
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 162
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I wish we could fast forward to the conclusion of what happens to him if anything. This waiting period is gonna suck and everyday will be slower and slower of new information soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
DevoGKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:59 PM   #4724
biggetje
veteran
 
biggetje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,911
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsman74 View Post
Scott Van Pelt made the best analogy when he said imagine playing pickup basketball with a guy that missed a shot like once every couple years. He’d be playing in the NBA. Why is Postle only playing in Stone streams when he could be cleaning up in Vegas.
How is that a good analogy at all . Does the height of the ring change in NBA vs. pickup basketball? Is there money to be lost by trying out for the NBA?

I don't get why weak arguments like "BuT wHy IsN't He MoViNg Up?" are necessary when there's a TON of much more incriminating evidence out there.
biggetje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:03 PM   #4725
Shocked
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 136
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
He's already defended this. He has to stay close to Sacramento (how close? no clue) due to court order so the mother of his child can exercise her visitation rights.
He stated he has to stay in California. Though I know plenty of people that have full custody who travel out of state for work.
Shocked is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive