Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2019, 08:50 AM   #326
ukbilly
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Inside several personalities.
Posts: 1,866
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Seems crazy someone would go to all that trouble to beat a relatively small stakes game.
I cant make my mind up if he is guilty or not, but some of those hands are crazy.
ukbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:53 AM   #327
Badreg2017
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,900
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

So no proof that he “beasted durrr”. No proof that he beasted anything outside of the live stream. And even if did, that doesn’t show that he didn’t cheat here. No explanation for the batshit plays like cold calling a cold 4 bet with 63 or whatever the **** this was at 41 minutes: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0vaF0k...ature=youtu.be

It seems like every third hand on the stream he does something that literally no other winning player would regularly do but it’s exactly what they would do if they knew their opponent’s hole cards. He’s just on another level and we are just haters. Got it.

Without cherry picking, if you posted his hand histories for an entire session, you realize everyone would assume he’s a massive whale right? The only way these plays make sense is if he knows his opponents cards or he is terrible. And every time he does these spazz bluffs his opponents just happen to be weak? He never punts into the nuts or the top of their range? Truly amazing.

I have all sorts of exploits in live poker that might look spazzy but make sense, but every now and then I’ll run into nutted hands, but your guy is flawless! It’s unbelievable, truly.

Last edited by Badreg2017; 10-01-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:54 AM   #328
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 1,144
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Can anyone find a hand where he makes a huge hero call OTR and is wrong? Surely there's at least 1
ejames209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:57 AM   #329
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 1,144
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbilly View Post
Seems crazy someone would go to all that trouble to beat a relatively small stakes game.
I cant make my mind up if he is guilty or not, but some of those hands are crazy.
I think being it's a "small stakes" (the 5/5 game often plays more like 10/20 cause stacks are infinitely deep) game would be the best targets if I was going to cheat. Lower radar (stones gets like 100 viewers on twitch at peak times)
ejames209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:58 AM   #330
no_regrets
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 84
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

At this point the evidence that he cheated seems pretty overwhelming.

In my opinion the most damning part is that he apparently was involved in setting up the stream, then deleted his LinkedIn page referencing that after the accusation from Veronica.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
no_regrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:59 AM   #331
Halo_P1
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 104
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_P1 View Post
https://twitter.com/DoItForTheLads/s...567552/photo/1



Posted this to Joey and Haralabob on Twitter.

I present to the jury, the means, but not necessarily the method.

This is the only time I could see where he was impromptly interrupted during "crotch thing episode" caught this frame in ironically one of the most shared suspected videos- he was very reluctant to being whisked away from the table by the hostess in that moment.

I think there's no point in going into how ridiculous the hands are anymore, we should be looking for more actual evidence, not more insanely -eV whalestyle plays that seem to print. I think that this exact phone needs to be found and looked at. I think there's ways of phone operators to see what messages are being sent in a criminal investigation at the time this occurred. Because the one abnormal thing Ive noticed is that this dude always has his left hand in his crotch/ looking into his lap in big pots.

They need to get their hands on that phone.
Halo_P1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:01 AM   #332
Hillbomber
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 26
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
So you've already gone from "the haters are just jealous losers" to "these high stakes pros don't even know him?"

Your arguments are making it worse for him. The best lag in the world won't make 80% of correct decisions on the river because they're playing against a range and sometimes run into the top of it or sometimes unfortunately the opponent is at the bottom of it. That Mike literally plays every river perfect vs the exact holding his opponent has doesn't trouble you at all? Really?

Coming into this thread and labeling him as a savant who never makes any mistakes because he's too good yet plays 1/3 and 5/5 is uh, interesting.
Joey Ingram a high stakes pro?? 😂😂
I never said the jealous thing you quoted. You need to quote made up stuff to better your argument?
Who said mike plays every hand perfect?? I know people whoíve stacked him and wonít lots of money off of him. He doesnít always win, nobody does.
To your best LAG argument: The best lags in the world arenít playing against players as weak as mike is. Itís not like heís beasting winning players. Heís running over TERRIBLE players. How is that suspicious?
He doesnít play bigger because there isnít bigger where he lives. Maybe he has a family and isnít a traveling pro. Out in Sacramento, those are the biggest games at the best place to play. That 1/3 game plays like 5/10+ so not really your average 300$ cap game.
Again, I have nothing to gain defending him. I just donít like bullies and keyboard warriors. If Joey Ingram got this many people thinking that I was a cheater, heíd be facing a massive lawsuit for defamation of character as well as getting his face smashed.
Hillbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:02 AM   #333
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 1,144
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Mike Postle vs Linus HU when?????
ejames209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:08 AM   #334
ukbilly
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Inside several personalities.
Posts: 1,866
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejames209 View Post
I think being it's a "small stakes" (the 5/5 game often plays more like 10/20 cause stacks are infinitely deep) game would be the best targets if I was going to cheat. Lower radar (stones gets like 100 viewers on twitch at peak times)
Yeah I see your point, just seems like a lot of trouble for relatively little reward.
ukbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:10 AM   #335
martinmarto
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 154
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbomber View Post
I do not know him well and Iím not claiming 100% that heís NOT cheating but I just find it hard to believe. Cheating in that many different casinos and formats in tournaments and cash games, online and live, seems hard to believe. It seems way more likely he is a beast.
Iím not defending him because I know him or have anything to gain.
I donít need to explain myself but I will because what you all are doing is wrong. If you are wrong about this, do you realize the damage that these false accusations can do??
Iím up this early because I went to bed at 8pm. I woke and got on YouTube to see joeys stream and watched a bit to get the gist and came here and recovered a password after not using this account in probably 8+ years.
I donít know his overall tourney results... just the one series we played together where we both cashed 6 times or so in the series and won/chppped a couple each. That was the one time Iíve met the guy and I got the impression that he was very intelligent and thought about the game WAY differently that most professionals.
Iíve seen most of the Ďsuspectí hands and there is nothing that convincing to me personally. Is that proof heís not, of course not. But is there any proof that he is?
Debate is fine and all but once you start making life ruining accusations with no proof or witnesses whatsoever, I feel the need to come in and defend the guy.

Yeah Iím not active on 2+2 but Iíve played for a living for 15 years as well. Iím no bum. Iíve played with the best both live and online. Iíve scouted out some of the most talented players before they were anybody, mainly due to their unorthodox play and outside the box thinking.... and Mike Postle hit me as one of those players when we met and seeing his play on stream.
I could be wrong and Iíll feel duped but this is my strong read and opinion. Everyone is entitled to one without getting strung up by the mob right?
Stfu Mike cheating scum
martinmarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:13 AM   #336
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 1,144
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbilly View Post
Yeah I see your point, just seems like a lot of trouble for relatively little reward.
I think it depends on what you consider to be little reward. He is almost certainly making 100k/year from the 5/5 game alone

Btw I noticed in one hand he stared down at his lap for a minute and fiddled with his cards before looking at his cards and then folding. Almost like he was preparing to look at his cards for whatever reason, but it took way longer for him to actually peel the cards, which tells me something in his lap was distracting his attention.
ejames209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #337
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,324
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbilly View Post
Seems crazy someone would go to all that trouble to beat a relatively small stakes game.
I cant make my mind up if he is guilty or not, but some of those hands are crazy.
He's up way into the $100k+ range from that game. People do a lot worse for a lot less.

Do remember, if he's cheating it's (likely) from getting input from the RFID room or the company which set it up, at least an insider somehow. So it's not like he could simply take this cheating to another casino with larger games and win more.
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:23 AM   #338
asa
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 654
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...0&postcount=48

in every one of the hands joey posted he looks deep into his lap for a long time atleast once early on, usually while 'checking' his cards. it's not clear if his cards are even moving sometimes, or if he could even see them at that angle anyway.
asa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:26 AM   #339
ukbilly
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Inside several personalities.
Posts: 1,866
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejames209 View Post
I think it depends on what you consider to be little reward. He is almost certainly making 100k/year from the 5/5 game alone

Btw I noticed in one hand he stared down at his lap for a minute and fiddled with his cards before looking at his cards and then folding. Almost like he was preparing to look at his cards for whatever reason, but it took way longer for him to actually peel the cards, which tells me something in his lap was distracting his attention.
Ok that is way more than I thought, the looking at his phone looks bad as does the fact he deleted his LinkedIn page.
ukbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #340
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 1,144
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

If this man is not cheating we need to start a gofundme to get this guy on every Poker go cash game there is

Edit: he folded AK on K83hhx vs 88 for 100bb hahahahah

Last edited by ejames209; 10-01-2019 at 09:54 AM.
ejames209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:56 AM   #341
bobboufl11
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bobboufl11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,311
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I think the winrate, especially with that VPIP, is the most damning
bobboufl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:59 AM   #342
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,324
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobboufl11 View Post
I think the winrate, especially with that VPIP, is the most damning
naaaaaaaaah

Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:04 AM   #343
samcx
Pooh-Bah
 
samcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,280
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

No doubt that he's cheating, in several hands such as 88 v TT you can see him look down & his left arm/hand is actively doing something - he's using a phone & looks down at it all the time while in hands. He says the RFID "messed up" that hand, it seems to have done that three times - all when Mike made super suspect plays and he's the only one who can vouch for it.. weird that.

Scary thing is how people are defending him/still unsure when the evidence is right in front of them, the guy is not even trying to hide it. Imagine if someone smart did this/has done this? They'd never be accused because of the backlash against the accuser. WP to Veronica if she was the one who brought it to everyone's attention. All it would have taken is for him to lose a couple of stacks and the heat would have died down, how greedy can you get?

Last edited by samcx; 10-01-2019 at 10:16 AM.
samcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #344
enzet
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,264
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

if someone has enough time to do a stat would be helpful how many times he folded postflop on this live streamed table at ANY street with the best hand and what frequency he called the river while being behind. i'd not be suprised if both number were around 0-5%.

that's basicly real evidence of superusing in a big enough sample.

ps.: well, he called the AQ flush and 88 full house hands, talking about real decisions when he had a bluffcatcher or something.

Last edited by enzet; 10-01-2019 at 10:17 AM.
enzet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:22 AM   #345
Mench
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Strong Island / Bestchester
Posts: 3,986
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownfishX View Post
https://youtu.be/0vaF0kwjQhg

Hand at 41:00. I mean...if heís not cheating heís the greatest.
THIS. This hand is absurd.
Mench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #346
Halo_P1
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 104
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_P1 View Post
https://twitter.com/DoItForTheLads/s...567552/photo/1



Posted this to Joey and Haralabob on Twitter.

I present to the jury, the means, but not necessarily the method.

This is the only time I could see where he was impromptly interrupted during "crotch thing episode" caught this frame in ironically one of the most shared suspected videos- he was very reluctant to being whisked away from the table by the hostess in that moment.

Alright Boys and Girls, CrotchGate is officially a thing.

So I went through everyone of those hands to see every time Mike referenced his pants to know what to do, and the results were..... EVERY SINGLE TIME! WITHOUT FAIL THIS MAN LOOKS DOWN AT HIS PHONE.

I think its important to note that during each Crotchspiration episode he is not even looking at his hole cards. Ive made a little collage to demonstrate what I mean, but you guys should really go back and watch Joey's hand examples in real time to see for yourselves.

*puffs on pipe*[IMG][/IMG]
Halo_P1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #347
ChicagoJoey
Papi
 
ChicagoJoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I AM GTO
Posts: 15,434
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbomber View Post
I do not know him well and I’m not claiming 100% that he’s NOT cheating but I just find it hard to believe. Cheating in that many different casinos and formats in tournaments and cash games, online and live, seems hard to believe. It seems way more likely he is a beast.
I’m not defending him because I know him or have anything to gain.
I don’t need to explain myself but I will because what you all are doing is wrong. If you are wrong about this, do you realize the damage that these false accusations can do??
I’m up this early because I went to bed at 8pm. I woke and got on YouTube to see joeys stream and watched a bit to get the gist and came here and recovered a password after not using this account in probably 8+ years.
I don’t know his overall tourney results... just the one series we played together where we both cashed 6 times or so in the series and won/chppped a couple each. That was the one time I’ve met the guy and I got the impression that he was very intelligent and thought about the game WAY differently that most professionals.
I’ve seen most of the ‘suspect’ hands and there is nothing that convincing to me personally. Is that proof he’s not, of course not. But is there any proof that he is?
Debate is fine and all but once you start making life ruining accusations with no proof or witnesses whatsoever, I feel the need to come in and defend the guy.

Yeah I’m not active on 2+2 but I’ve played for a living for 15 years as well. I’m no bum. I’ve played with the best both live and online. I’ve scouted out some of the most talented players before they were anybody, mainly due to their unorthodox play and outside the box thinking.... and Mike Postle hit me as one of those players when we met and seeing his play on stream.
I could be wrong and I’ll feel duped but this is my strong read and opinion. Everyone is entitled to one without getting strung up by the mob right?
Spoke w/ Hill - he was upset over me banning him from the YT chat. We've talked more about the situation.


Didn't someone say they recently banned cell phones from the room because they thought Mike was using those on stream but that he has also played since the stream. I've noticed he has his keys on the table often as well. Looks like keys are another common reader/detector/device used in cheating from my research. They are on the table the entire time during the recent high stakes game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w4TguWyUH0



Stream before






The next time he played they still had phones and he is back in the lap


Last edited by ChicagoJoey; 10-01-2019 at 10:39 AM.
ChicagoJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:30 AM   #348
kerr
veteran
 
kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,250
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejames209 View Post
Lol 5 mins into Joey's HH review and Mike check calls $200 into $300 with $885 in his stack with 88 on 994T8 and villain who is a splashy loose player who ABSOLUTELY would call a jam with 9-x, happens to have TT
That was allegedly one of the hands where the RFID was playing up and Mike actually had 9x for trips. Allegedly.
kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:31 AM   #349
Cassim
grinder
 
Cassim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 469
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbomber View Post
That was the one time Iíve met the guy and I got the impression that he was very intelligent
You met the guys once yet you know how he used to beast durrrr and other highstakes pros, wins in every casino he plays and crushes tournaments...... seems legit
Cassim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #350
Minimal23
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 385
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Cheating scumbag. He should pay the price.
Minimal23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive