Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2019, 05:38 PM   #3276
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
Imagine if he was smart enough to lose just a quarter of those games.....no one would be talking about it today.

Maybe, but one can go through a single session or even a portion of a session and it's painfully obvious that he's cheating.

If his focus was on getting away with it then he would have to change what he was doing a lot more than just losing some sessions and even then there is no guarantee he wouldn't have somehow get busted. It's pretty clear that his focus was on making as much money as possible quickly. Having to be patient kind of defeats the purpose of the whole thing. Might as well just grind poker if you want to be patient.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:39 PM   #3277
Jay Why
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lundun
Posts: 946
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://youtu.be/s-AuY0YsEt4

I've only just seen this, Postle interviewed at the start of the programme explaining his Dream Seat poker show idea (which was a dumb idea, a tournament where players getting eliminated at random, so no guarantee the best player wins).

Mind you, knowing Pustule, if you fix who gets eliminated it could be quite profitable!
Jay Why is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:39 PM   #3278
MrFabulous
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 414
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Come on guys, he ain´t using a magic bracelet or an RFID hack. Neither is he watching the stream on his phone. That would have been seen by someone sitting next to him. Too obvious.

Here is what he has done:
Bone Conduction, we have never seen him without his cap. That headset is connected via bluetooth with his phone.
The 2nd guy has to see the raw data of the stream and tells him the hands.

But why those strange crotch movements?
a) Because he has to accept the incoming calls. And they can´t have the line open for five hours as the 2nd guy probably needs to leave the room or gets disturbed.
b) Bluetooth disconnects and he has to reconnect
c) both a) and b)

That makes way more sense than some genius hacks.

In order to crack the case simply look at his phone records.
MrFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:42 PM   #3279
filmbuff
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 27
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

He uses a Martingale strategy? LOLOL. That demonstrates about as much knowledge of poker as my mom asking me if I count cards when I play.

Agree with everyone that if, somehow, Justin isn't involved, he is utterly incompetent and has no business working in the field.
filmbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:43 PM   #3280
Fodersneso
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: 6bet me's no.1 fan
Posts: 891
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc0ates View Post
I dont think martingale means what he thinks it means
so much this lol! This guy seems so infinitely clueless and naive about all things poker/gambling, it's really weird considering the position he's in.
Fodersneso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:43 PM   #3281
housenuts
1st Quartiled the 500
 
housenuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Laser eyes or HFSP
Posts: 44,067
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by housenuts View Post
Thread title is tilting
yussss! thanks for fixing it.
housenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:46 PM   #3282
js84
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 34
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvicious View Post
This is pretty damning too since it appears to be the same "Taylor" that works at stones and is possibly a co-conspirator. The fact that MP is running a huge bluff and getting "caught" by someone that might be an accomplice is pretty sketch.

Taking into account that there's now some evidence that community cards were possibly known ahead of time picking JJ vs 72 w/ an AAx board is the perfect set up. Have MP 3-bet knowing AAx was coming then triple barrel into Taylor effectively chip dumping to a co-conspirator then also using it as "proof" of bluffs gone wrong.
Not the same Taylor. This Taylor has played the big game on LATB several times.

Last edited by js84; 10-04-2019 at 06:00 PM.
js84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:46 PM   #3283
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,331
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFabulous View Post
Come on guys, he ain´t using a magic bracelet or an RFID hack. Neither is he watching the stream on his phone. That would have been seen by someone sitting next to him. Too obvious.

Here is what he has done:
Bone Conduction, we have never seen him without his cap. That headset is connected via bluetooth with his phone.
The 2nd guy has to see the raw data of the stream and tells him the hands.

But why those strange crotch movements?
a) Because he has to accept the incoming calls. And they can´t have the line open for five hours as the 2nd guy probably needs to leave the room or gets disturbed.
b) Bluetooth disconnects and he has to reconnect
c) both a) and b)

That makes way more sense than some genius hacks.

In order to crack the case simply look at his phone records.
Lol. This is so wrong and ridiculous. Not even going to bother
Loctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:46 PM   #3284
Makonnen
old hand
 
Makonnen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,358
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind On My Mind View Post
Justin and Mike thought they could get away with it because the stream was so small at the time. Usually less than 200 people would watch a 1/3 game. Viewership did start to grow a little but why worry when less than 250 people are watching and your cheating in a juicy 1/3 game. Whos gonna suspect anything?
This is relevant, and a good point, although I don't know if the 250 is accurate.

Whatever it was, it does seem much safer to cheat there than L@TB (I mean, better to cheat off stream, but if you're RFIDing your cheating, you need to be streaming).
Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:47 PM   #3285
Makonnen
old hand
 
Makonnen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,358
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by housenuts View Post
yussss! thanks for fixing it.
And here I thought it was the word "allegations" that was tilting, not the prior lack of capitalization ...
Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #3286
Gorre187
journeyman
 
Gorre187's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 269
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoendo View Post
of course he'll get away with it. There is no justice in this world. No one gives a **** about poker players. Outside of the poker community the average person is probably like "serves those degens right, what do you think would happen? you deserve it for being so stupid, poker is a game of luck, this is what happens, it's all a scam."
I actually think that since this thing already has outside media coverage.. If there will be somehow justice in this case (probability low I agree sadly!) it could be very good for the image of poker from the outside perspective. In the lines of : Yea we have black sheep but they are taken care of. On the other hand if nothing happens then its just another of those numerous bad mainstream news of poker over the last years which will damage the reputation you are talking about even further..
Gorre187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #3287
AzOther1
old hand
 
AzOther1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dressin' sharp and feelin' dull
Posts: 1,399
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLou View Post
1 yr will be plenty of time for Bubba to have his way with Mikey's arse
IANAL, but I've had some experience being prosecuted (ahem), I think it could be up to 1 year for each count and I would bet that each session could be considered a separate incident (??), therefore separate counts.

Apologies if this has already been responded to, I seem to be unable to keep up with the flood of messages ITT.
AzOther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:49 PM   #3288
archii
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 725
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I know Mike is cheating. It's like as close to 100% as can be.

But is there some real hard evidence? They have had a few days to get rid of all evidence other than the videos. I'm just wondering when the l lawsuits start piling is there enough to convict the guy? I mean I dont know of stream videos are enough..

Jury and judge could think there is reasonable doubt..
archii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:51 PM   #3289
Dvicious
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 14
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

BTW Mike Postle can almost entirely clear his name right this moment by having his mobile carrier as well as ISP provide un-redacted txt messages/emails and phone call log times to his local PD.

The odds that there would be no incriminating txts, calls, or e-mails since Aug 2018 are slim to none. So I'm sure we'll be seeing those any time now and we'll all owe MP a great big apology.
Dvicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:52 PM   #3290
wiiziwiig
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,407
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

wiiziwiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:54 PM   #3291
etvois
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLou View Post
Postle's intelligence was already called into question. But wow the stupidity of going on podcast when facing prossible state and federal criminal charges is beyond stupid. way past moronic. not sure what the word is but obviously this guy is no longer attached to reality.

but it will be fun to listen to so thanks mike

similarly, he admitted to tax evasion (for winnings that may or may not have occurred and have nothing to do with stones sessions or recent past) to the friend(s) that publicly accused him of cheating.

just a glutton for punishment I guess
etvois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:55 PM   #3292
HarryKane09
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 125
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archii View Post
I know Mike is cheating. It's like as close to 100% as can be.

But is there some real hard evidence? They have had a few days to get rid of all evidence other than the videos. I'm just wondering when the l lawsuits start piling is there enough to convict the guy? I mean I dont know of stream videos are enough..

Jury and judge could think there is reasonable doubt..
I would imagine that Stones have confiscated Justin's work phone and the stream computer. Even if they tried to do a wipe, its very hard to get rid of everything.

Postle could easily have smashed his phone and chucked the other tech but there would still be records.

Bank records can be looked into to see if employees have a sudden change in income or lifestyle. I somewhat doubt that the inside man/men here are converting the cash into giftcards and bitcoin; probably just putting it straight into their bank or using the cash for their daily expenses which would then show up when their salary isn't being eaten up as quickly as previous months.
HarryKane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:55 PM   #3293
RoyalAsn
enthusiast
 
RoyalAsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 69
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread -
Maybe read instead of waiting til you say something OOL that has already been said 10 times and getting your information by being corrected? Gee I wonder why people are annoyed by your posts lol.
RoyalAsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #3294
Utah_CUtiger
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,570
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiziwiig View Post
Yeah I doubt Postle would have agreed to it or continued it once it started if Matusow started blasting him with tough questions. I imagine Matusow had to ask things that were on the borderline of being tough to keep Postle on the hook long enough.
Utah_CUtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #3295
kep
Pooh-Bah
 
kep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,671
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archii View Post
I know Mike is cheating. It's like as close to 100% as can be.

But is there some real hard evidence? They have had a few days to get rid of all evidence other than the videos. I'm just wondering when the l lawsuits start piling is there enough to convict the guy? I mean I dont know of stream videos are enough..

Jury and judge could think there is reasonable doubt..
More concrete evidence could pop up. I doubt the perpetrators of this were good at covering their tracks.
kep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:58 PM   #3296
thisisfourwords
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 18
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFabulous View Post
Come on guys, he ain´t using a magic bracelet or an RFID hack. Neither is he watching the stream on his phone. That would have been seen by someone sitting next to him. Too obvious.

Here is what he has done:
Bone Conduction, we have never seen him without his cap. That headset is connected via bluetooth with his phone.
The 2nd guy has to see the raw data of the stream and tells him the hands.

But why those strange crotch movements?
a) Because he has to accept the incoming calls. And they can´t have the line open for five hours as the 2nd guy probably needs to leave the room or gets disturbed.
b) Bluetooth disconnects and he has to reconnect
c) both a) and b)

That makes way more sense than some genius hacks.

In order to crack the case simply look at his phone records.
I actually think this theory is close.
thisisfourwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #3297
Philbo
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 54
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archii View Post
I know Mike is cheating. It's like as close to 100% as can be.

But is there some real hard evidence? They have had a few days to get rid of all evidence other than the videos. I'm just wondering when the l lawsuits start piling is there enough to convict the guy? I mean I dont know of stream videos are enough..

Jury and judge could think there is reasonable doubt..
If there was an accomplice - which I think is the most likely scenario - that person(s) will be facing some real heat from Stone’s/gaming commission, who will have access to info that can be used to put a lot of pressure on them. I think it’s pretty likely we see someone crack.
Philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:01 PM   #3298
soapdodger
adept
 
soapdodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: baath time
Posts: 984
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Why View Post
https://youtu.be/s-AuY0YsEt4

I've only just seen this, Postle interviewed at the start of the programme explaining his Dream Seat poker show idea (which was a dumb idea, a tournament where players getting eliminated at random, so no guarantee the best player wins).

Mind you, knowing Pustule, if you fix who gets eliminated it could be quite profitable!
Could also quite profitable if it gives you an insight into Stones' RFID setup. This is August 2017.
soapdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:01 PM   #3299
justscott
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Way far.
Posts: 1,901
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvicious View Post
This is pretty damning too since it appears to be the same "Taylor" that works at stones and is possibly a co-conspirator. The fact that MP is running a huge bluff and getting "caught" by someone that might be an accomplice is pretty sketch.

Taking into account that there's now some evidence that community cards were possibly known ahead of time picking JJ vs 72 w/ an AAx board is the perfect set up. Have MP 3-bet knowing AAx was coming then triple barrel into Taylor effectively chip dumping to a co-conspirator then also using it as "proof" of bluffs gone wrong.
Pretty sure Taylor Carrol post on here and is in this thread and they are different people.
justscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:02 PM   #3300
Dvicious
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 14
Re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kep View Post
More concrete evidence could pop up. I doubt the perpetrators of this were good at covering their tracks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archii View Post
I know Mike is cheating. It's like as close to 100% as can be.

But is there some real hard evidence? They have had a few days to get rid of all evidence other than the videos. I'm just wondering when the l lawsuits start piling is there enough to convict the guy? I mean I dont know of stream videos are enough..

Jury and judge could think there is reasonable doubt..
If the DoJ gets involved then any deleted txts that didn't go through an encrypted burner phone and any e-mails that didn't go through a TOR e-mail service are most likely retrievable.

I guess the question now is if the guys who live streamed blatant superuser behavior for months on end were careful enough to use encryption software and burner phones
Dvicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive