Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #2951
momentaryblip
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 274
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

https://youtu.be/Gaek0o6eYTo?t=709

^ This 84h hand is probably the most damning evidence I've seen so far.
momentaryblip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:06 AM   #2952
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,915
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind On My Mind View Post
My last hand of the night we have a keeper. Imagine this mike has q 10 and flops top two, and his opponent flops bottom set of 3s. The graphics try to be wrong on this one but they cant be as we can see from the camera. Odd stuff, odd hand, 10 dollar river bets, and god mode mike. Take a look!!!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/381941687?t=10989s 3:03:09
How does this Mickey Mouse operation screw up graphics so much??

$10 bet on the river.... wtf. Veronika is the only announcer with a clue about poker. Everyone else on their stream just blows smoke up Postle's ass.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:09 AM   #2953
SootedPowa
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,627
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
First off; really nice find. We've never seen the screen of his phone before. But, it looks like the normal homepage of any smartphone to me...
It is a really nice find, hopefully someone can get a good zoom in on it.

If you watch the defcon videos where the fake phone/cheat device is demonstrated, the whole set up is very professional. The homepage on it looks exceptionally good and realistic.


Last edited by SootedPowa; 10-04-2019 at 10:17 AM.
SootedPowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:18 AM   #2954
Bad Beat Bill
veteran
 
Bad Beat Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,144
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHPoker View Post
If he has multiple accomplices wanting their cut he pretty much has to win every hand just to make it worth everyone’s time and effort.
kinda my theory as to why Mike was so blatant about this. he's still an idiot for getting himself in spots that are only marginally +EV even when you do know everyone's cards, but whatever. makes me wonder if a scheme like this at a 10/20 game could easily clear 100k/year with no one the wiser. given how long it took to catch a dude who was running at "11 consecutive powerballs" level I assume it would be very possible
Bad Beat Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:23 AM   #2955
Grind On My Mind
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 325
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind On My Mind View Post
Or just cover the whole phone with your hand and move a finger to see the 5% part of the screen you need to see the hole cards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind On My Mind View Post
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/381941687?t=8032s

Picture of mikes phone with apps. Zoom in. 2:13:52. Is that the same device found from joeys stream? What apps are on that phone. Im on mobile so i cant dissect and zoom currently. But that looks like his device he uses for sure. Is that a normal phone with normal apps?
Looking to see if anyone sees defcon
Grind On My Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:24 AM   #2956
inmyrav
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,641
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Drogo_ View Post
It is going to be borderline impossible to get hard evidence that would lead to a criminal charge, especially now that he knows the jig is up.
If he had help, then it's who wants a deal?
inmyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #2957
inmyrav
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,641
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

In his defense, I have found poker rooms where the play is so bad, I can walk all over the room with a weird style and felt confident I could do so most weeks. Now I would never call 54 off even with AK x2 as opponents I think, but the Moneymaker thing? Maybe he's so confident he can make it back he decided to play the hand for the reason he claims.

What does the law say about if he would be considered a public figure merely because of his local notoriety -- before Joey outed him. It's hard to get sued for slandering public figures but private parties the standard is much lower. Joey and co. should inform themselves about the law in this area.
inmyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #2958
minraisecall
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 8
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SootedPowa View Post
It is a really nice find, hopefully someone can get a good zoom in on it.

If you watch the defcon videos where the fake phone/cheat device is demonstrated, the whole set up is very professional. The homepage on it looks exceptionally good and realistic.

My guess is that what he was seeing on his phone wasn't so dissimilar from watching the stream itself.

It's been widely circulated that it was popular amongst players in the live stream to be watching the delayed version whilst playing.

This is what I have gathered from how the signal chain works (might be completely wrong):

1. RFID scans cards at table

2. Table sends data to server via wifi access point

3. Server recognises the table number and stores the RFID data

4. Software (videopokertable.net) takes this data and overlays a graphic on a live video feed in real time.

5. After a delay (30 min) this video feed with overlayed graphic gets sent to the commentators and streamed on the web.

There are two points in this chain where his phone could be receiving data:

between 3 and 4 or between 4 and 5.

I believe that between 4-5 is more likely. The stream has been assembled by the software into a format that can be sent easily to a device i.e a mobile. To the other players it looks like he is doing what everyone else is doing and watching the delayed stream. If you see a guy looking at a screen of code, that's suspicious, but watching a poker live stream at a live stream table? Not so much...
minraisecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:39 AM   #2959
.isolated
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 21,340
Diamond re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmyrav View Post
In his defense, I have found poker rooms where the play is so bad, I can walk all over the room with a weird style and felt confident I could do so most weeks. Now I would never call 54 off even with AK x2 as opponents I think, but the Moneymaker thing? Maybe he's so confident he can make it back he decided to play the hand for the reason he claims.
That's the defense of one hand though. The 84s, 67o bomb pot hand, 86, etc, etc, etc. that just aren't justifiable with any reasoning by a winning poker player.
.isolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:39 AM   #2960
ChaosInEquilibrium
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 705
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetintrigue View Post
Can you screen shot?
Reposting evidence with screenshots that prove that a member of production staff falsified graphics in the 86o vs 96s hand to give Postle the nuts on the river. All nines in the deck were being properly read by the RFID sensors -- therefore, it is impossible that Postle could have had the nut straight on the 3T75J board, as was claimed.

I think it is very important to investigate this further, as this is one of the main pieces of evidence which implicates the existence of an inside associate to the cheating.

ChaosInEquilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:43 AM   #2961
SootedPowa
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,627
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minraisecall View Post
My guess is that what he was seeing on his phone wasn't so dissimilar from watching the stream itself.
Seems a strong possibility. The defcon device cheats differently in that it uses a reader in the phone (or possibly Mike's keys) to know the deck/what cards are coming/who is going to win the hand. As you say it is also possible he was getting hole card info via the RFID feed/stream in some way. From what I have seen there is speculation he was cheating both ways.

He's definitely listening to something hidden in his cap during some cheat streams.
SootedPowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #2962
CCuster_911
You Only Live Once
 
CCuster_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ATX
Posts: 24,434
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

What I find interesting and I think needs more discussion is the fact he constantly seems to need money. Despite only playing in a game he crushed for 6 figures in less than 2 years. here is a good friend of his, who originally was attacking Veronica, coming to terms with the truth:




Wins 2 million, crushes poker for 16 years, still needs to borrow money and get staked consistently. Obviously most poker pros are the nut low with money management and not degening, but still crazy.

Maybe he is in massive debt to someone and needs to pay them back and was desperate for an edge in a game he was no longer beating with his crazy style?
CCuster_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #2963
IBT
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHPoker View Post
This is meaningless. Anyone here could write a response that post-rationalises it based on what they’ve seen on the streams.

There is nothing he can do to prove his innocence other than grind out another meaningful sample with a comparable win rate without a hat on and a phone in his lap.

It's not, because he can't.

Seriously the guy doesn't seem that bright. I know some people who didn't go to college that used to crush games on PS/PP/FT.

If he could talk through some of his decisions then I'd give him some kind of benefit of the doubt but everything I've seen of him discussing his play is "LOL This guy told me to play this particular hand to get back at him for 2 months ago"and it just so happens to be a perfect play.
IBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:45 AM   #2964
minraisecall
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 8
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInEquilibrium View Post
Reposting evidence with screenshots that prove that a member of production staff falsified graphics in the 86o vs 96s hand to give Postle the nuts on the river. All nines in the deck were being properly read by the RFID sensors -- therefore, it is impossible that Postle could have had the nut straight on the 3T75J board, as was claimed.

I think it is very important to investigate this further, as this is one of the main pieces of evidence which implicates the existence of an inside associate to the cheating.

Love the work put into this
minraisecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #2965
Rojono88
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 90
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInEquilibrium View Post
Reposting evidence with screenshots that prove that a member of production staff falsified graphics in the 86o vs 96s hand to give Postle the nuts on the river. All nines in the deck were being properly read by the RFID sensors -- therefore, it is impossible that Postle could have had the nut straight on the 3T75J board, as was claimed.

I think it is very important to investigate this further, as this is one of the main pieces of evidence which implicates the existence of an inside associate to the cheating.

Good work! That is very good evidence!
Rojono88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:49 AM   #2966
IBT
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvprof View Post
Why when they investigated him they didn't try to catch in him the act. The only explanation is that the person investigating him would have been found guilty if mike was.
If Stones management had any stones, a scene like this would have played out in the last few days

IBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #2967
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,915
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInEquilibrium View Post
Reposting evidence with screenshots that prove that a member of production staff falsified graphics in the 86o vs 96s hand to give Postle the nuts on the river. All nines in the deck were being properly read by the RFID sensors -- therefore, it is impossible that Postle could have had the nut straight on the 3T75J board, as was claimed.

I think it is very important to investigate this further, as this is one of the main pieces of evidence which implicates the existence of an inside associate to the cheating.

Is it possible all the screwups/misreading is due to another device reading or picking up the RFID signal?
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:52 AM   #2968
onehandfold
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 122
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHPoker View Post
There is nothing he can do to prove his innocence other than grind out another meaningful sample with a comparable win rate without a hat on and a phone in his lap.
Just to clarify, the phone is tucked under his balls/thighs (see here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/381941687?t=2h29m36s) probably for maximum hiding and handless ease of peeking.

But, to be fair, from that point on he seems to be pressed up to the table with no view. Heres the most significant hand I saw afterwards where there is a gap and a neck stretch https://www.twitch.tv/videos/381941687?t=4h07m05s Looks like that hat touch is for hiding his eyes from angles around him...

Last edited by onehandfold; 10-04-2019 at 11:05 AM.
onehandfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:52 AM   #2969
TRT Boss
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 138
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

This guy is a total moron.

He did plays that for sure are so idiotic and can only be explained by knowing the card of the other player and possibly the board in advance too. (54o vs AK&AK, 95o vs 64s etc)

The bad thing is there must be people who are not such big morons. They can go undetected for years, ripping off other players with hundreds of thousands.
TRT Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:53 AM   #2970
minraisecall
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 8
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SootedPowa View Post
Seems a strong possibility. The defcon device cheats differently in that it uses a reader in the phone (or possibly Mike's keys) to know the deck/what cards are coming/who is going to win the hand. As you say it is also possible he was getting hole card info via the RFID feed/stream in some way. From what I have seen there is speculation he was cheating both ways.

He's definitely listening to something hidden in his cap during some cheat streams.
My argument against the key fob theory is that he doesn't really play in a way which demonstrates he has omniscience when it comes to the cards in the deck. There are moments where he has folded the worst hand for the board to run out and give him the winner. Analysing his play concludes that he can definitely see the hole cards, anything beyond that i feel is speculation for now.

As far as the headphones are concerned my guess is that after the first cheating allegation stones banned mobile phones from live play. Many players still used them and flouted the rules but this made Mike a little more cautious so he went with the way more MI6 version (stream is sent to a device off-site and then the information is relayed to him via bone conducting headphones under his cap)
minraisecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:53 AM   #2971
RosaParks1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 203
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

[IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]
RosaParks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:53 AM   #2972
THAY3R
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
THAY3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Que?
Posts: 36,550
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Chaos,

Just a minor quibble but that evidence doesn't show the 9 of diamonds as the flops appear to be manually inputted
THAY3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:53 AM   #2973
Deeperthoughts
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInEquilibrium View Post
Reposting evidence with screenshots that prove that a member of production staff falsified graphics in the 86o vs 96s hand to give Postle the nuts on the river. All nines in the deck were being properly read by the RFID sensors -- therefore, it is impossible that Postle could have had the nut straight on the 3T75J board, as was claimed.

I think it is very important to investigate this further, as this is one of the main pieces of evidence which implicates the existence of an inside associate to the cheating.

Great stuff. And we know that Taylor ran to the booth to tell the announcers the cards were wrong while Justin provided cover in the chat
Deeperthoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #2974
momentaryblip
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 274
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Has Joey or anyone else confirmed they have scraped all the Stones YT and/or Twitch videos (eg before Stones removes them? That would look terrible, but it's a possibility) ?

I started scraping all the YT videos yesterday from a Linux server of mine, but it's only on video 250 out of 604 (my server only has 100M connection, and it's probably 1TB or more of videos)....
momentaryblip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:55 AM   #2975
datwizz
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 195
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Can anybody do the math on what his win rate would be at a game like blackjack with the BB/100. Way over my head just curious how astronomical it would be and how quickly a casino would instant ban and probably press charges if it were Blackjack instead of poker.
datwizz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive