Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2019, 02:59 AM   #2751
Zefa
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,421
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Polak View Post






the first text that Mike sent group chat after I first posted on twitter that mike might be cheating
On top of being a cheat, he’s a delusional narcissist. Guy claims to be an elite level crusher and can barely walk through a hand history discussion without coming off as a clueless fish.

Seems he’s gonna be playing the I have a daughter card a lot too for pity points.
Zefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 02:59 AM   #2752
SootedPowa
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,627
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

lol @ anyone that thinks Justin wasn't in on it.
SootedPowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:00 AM   #2753
zedsdead
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 322
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Lol.
Mike conviently didn’t pay taxes on his online poker winnings.
And yeah too bad results aren’t available anymore.
I doubt you would just win 2 mil and just lose your graph, not even a screen shot.
zedsdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:00 AM   #2754
Hellmuth was right
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,036
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Polak View Post


the first text that Mike sent group chat after I first posted on twitter that mike might be cheating
ask him why he is still playing 1/3 if he's the greatest player the world has ever seen
Hellmuth was right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:00 AM   #2755
ChaosInEquilibrium
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 764
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I'm reposting the evidence I discovered about the "malfunctioning" RFID readers. It's not just the 9 of spades that was registering properly, but ALL the 9s in the deck were registering properly throughout the stream. Joey asked me to send him this info on tonight's stream, so I'm reposting here in case he sees it.

Stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/stoneslivepoker/video/365129696

ChaosInEquilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:01 AM   #2756
IBT
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatrich View Post
Would've taken players at that casino at least another three years to figure out something was off if their cheating methods didn't need a stream.

The 54o hand is cited as the main example and it's actually the least suspicious one to me as players with his stats call big allins with that type of hand all the time in my experience. (it's the moneymaker winning wsop hand so it easily could've been a pure trolling thought process) Hopefully that tilted the hell out of him.
The stream is essential to the con because it's the only way you'd get players to voluntarily comply with revealing their cards to a RFID reader specified for their spot. I'd imagine Stones has you sign some kind of agreement when you play at a streaming table- love to see what that language that actually includes.
IBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:02 AM   #2757
27AllIn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
27AllIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Every night to me is Halloween
Posts: 6,580
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

There's a ton of circumstantial evidence going against him, unfortunately no direct evidence as of yet. Hopefully the investigation team can come up with something.
27AllIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:03 AM   #2758
seat
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 213
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

He's innocent.
seat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:04 AM   #2759
streetintrigue
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 20
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInEquilibrium View Post
I'm reposting the evidence I discovered about the "malfunctioning" RFID readers. It's not just the 9 of spades that was registering properly, but ALL the 9s in the deck were registering properly throughout the stream. Joey asked me to send him this info on tonight's stream, so I'm reposting here in case he sees it.

So the 9s turns up on the flop 18 minutes before the 'smoking gun' hand & it's recorded correctly on screen?
streetintrigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:05 AM   #2760
27AllIn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
27AllIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Every night to me is Halloween
Posts: 6,580
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seat View Post
He's innocent.
Why do you keep posting this? Why do you think he's innocent at this point?
27AllIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:05 AM   #2761
streetintrigue
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 20
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27AllIn View Post
There's a ton of circumstantial evidence going against him, unfortunately no direct evidence as of yet. Hopefully the investigation team can come up with something.
Direct evidence is going to require a subpoena to go through his phone/computer/house.
streetintrigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:05 AM   #2762
sirswish6
Iron Sharpens Iron
 
sirswish6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: That farmhouse......... there
Posts: 7,026
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

THAT PLAYER???????? TOOOOMMMMM DWAN LOOOOOOOOOOL
sirswish6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:06 AM   #2763
antihesitator
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 4
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Polak View Post


the first text that Mike sent group chat after I first posted on twitter that mike might be cheating

So...Mike Postle would have crushed the Durrrr challenge but was too busy around the Tunica, MS nosebleeds?
antihesitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:06 AM   #2764
YeahYou
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,297
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmuth was right View Post
ask him why he is still playing 1/3 if he's the greatest player the world has ever seen
Have you seen his daughter's closet? That 2 million he won online went straight to her wardrobe.
YeahYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:07 AM   #2765
zica
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 944
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefa View Post
On top of being a cheat, he’s a delusional narcissist. Guy claims to be an elite level crusher and can barely walk through a hand history discussion without coming off as a clueless fish.

Seems he’s gonna be playing the I have a daughter card a lot too for pity points.
50 times better than Phil Ivey or cheating.
zica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:08 AM   #2766
ChaosInEquilibrium
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 764
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Yes exactly. It's clear Postle lied about his hole cards and asked production staff to change graphics because he knew he would look guilty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetintrigue View Post
So the 9s turns up on the flop 18 minutes before the 'smoking gun' hand & it's recorded correctly on screen?
ChaosInEquilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:09 AM   #2767
YesSiree
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 12
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SootedPowa View Post
lol @ anyone that thinks Justin wasn't in on it.
Lol at you, because it is a real possibility that was only introduced seriously about two hours ago. He may indeed be in on it, but if he is innocent, and I would have to bet on innocence if I had to bet, then he is indeed quite unlucky and unfortunate, even assuming that he was negligent in many ways. It's a bad beat for him in every way. You almost have to hope that he is guilty so you don't feel too bad for him.
YesSiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:09 AM   #2768
n00ki5
journeyman
 
n00ki5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 329
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27AllIn View Post
How do you know he tried to cover up the investigation? Do you know as a fact he was the one conducting it or influencing it in some way?

This is the first time someone has pulled off a scam using RFID at a casino in poker AFAIK. Everyone is of course going to be dumbfounded and presume innocence. Obviously an independent, competent third party investigation should occur. I would really like to know what went on in the first so called "investigation".
Uh...

1 - Did you check his Twitter?

2 - It's basically impossible for anyone promoting poker games for a living with an obvious cheater for years not to realize what's going on or at least not to have/show the slightest distrust.
n00ki5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:09 AM   #2769
streetintrigue
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 20
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInEquilibrium View Post
Yes exactly. It's clear Postle lied about his hole cards and asked production staff to change graphics because he knew he would look guilty.
Can you screen shot?
streetintrigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:10 AM   #2770
27AllIn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
27AllIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Every night to me is Halloween
Posts: 6,580
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetintrigue View Post
Direct evidence is going to require a subpoena to go through his phone/computer/house.
There's cameras everywhere in a casino. Access to this footage should be able to reveal that there's always a suspicious individual hanging around feeding him hole card information. I think it is possible, however, that Mike was able to single-highhandedly rig the system to read-out, or text, the information from the RFID to himself directly.
27AllIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:11 AM   #2771
SootedPowa
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,627
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesSiree View Post
Lol at you, because it is a real possibility that was only introduced seriously about two hours ago. He may indeed be in on it, but if he is innocent, and I would have to bet on innocence if I had to bet, then he is indeed quite unlucky and unfortunate, even assuming that he was negligent in many ways. It's a bad beat for him in every way. You almost have to hope that he is guilty so you don't feel too bad for him.
Hi Justin
SootedPowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:11 AM   #2772
sharpmoney
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 24
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedsdead View Post
Lol.
Mike conviently didn’t pay taxes on his online poker winnings.
And yeah too bad results aren’t available anymore.
I doubt you would just win 2 mil and just lose your graph, not even a screen shot.
losing that graph wouldn't be very narcissistic of him...lol.
sharpmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:11 AM   #2773
wheatrich
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wheatrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 21,254
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

wonder if the keys on the table he could read cards coming off but he didn't use it for all sessions. Further explains some hands to me anyway.

also lol at "hey I think you're cheating" response with a three page report of absolutely irrelevant points. (and who knows if any of that is even true)

edit--in before he always valets at this casino yet has keys at the table

Last edited by wheatrich; 10-04-2019 at 03:30 AM.
wheatrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:12 AM   #2774
kep
Pooh-Bah
 
kep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,671
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInEquilibrium View Post
Yes exactly. It's clear Postle lied about his hole cards and asked production staff to change graphics because he knew he would look guilty.
But why would Postle suddenly become aware this ridiculous play would make him look guilty after he played the hand. If he was that aware he wouldn't cheat everyone every hand. Therefor I assume someone else is aware of how bad it looks and not Postle himself.
kep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:13 AM   #2775
27AllIn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
27AllIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Every night to me is Halloween
Posts: 6,580
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00ki5 View Post
Uh...

1 - Did you check his Twitter?

2 - It's basically impossible for anyone promoting poker games for a living with an obvious cheater for years not to realize what's going on or at least not to have/show the slightest distrust.
There's a difference between cover-up and willfully ignorant or generally incompetent. Any of the 3 are quite possible if he indeed was part of the team investigating. If there even was one.
27AllIn is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive