Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #76
Garbs
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 749
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

Mike Matusow = Mike Matusow
David Singer = David Singer
Hoss_TBF = Matt Hawrilenko
NO IT ALL = JC Tran

LoLiNa, Tim Phan?
Garbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #77
chdpoker
centurion
 
chdpoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 176
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

Mike is 100% right to do this and do it the way he did.

Its bad etiquete (sp?) and Singer shouldnt be doing it.

WP Mike
chdpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #78
BartJ385
veteran
 
BartJ385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: you gotta be joking
Posts: 2,668
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by isapistola View Post
bart, you should seriously stop posting. you went great lenghts to post the definition of "angle", but this definition actually proves you wrong. the very first sentence:
"An action that isn't against the rules, but still incorporates unfair tactics."
you honestly dont think this definition fits systematically sitting out specific games in a mixed game format?
I refuse to believe that your reading skills are that bad, so WTH?

Unfair tactics! Trying to trick your opponents!

If a player sits down at H.O.R.S.E and then plays only certain games instead of all five, everyone sees what he is doing. No tricking.

The example for 'angle' that you can find at the link I mentioned is clear, so stop the bs.

I don't understand why you are so strongly opposed to changing the rules to make this kind of exploitation impossible. Instead you want people to deliberately play games that they are bad at or to give up on a juicy game that they are good at. My verdict stands: ridiculous.
BartJ385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #79
gregorio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 38,247
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by collingordon View Post
Who is Hoss_TBF? and what does TBF stand for?
He is a Stud specialist who also often sits out LHE b/c he sucks at it, esp if it is HU.

Last edited by gregorio; 07-20-2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: what is this google thing and what does it stand for?
gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #80
cavalucho
grinder
 
cavalucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 502
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

It is called game selection.
cavalucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #81
dmesey
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 168
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

No matter what the case is, Matusow definitely went about it the wrong way. If he is the face of the site then he should be more professional and contact Singer on the phone to discuss it. Anyone that disagrees with this logic is an idiot.
dmesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #82
WOW UR BAD
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 141
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulet View Post
Bad reality television gets old and an annoys people. When people first saw Mike they found his behavior funny and interesting. It certainly made him stand out. However, his consistent negative attitude, and consistently trashing other people, including customers of FT and "co-workers", is a huge negative to me.

Initially, watching Mike (or Tony G) was somewhat fun, now I dislike it. I think he can only act negatively and trash others for a short period before people think he is just a jerk and are no longer interested in watching him. It has become very distasteful for me.
i didnt get past first sentence. Bad reality television annoys ppl? dont confuse you with ppl. Pretty sure there is a reason why reality shows dominate, most of which are awful.
WOW UR BAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #83
Watchmaker
banned
 
Watchmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,856
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalucho View Post
It is called game selection.
No. "game selection" is the art of being conscious of the table you're choosing to sit at, based on the relative skill level of your opponents.

Sitting out certain games in a mixed game format because you feel you don't have an edge in them is a lame angle that only exists in online poker and probably should be dealt with.

Last edited by Watchmaker; 07-20-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #84
jayd42
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 72
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalucho View Post
It is called game selection.
The entire purpose of HORSE and all mixed games is to give action in your weaker games so you can get action in your stronger games.

Why would anyone play HORSE online if that wasn't the case? You can play all your stongest games on separate tables at the same time. The problem is you wouldn't be able to play a hold'em specialist in 3 stud games.

It's completely ******ed on Singers part because he is in danger of losing all his action from people like HOSS.
jayd42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #85
Mediocre_Player
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Mediocre_Player's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 8,594
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartJ385 View Post
I refuse to believe that your reading skills are that bad, so WTH?

Unfair tactics! Trying to trick your opponents!

If a player sits down at H.O.R.S.E and then plays only certain games instead of all five, everyone sees what he is doing. No tricking.

The example for 'angle' that you can find at the link I mentioned is clear, so stop the bs.

I don't understand why you are so strongly opposed to changing the rules to make this kind of exploitation impossible. Instead you want people to deliberately play games that they are bad at or to give up on a juicy game that they are good at. My verdict stands: ridiculous.
You're wrong, stop burying yourself.

In a live game you can have the guy "kicked off the table". You can't really do that online.

Simplest answer is to randomize the game.

Otherwise the rest of the table should go "on strike" once for the Stud games and Singer will get the point that they don't like what he's doing.
Mediocre_Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #86
Bavid Denyamine
old hand
 
Bavid Denyamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 3betting koreans
Posts: 1,264
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

why is everyone using live poker as a basis for making an argument against an online poker situation, jeez

plus, it's not like david singer is the only one who ever does this, watch any game where hoss is in and see how many people sit out the holdem round

i think at 2k/4k it was gus, eli, hoss, opie, and la key u, everyone but gus and hoss sat out he, gus hurricaned off like 100k to hoss, everyone shows up for o8 zzz

this is just another useless argument about people exploiting the differences in online poker
Bavid Denyamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #87
damagecontrol
journeyman
 
damagecontrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 249
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalucho View Post
It is called game selection.
lol... no.
damagecontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #88
BartJ385
veteran
 
BartJ385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: you gotta be joking
Posts: 2,668
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocre_Player View Post
You're wrong, stop burying yourself.

In a live game you can have the guy "kicked off the table". You can't really do that online.

Simplest answer is to randomize the game.

Otherwise the rest of the table should go "on strike" once for the Stud games and Singer will get the point that they don't like what he's doing.
WTH? You start saying "you are wrong", then go on saying three things that are exactly what I said before. Odd.
BartJ385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #89
Abbaddabba
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,770
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

The easiest solution is to set up alternative horse tables that are played almost like a sit n go only without escalating blinds, and people finish with whatever they have after playing 10 hands of each game.
Abbaddabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #90
zyrrth
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
zyrrth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: No Gods, No Masters
Posts: 5,991
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

or just make you sit in in the same game you sat out, that was hard.
zyrrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #91
Abbaddabba
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,770
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

still abusable.
Abbaddabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #92
zyrrth
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
zyrrth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: No Gods, No Masters
Posts: 5,991
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

how so, you sit out in hand 1 of HE and can't sit in until the next HE rotation starts
zyrrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:39 PM   #93
isapistola
veteran
 
isapistola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,613
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

Quote:
I don't understand why you are so strongly opposed to changing the rules to make this kind of exploitation impossible.
could you point out where i said this? oh wait... you cant because i never said it. its amazing youre still posting in this thread after multiple posters have pointed out your flawed logic and idiotic responses. im done "arguing" (its not a real argument, its like talking to a dog who in response barks at you) with german ****** kid.

ps. i do think this problem should be solved.
isapistola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #94
newhizzle
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: on my way out
Posts: 3,949
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartJ385 View Post
I am sorry, but actually you are the one who does not understand.

For quite a while there was no strict rule about offside in soccer. There simply was no need. Then soccer got very popular, and people realized that much of the game's appeal was lost because of the "kick throughs", so they invented the offside rule. Still no need for it in a game among friends.

The same is true here. As long as H.O.R.S.E cash is played live, there were so few playing it that hardly anyone dared to exploit the game. After all, exploiting a game in a casino is dangerous; look what happened to the MIT team.

But now H.O.R.S.E cash is played online; the number of players must have increased 100fold. Now there is a need for a rule that prevents exploitation.

But until then - money up for grabs. End of.

wow ur a ****ing idiot
newhizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #95
Sponger.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 20,593
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhizzle View Post
wow ur a ****ing idiot
Yeah I had this entire point by point post written out complete with analogies to the history of basketball rules but deleted it because it would just go right over his head. I like your post much better.
Sponger. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #96
BarrySanders
veteran
 
BarrySanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Motown
Posts: 2,341
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by collingordon View Post
Who is Hoss_TBF? and what does TBF stand for?
turkey bacon french dressing
BarrySanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #97
BartJ385
veteran
 
BartJ385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: you gotta be joking
Posts: 2,668
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by isapistola View Post
after multiple posters have pointed out your flawed logic
That's a lie. A lot of posters have criticised my posts, but none has explained where I am wrong. Just the usual one-liners from true poets like newhizzle and the like.

All I have been saying was this: if the rules allow some players to exploit a game, then you change the rules, not the players.

How can that be 'wrong, ******ed, idiotic'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isapistola View Post
german ****** kid
NOTHING in my post was typically German (mostly because there is no such thing as a typical German, and if there was, it sure ain't me).
And yet you mention it as if it had anything to do with this discussion.

You are done.
BartJ385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #98
Watchmaker
banned
 
Watchmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,856
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

They could fix it by allowing the players to choose what kind of HORSE table they wanted to sit at.

HORSE Table X would require the players play all games- if they do choose to sit out a flop game, they will be mandated out of a stud round, or vice versa.

HORSE Table Y would allow players to pick and choose what games they played, like the current system.

This would allow the issue to resolve itself naturally, affording the players the ability to make that decision for themselves. So, if Singer or anyone else wants to sit at the $2K/$4K "game selection" HORSE table, anyone who plays with him at that table will know that he may sit the flop games. If they disagree with this, they don't have to sit at this table and can play their games at the tables that require a mix. If enough people disagree with the "sitting out" thing, his action will dry up and he will be forced to play his mixed games on the tables that mandate game variety, pr quit mixed games all together and just play Stud games.
Watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #99
BartJ385
veteran
 
BartJ385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: you gotta be joking
Posts: 2,668
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer HORSE chat

An additional ante might do the trick, but a determined guy might still sit out.
BartJ385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #100
cero_z
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Medium stakes button-clicking
Posts: 3,270
Re: Mike Matusow and David Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbo View Post
Don't talk about something you don't understand. If you did this in a casino and the other players complained, you would not be allowed to play again in that game unless you were such a huge fish for the casino they would say it's okay. Do you think someone could walk into Bobby's Room in a PLO/Holdem mixed game and only play the PLO hands because they only have an edge in that game? Not a chance. Someone valuable to the casino would say one word and they'd tell you to play every game or leave.
I'm not sure what the casino would do about it, but you are absolutely right about everything else. I play the HORSE games on FT from 8-16 through 50-100 and no one ever does this. If someone were to sit out the same game just two cycles in a row, most would notice and everyone would get pissed (including me). Even if you are just taking a break to eat or whatever, you shouldn't be sitting out one game more than others. This is an obvious angle and very lame.
cero_z is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive