Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players

08-28-2011 , 07:11 PM
SGT, With all due respect, The people that have posted here saying I backed out of some match or whatever cause I didn't want to play & was scared is just pure Stupid BS, I mean give me break. I've played for much bigger & much better players

The game I was playing in last night had 3 top 100 Main event finishers on the same table plus another guy that won rounder of the year. Two other cash players that have made a living out of PLO for years, so just pure nonsense that I would back out of playing someone because I was scared.

The reason I don't respond to all these questions is because they lack any merrit & I just don't have the time to spend responding to such idiocracy.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
SGT, With all due respect, The people that have posted here saying I backed out of some match or whatever cause I didn't want to play & was scared is just pure Stupid BS, I mean give me break. I've played for much bigger & much better players

The game I was playing in last night had 3 top 100 Main event finishers on the same table plus another guy that won rounder of the year. Two other cash players that have made a living out of PLO for years, so just pure nonsense that I would back out of playing someone because I was scared.

The reason I don't respond to all these questions is because they lack any merrit & I just don't have the time to spend responding to such idiocracy.
And again, with all due respect, you did not answer or address a single thing I actually asked. I did not claim you backed out due to fear - I asked if, due to your open challenge to ANYONE (except Samo), you would play Daliman if he was so inclined.

And I asked for approximately the 5th time what exactly you have against escrowing, since, PER YOUR OWN POST, that was the only sticking point that prevented the other match you agreed to IN THIS THREAD from actually occurring.

I fail to see what is so idiotic about my escrow question. Perhaps you or someone else would care to enlighten me as to why a professional player such as yourself would not agree to escrow when the price for failing to do so was a) the loss of an opportunity to play poker with an 80% edge (by your own estimation, again in this thread) and b) the continued loss of your reputation in this thread.

Surely you can understand why there might be some who question your actual willingness to play ANY online player when at least two matches have been agreed to then abandoned, one after a fairly small (IMO) insult and another because you refuse to escrow. After all, this is a thread YOU started asserting that live players have a substantial edge, and YOU personally claimed to have an 80% edge over ANY online player.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 07:30 PM
Ive already answered the escrow question more than once. Because I'm not going to wire my money in to someone else, That's why, pure & simple, When I play poker, I play with my money & the others on the table.


And I know you already know this, But let me put it this way, The real people that play poker outside of this thread think that the posters on this thread are complete morons. 90% of the post here are by the same 10 posters like ucantceme & mr beer etc. I've had 30 people walk up to me & tell me how stupid these guys were & wanted to post but didn't want to get caught up in the flame because they didn't have the time or patience to deal with the same 10 ******s spending 20 hours a day thinking of ways to insult real players.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
The game I was playing in last night had 3 top 100 Main event finishers on the same table plus another guy that won rounder of the year. Two other cash players that have made a living out of PLO for years, so just pure nonsense that I would back out of playing someone because I was scared.
.
Ok, but were there any good nl players in that game?

They give out an award for the best Mike McDermott impersonation?
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 07:35 PM
Gabe, you continue to throw Main Event finishes around as if it's the great indicator of poker skill. STOP IT
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 07:37 PM
I finished 73rd the year Jamie Gold won it, over 8k entrants...wow somebody stake me to go play Ivey HU!
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 07:42 PM
I still cant believe 200 deposits without a withdraw. Those live games down there must be super soft or your soul reading abilitys must be out of this world.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
Ive already answered the escrow question more than once. Because I'm not going to wire my money in to someone else, That's why, pure & simple, When I play poker, I play with my money & the others on the table.
Fair enough, but it's not like you're being asked to trust some unknown person with your money. YOU SUGGESTED SOMEONE that you knew and that multiple people in this thread could vouch for to hold onto the money. Samo needs to know that you're serious about playing before he books a plane ticket and brings a lot of cash over to play you.

Oh, and giving Samo a location to play would have been nice as well. Didn't want him to wind up in Missouri by accident.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
Ive already answered the escrow question more than once. Because I'm not going to wire my money in to someone else, That's why, pure & simple, When I play poker, I play with my money & the others on the table.


And I know you already know this, But let me put it this way, The real people that play poker outside of this thread think that the posters on this thread are complete morons. 90% of the post here are by the same 10 posters like ucantceme & mr beer etc. I've had 30 people walk up to me & tell me how stupid these guys were & wanted to post but didn't want to get caught up in the flame because they didn't have the time or patience to deal with the same 10 ******s spending 20 hours a day thinking of ways to insult real players.
No, you didn't post that about escrowing prior to this - if you can find such a post in this thread, I'll immediately apologize, but if it is there I suspect it got buried. And it seems as if since YOU suggested John Dolan as an escrow, wiring wouldn't be an issue; or, if you could find someone local (for you), this wouldn't be an issue since you could simply hand the money to the escrow in cash.

But again, this to me seems like a small discomfort for the chance to play someone against whom you have such a significant edge. Hell, I'd PAY an escrow a commission just to get a match done if I thought I had that big an edge. Isn't that what people in financial services do? Pay small fees on trades and commissions in order to reap the rewards of those trades? And yet you refused to deal with an escrow who may have done it for free in order to play a match wherein the person would fly TO YOU and acquiesce to your stipulation that the match not be held in a casino, and wherein you would have a huge edge (or so you claim). Bizarre, IMO.

And I was unaware of those opinions. However, since they aren't posting I fear your claim of 30 people who all play with you IRL who think this thread is nothing but morons will be difficult to prove.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 08:09 PM
I'll stand by my comment that a winning NL100 HU player would have a huge edge on Gabe. Gabe is certainly a fine MTT player and I'm sure he beats the $5-$10 games at the BR. But there are plenty of fine MTT players who can't play high-stakes cash games and especially can't play HU.

Gabe keeps touting his MTT final table % (WTF is that anyway) and Claudia's ME performance as proof of his greatness and those things (among many other things he's said in this thread) illustrate his fundamental weaknesses when it comes to poker theory and simply understanding variance. There's a reason why people like samoleus/asa/ike are dying to play him for heaps of cash.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John K
I finished 73rd the year Jamie Gold won it, over 8k entrants...wow somebody stake me to go play Ivey HU!
How much you need?
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 08:33 PM
the last few posts from EDD have finally made me think he might actually be trolling us all with the greatest level-thread of all time... someone really cant be that stupid right?
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 09:11 PM
I'm back in town. I don't have the patience to go back and read through everything I've missed, so please forgive me if I am rehashing something unnecessarily. With regards to the issues that were brought up about me by the three stooges: EDDtown, Polov, and luckthefakers (each outdoing the next in terms of sheer stupidity) I have a few things to add.

- I never even came close to instigating any threats of violence. My first reference about any sort of violence was a comment in which I said to EDDtown that I would be happy to kick his ass in the street after I kicked his ass on the felt, and that we would see whose teeth end up where. That was a direct response to his threat to kick my teeth into the back of my throat. ... Should I have refrained from responding to any of his sophomoric threats of physical violence? Yes, I suppose so. I was exasperated at Gabe's continued transparent ducking me with the most pathetic excuses, his incoherent and illogical babble, and his lack of any integrity or respect for his word. When he followed those antics by threatening me physically, I don't think that I stepped too far out of line by responding to his direct threat and just calling him out on it.

- Then comes idiot #2, Polov. His idiotic rave with his moronic examples about screwing a blonde after drinking however much vodka or eating steak after eating 50 hamburgers are so inapplicable and idiotic, that it makes one wonder if there actually is someone out there more stupid than Gabe. Then, when I call him out on it, he responds with schoolyard threats of physical violence, following up with a guarantee that he is going to come and find me and kick down my windowns "London style."

- When I respond to him, my response was so over the top sarcastic. I mean, I "invited" him to come to Boston and then followed that up with his EXACT words regarding how he should take it if I don't show up! It was such an obvious and direct play on his imbecilic comments about how I should have just flown to Missouri to play Gabe, and consider it an even greater success if he does not show up. Somehow, idiot #3, luckthefakers, sees my response as (a) INSTIGATING physical violence (does he even know what instigating means?); and (b) completely serious - he does not have the basic comprehension skills to understand the most blatant in-your-face sarcasm. The funny thing is that when he was called out on it by the rest of the posters on here, I suspect he realized what a buffoon he was made out to be, but tried to cover his tracks. He even went so far as to quote my response to Polov - but deleted the last two sentences in which I made my sarcastic references! That was such an obvious case of being caught red-handed. I'm glad that Lego called him out on that immediately, and if I am not mistaken, he has at least had the good sense to slink off with his tail between his legs after that.

Anyway, I am back in town now. Despite how much Gabe has insulted me (cough cough), I am still more than happy to play him any time, any where, and for any amount of money (with some basic minimum).
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudib
I'll stand by my comment that a winning NL100 HU player would have a huge edge on Gabe. Gabe is certainly a fine MTT player and I'm sure he beats the $5-$10 games at the BR. But there are plenty of fine MTT players who can't play high-stakes cash games and especially can't play HU.

Gabe keeps touting his MTT final table % (WTF is that anyway) and Claudia's ME performance as proof of his greatness and those things (among many other things he's said in this thread) illustrate his fundamental weaknesses when it comes to poker theory and simply understanding variance. There's a reason why people like samoleus/asa/ike are dying to play him for heaps of cash.
ding ding ding.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-28-2011 , 09:26 PM
WB samoleus. You were winning this thread but in your absence I think Daliman might have passed you. You didn't miss much except for Gabe saying he wasn't going to respond in this thread anymore (I think he's said that 6-7 times) and then coming back. Also, you missed one of his best misspellings yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
At the current time, I don't really care anything about playing him because I think it would be a waist of my time, If I was going to play someone to prove the merits of this thread, Id rather it be someone that can actually play & didn't admit to sucking at poker a year or so ago.
(This was re: playing Daliman)
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-29-2011 , 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
The real people that play poker outside of this thread think that the posters on this thread are complete morons. 90% of the post here are by the same 10 posters like ucantceme & mr beer etc. I've had 30 people walk up to me & tell me how stupid these guys were & wanted to post but didn't want to get caught up in the flame because they didn't have the time or patience to deal with the same 10 ******s spending 20 hours a day thinking of ways to insult real players.
I'm quite sure quality players have LOL'd at this thread but decided not to post because they don't have the time or patience to deal with a ****** spending 20 hours a day thinking of ways to insult real players.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-29-2011 , 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samoleus
I'm back in town. I don't have the patience to go back and read through everything I've missed, so please forgive me if I am rehashing something unnecessarily. With regards to the issues that were brought up about me by the three stooges: EDDtown, Polov, and luckthefakers (each outdoing the next in terms of sheer stupidity) I have a few things to add.

- I never even came close to instigating any threats of violence. My first reference about any sort of violence was a comment in which I said to EDDtown that I would be happy to kick his ass in the street after I kicked his ass on the felt, and that we would see whose teeth end up where. That was a direct response to his threat to kick my teeth into the back of my throat. ... Should I have refrained from responding to any of his sophomoric threats of physical violence? Yes, I suppose so. I was exasperated at Gabe's continued transparent ducking me with the most pathetic excuses, his incoherent and illogical babble, and his lack of any integrity or respect for his word. When he followed those antics by threatening me physically, I don't think that I stepped too far out of line by responding to his direct threat and just calling him out on it.

- Then comes idiot #2, Polov. His idiotic rave with his moronic examples about screwing a blonde after drinking however much vodka or eating steak after eating 50 hamburgers are so inapplicable and idiotic, that it makes one wonder if there actually is someone out there more stupid than Gabe. Then, when I call him out on it, he responds with schoolyard threats of physical violence, following up with a guarantee that he is going to come and find me and kick down my windowns "London style."

- When I respond to him, my response was so over the top sarcastic. I mean, I "invited" him to come to Boston and then followed that up with his EXACT words regarding how he should take it if I don't show up! It was such an obvious and direct play on his imbecilic comments about how I should have just flown to Missouri to play Gabe, and consider it an even greater success if he does not show up. Somehow, idiot #3, luckthefakers, sees my response as (a) INSTIGATING physical violence (does he even know what instigating means?); and (b) completely serious - he does not have the basic comprehension skills to understand the most blatant in-your-face sarcasm. The funny thing is that when he was called out on it by the rest of the posters on here, I suspect he realized what a buffoon he was made out to be, but tried to cover his tracks. He even went so far as to quote my response to Polov - but deleted the last two sentences in which I made my sarcastic references! That was such an obvious case of being caught red-handed. I'm glad that Lego called him out on that immediately, and if I am not mistaken, he has at least had the good sense to slink off with his tail between his legs after that.

Anyway, I am back in town now. Despite how much Gabe has insulted me (cough cough), I am still more than happy to play him any time, any where, and for any amount of money (with some basic minimum).
Samo, it is pretty obvious to most of the posters that you pulled a Girah, promoting yourself by challenging the best in hopes of gaining recognition, but having no real intentions of actually playing the match. Every one of your posts is Blue Fire this and Blue Fire that. “You guys should really read my blog at Blue Fire…blah blah blah” and “ Blue fire makes the best training videos on the net, free 7-day trial.”

Did Phil Granfiond put you up to this? Before you posted I didn’t know who the **** you were, I figured you were some busto NVG tard that figured if he could beat $5 HUSNGs w/ a 5%ROI then he could beat anyone, but now your name is all over the place.

A lot of your story doesn’t add up. You are Indian, right? Indians like warm weather, so why are you living in Boston? Why did you insult a “fish” when it is pretty common knowledge to keep the fish happy at all times? How come you lost your cool at a time when it was pretty obvious the match was going to happen? Great poker players are very patient, this does not seem true for you. Be honest, has Phil Granfiond ever played on any of your poker accounts or has he ever posted on your 2+2 account?

Last edited by SGT RJ; 08-29-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: don't circumvent the profanity filter
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-29-2011 , 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Win
Samo, it is pretty obvious to most of the posters that you pulled a Girah, promoting yourself by challenging the best in hopes of gaining recognition, but having no real intentions of actually playing the match. Every one of your posts is Blue Fire this and Blue Fire that. “You guys should really read my blog at Blue Fire…blah blah blah” and “ Blue fire makes the best training videos on the net, free 7-day trial.”

Did Phil Granfiond put you up to this? Before you posted I didn’t know who the fk you were, I figured you were some busto NVG tard that figured if he could beat $5 HUSNGs w/ a 5%ROI then he could beat anyone, but now your name is all over the place.

A lot of your story doesn’t add up. You are Indian, right? Indians like warm weather, so why are you living in Boston? Why did you insult a “fish” when it is pretty common knowledge to keep the fish happy at all times? How come you lost your cool at a time when it was pretty obvious the match was going to happen? Great poker players are very patient, this does not seem true for you. Be honest, has Phil Granfiond ever played on any of your poker accounts or has he ever posted on your 2+2 account?
Trying too hard now.

Also, Still waiting on evidence of when I said I suck at poker. Yet another of the MANY instances of you living up to th e nickname Gabe "All Talk" Costner?

Last edited by Daliman; 08-29-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-29-2011 , 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Win
A lot of your story doesn’t add up. You are Indian, right? Indians like warm weather, so why are you living in Boston?
Yes, hard to believe that an Indian would live in a city with the 10th largest Indian population in the US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_...dian_Americans

Statistically, if there are two Americans in the room and one is white and the other Indian, the Indian is more likely to come from Boston than the white person. But hey, don't let the facts stop you.

Last edited by Mr Beer; 08-29-2011 at 05:01 AM.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-29-2011 , 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliman
Trying too hard now.

Also, Still waiting on evidence of when I said I suck at poker. Yet another of the MANY instances of you living up to th e nickname Gabe "All Talk" Costner?
LOLÖ. Dailman. Iím not the one that needs to be offered 2 to 1 in order to play a girl. NOT a MAN but a girl. NOT a TEENAGED BOY, but a girlÖ.LMAO. If Annette Obrestad challenged me HU I would lol and snap accept, and that is one of the best female poker players. I have kids just like you Dailman. My 4 year old daughter is cute as a button, but unfortunately not so smart. For example, she will often dress up as a princess, but instead of acting like a normal princess she carries around a wand. I often tell her she is being a **** idiot, you can be a fairy or a princess but not a mix. Being a female, she doesnít listen, and will often wave the wand at me like something will actually happen to me. I tell her that shyt is fake and to not act like that at school or she will be put in classes w/ special kids. Even more embarrassing, she will crawl around on the floor and act like she is a dog. When I seen her start to do this I had to get her checked out. And guess what? She is actually above average intelligence So just imagine how ******ed the avg woman is. On the other hand, my son is 8 years old and is taking 9th grade math classes, and in his spare time he solves puzzles.

I would challenge you to HU Karaoke, but Iím not gay. Iíll put up w/ a drunk chick singin Karaoke, but thatís only if thereís a 50%+ chance she will play pokehers afterwards, if you know what I mean

Spoiler:
Sex


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beer
Yes, hard to believe that an Indian would live in a city with the 10th largest Indian population in the US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_...dian_Americans
Srry I'm not an expert on where Indians live like you are

It's kinda creepy you know this, do you have some kind of Indian fetish?
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-29-2011 , 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Win
Srry I'm not an expert on where Indians live like you are

It's kinda creepy you know this, do you have some kind of Indian fetish?
LOL, it was just obvious from your post that you are some kind of ignoramus and closet racist with your weird arguments that it's suspicious that an Indian might live in Boston. 30 seconds investigation showed that not only are you FOS but hilariously wrong as well.

It hardly takes a sexual fetish to spot how weak your line of reasoning is and then prove how stupid and wrong it was...more a matter of applying a bit of common sense. It's revealing that you think being attracted to Indians would be 'creepy' though, race mixing obviously gets you riled up there, Adolf.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-29-2011 , 06:39 AM
I wondered why this thread never died, so I gave it a read and now I see why. Great fun.

So if I understand correctly, the case put forward is that top players are all live players, where the definition of a 'top player' is specifically restricted to players who win live games and a 'live player' is any player who plays live even if that player is more famous playing online.

But more interesting is the discovery that live games in the US must be one of the most polite human activities in the world, given that a 'top' live player can get so easily insta-mega-insulted by a rather mild rebuke for prevarication. Especially given that playerís alleged propensity to overplay Ace-rag based on a read. In which case he would have certainly heard much worse if he played here in France.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-29-2011 , 07:37 AM
The argument goes...
The best poker players are live players and are better than online players.
If an online player can win a live game...they are hybrid....so they are no longer online players because thay have played live.
The only way to prove you are a top player you need to play live.
So live players >>> online players.
QED
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-29-2011 , 08:15 AM
We should just set up a boxing match b/w samo and Gabe.

I really do feel like Gabe is leveling us.

"I sat at a table yesterday with 3 Top 100 ME finishers, why would I be scared to play anybody?!?!?!"
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
08-29-2011 , 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchDressin
We should just set up a boxing match b/w samo and Gabe.

I really do feel like Gabe is leveling us.

"I sat at a table yesterday with 3 Top 100 ME finishers, why would I be scared to play anybody?!?!?!"
Sorry, but you could not be more wrong. The mods need to step up and close this pointless thread.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote

      
m