Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players

07-28-2011 , 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFish
I mean saying stuff like Claudia is the best/one of the best female players because she got 85th in the main event... you have to know how ridiculous that sounds, right? And saying you had a physical read on a kid in the 1 seat (who is a good player and wears a hoodie, no idea what type of "tells" you had), from the rail, when his back was to the rail... you really expect people to buy that? REALLY?
Rofl this is amazing.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFish
Gabe, if you'd prefer never speak to me again, that's your prerogative I guess, but you must know that I'm not the only one you know that feels this way?
I mean saying stuff like Claudia is the best/one of the best female players because she got 85th in the main event... you have to know how ridiculous that sounds, right? And saying you had a physical read on a kid in the 1 seat (who is a good player and wears a hoodie, no idea what type of "tells" you had), from the rail, when his back was to the rail... you really expect people to buy that? REALLY?
It's not only her 85th finish in the ME, but the fact that she wins at the toughest games in the world -- all at the Biloxi live scene where Gabe reads irises and crushes souls.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 07:40 PM
let's focus on the fact that Gabe offered to play samoleus for 40k for a second. this could be hilarious
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFish
Gabe, if you'd prefer never speak to me again, that's your prerogative I guess, but you must know that I'm not the only one you know that feels this way?
I mean saying stuff like Claudia is the best/one of the best female players because she got 85th in the main event... you have to know how ridiculous that sounds, right? And saying you had a physical read on a kid in the 1 seat (who is a good player and wears a hoodie, no idea what type of "tells" you had), from the rail, when his back was to the rail... you really expect people to buy that? REALLY?

Fish, You honestly think I said that Claudia is that good because she finished 85th in the main, Man you sound like these other kids on here, Just wanting to argue.

You know claudia has been playing for years for a living. She plays cash Fish & you know that. And try not to disect my every breath, but when I said she's the best female player, I'm just bragging on her behalf a little bit. I do think she might be, but I also recognize there are many other good female players like vanessa selbst etc. She can obviously play with any of them.

It was a matter of time before she hit something big. I'm not the only one that thinks she is or one of the best female players in the country. There's a line a mile long of them, most have given her money. Shes also played right in the game with some of the top PLO players in the world in vegas a few times & come out ahead, I guess she was lucky. Or maybe I taught her how to beat them.


I say shes that good because I know where she gets her edge. I taught her. She was beating $10 & $15 rake games in ATL 4 months after she started because I taught her angles & shes 1000% better now than even 2 or 3 years ago.

Also I'm well aware of what you & some others think because a lot of people talk in the poker world, I can also see it written on your face when I see you because of how you react , Yes that's a tell too. Why on earth would I sit here & lie about something like that. I had & have everything in the world going for me, what do I have to gain by saying such?

I have the proof, Anyone that's willing to spend a few hours with me I can prove it, yet rather than ask questions, people talk behind my back . The funny thing is, I can't count the number of people that have came up to me lately & said I thought you were crazy or lying & now believe it's true because they've taken some time to ask some questions & look at the proof I have. The guy that used to run the largest game in the country at one point is the one who told me how they were doing it.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucantcme63
let's focus on the fact that Gabe offered to play samoleus for 40k for a second. this could be hilarious
I'm with you, but I can nearly guarantee it still won't happen
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
And try not to disect my every breath, but when I said she's the best female player, I'm just bragging on her behalf a little bit. I do think she might be, but I also recognize there are many other good female players like vanessa selbst etc. She can obviously play with any of them.

in after another butchering of a very common word

and in before Claudia declines HU with selbst


EDIT: need to stay on point with the 40k samoleus offer
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 07:55 PM
Also Pious didn't have his back turned to the rail, He was in the 1 seat, exactly perpendicular to the rail & we were standing at an angle facing him 5 or 6 feat away.

Also a few years ago in the New Orleans Main event, when you shipped it with Q2s in SB & BB called with AQ I believe. I knew you didn't have it then I was 20 feet away. You looked at your cards & did a fake type eyebrow raise & kind of raised your posture. You already knew you were going to ship a certain range of hands when it came around because they guy was super tight & it wasn't a bad play, but I knew what you were doing & your body language confirmed it.

It's natural to do that & I learned it because I used to do it myself, I was trying to figure out what I do when I bluff or semibluff etc.


Your natural instinct was to fake a tell like you just saw something you liked before you put it in. You can laugh at that all you want but it's 100% true. I remember like it was yesterday. I got 4th in that event because I was coldecked by trips against trips to go out.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
5 or 6 feat away.

are you doing this on purpose at this point?
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 08:04 PM
Also your question about keeping the pots small & looking for better spots rather than 7 bet. I agree with a lot of that, however the biggest tells come out in the larger pots, that's when it is the most obvious & why Ive always done better in bigger games or games where good online players are making the game more aggressive. There are more spots to pick off when they are light.

The toughest games in the world for me to beat are the nitty games with short stacks where it's obvious what most of them have & you have to beat them with good folds & nickel & dime them in small pots.

The tougher games are better for body language readers because the pots are much larger because of strategic aggression. This may be different than what most have learned, but its definately true for me.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 08:17 PM
any stats on how know online pros did vs known live pros this summer?
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 08:19 PM
Ok, I know I'm almost certainly wasting my time here, but I'm bored so whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
Fish, You honestly think I said that Claudia is that good because she finished 85th in the main, Man you sound like these other kids on here, Just wanting to argue.
Uhh, what did I argue with exactly? All I said was using short term tournament results to boast about skills is really really really pointless/dumb and anyone who plays them seriously does/should know this, but apparently not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
You know claudia has been playing for years for a living. She plays cash Fish & you know that. And try not to disect my every breath, but when I said she's the best female player, I'm just bragging on her behalf a little bit. I do think she might be, but I also recognize there are many other good female players like vanessa selbst etc. She can obviously play with any of them.

It was a matter of time before she hit something big. I'm not the only one that thinks she is or one of the best female players in the country. There's a line a mile long of them, most have given her money. Shes also played right in the game with some of the top PLO players in the world in vegas a few times & come out ahead, I guess she was lucky. Or maybe I taught her how to beat them.
For the longest time you put her in those games and all I heard people talk about is how she was losing all your money and they couldn't believe you let her play those games. This is not me making stuff up either, this is only what I've heard, verbatim, from other people who played those games.
I do know she has a lot of heart and is capable of playing some pretty good poker for sure, and is certainly a winning player in a lot of games, but I highly doubt she was profitable in most of the lineups I've seen you guys play in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
Also I'm well aware of what you & some others think because a lot of people talk in the poker world, I can also see it written on your face when I see you because of how you react , Yes that's a tell too. Why on earth would I sit here & lie about something like that. I had & have everything in the world going for me, what do I have to gain by saying such?

I have the proof, Anyone that's willing to spend a few hours with me I can prove it, yet rather than ask questions, people talk behind my back . The funny thing is, I can't count the number of people that have came up to me lately & said I thought you were crazy or lying & now believe it's true because they've taken some time to ask some questions & look at the proof I have. The guy that used to run the largest game in the country at one point is the one who told me how they were doing it.
While I do believe, and actually KNOW for a fact that some of the technology you've talked about exists, because of what happened in the New Orleans game, I don't think for a second that any major casino in the world is using any sort of rigged technology, because it just makes no sense, they have absolutely nothing to gain, and you've still yet to ever come up with a logical explanation for why they would use such technology, NOT TO MENTION why YOU were the one punished by the casino, because I know a LOT of people, and I have NEVER heard anyone else claim to believe the casino was cheating them, at least in a poker room. Don't you think someone else would have said something if what you say were true? ONE person maybe?

And as far as the last statement about "the guy that used to run the largest game in the country" is completely ridiculous, and goes right along with many other anecdotal evidence you've provided. First of all there is probably 0 chance you know where/what the biggest game in the country actually is, and who cares if some home game was cheating it's players? That happens all the time, and has literally no bearing on anything to do with infrared lasers being used to cheat YOU out of $$ in an MGM-owned poker room.

When 99% of people are on the other side of the debate, don't you think there just might be a good reason for it?
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
Also Pious didn't have his back turned to the rail, He was in the 1 seat, exactly perpendicular to the rail & we were standing at an angle facing him 5 or 6 feat away.

Also a few years ago in the New Orleans Main event, when you shipped it with Q2s in SB & BB called with AQ I believe. I knew you didn't have it then I was 20 feet away. You looked at your cards & did a fake type eyebrow raise & kind of raised your posture. You already knew you were going to ship a certain range of hands when it came around because they guy was super tight & it wasn't a bad play, but I knew what you were doing & your body language confirmed it.

It's natural to do that & I learned it because I used to do it myself, I was trying to figure out what I do when I bluff or semibluff etc.


Your natural instinct was to fake a tell like you just saw something you liked before you put it in. You can laugh at that all you want but it's 100% true. I remember like it was yesterday. I got 4th in that event because I was coldecked by trips against trips to go out.
I never said tells didn't exist, and trust me, if you were in the BB that hand, I promise I would have had different physical behavior. This is just further proof that basing your play entirely on physical reads can go terribly wrong, because you could easily use the same information in a hand I play against you, and be completely off with your read!

And do you not understand that adding a bad beat story to the end of your posts (which you've done several times) makes you seem more like someone just trying to complain than someone trying to make valid points?

Also can you just give a single example of one of the tells you had on Heinz from 5 or 6 feat away? I know you don't wanna share all your secrets, but just a little sample please?
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 08:31 PM
Fish, Claudias won plenty over the years & those people saying that either didn't know what they were talking about or just joking around because it was my money. I even joked about it myself in the main event, I said now it's time for some return on my investment. Claudia won close to 6 figure money in all 3 last years we went to vegas, not counting winning 70 in january up stairs at Beau.


As far as the cheating thing, Again you are calling me a liar. What's funny is you actually know who the guy is most likely. A couple of our mutual friends or poker aquaintences actually know the story & know him. If you think I'm such a liar, then call Luke. Luke has talked to him about it before. Even Tyler knows him.


He knows because he was involved in the legislative process in mississippi gambling, he was suppose to help run one of the casinos. He's seen the equipment they use to do it.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
I have the proof, Anyone that's willing to spend a few hours with me I can prove it, yet rather than ask questions, people talk behind my back . The funny thing is, I can't count the number of people that have came up to me lately & said I thought you were crazy or lying & now believe it's true because they've taken some time to ask some questions & look at the proof I have. The guy that used to run the largest game in the country at one point is the one who told me how they were doing it.
I doubt you'll answer this, but I think if you were to provide even ONE name of an even semi-well known and respected member of the poker community that has, per your own words, asked some questions and looked at your proof and concluded it's true, it would go a long way towards establishing your credibility. Which is what you want, right? You want to be taken seriously and have logical, intelligent discussions about your ideas, correct? The tenor of your two most recent threads (this and the laser one) suggests that you are desperate to be acknowledged in the online forums as an intelligent and successful poker pro - your refusal to tell us who you actually are (other posters figured it out) and constantly talking in circles and backtracking and calling anyone that questions you an idiot suggests something else entirely.

Given your refusal to even tell us who you were at the start of the thread and the way you throw around statements that are highly implausible and impossible to verify (like "the poker hotbed as measured by good players per capita is Mississippi"), I doubt you'll provide us with one name. Which, of course, makes everyone strongly suspect that the reason you won't provide us with a name is because you can't, because they don't exist.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
Fish, Claudias won plenty over the years & those people saying that either didn't know what they were talking about or just joking around because it was my money. I even joked about it myself in the main event, I said now it's time for some return on my investment. Claudia won close to 6 figure money in all 3 last years we went to vegas, not counting winning 70 in january up stairs at Beau.


As far as the cheating thing, Again you are calling me a liar. What's funny is you actually know who the guy is most likely. A couple of our mutual friends or poker aquaintences actually know the story & know him. If you think I'm such a liar, then call Luke. Luke has talked to him about it before. Even Tyler knows him.


He knows because he was involved in the legislative process in mississippi gambling, he was suppose to help run one of the casinos. He's seen the equipment they use to do it.
OMG I NEVER CALLED YOU A LIAR!!!! If anything I said the guy who told you was a liar, but I didn't even say that!! I even said I knew some of the stuff exists, like what they were using in Scott's game!!! I just asked you to explain why they would use anything like this in a casino! You are failing to address any of the points I made!

And yes I know I abused the exclamation point, but how else am I supposed to get a point across around here??(!)
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 08:41 PM
If Fish wants to call a couple of people & ask them, They can verify this person exist & his position, One can even testify as to having conversation about this with him. However I give my word that he does not want to be involved anymore because of some of the people invovled & their relationship.


The only agenda I have regarding this is to expose it.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 08:47 PM
Fish, I don't wish to get into an why would they do this argument, I've been in circles with this a thousand times & its pretty obvious.


I had to change games in Atlanta about every 3 months because between me & the house , all the bad players went bust. This should be enough without getting into detailed argument. It's just big business & money.


The FEDs just raided the Casino where the gentlemen I spoke of has the equipment information


The chief was funneling money to the casino management group. Which runs the casino. Bribery & politics. We also know that the former miss gaming commission director works for said company.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 09:11 PM
Delusional.
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 09:19 PM
An FBI investigation of Mississippi Choctaw gaming facilities involves the tribe's ties to two Atlanta companies.

Mercury Gaming Group and its marketing arm, the Titan Agency, are a focus of the investigation, according to a new report from the Jackson Clarion-Ledger. Federal authorities raided the Silver Star and Grand Moon casinos near Philadelphia, Mississippi, last Tuesday.

The raid has drawn strong interest in Alabama, largely because of reports that the Choctaws spent some $13 million, funneled through GOP felon Jack Abramoff, to help Republican Bob Riley get elected governor in 2002. Riley's apparent desire to protect the Choctaws' market share by keeping gaming out of Alabama helped spark a federal electronic-bingo prosecution that is ongoing in Montgomery.



The FBI investigation is exploring the relationship between the tribe and Pattison. On Mercury's website, Pattison takes credit for growing revenues as CEO of the Silver Star Casino to more than $250 million.
Denson said Paul Harvey is the current CEO. Neither Harvey nor Pattison could be reached Tuesday for comment.



PAUL HARVEY was former Director of mississippi gaming, Also former airforce & pentagon
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-28-2011 , 09:27 PM
you realize not a single word of that post, nor any other report available on the Internet about the FBI raid on Choctaw casinos, indicate or even hint at card-changing or gaming fraud?
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-29-2011 , 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudib
you realize not a single word of that post, nor any other report available on the Internet about the FBI raid on Choctaw casinos, indicate or even hint at card-changing or gaming fraud?
he doesn't care
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-29-2011 , 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliman
Again, helluva read that he almost mucked, but then 6bet, yet she still blew it. Quite amazing that she decides to do it vs his UTG open also, when he is almost never going to fold, (LOL_3BET_SIZING) But yes, we know how you think she's better than me from playing with me for 2 hours, even though I have been supporting a family by playing for over 7 years now and have over 500k hands of 10-20NL and 100k hands on 25-50 NL played at over 3BB/100. As I stated numerous times before, let me know when you are coming back, we can play, and you can put up your 2-1 on her vs me. Then I'll take 3-1 vs you after.

BTW, I am now going to take the liberty of bequeathing a nickname upon you.

Gabe "All Talk" Costner. Let's see if we can get that one to stick, 2+2!

What is your online screen name? Which site did you play on?
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-29-2011 , 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
Samoleous - Whenever I said that I would play any online player in a live setting , I was just basically stating that I feel like I have an edge on an online player playing live. It was more of a figure of speech. It wasn't meant to be taken as an open challenge for any random player on the forum to try & set up a match.


I actually have been concentrating more on trading over the past year as you will notice I don't have any tournament results since last years main event. I keep most of my money there & haven't been playing as large lately. That doesn't mean that I will not start back playing high stakes again or will not play you, only that it's not really a big deal to me to say I beat an online player HU, It doesn't prove anything to myself as I've proved all I need to prove to myself. It might change the opinions of some posters on this forum if I beat you, but I don't really care enough to go wire out a bunch of money from my accounts so that I can play you.

If you want to come to biloxi & play 30 or 40k worth of freezeouts, then that's your choice if you think it will prove something. I will definately play you. I doubt that's enough money to entice you to come. But I hope if your a decent guy then you will have respect for someone elses money management. Most of the posters here don't. They just want to see if I'm right.
I say you are right. Figure of speech, not an open challenge etc. yet you have said you are willing to play samoleus for 30-40K so I say well done.

My random thoughts:

1 - I suspect you play poker quite well better than most in this forum give you credit for, but perhaps not as well as you think. You more or less claim to be as good as anyone in the world, expect doubters when making such statements.

2 - You could have responded to samoleus much eariler and not doing so you gave many the chance to justifiably ridicule you. Yet you have now responded and are willing to play him so that more than makes up for it IMO.

3 - You make a lot of legitimate points ITT IMO but your tone has been rather arrogant and condescending which is a big part of why you have so many haters.

I guess we are waiting on samoleus now. 30-40K is a fair chunk of change. I'm sure many hope this match will take place cause hell, we all wanna watch the fight which is only human nature.

Based on the tenor of this thread, samoleus will be favored by more than is justifiable and I will be tempted to bet on you.

GL!
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-29-2011 , 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDtown
Samoleous - Whenever I said that I would play any online player in a live setting , I was just basically stating that I feel like I have an edge on an online player playing live. It was more of a figure of speech. It wasn't meant to be taken as an open challenge for any random player on the forum to try & set up a match.


I actually have been concentrating more on trading over the past year as you will notice I don't have any tournament results since last years main event. I keep most of my money there & haven't been playing as large lately. That doesn't mean that I will not start back playing high stakes again or will not play you, only that it's not really a big deal to me to say I beat an online player HU, It doesn't prove anything to myself as I've proved all I need to prove to myself. It might change the opinions of some posters on this forum if I beat you, but I don't really care enough to go wire out a bunch of money from my accounts so that I can play you.

If you want to come to biloxi & play 30 or 40k worth of freezeouts, then that's your choice if you think it will prove something. I will definately play you. I doubt that's enough money to entice you to come. But I hope if your a decent guy then you will have respect for someone elses money management. Most of the posters here don't. They just want to see if I'm right.
Eddtown, thank you for qualifying your initial statement. I did not realize that your challenge was a figure of speech and meant to be a metaphorical challenge rather than a literal one.

You are correct that I would prefer to play you for more than 40K. However, I do accept your challenge and will come to biloxi to play you for 40K.

I hope it is acceptable to you that we define the parameters of the match publicly here on twoplustwo so that there is no possibility of either of us claiming any sort of a misunderstanding or logistical snafu. Am I clear that we will proceed with a HU match for 40K? Once you confirm this, I can outline a proposed format/structure (or you can do the same).
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote
07-29-2011 , 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samoleus
Eddtown, thank you for qualifying your initial statement. I did not realize that your challenge was a figure of speech and meant to be a metaphorical challenge rather than a literal one.

You are correct that I would prefer to play you for more than 40K. However, I do accept your challenge and will come to biloxi to play you for 40K.

I hope it is acceptable to you that we define the parameters of the match publicly here on twoplustwo so that there is no possibility of either of us claiming any sort of a misunderstanding or logistical snafu. Am I clear that we will proceed with a HU match for 40K? Once you confirm this, I can outline a proposed format/structure (or you can do the same).
Awesome. Let the games begin!
Live play vs. Online & why the Top ten players in the world will always be live players Quote

      
m