Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Ivey/Blom @ WSOPE 2010 Main Event (aka "official" thread) Ivey/Blom @ WSOPE 2010 Main Event (aka "official" thread)

09-26-2010 , 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore
Serious question:

Can someone even begin to explain Dan Shak's amazingly mystifying play of that hand? Is it a value bet or a bluff? In either event, why would he call the push? If his check-raise priced himself in to call a push, why would he do that?

Dan Shak is a guy who pops up from time to time, so we must assume he has a fair amount of experience.

The only thing I can assume is he is trying to push the guy off a better queen, which might have worked. But if that's the case, why not just push, if you're going to call his push anyway?

I just can't see investing so much time and trouble and money into a profession and then playing like this.

Unless I am missing something. That's why I'm asking.
You're not missing anything, IMHO. Every hand we've seen posted here, Shak has butchered in unique and horrible ways, grossly overplaying his hands.

That works for a while, especially in tournaments, getting folds... until you run into real hands. Him shipping a 6 high flush draw vs. Antonius was disgusting as well.

I can only surmise he's simply an bad player.
09-26-2010 , 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1nster
More info please
Roland now has twice as many chips.
09-26-2010 , 10:14 AM
Negreanu out with AK all-in pre vs. 33
09-26-2010 , 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatemoose
wow lol ur srsly crying cos i made some pretty poorly filmed footage into an actually decent video


the watermark on the vid is just cos i used trial software to convert the video to avi

jesus get a hold of yourself its not like decent footage is gonna be shown on tv or anything... wow you suck
Dude! I see your point that you don't think it should be a big deal that you edited this vid and reposted it. But everyone on here is super happy with Jim for posting these vid's, this is very cool of him to do, and if he says it bothers him that you did this, then it's pretty much a no brainer that you should apologize and agree not to do it again! If you had just said, "oh sorry I didn't realize this would upset you, i'll take the vid down, and btw that logo was just from my shareware", then everyone would understand. Seriously, imo posting the vid was just a mistake/misunderstanding, but at this point you have no excuses for responses like this... no one will support you in this thread, we all want jim to post more vid's.
09-26-2010 , 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by molinn9
What is going on hasnt Viktor bean deal K2 yett!!!
somehow this sounds very "jamaican-english" to me.. must be the awesome spelling of "bean"..
09-26-2010 , 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1nster
Whats isildurs chip count at?
Viktor Blom opened for 6,800 and Roland de Wolfe called to see a flop; de Wolfe flat-called a further 14,500 from Blom when the flop came down {j-Hearts}{6-Clubs}{7-Clubs}.

The turn was the {10-Clubs} and this time they both checked. But on the {5-Hearts} river, things got interesting.

Blom now bet out 25,000 - only for de Wolfe to shove for around 86,000. A long period in the tank followed, and eventually Blom called, but de Wolfe tabled {5-Clubs}{5-Spades} for a rivered set, and doubled to around 210,000.

"Nice bluff," laughed Blom, whose downward motion in the chip counts continues. He's at 350,000 now.
09-26-2010 , 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfg
someone retweet him "yes you're right, someone who loses a 2 million dollar bet and pays it in 5000 monthly installments, that's a poker god.
I replied to him that it was much better to idolise drug dealers...
09-26-2010 , 10:19 AM
This blom kid never has it Im just gona C/C C/C with an underpair. Yeah.
09-26-2010 , 10:19 AM
Blom still has 350k (little over 100bb's), nothing to worry.
09-26-2010 , 10:19 AM
GG Blom was fun while it lasted, i would predict is 95% that he will bust this or next level.
09-26-2010 , 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiseWanMiryon
Does anyone know the brand of that hoody or something that looks similar?
09-26-2010 , 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCS
Quick update about it ? PN is hardly giving info about Blom, prolly has something to do with T G.
Yeah probably. Bluff Europe are doing a ton of stuff on Blom though.
09-26-2010 , 10:23 AM
Bean deals ITT
09-26-2010 , 10:24 AM
Yeah doesn't look good for Blom. He doesn't slow down.
09-26-2010 , 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore
Serious question:

Can someone even begin to explain Dan Shak's amazingly mystifying play of that hand? Is it a value bet or a bluff? In either event, why would he call the push? If his check-raise priced himself in to call a push, why would he do that?

Dan Shak is a guy who pops up from time to time, so we must assume he has a fair amount of experience.

The only thing I can assume is he is trying to push the guy off a better queen, which might have worked. But if that's the case, why not just push, if you're going to call his push anyway?

I just can't see investing so much time and trouble and money into a profession and then playing like this.

Unless I am missing something. That's why I'm asking.
He hasnt a clue what hes doing himself so no point trying to work it out. Mystifying really considering he plays lots of 10k's.

Dont know which hand was worse out of this one and the Antonio one.
09-26-2010 , 10:28 AM
Only 43 players left.
Blom still has 350k, in 7th position.
I hope he runs good now.
09-26-2010 , 10:30 AM
Lol at the nit Matusow criticising Blom.
Get lost Mike.
Paying off $2million in monthly installments.Pathetic.

Mike is always talking about how much "heart" he has.
Well, Blom has more heart than you ever did Mike.

Last edited by Stoichkov130; 09-26-2010 at 10:36 AM.
09-26-2010 , 10:32 AM
"Nice bluff," laughed Blom, whose downward motion in the chip counts continues. He's at 350,000 now.
09-26-2010 , 10:33 AM
Matusow really isn't one to criticise especially when every time he goes on TV he talks about being/going broke.
09-26-2010 , 10:35 AM
lol whens the last time matusow said something nice about somebody?

20 min break

43 players left 36 get paid.

chip average is 242k
09-26-2010 , 10:38 AM
I think Blom needs to catch some cards. Big stacks are building up all around him, and now he could double or bust in one hand.
09-26-2010 , 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore
Serious question:

Can someone even begin to explain Dan Shak's amazingly mystifying play of that hand? Is it a value bet or a bluff? In either event, why would he call the push? If his check-raise priced himself in to call a push, why would he do that?

Dan Shak is a guy who pops up from time to time, so we must assume he has a fair amount of experience.

The only thing I can assume is he is trying to push the guy off a better queen, which might have worked. But if that's the case, why not just push, if you're going to call his push anyway?

I just can't see investing so much time and trouble and money into a profession and then playing like this.

Unless I am missing something. That's why I'm asking.
he's probably the type of player who first raises for value and hasn't thought about what to do vs a 3bet yet and faces a new decision.
figuring folding would be awful since he got there like he did, he calls..
09-26-2010 , 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore
Serious question:

Can someone even begin to explain Dan Shak's amazingly mystifying play of that hand? Is it a value bet or a bluff? In either event, why would he call the push? If his check-raise priced himself in to call a push, why would he do that?

Dan Shak is a guy who pops up from time to time, so we must assume he has a fair amount of experience.

The only thing I can assume is he is trying to push the guy off a better queen, which might have worked. But if that's the case, why not just push, if you're going to call his push anyway?

I just can't see investing so much time and trouble and money into a profession and then playing like this.

Unless I am missing something. That's why I'm asking.


tilt issues or just bad imo
09-26-2010 , 10:54 AM
LOL, Blom all-in for 280k on the river first hand back from the break with maybe 174k in the middle. Monstrously sick....
09-26-2010 , 10:55 AM
gah at the de wolfe getting uber lucky. these god damn live donks

so did he win the pot, or are they tanking?

      
m