Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #226
JP OSU
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JP OSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 8,853
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS1273 View Post
I'd guess that half the reason he was invited to PAD had to with chatter about his stats and online winnings...the other half, maybe cause someone said he'd be competitive and maybe entertaining. But that's a different realm vs. real life interpretation of his overall image.

The CL thing...could be him, could not be him. However, his so-called defense team hasn't addressed it...so who knows?

Getting interviews online is a far cry from getting a pokersite CEO or related business to 'want" you. Comes down to impressions...

G2CU...brash, young, not a lot of substance to what he says, etc.

Any known pro...experienced, humble, outgoing, and is relatable to most players.

Winner.....older pros who know how to play the $$$ game. Any big biz that invests money on him at this point....is burning their cash. If they are, it's also a dying ship that's thinking he'll turn the tide when he won't

Image is everything when buying, selling, & making money!
You are pretty much consistently the worst poster on 2p2, which is saying quite a lot.
JP OSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #227
TiredOldMan
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 370
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor517 View Post
haha, valid point. people seem to ignore the fact that yes, he is doing it to get attention. he doesnt gamble that much, doesnt even drink that much, and is just doing it for show, and guess what? its working! stuff like this self promotion makes it easier to operate in the live poker world, get into good games, get sponsorship deals, etc. even if he comes across like a douchebag, it doesnt matter because thats what people want to see. they dont want to see some boring kid on tv sitting there in a nice comfortable small room with no flashy gear or whatever. andrew is playing up his part very well.
This is what I thought was the point of good2cu doing the video in the first place - to help further the "brand name". Seems like that helps you get noticed in the poker community. I realize that it can come across as d-baggery, but the people who know him irl say he's a good guy and so I don't get all the hate.

I wish I had Photoshop skills - this thread cries out for one with the "Leave Britney Alone" guy
TiredOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #228
clickingbuttons
veteran
 
clickingbuttons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: African
Posts: 2,779
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

This guy is a complete **** head, a lot like EM2, i do not know who is worse
clickingbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #229
xedin
grinder
 
xedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: montreal
Posts: 504
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B View Post
g2cu,
where did you get the blackjack & coke painting? who was the artist?

sick place, ship it
http://www.michaelgodard.com/index.p...id=26&album=10
xedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #230
dibbs
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,341
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Robl is such troll fuel, no matter what he does.

I wouldn't even want to see what I'd look like in front of a camera when I was 21, especially if I had money.

Much respect for him putting together a plan this past year or so and working what I would imagine to be very hard to get it.

And WTF is a Lange? Googling pointed me to ski boots and pet grooming equipment. Kinda baller, I guess.
dibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #231
Ultim8Degen
banned
 
Ultim8Degen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Capucine FTW
Posts: 1,967
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88jayhawks View Post
i'm not from kansas.
funny. you went to KU and you called lawrence your home. but of course, if you insist that you are not from kansas and have no affiliation there... who cares.

just the fact that you would so quickly disown kansas speaks volumes about your character.

(much like the character of many people from kansas. ironic that the more you try to be something else, you just end up being more yourself. lol)
Ultim8Degen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #232
Glenkeen
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 59
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPoker View Post
Man you guys are harsh. I thought it was pretty cool. The kid is 21, ease up people. If I had that kind of money at 21 who knows who kind of douche I'd be.
True. But his life path and choices(unless he changes) will deny him ever having the self assured charisma that define people like Doyle Brunson, Eli Elezra, Hoyt Corkins, etc.
Glenkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #233
Irieguy
veteran
 
Irieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,264
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor517 View Post
the amount of envious hate in this thread is truly astounding, and the only people that are posting about what a 'douchebag' andrew is are busto fish. get over it, stop acting like jealous little children; it makes you look 100x worse than the way you try to make him out to be. sweet place andrew.
Obviously this is the true part of this thread.

When I used to be more active on 2+2 this type of thing didn't happen very much because all of the "known" members of the 2+2 community wouldn't let people get away with acting like jealous, hatefull little punks.

Clearly NVG is just a free-for-all populated primarily by under-aged busto posttards but still the forum would be much more fun if we supported one another. Andrew is a long time 2+2er who rose from busto high school internet poker wannabe (like all the haters here but without any hate) to one of the very few elite players in the world capable of beating high-stakes online, high-stakes live, and high-stakes tournament poker. It's not like this was Phil Hellmuth's HSL.

Congratulations Andrew and shame on the moderators and experienced posters for allowing this type of vitriol to flourish. It degrades the 2+2 community and ultimately just leaves a bad taste in the mouthes of the hundreds of players who have made most of their friends and money due largely to the existence of this site.

I really can't believe the inanity at work here. Even if you are a busto fish with no self esteem, wouldn't you like Good2cu, Apathy, Raptor, Durrr, Jman, Usher, et al to post about news views and gossip? They're more likely than most to have good stories and insight.

My opinion is that we should avoid alienating and ridiculing the long-time members of 2+2 who are achieving the most success. This seems quite obvious to me for reasons that extend beyond what I have already suggested. Not to mention the fact that being a jerk is so hugely - LifeEV that it's likely never worthwhile to act like one.

Irieguy

Last edited by Irieguy; 06-22-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Irieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:02 PM   #234
Watchmaker
banned
 
Watchmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,856
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbs View Post
Robl is such troll fuel, no matter what he does.
And WTF is a Lange? Googling pointed me to ski boots and pet grooming equipment. Kinda baller, I guess.
Not just "pet grooming equiptment".

THE Pet Grooming Equipment...

I went busto and Raptor was trying to help me figure out some kind of a trade to keep the bills paid... so if anyone in the Chicago, IL area is in need of pet grooming services, IM for rates.
Watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #235
Eagles
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Eagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saving the season
Posts: 13,022
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Irieguy wins this thread. Just like every other thread he posts in.
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #236
Lurker.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Lurker.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: May your pain be champagne
Posts: 6,514
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

so is good2cu going to play christophers in a grudge match or what? lets keep this thread on track people, christ.
Lurker. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #237
JBS1273
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Inside 27offsuit's head!
Posts: 2,041
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP OSU View Post
You are pretty much consistently the worst poster on 2p2, which is saying quite a lot.
Hmmmm....really? Sorry for using real world logic here instead of 2p2 ego logic when discussing things.

I'm also guessing you're under 25...you'll learn soon enough! The high life doesn't last forever.

PS...I work in the media biz for a living...I know how advertisers and businessmen think and spend their money.

If you don't like my views about someone who seems to have a larger questionable rep...that's fine. But making a claim like you did after reading 2-3 posts in one thread is simply whacked!

I'll take an older, mature, modest pro anyday to endorse my product over a young, immature person like G2CU anyday and everyday for the next 10 years...we'll see who's got more sponsorship bank and who's product would sell more.

Older players relate to established pros...older players also have a lot more money on average than your average 18-25 yr. old. Convince me how avg. Joe at home that's looking to pick an online site to play on...is gonna see a commercial with Andrew on it and wanna play there based on his image?

Might happen 2 out of 10...but watching a Doyle, Hellmuth, DN, Ivey, etc. that seems real and more modest is make avg. Joe's money fly out quicker than he count it!

Trust me!
JBS1273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #238
PanchoStern
veteran
 
PanchoStern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: McAllen, Texas, USA
Posts: 3,197
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

So has anyone figured out what a Lange is?
PanchoStern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #239
JBS1273
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Inside 27offsuit's head!
Posts: 2,041
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irieguy View Post
Obviously this is the true part of this thread.

When I used to be more active on 2+2 this type of thing didn't happen very much because all of the "known" members of the 2+2 community wouldn't let people get away with acting like jealous, hatefull little punks.

Clearly NVG is just a free-for-all populated primarily by under-aged busto posttards but still the forum would be much more fun if we supported one another. Andrew is a long time 2+2er who rose from busto high school internet poker wannabe (like all the haters here but without any hate) to one of the very few elite players in the world capable of beating high-stakes online, high-stakes live, and high-stakes tournament poker. It's not like this was Phil Hellmuth's HSL.

Congratulations Andrew and shame on the moderators and experienced posters for allowing this type of vitriol to flourish. It degrades the 2+2 community and ultimately just leaves a bad taste in the mouthes of the hundreds of players who have made most of their friends and money due largely to the existence of this site.

I really can't believe the inanity at work here. Even if you are a busto fish with no self esteem, wouldn't you like Good2cu, Apathy, Raptor, Durrr, Jman, Usher, et al to post about news views and gossip? They're more likely than most to have good stories and insight.

My opinion is that we should avoid alienating and ridiculing the long-time members of 2+2 who are achieving the most success. This seems quite obvious to me for reasons that extend beyond what I have already suggested. Not to mention the fact that being a jerk is so hugely - LiveEV that it's likely never worthwhile to act like one.

Irieguy
While I agree with the direction of your overall intent, there's a couple of things that don't make sense.

-One can't express a neg. opinion of what someone's house looks like just because they've posted here only for a little while?

I'll agree the personal attacks have made it spiral sideways hard, but for some vets to assume (and post here) that most everyone that doesn't like g2cu is a young busto fish is really well...a total double standard to your overall point IMO.

-Yes...I would like to hear stories from some the 2p2 vets. Most of the time it's what I read here...some interesting insight into play, etc. But sometimes, some of the "vets" come crashing down on non-vets when they have a different view...which in turn causes the non-vets to spew their dislike about a vet...which sometimes leads to this stuff here!

Lastly though...I don't think it's right to say that this thread is the epittamy of what's bad. Obviously, some of the neg. posters vs. g2cu have obv. had a personal neg. run-in with him or have witnessed him act wrongly to others online...hence their neg. hateful opinion of him. It's just natural order of occurence IMO.

I do respect what you have to say...since you seem to keep things level in any posts of yours that I have read.

If it's not true and these posters don't mean anything to the vets, why bother responding and trashing the haters in return?

Hope you see my POV...

Much respect...

JBS 1273

Last edited by JBS1273; 06-22-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
JBS1273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #240
jayhawks
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jayhawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,012
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultim8Degen View Post
funny. you went to KU and you called lawrence your home. but of course, if you insist that you are not from kansas and have no affiliation there... who cares.

just the fact that you would so quickly disown kansas speaks volumes about your character.

(much like the character of many people from kansas. ironic that the more you try to be something else, you just end up being more yourself. lol)
wtf are you talking about? i went to school at KU, i lived 5 years, i am from Minnesota. i am not even going to waste my time with the other bull**** you said.
jayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #241
Jay.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Jay.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 8,447
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoStern View Post
So has anyone figured out what a Lange is?
I'll take a wild guess that it's the 3rd result from google's search for Lange
Jay. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:44 PM   #242
raptor517
2013 November Nine
 
raptor517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Macau
Posts: 9,749
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS1273 View Post
Obviously, some of the neg. posters vs. g2cu have obv. had a personal neg. run-in with him or have witnessed him act wrongly to others online...hence their neg. hateful opinion of him. It's just natural order of occurence IMO.
i highly doubt more than 1 in 20 people that talk crap and spew negativity about andrew have ever met him/had personal run in.
raptor517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #243
raptor517
2013 November Nine
 
raptor517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Macau
Posts: 9,749
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
Not just "pet grooming equiptment".

THE Pet Grooming Equipment...

I went busto and Raptor was trying to help me figure out some kind of a trade to keep the bills paid... so if anyone in the Chicago, IL area is in need of pet grooming services, IM for rates.
when i bought my dog shadow, i had no1 to take care of him, clip his toenails, comb his lush coat, or give him the 3 walks a day he so deserves. luckily, watchmaker came to my aid, and we have been very close ever since.
raptor517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #244
JBS1273
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Inside 27offsuit's head!
Posts: 2,041
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor517 View Post
i highly doubt more than 1 in 20 people that talk crap and spew negativity about andrew have ever met him/had personal run in.
I said...had a personal run-in or have witnessed something he did online. I also forgot about reading something here or elsewhere and forming their own opinion of him being a jerk or whatver they want to call it.

In order to develop a neg. opinion of someone...there has to be a line of information that's caused them develop said neg. opinion.
JBS1273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #245
g-p
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
g-p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: 11
Posts: 6,705
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irieguy View Post
Congratulations Andrew and shame on the moderators and experienced posters for allowing this type of vitriol to flourish.
you talkin **** ????
g-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #246
Watchmaker
banned
 
Watchmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,856
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Look. You gotta admit. It's some pretty sick grooming gear. I mean, compared to the stuff they're importing out of China these days- the offerings by Lange are like, 'Westminster Kennel Club' hard core.

As an aside, if I ever move up to the highest levels and they do High Stakes Living at my place, I envision myself opening the door and letting Lizzy in, then greeting her by saying "So, this is my pad. The reason I had you over is because I wanted to read the all the internet threads about how much of a dump my place is and how big of a douche I am... Anyway, this is the 2000 gallon fishtank.... "
Watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #247
Irieguy
veteran
 
Irieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,264
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-p View Post
you talkin **** ????
Just Livin'

Irieguy
Irieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #248
[Phill]
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
[Phill]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 52,719
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS1273 View Post
I'd guess that half the reason he was invited to PAD had to with chatter about his stats and online winnings...the other half, maybe cause someone said he'd be competitive and maybe entertaining. But that's a different realm vs. real life interpretation of his overall image.
His episode is like an old school meet new school, where the old school was Doyle and two other well known live pros, and the new school was Andrew, Brian Townsend and someone else. I have no idea about results. The reason Andrew was picked was largely due to how many hours he has put in live and im guessing his table presence and personality impressed someone really high up to get him picked.

Quote:
The CL thing...could be him, could not be him. However, his so-called defense team hasn't addressed it...so who knows?

Getting interviews online is a far cry from getting a pokersite CEO or related business to 'want" you. Comes down to impressions...
Well, the craiglist stuff im not touching. Someone made a wild guess, i dont think its relevent whether he did advertise on craigslist or not, whatever.

Getting noticed is what poker sites want. That is why FTP has been sponsoring a lot of people who arent even close to the poker skills that Andrew has. That said, he is certainly heading in the right direction and im sure given the choice between him and half the random nobodies that FTP is signing (linky) i know who is going to get face time between Andrew and some rando like Biorac who seems to have been picked simply because he is from Russia or Poland or whatever (like most of the clearly lesser players they have signed).

Would you choose Negreanu over him, obv, but as far as young online players go i would pick him over a LOT of names because he wants to go out there and sell himself and by that token he will be selling the site he is tagged to.

Quote:
G2CU...brash, young, not a lot of substance to what he says, etc.

Any known pro...experienced, humble, outgoing, and is relatable to most players.

Winner.....older pros who know how to play the $$$ game. Any big biz that invests money on him at this point....is burning their cash. If they are, it's also a dying ship that's thinking he'll turn the tide when he won't

Image is everything when buying, selling, & making money!
Most of these so called "older pros" are broke degen losers. With g2cu you have someone who doesnt play the pit, who seems relatively open in front of a camera (he certainly hasnt been on the media training courses a lot of signed pros are sent on) and he is a truly quality player.
[Phill] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #249
Ultim8Degen
banned
 
Ultim8Degen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Capucine FTW
Posts: 1,967
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88jayhawks View Post
wtf are you talking about? i went to school at KU, i lived 5 years, i am from Minnesota. i am not even going to waste my time with the other bull**** you said.
outstanding. i am tired of you blundering into threads where your opinions are pointless/irrelevant. i really hope that you never reply to my posts again. now if you can only follow through with what you say....
Ultim8Degen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #250
turbohydrate
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Sydney
Posts: 178
Re: HSL: Andrew Robl

I liked how he was humble about not being born with great poker instincts but instead admitted he learned a lot from poker books. That was very undouche like, and he should get some credit for not doing the whole "I never read poker books" bull****.
turbohydrate is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive