Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Highlights of the Phil Hellmuth Reddit AMA Highlights of the Phil Hellmuth Reddit AMA
Two Plus Two Forums
Highlights of the Phil Hellmuth Reddit AMA

09-19-2015 , 05:34 PM
He thinks players were all paid back.

Quote:
I was proud to have had a big role in forcing an investigation at UB, which led to $25 million being returned to the players. People said I should have left the site, and that would have been easy to do as I was wanted by Full Tilt. But I saw another pro get haunted for years because the site he repped DID NOT pay the players back. Staying was the right move, and I was happy when the players were paid back. I was also happy when evidence emerged a few years later that made it clear that I wasn't aware of what was happening. The poker world stuck by, but the evidence was nice and completely shut up the haters.
Rest of it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tabled/comm...he_poker_brat/
09-19-2015 , 05:41 PM
Way to silence those haters, Phil!

09-19-2015 , 05:44 PM
Thats pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. He comes off great. I love Phil Helmuth as a poker player and personality. He seems 100% sure legalised poker is coming to the USA.
09-19-2015 , 06:15 PM
How about the money still owed after the site went down?? I'm still waiting for that.
09-19-2015 , 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMattersMan Highlights of the Phil Hellmuth Reddit AMA
Thats pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. He comes off great. I love Phil Helmuth as a poker player and personality. He seems 100% sure legalised poker is coming to the USA.
Is this a level ?

If by "cool", you mean delusional, maybe.

Do you, DarkMattersMan, not understand UB players were burned for millions of dollars by the site when AP/UB closed ?

What are the chances that the funds Phil thinks were payments to cheated players were just looted from the overall players' funds ?
09-19-2015 , 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzesh Highlights of the Phil Hellmuth Reddit AMA
Is this a level ?

If by "cool", you mean delusional, maybe.

Do you, DarkMattersMan, not understand UB players were burned for millions of dollars by the site when AP/UB closed ?

What are the chances that the funds Phil thinks were payments to cheated players were just looted from the overall players' funds ?
This needs more
09-19-2015 , 06:46 PM
Jfc he is nuts

Some one email him that mammoth UB/AP thread where everyone complains about NOT getting their money

Or even some legit news articles outlining the same

He must be talking about the first round of refunds relating to the cheating (whixh they were well short too and their is taped evidence of owners trying to short change people) scandal and is very confused

Players got shafted and this deluded **** thinks everything was all sorted

Didnt he also get payments related to UB after Black Friday?
09-19-2015 , 11:17 PM
PH just posted a pic of him and Bill Clinton on Twitter. Living the life I guess . . .
09-19-2015 , 11:20 PM
did this idiot just say poker is illegal in japan?? guess the news of having a pokerstars pro sponsored from japan for years means he is illegal to play Kappa123

/sarcasm
09-19-2015 , 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackDan Highlights of the Phil Hellmuth Reddit AMA
Jfc he is nuts

Some one email him that mammoth UB/AP thread where everyone complains about NOT getting their money

Or even some legit news articles outlining the same

He must be talking about the first round of refunds relating to the cheating (whixh they were well short too and their is taped evidence of owners trying to short change people) scandal and is very confused

Players got shafted and this deluded **** thinks everything was all sorted

Didnt he also get payments related to UB after Black Friday?
I can't fathom any set of circumstances by which someone capable of functioning in society could have been even remotely involved with UB and actually believe what he's saying. Thus, imo, he is intentionally lying.
09-19-2015 , 11:28 PM
Will somebody please call these pussies out next time they are at the table with them, Jesus ****ing christ phil
09-19-2015 , 11:38 PM
I just watched Phil on the WSOP 2015 ESPN broadcast. In fewer than 3 sentences he said that "deserve" isn't a word one can use in poker, then immediately said that he deserved to have a big chip stack in the event.
09-20-2015 , 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega Highlights of the Phil Hellmuth Reddit AMA
Will somebody please call these pussies out next time they are at the table with them, Jesus ****ing christ phil
WSOP floor has actually issued warnings to people bringing this up to Phil.
09-20-2015 , 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSKS Highlights of the Phil Hellmuth Reddit AMA
did this idiot just say poker is illegal in japan?? guess the news of having a pokerstars pro sponsored from japan for years means he is illegal to play Kappa123

/sarcasm
it is of questionable legality, actually. Kind of like post-UIGEA in the US.... so he isn't really super far off.
09-20-2015 , 12:21 AM
How much is still owed to players do we know?
09-20-2015 , 01:57 AM
holy **** he legitimately thinks hes in rounders
09-20-2015 , 04:13 AM
jeeez what a ******t

Quote:
Sam Grizzle!?! Sam has always been one of the funniest guys in the poker world: huge personality! One day he asked me to save him a seat in a game while he went to eat. After 90 minutes, I made the casino stop taking his $9 every 30 minutes, cause so much time had passed, AND then he shows up and the game is full, DOH! So he wants to fight me...I say, well you better do it this week while my back is out, and suddenly I'm in my first and only fist fight ive ever had in the poker world! We both land punches, but next day not a mark on either of us (BEST FIGHT EVER cause no one was hurt).
i mean, there´s nothing wrong with not wanting to fight at all, but wtf at getting into a fight and being proud that no one was hurt lmfao

Last edited by mumpfmampf; 09-20-2015 at 04:36 AM.
09-20-2015 , 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMattersMan Highlights of the Phil Hellmuth Reddit AMA
Thats pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. He comes off great. I love Phil Helmuth as a poker player and personality. He seems 100% sure legalised poker is coming to the USA.
WTF

I know you claim to be out of the loop on a lot of things but this is just ****ing absurd.

The guy is a joke, all money was not returned and he cashed in big time on the losses of the poker community ffs

I don't usually tell people they are clueless (well yeah i do) but you are definitely clueless here

Add this to the fact he is one of the biggest douchebags in all of poker and you're way off base
09-20-2015 , 04:41 AM
If you put money in a shady site you know the risk you are taking and shouldn't be upset when you don't get it back
09-20-2015 , 04:53 AM
"Do you realize how annoying your namedropping is?"

"Put yourself in my shoes etc.." - starts namedropping

classic phil
09-20-2015 , 06:36 AM
ITT I have learned that the legend Phil Helmuth personally stole millions of dollars from players and pocketed it for himself. Thanks for enlightening me NVG detectives, I really am naive and clueless. Cheers.
09-20-2015 , 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMattersMan Highlights of the Phil Hellmuth Reddit AMA
ITT I have learned that the legend Phil Helmuth personally stole millions of dollars from players and pocketed it for himself. Thanks for enlightening me NVG detectives, I really am naive and clueless. Cheers.
I suppose next you will be telling us that Howard Lederer, Chris Ferguson and Ray Bitar are all decent guys and never intentionally did anything wrong, things would have sorted themselves out in the long run and all would have been better than before. They did it for us.

Logic - look it up (and while you are at it maybe look further into Phil's involvement with UB and come back when you have a clue)
09-20-2015 , 07:51 AM
Vintage Gold. Thanks password hacked. I lol'd
09-20-2015 , 07:58 AM
What a ****ing joke

      
m