Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables

09-27-2023 , 11:22 AM
When seating scripts first appeared the HS (or midstakes) community would have known as well that this was a future detriment to online poker. It does not realize a healthy poker environment, fish feel chased, need to start tables declines etc etc

Now was there ever a community wide seating script boycott? NO, in no time the HS players all had a seating script even before they became widely public. They didnt care about the poker environment or its future. They cared about their profits and their profits alone. And its no different now. Its a selfish act so please stop pretending this is for the poker community.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-27-2023 , 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=Greedient;58278165]
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicspin
What a braindead take. Please delete this app and stop arguing with people trying to do something good for the community.



The community is not a small handful of players who consistently only think and act in their best interests and **** on those who actually want a community wide change.



Might want to go look at the numbers of players at each stake and see the ppl paying the highest % of rake per BB and the most players are the lower stakes.



The HS/Pro's consistently only look out for themselves and don't ever think about trying to get better deals for the community.

Stop pretending this is anything other than protecting your pocket just like the NLH guys did.

Here's an idea. Stop playing on GG because nobody really cares outside of coaches, stables and HS players after the last time
I don't even play on GG, people that play low to midstakes have a choice but the highstakes guys are clearly limited in how much volume they can get and GG is accessible from some countries that other sites don't allow. I understand the morons that are taking GG's side on this and quoting me are never gonna come close to highstakes but some of us have or will in the future and this will benefit us while not taking anything away from droolers like you - so because they can't get GG to lower rake everywhere they shouldn't try to lower it for themselves for limits where it is laughably higher than the competitors?
I really don't understand the stupidity required not to support this as a poker player, kinda like telling people in an African village petitioning for clean water to stop complaining and move to Europe.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-27-2023 , 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=magicspin;58278244]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedient
I don't even play on GG, people that play low to midstakes have a choice but the highstakes guys are clearly limited in how much volume they can get and GG is accessible from some countries that other sites don't allow. I understand the morons that are taking GG's side on this and quoting me are never gonna come close to highstakes but some of us have or will in the future and this will benefit us while not taking anything away from droolers like you - so because they can't get GG to lower rake everywhere they shouldn't try to lower it for themselves for limits where it is laughably higher than the competitors?
I really don't understand the stupidity required not to support this as a poker player, kinda like telling people in an African village petitioning for clean water to stop complaining and move to Europe.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
The part you seem to be missing out on is the it's for the community BS that annoys others.
People are sick to death of the ppl making the most from the game complaining about rake and looking for support/boycotts when they do nothing for the eco system below them.
The only stupidity going on is the players playing on GG which allowed them to get a stranglehold on the online poker scene.
Like I said previously. If you play on GG you deserve all the bad luck and high rake as they are complete scumbags and it's well known.

I'd also like to point out it was HS regs and Pros who promoted GG heavily and got all the traffic there so it's their own fault they have very little choices
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-27-2023 , 12:51 PM
Of course there is a lot of BS in the petition. But the main idea getting the rake down, so you have a possibilty to win, is sound and necessary for poker. Another possibilty would be to ditch HS altogether, wanting that?
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-27-2023 , 01:59 PM
Or you could make poker a pure gambling game, you lose or you lose a lot long term. Bye, bye.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-27-2023 , 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaaynde
Of course there is a lot of BS in the petition. But the main idea getting the rake down, so you have a possibilty to win, is sound and necessary for poker. Another possibilty would be to ditch HS altogether, wanting that?
First the players need access to the data/metric that determines/measures this.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-27-2023 , 03:36 PM
Great, well informed original post.

Good luck.

I agree there is a strong need for rake reform for various omaha games. The rake structures for plo8 and plo5-8 also tend to be very bad and decrease the mass appeal of fairly popular poker variants.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-27-2023 , 04:39 PM
You guys can bitch at posters like Slugant, Greedient, etc. all you want, but they are absolutely correct in terms of this being how 95% of the poker community feels about the HS regs. I don't necessarily blame the HS regs as their job is to maximize their income, which in turn had lead to them doing all of the things that others feel have been detrimental to our game as a whole. However, don't come bitching to the rest of us and get on us when we don't fully support and align with your view on things. The vast majority of us would be better off if you never existed in the first place, so spare us the BS about how your trying to improve things for all poker players of every level.

And yes, the rake is too high for PLO games and online poker in general, but welcome to the current online poker world that we have today. I wonder how we got here to begin with? You might want to look in the mirror......
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-27-2023 , 07:30 PM
I also hate the high stakes regs!
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-27-2023 , 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace upmy Slv
You guys can bitch at posters like Slugant, Greedient, etc. all you want, but they are absolutely correct in terms of this being how 95% of the poker community feels about the HS regs. I don't necessarily blame the HS regs as their job is to maximize their income, which in turn had lead to them doing all of the things that others feel have been detrimental to our game as a whole. However, don't come bitching to the rest of us and get on us when we don't fully support and align with your view on things. The vast majority of us would be better off if you never existed in the first place, so spare us the BS about how your trying to improve things for all poker players of every level.

And yes, the rake is too high for PLO games and online poker in general, but welcome to the current online poker world that we have today. I wonder how we got here to begin with? You might want to look in the mirror......
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-27-2023 , 09:15 PM
In my opinion it is a priority for players of all stakes that poker remains a skill game. The higher the rake, the more focus shifts from poker skill to grabbing seats and making sure you play sufficiently large whales.

I personally wouldn't come out and ask GG to simply give regs more money, they clearly have a very strong business model and have found a way to capture a larger % of player deposits than their competitors. At least they push their depositors to play poker and don't attempt to steer them into other forms of casino gambling like other sites do in order to collect more of their deposits.

However, I think there are ways to make the game more competetive and fair. At the moment games on GG are super predatory, a table will fill around a rec within 3 seconds and it will be empty within a few seconds after they bust and this isn't a good experience for either a regular nor the recreational. Actual poker skill is not as important as seating and sitting out the fastest.

GGPoker could lower rake for shorter handed games or with the use of their PVI system set a dynamic rakeback depending on the lineup. If the line up only consists of players with a low PVI value (professionals) they could be rewarded higher RB and thus making battles viable, which they clearly aren't at the moment. Then when a player with a higher PVI (recreational) is in the lineup rakeback could be reduced for the professional players.

In my opinion this would lead to people fighting more for tables and recreationals being able to sit down in an environment where a game is already running, and able to keep running when they leave while GGPoker would not lose revenue to professional players from the recreationals deposits.

This could be implemented across all stakes and games, so not necessarily a highstakes thing.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejames209
I also hate the high stakes regs!
So you hate people because they're better than you at poker.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 04:40 AM
I hate people who have poker as a "job". Get a ****ing real job and play poker as a hobby like it is supposed to be. Games would be 100 times better if everyone who played poker got their real income from someone else and played on the side.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebabkungen
I hate people who have poker as a "job". Get a ****ing real job and play poker as a hobby like it is supposed to be. Games would be 100 times better if everyone who played poker got their real income from someone else and played on the side.
How do you feel about professional Chess players?
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masq
How do you feel about professional Chess players?
Chess and poker have no comparison at all so why ask that?
One is a game that ppl can make reasonable money from if you are one of maybe 50 ppl and the other is a game about taking money from people
Both may involve strategy but that's about it.
I also love the predictable you just hate pros or are jealous of them 🤣
No I just like things to be fair and I hate GG with a passion and ppl giving them business.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude45
So you hate people because they're better than you at poker.
Where did he say that?
That's always the reply from ppl who have no good points.
Your just jealous etc lol.
No ppl are just sick of the woe is me crap while they are the ones making the most from the game along with stables and the creators of Visions,GTIwizard, PLO trainer etc(All scumbags too )
Maybe they should start thinking about the community they mentioned rather than their own pocket for once
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebabkungen
I hate people who have poker as a "job". Get a ****ing real job and play poker as a hobby like it is supposed to be. Games would be 100 times better if everyone who played poker got their real income from someone else and played on the side.
Sorry you're not good enough to make enough to be a pro, bro.

I also hate professional sportsmen. Just turn down the paycheck already! Do it for the love, like everyone else does.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 07:17 AM
In before NL sucks PLO rules.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedient
Chess and poker have no comparison at all so why ask that?
One is a game that ppl can make reasonable money from if you are one of maybe 50 ppl and the other is a game about taking money from people
Both may involve strategy but that's about it.
I also love the predictable you just hate pros or are jealous of them 🤣
No I just like things to be fair and I hate GG with a passion and ppl giving them business.
Chess is a game which should be a hobby as well. Yet there are people who commit all their time and make it into a job.

I was trying to understand whether Kebabkungen's issue is that people have turned a leisurely pursuit into a job (in which case the Chess question). Or if that point is moot and the real issue of contention is the predatory aspect.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 09:05 AM
The skill could be who loses the least. A dollar not lost is a dollar won. "My average is just -$20 a night, beat that!"

Then all could be helpful keeping GG a successful site
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebabkungen
I hate people who have poker as a "job". Get a ****ing real job and play poker as a hobby like it is supposed to be. Games would be 100 times better if everyone who played poker got their real income from someone else and played on the side.
So you're not good enough to play poker as you're job.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masq
Chess is a game which should be a hobby as well. Yet there are people who commit all their time and make it into a job.

I was trying to understand whether Kebabkungen's issue is that people have turned a leisurely pursuit into a job (in which case the Chess question). Or if that point is moot and the real issue of contention is the predatory aspect.
Poker has always been a predatory game.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedient
Chess and poker have no comparison at all so why ask that?
One is a game that ppl can make reasonable money from if you are one of maybe 50 ppl and the other is a game about taking money from people
Both may involve strategy but that's about it.
I also love the predictable you just hate pros or are jealous of them 🤣
No I just like things to be fair and I hate GG with a passion and ppl giving them business.
Poker and chess tournaments are similar . In both a number of people pay to enter the tournament and a much smaller number wins money. You could also compare park games for money to poket cash games. If a person hates poker because of the predatory nature that's fine, but if you hate poker and don't hate gambling in general you're a hypocrite. The biggest predator in the casino is the casino. You say you like things to be fair well so do I and I want assume what you mean by fair but to me fairness doesn't mean everyone losses or everyone wins. If player A spends a lot of time getting good at poker and player B is just some rec that stumbles to the poker table every now and again then yes player A should beat player B over the long term. Introducing a bunch of rules to prop up player B is just the opposite of fair. In short I don't believe in equity of outcome
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote
09-28-2023 , 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude45
So you're not good enough to play poker as you're job.
Depends who hes talking about it, hes certainly correct about a specific grouping.

Those players that are unpleasant at the table, and just grinding away at low or middle limits. Partially living off rakeback and/or comps.

So yeah it would be better for everyone involved including them if they would just get a real job.
High stakes PLO community boycotts GGPoker VIP Tables Quote

      
m