Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #326
thejayman
journeyman
 
thejayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 224
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexS1 View Post
any1 from canada get a call yet?
Received the call this morning. I have under 10k stuck.
thejayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #327
:::grimReaper:::
veteran
 
:::grimReaper:::'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,113
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99killed View Post
Grunch: any US players get called ?
Maybe US players not getting called is a sign of instant payout.
:::grimReaper::: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #328
driven1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: los angeles, CA
Posts: 383
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

I already like this Tapie group. Legitimately seeking feedback. Good news.
driven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #329
Go Get It
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Posts: 12,427
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by :::grimReaper::: View Post
Maybe US players not getting called is a sign of instant payout.
Kinda what I was thinking based on the information we have so far.

Don't know, given the current legal climate in the US regarding poker, if a US citizen could take a share in an overseas poker company. I would assume that all US players would either not have that option, or just be paid in full immediately.

Ovb conjecture though.
Go Get It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #330
antneye
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
antneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fighting for my right to play poker
Posts: 6,905
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Get It View Post
Kinda what I was thinking based on the information we have so far.

Don't know, given the current legal climate in the US regarding poker, if a US citizen could take a share in an overseas poker company. I would assume that all US players would either not have that option, or just be paid in full immediately.

Ovb conjecture though.
There is no way they let US citizens take shares in the company. Any settlement they make with the DOJ will be contingent on full payback for US players....I have no doubt about that. I would expect that you will see US payers paid very quickly after a deal is struck...maybe even before their doors open for business. It only took 2 weeks for Stars to payout after reaching their agreement with the DOJ on repaying US players. the same would have happened for FT if the funds had been available.
antneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #331
Willy
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I hit the wrong button!
Posts: 890
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by antneye View Post
There is no way they let US citizens take shares in the company. Any settlement they make with the DOJ will be contingent on full payback for US players....I have no doubt about that. I would expect that you will see US payers paid very quickly after a deal is struck...maybe even before their doors open for business. It only took 2 weeks for Stars to payout after reaching their agreement with the DOJ on repaying US players. the same would have happened for FT if the funds had been available.
Do you really think the DOJ is so shortsighted that they will nix this whole deal if we (ie US players) don't get paid in full. I hope the DOJ negotiates to get me back as much as possible but I would certainly take less than 100% if I get the chance.
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #332
antneye
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
antneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fighting for my right to play poker
Posts: 6,905
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Do you really think the DOJ is so shortsighted that they will nix this whole deal if we (ie US players) don't get paid in full. I hope the DOJ negotiates to get me back as much as possible but I would certainly take less than 100% if I get the chance.
That wasn't my implication....I guess they could agree for something less than full funding but I don't think that will be the case. But as anyone in the legislation forum will tell you, I am an eternal optimist.
antneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #333
Mycology
banned
 
Mycology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stealing your Avatar
Posts: 310
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Its very encouraging that someone is paying a call center operation to call people asking how they want to get paid. I honestly dont think i've ever used a One Time in my life, honestly. I'm just not the superstitious type. But,

One Time
Mycology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #334
MaybeYesMaybeNo
old hand
 
MaybeYesMaybeNo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: overconfidence city
Posts: 1,565
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotPLOWned View Post
immediate cashout with a penalty. lulz
believe it or not it s french way of doing buisness.
MaybeYesMaybeNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #335
Blizzuff
veteran
 
Blizzuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,711
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bene Gesserit View Post
If no USA players get calls, that might mean only ROW will be dealt with by the new FTP and that the DOJ and the "usual suspects" assets might be the method for recovery there. Just musing of course.
That is such a hilariously god-awful take on that, my god.
Blizzuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #336
JMa
veteran
 
JMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I could've been a kosher butcher
Posts: 3,328
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Get It View Post
Kinda what I was thinking based on the information we have so far.

Don't know, given the current legal climate in the US regarding poker, if a US citizen could take a share in an overseas poker company. I would assume that all US players would either not have that option, or just be paid in full immediately.

Ovb conjecture though.
Surely it's legal for US citizens to own, say, Partygaming shares?
JMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #337
Go Get It
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Posts: 12,427
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMa View Post
Surely it's legal for US citizens to own, say, Partygaming shares?
Because Partygaming is being indited by the US DOJ currently... wait wat.

Sorry for posting in an FTP thread and not specifically saying 'FTP' somewhere in my post.
Go Get It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #338
pokerfish_
banned
 
pokerfish_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 307
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky-PN View Post
Als ik jou zou bellen en zou zeggen "hey ik zie je dat je €347 op de bank hebt staan, wat nou als dat geld ineens bevroren was". Ga je dan op je gemakje al mn vragen beantwoorden?
Als het bevroren was wel ja, wat heb ik te verliezen. Het is niet zo dat hun zeggen: "wat als" het is namelijk al bevroren.
pokerfish_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #339
jad111
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerfish_ View Post
Als het bevroren was wel ja, wat heb ik te verliezen. Het is niet zo dat hun zeggen: "wat als" het is namelijk al bevroren.
Ben ermee eens , het is nu nee hebben we en ja kunnen we krijgen
jad111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #340
TAXIDEL 3
adept
 
TAXIDEL 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a cave
Posts: 736
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerfish_ View Post
Als het bevroren was wel ja, wat heb ik te verliezen. Het is niet zo dat hun zeggen: "wat als" het is namelijk al bevroren.
It depends,you see I have a lovely green tree in my garden,in the autumn it turns red,but having said that I prefer a sausage and egg sandwich over a smokey bacon sandwich,I still enjoy bacon sandwiches though.

I hope this helps.
TAXIDEL 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:21 AM   #341
swd805
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
swd805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,826
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

What do they say at the beginning of the call? I got a call from a lady asking me to take a survey tonight but the call got disc after 4 seconds.
swd805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:58 AM   #342
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 20,905
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentenzza View Post
So the investors didn"t make up their mind yet??
Not sure how it is supposed to be a good news..
Especially when the potential investors will realize that everybody friggin wants to cash out!
No worries.. I am sure the penalty will be like 95% and the payout over time will give you like 5% a year for 10 years.
markksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:53 AM   #343
ANTRODAX
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 83
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Ok, finally i have received the call myself. I have some low four cyphers stuck there myself.

The operator did a wonderful job by denying my attempts to get data from him but mantaining my good mood and keeping me interested to collaborate.

I talked to him as I was completely sure that I was being contacted by GBT and asked about my Ironman Points, my Black Card, My FTPs etc... Even I gave him some ideas about how to improve the given options.

Anyways, there was not going to prove anything without recording the call so I tried the mail.

I tried to get some e-mail or phone to contact them and I was directed to the magazine e-mail.



From: livepoker@freemedia.fr
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:51 PM
To: 'XXXXXXX'
Subject: RE: Encuesta poker online

Hello XXXX,

We confirm you that we have been mandated by the future company that want to run fulltilt.

It is only questions to know if players will play again on the room. Don t worry for that : you could answer or not if you want. And your response are confidential.

Many thanks

Livepoker



De : XXXXXXX [mailto:XXXXX@XXXX.es]
Envoyé : jeudi 27 octobre 2011 12:27
À : livepoker@freemedia.fr
Objet : Encuesta poker online

Buenos días.

Me llamo XXXXXX y he recibido una llamada de un operador que se ha identificado como trabajador de la revista LivePoker.

(My name is XXXX and I have been phoned by an operator who identified himself as a PokerLive worker)

Quería saber si es verdad que están ustedes realizando esta encuesta. Le pedí un e-mail de contacto para realizar sugerencias y me dio el de la revista.

(I wanted to know if it's true that you are running that survey. I asked him for an contact e-mail for suggestions and he gave me the magazine's one)

Estoy preocupado por cómo obtuvieron mis datos y me tranquilizaría saber que lo que me dijeron por teléfono es verdad

(I'm worried about how they got my data and I was eased if I could know if that I was told is true)

Un saludo...




So, we already knew it ,but...
ANTRODAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #344
Onchan
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTRODAX View Post
Ok, finally i have received the call myself. I have some low four cyphers stuck there myself.

The operator did a wonderful job by denying my attempts to get data from him but mantaining my good mood and keeping me interested to collaborate.

I talked to him as I was completely sure that I was being contacted by GBT and asked about my Ironman Points, my Black Card, My FTPs etc... Even I gave him some ideas about how to improve the given options.

Anyways, there was not going to prove anything without recording the call so I tried the mail.

I tried to get some e-mail or phone to contact them and I was directed to the magazine e-mail.



From: livepoker@freemedia.fr
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:51 PM
To: 'XXXXXXX'
Subject: RE: Encuesta poker online

Hello XXXX,

We confirm you that we have been mandated by the future company that want to run fulltilt.

It is only questions to know if players will play again on the room. Don t worry for that : you could answer or not if you want. And your response are confidential.

Many thanks

Livepoker



De : XXXXXXX [mailto:XXXXX@XXXX.es]
Envoyé : jeudi 27 octobre 2011 12:27
À : livepoker@freemedia.fr
Objet : Encuesta poker online

Buenos días.

Me llamo XXXXXX y he recibido una llamada de un operador que se ha identificado como trabajador de la revista LivePoker.

(My name is XXXX and I have been phoned by an operator who identified himself as a PokerLive worker)

Quería saber si es verdad que están ustedes realizando esta encuesta. Le pedí un e-mail de contacto para realizar sugerencias y me dio el de la revista.

(I wanted to know if it's true that you are running that survey. I asked him for an contact e-mail for suggestions and he gave me the magazine's one)

Estoy preocupado por cómo obtuvieron mis datos y me tranquilizaría saber que lo que me dijeron por teléfono es verdad

(I'm worried about how they got my data and I was eased if I could know if that I was told is true)

Un saludo...




So, we already knew it ,but...
Kudos to you for confirming.
Onchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #345
Bene Gesserit
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bene Gesserit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: my old Kentucky Home
Posts: 6,367
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzuff View Post
That is such a hilariously god-awful take on that, my god.
Since I was simply looking at various possibilities and certainly not sure of anything this means, how about your take on USA not getting surveyed? You obviously think you have a more correct view on this so why not share it?

Last edited by Bene Gesserit; 10-28-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: add
Bene Gesserit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #346
V-Delaney
Pooh-Bah
 
V-Delaney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the hudless chicken
Posts: 3,835
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Sprobably 'cause the US players won't get to choose their payment options, because that part of the deal will be at the DoJ's discretion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill Hickok View Post
Does the deal include Lederer giving back the money he stole ?
Only the nose knows

Last edited by V-Delaney; 10-28-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Howard's nose ldo
V-Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #347
Wild Bill Hickok
grinder
 
Wild Bill Hickok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Poker land uk
Posts: 658
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Does the deal include Lederer giving back the money he stole ?
Wild Bill Hickok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #348
Bene Gesserit
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bene Gesserit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: my old Kentucky Home
Posts: 6,367
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Delaney View Post
Sprobably 'cause the US players won't get to choose their payment options, because that part of the deal will be at the DoJ's discretion
That's what I was thinking it might be untill I was told how hilariously wrong that was by someone in the know
Bene Gesserit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #349
coupelove
grinder
 
coupelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 413
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

a friend of mine was contacted, were in Canada, he is just over $1000 balance. Will update when I get more info from him. seems strangely strange to contact low bawlers. he was busy or something when they called he said call back half hour later and they did.
coupelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #350
robkey69
journeyman
 
robkey69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: in a house
Posts: 315
Re: FTP Spanish players contacted by Group Bernard Tapie partner by phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard89 View Post
There is a big difference between not having the funds and not wanting to give it all out at once. If I was putting up $300 Mil (and if someone wants to give me that i will buy full tilt-lol) I would want it structured that I put it in a segregated account and pay people out 10% of their roll be month for 10 months. therefore letting me get a bit of interest on that money and I would say about 25% gets played and i start getting some money back on my investment. This 10% would not affect any winning on the new site or new deposits as those would be available right away for withdrawl. But for someone to put up $300 MIl and then hope for re-investment would not be a wise business move.
I think that if people know that their money is in fact a segrigated account (and i am sure the DOJ and the new licence isssurer will demand this) then they will actually trust the new owners.
JMO
ppl look best view i seen, and why i think no.3 is been trying to be imposed on us (if it is)

SHOW ME THE MONEY.
u best not be asking me to dance
robkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive