Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2018, 04:37 PM   #76
Birchinio
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 639
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish94 View Post


Have to give some credit to Charlie after seeing this graph.
His SS is equally/even more impressive.
Birchinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:36 PM   #77
ty4thDime$
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Leeds
Posts: 368
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

IDK whats so controversial here!

Charlie can be a good player and Doug can be a good player the two aren't mutually exclusive! I personally believe Dougs youtube videos are good and his BRC has been entertaining, certainly doesn't mean Charlie can't also do an entertaining BRC!

Agree r.e the haircut though, whoever said "if you don't want hair in your eyes get a haircut" it's very tough to argue with that.
ty4thDime$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:41 PM   #78
YouAreAwesome
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 293
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

DAY 5: $220
DAY 6: $154
YouAreAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #79
robert_utk
Pooh-Bah
 
robert_utk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ValueTown
Posts: 4,129
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

I watched some of his brc replays on twitch.

He seems like a good kid. I got no problems with him and he is entitled his opinions, and to make all the notes on just how awful his micro opponents are. He is also obviously very talented in MTT’s.

He is just clueless only when he talks about GTO.

No big deal.
robert_utk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:43 PM   #80
preki
old hand
 
preki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,443
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

grunch

what sites and stakes does he play?

what kind of brm does he follow?

thx
preki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:52 AM   #81
bumpnrun
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: lol imo
Posts: 2,364
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoffcompletely View Post
That vid is full of the absolute trash you'd expect to hear from a button clicking luckbox who confuses his immense good fortune for some special talent.


Haha the bitterness of the failing micro grinders is amusing
bumpnrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:43 AM   #82
YouAreAwesome
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 293
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

START: $50
DAY 1: $88
DAY 2: $124
DAY 3: $152
DAY 4: $150
DAY 5: $220
DAY 6: $154
YouAreAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #83
Birchinio
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 639
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreAwesome View Post
START: $50
DAY 1: $88
DAY 2: $124
DAY 3: $152
DAY 4: $150
DAY 5: $220
DAY 6: $154
I thought he won 10k in a tourney?
Birchinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:38 PM   #84
Sir Huntington
old hand
 
Sir Huntington's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,590
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

I'm guessing his BR Challenge on Stars? It almost seems like he has an easy button with him next to Polk's Challenge cuz he plays on a site with sick liquidity and an awesome multitabling setup. Doug couldn't even use a tracker/hud and had to play on LOLWSOP.com. 77 gets to grind the biggest site with the best software, his and the site's and grinded poker a crappy lil regulated site. Not really the same game as Doug couldn't even get game going at low stakes at time lol.
Sir Huntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:52 PM   #85
krcmdc
self-banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 539
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchinio View Post
I thought he won 10k in a tourney?
He did, but it's not part of the challenge. He's playing WCOOP now, challenge resumes at the conclusion of WCOOP.

He's actually pretty entertaining to watch play, much more so than I expected. Not Doug, but still better than anyone else since AJ quit streaming poker. I hate watching mtt'ers almost as much as I hate playing mtt's, but he even makes mtt's entertaining.

And fwiw, he plays cash games much better than I expected, again, he's not Doug, but he's better than anyone else since AJ stopped streaming poker. He's got a long way to go learning to set up and run his stream well, but the poker side of it is quite legit. I knew he played well, but he also teaches well if you're paying attention.

But still, he's not Doug, and he's definitely not AJ, ..someone bring back AJ, please ...c'mon Papi, start a bring back AJ campaign?
krcmdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:59 PM   #86
MasterOfPoo8
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 339
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcmdc View Post
He did, but it's not part of the challenge. He's playing WCOOP now, challenge resumes at the conclusion of WCOOP.

He's actually pretty entertaining to watch play, much more so than I expected. Not Doug, but still better than anyone else since AJ quit streaming poker. I hate watching mtt'ers almost as much as I hate playing mtt's, but he even makes mtt's entertaining.

And fwiw, he plays cash games much better than I expected, again, he's not Doug, but he's better than anyone else since AJ stopped streaming poker. He's got a long way to go learning to set up and run his stream well, but the poker side of it is quite legit. I knew he played well, but he also teaches well if you're paying attention.

But still, he's not Doug, and he's definitely not AJ, ..someone bring back AJ, please ...c'mon Papi, start a bring back AJ campaign?


agreed smart guy when talking about poker..

im well out of it... but whos aj?
MasterOfPoo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #87
pontylad
Master Blaster
 
pontylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: meh, fr, 6 max or hu?! :S:S
Posts: 8,263
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPoo8 View Post
agreed smart guy when talking about poker..

im well out of it... but whos aj?
pontylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:05 AM   #88
swissodds
adept
 
swissodds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ministry of EV
Posts: 818
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPoo8 View Post
whos aj?
Aickel Jordan aka Aaron Jones
swissodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #89
KossuKukkula
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,092
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPoo8 View Post
im well out of it... but whos aj?
Former co-host of hsp.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:53 PM   #90
hitman4hire
adept
 
hitman4hire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Getting Drunk Getting Infractions
Posts: 1,063
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Huntington View Post
I'm guessing his BR Challenge on Stars? It almost seems like he has an easy button with him next to Polk's Challenge cuz he plays on a site with sick liquidity and an awesome multitabling setup. Doug couldn't even use a tracker/hud and had to play on LOLWSOP.com. 77 gets to grind the biggest site with the best software, his and the site's and grinded poker a crappy lil regulated site. Not really the same game as Doug couldn't even get game going at low stakes at time lol.
This point is redundant I prefer sites with strict predatory software policy's and smaller sites hence why $60k dollars were made in my one and only HU session on Virgin recently. The best games are found on smaller sites without this nerd HUD software crap that now goes far beyond HEM or PT.
hitman4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:28 PM   #91
CameronN
enthusiast
 
CameronN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 60
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish94 View Post


Have to give some credit to Charlie after seeing this graph.
I want this red line, and I would do dirty dirty things to get it
CameronN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:32 PM   #92
FastBF
centurion
 
FastBF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 181
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPoo8 View Post
agreed smart guy when talking about poker..

im well out of it... but whos aj?
AJ Fenix
FastBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:33 PM   #93
SageDonkey
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,743
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberonedonk View Post
his girl sounds like a real catch
Having a sarcastic dig at Charlie and his girlfriend is out of order IMO.

He declared on his podcast that he had/has Asperger syndrome https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome and his girlfriend has Dissociative identity disorder https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissoc...ntity_disorder (DID) and was very open about some of the effects that this can have on people with these conditions.

To mock these conditions has echoes of the kind of social and governmental attitudes that were common place pre 20th Century.

More appropriate IMO would be to commend them both on striving to and achieving self improvement within themselves as people, which is something that Charlie also discussed.
SageDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:06 PM   #94
mrno1324
veteran
 
mrno1324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 2,610
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Asperger’s? Other than some issues with boundaries he seems reasonably socially adept and likeable. If that guy is autistic I wonder what that makes me lol.
mrno1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:13 PM   #95
SageDonkey
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,743
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrno1324 View Post
Asperger’s? Other than some issues with boundaries he seems reasonably socially adept and likeable. If that guy is autistic I wonder what that makes me lol.
Aspergers I believe is a milder form of Autism and people with it can also diminish its impact and effects through their own efforts of self-improvement and self-awareness and through general learning and experience, which it appears he has done all of big time.

Tbh, I knew little about it until watching the podcast and subsequently reading up on it...... on Wikipedia of course!

A big added value of Chicago Joey's poker life podcasts is that they cover so many areas of life other than poker.
SageDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:29 PM   #96
YouAreAwesome
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 293
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageDonkey View Post
Having a sarcastic dig at Charlie and his girlfriend is out of order IMO.

He declared on his podcast that he had/has Asperger syndrome https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome and his girlfriend has Dissociative identity disorder https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissoc...ntity_disorder (DID) and was very open about some of the effects that this can have on people with these conditions.

To mock these conditions has echoes of the kind of social and governmental attitudes that were common place pre 20th Century.

More appropriate IMO would be to commend them both on striving to and achieving self improvement within themselves as people, which is something that Charlie also discussed.
yeah but this is the internet, it's not real life
YouAreAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:34 PM   #97
Kelvis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7,970
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrno1324 View Post
Asperger’s? Other than some issues with boundaries he seems reasonably socially adept and likeable. If that guy is autistic I wonder what that makes me lol.
What you're seeing is sheer brain power to compensate for the lack of intuition when it comes to social interaction. Of course it comes at a cost because it is very stressful but don't be surprised when people turn out to be autistic.
Kelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:24 PM   #98
Purasevic
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 668
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeHumble! View Post
Man you truly are completely pathetic. You come defending doug EVERYWHERE do you search for his name everyday? You are in love with him or something wtf is going on.
Nothing unusual here. SrslySirius works for Doug Polk, he is at least editing his videos or something, get salary from him and this is his job to do also. Yes it is very annoying to read his panegyrics about his boss, but it is a free forum.
Purasevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:30 PM   #99
SSKS
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,449
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronN View Post
I want this red line, and I would do dirty dirty things to get it
easy mate, just bluff more and not get to showdown.
SSKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:08 PM   #100
bgy333
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 251
Re: Epiphany77 starts a $50 to $10k BR challenge to show his methods are better than Doug Polk'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purasevic View Post
Nothing unusual here. SrslySirius works for Doug Polk, he is at least editing his videos or something, get salary from him and this is his job to do also. Yes it is very annoying to read his panegyrics about his boss, but it is a free forum.
makes sense now why the DP no1 ass kisser is like this, hanging off his ball bag, getting all defensive replying to every bad comment about DP, getting his panties in a twist and now it all becomes clear.
bgy333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online