Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 04:33 AM   #2151
timfbmx
veteran
 
timfbmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,166
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I follow Doug lee on twitter, you should too.
timfbmx is offline  
Old 07-23-2010, 04:59 AM   #2152
wonderwall
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Your Moms House
Posts: 174
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

lol
wonderwall is offline  
Old 07-23-2010, 05:01 AM   #2153
ashesofheroes
old hand
 
ashesofheroes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: jersey
Posts: 1,286
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbo View Post
You guys should keep quoting the picture over and over and over again.
<3 Gobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointland32 View Post


imo
ashesofheroes is offline  
Old 07-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #2154
bigtonyk1234
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: near las vegas
Posts: 554
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

wonder why magert stopped. did he collapse from finger fatigue???? rinse--repeat. tk
bigtonyk1234 is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 06:42 AM   #2155
Klmbaby
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkg View Post
This web site might be one of the goofiest things I have ever seen.

http://www.dougleepoker.com/

Do not miss his obviously photoshopped photo with moneymaker/raymer/hashem...
the banner on the site is the win!
Klmbaby is offline  
Old 07-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #2156
Robert Urner
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I love listening to him coach the table on various tells that he sees and then push 60 percent of his stack into obvious aces. My friends mow text me to let me know he is back in town cause we all feel he is a whale. I think I'm up 1200 playing 1-2 on three sessions , most of it his.
Robert Urner is offline  
Old 07-30-2010, 12:05 AM   #2157
King Fish
A Big Deal Around Here
 
King Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: @2p2TrollCat
Posts: 12,343
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Doug Lee has/had $1200?
King Fish is offline  
Old 07-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #2158
DaveBirdel
centurion
 
DaveBirdel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 133
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I've played with the woman in the picture a few times at Venetian, one of my friends told me that she is Karina Jett's mom.

Last edited by DaveBirdel; 07-30-2010 at 09:58 AM.
DaveBirdel is offline  
Old 07-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #2159
King Fish
A Big Deal Around Here
 
King Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: @2p2TrollCat
Posts: 12,343
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBirdel View Post
I've played with the woman in the picture a few times at Venetian, one of my friends told me that she is Karina Jett's mom.
No, That's Gobboboy.
King Fish is offline  
Old 07-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #2160
SlightlyMad
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 305
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

DaveBirdel,

OP of the photo here ... yes, you are correct. She called Karina when someone told her (after checking PokerNews) that her daughter had already been knocked out early on Day 5.
SlightlyMad is offline  
Old 08-01-2010, 02:45 AM   #2161
mahowny777
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 45
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I was playing a venetian $550 this summer and Doug was on my starting table. I was wearing a Toronto blue jays hat and he asked if i was from Toronto,

me-“yes” Doug - “im Doug lee from Calgary” me -“cool, i actually think i saw you on a replay of an old WSOP episode the other night” Doug - “what year, 2005?” “ya , i think”

doug - “ya..... the year I won this” and flashes circuit ring.

few hours later after moving tables me and Doug were sat at the same table again and we both had huge stacks(50ish bbs)

I raise AhAx EP and he flats out of the BB, flop QhXhXh, he checks, i bet, he 3bs and i 4b shove.. he states “i flopped it” and tables Jh4h and calls, turn brick.. river brick,
w.e sick oop flat, Doug.

A few days later im grinding sngs at the rio and am standing in line and i see Doug walking by from the tournament area , he notices me and gives me a head nod, i return said head nod and think that was the end of it.

I walk over to the cage and buy into the sng, go and sit down...guess who sits down to me 1 minute later, doug lee lol so now i realize he has found a new best friend and obv only played the sng because i returned the head nod, sigh.

so the dealer is asking everyone for they're ID and instead of ID Doug is holding unto like a membership card of some sort but there is no photo of him on it, or name , he points to some random part of the card and says thats me..the dealer is confused and says i need ID, Doug takes another try at it and again points at a portion of this random card and says thats me..at this time the table is getting frustrated and impatient with him and he slowly ends up reluctantly getting out his ID and giving it to the dealer.

So no more then 10 hands in, at 25-50, Doug ends up getting raped by a younger asian kid when Doug floats on a 974 flop with JQo and the kid check calls dougs all in on the turn with QQ, GG doug.

Right after he leaves basically the entire table turns to me , me being his new found best friend and asks who is that guy i say its doug lee...none of them recognize his name and they ask what he won, i respond with a circuit ring..the dealer then says o i guess thats why he didn't want to give me his ID, he thought I should know who he was.

all around a fairly toolbox filled doug lee meeting comparative to some in this thread but I wish I had saw this beyond epic thread previous to meeting him.

Last edited by mahowny777; 08-01-2010 at 03:00 AM.
mahowny777 is offline  
Old 08-01-2010, 03:27 AM   #2162
Webjoker
adept
 
Webjoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vegas pls...
Posts: 1,025
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Nice story, sounds like Doug to me.

Btw, he didn't 3-bet, it was you who 3-bet shoved on the flop.
Webjoker is offline  
Old 08-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #2163
DaveBirdel
centurion
 
DaveBirdel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 133
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahowny777 View Post
I was playing a venetian $550 this summer and Doug was on my starting table. I was wearing a Toronto blue jays hat and he asked if i was from Toronto,

me-“yes” Doug - “im Doug lee from Calgary” me -“cool, i actually think i saw you on a replay of an old WSOP episode the other night” Doug - “what year, 2005?” “ya , i think”

doug - “ya..... the year I won this” and flashes circuit ring.

few hours later after moving tables me and Doug were sat at the same table again and we both had huge stacks(50ish bbs)

I raise AhAx EP and he flats out of the BB, flop QhXhXh, he checks, i bet, he 3bs and i 4b shove.. he states “i flopped it” and tables Jh4h and calls, turn brick.. river brick,
w.e sick oop flat, Doug.

A few days later im grinding sngs at the rio and am standing in line and i see Doug walking by from the tournament area , he notices me and gives me a head nod, i return said head nod and think that was the end of it.

I walk over to the cage and buy into the sng, go and sit down...guess who sits down to me 1 minute later, doug lee lol so now i realize he has found a new best friend and obv only played the sng because i returned the head nod, sigh.

so the dealer is asking everyone for they're ID and instead of ID Doug is holding unto like a membership card of some sort but there is no photo of him on it, or name , he points to some random part of the card and says thats me..the dealer is confused and says i need ID, Doug takes another try at it and again points at a portion of this random card and says thats me..at this time the table is getting frustrated and impatient with him and he slowly ends up reluctantly getting out his ID and giving it to the dealer.

So no more then 10 hands in, at 25-50, Doug ends up getting raped by a younger asian kid when Doug floats on a 974 flop with JQo and the kid check calls dougs all in on the turn with QQ, GG doug.

Right after he leaves basically the entire table turns to me , me being his new found best friend and asks who is that guy i say its doug lee...none of them recognize his name and they ask what he won, i respond with a circuit ring..the dealer then says o i guess thats why he didn't want to give me his ID, he thought I should know who he was.

all around a fairly toolbox filled doug lee meeting comparative to some in this thread but I wish I had saw this beyond epic thread previous to meeting him.
Cool story Andrew. I think we can both agree that Boon Lee is without a doubt the coolest asian to ever descend on Las Vegas.

Last edited by DaveBirdel; 08-01-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: and coolest lee obviously, although doug doesn't set the bar very high......
DaveBirdel is offline  
Old 08-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #2164
mahowny777
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 45
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBirdel View Post
Cool story Andrew. I think we can both agree that Boon Lee is without a doubt the coolest asian to ever descend on Las Vegas.
boon lee is by far the coolest asian to ever descend anywhere, imo.
mahowny777 is offline  
Old 08-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #2165
POB666
old hand
 
POB666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In a Ket Hole
Posts: 1,207
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

O hai boon
POB666 is offline  
Old 08-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #2166
bigtonyk1234
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: near las vegas
Posts: 554
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

LOOK UP IN THE SKY !!!! ITS A BIRD !! ITS A PLANE !! NO...ITS SUPERM------OH ****---ITS ONLY DOUG LEE. LETS GO BACK INSIDE....... tk
bigtonyk1234 is offline  
Old 08-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #2167
Ernie McCracken
centurion
 
Ernie McCracken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 187
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Doug Lee is absolutely someone who regularly uses the Google to query "Doug Lee," so there's a 100% chance he keeps up with this thread. Though I'm sure his defense would amount to "haters gonna hate," I would still like to hear it.

Doug - speak up for yourself. Don't let these kids taint the Doug Lee franchise without a fight.
Ernie McCracken is offline  
Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #2168
Ziplok
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 521
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish View Post
Doug Lee has/had $1200?
as much as a tool as Doug is, he has done fantastically well in the real estate world. He is wealthy.
Ziplok is offline  
Old 08-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #2169
teddyFBI
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
teddyFBI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,603
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziplok View Post
as much as a tool as Doug is, he has done fantastically well in the real estate world. He is wealthy.
source?
teddyFBI is offline  
Old 08-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #2170
Ziplok
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 521
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyFBI View Post
source?
I have known Doug for over 20 years and was even involved in a few real estate deals with him. He bought over 20 properties here in Calgary before prices doubled an even tripled in 2005. He made a ton of money in real estate. He is a massive tool though, not a story in here surprises me in the least.
Ziplok is offline  
Old 08-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #2171
Hell2Heaven
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: HTown
Posts: 688
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Consistently bashes poker players on twitter......WSOP time he was an *******
Hell2Heaven is offline  
Old 08-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #2172
99killed
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
99killed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,184
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahowny777 View Post
I was playing a venetian $550 this summer and Doug was on my starting table. I was wearing a Toronto blue jays hat and he asked if i was from Toronto,

me-“yes” Doug - “im Doug lee from Calgary” me -“cool, i actually think i saw you on a replay of an old WSOP episode the other night” Doug - “what year, 2005?” “ya , i think”

doug - “ya..... the year I won this” and flashes circuit ring.

few hours later after moving tables me and Doug were sat at the same table again and we both had huge stacks(50ish bbs)

I raise AhAx EP and he flats out of the BB, flop QhXhXh, he checks, i bet, he 3bs and i 4b shove.. he states “i flopped it” and tables Jh4h and calls, turn brick.. river brick,
w.e sick oop flat, Doug.

A few days later im grinding sngs at the rio and am standing in line and i see Doug walking by from the tournament area , he notices me and gives me a head nod, i return said head nod and think that was the end of it.

I walk over to the cage and buy into the sng, go and sit down...guess who sits down to me 1 minute later, doug lee lol so now i realize he has found a new best friend and obv only played the sng because i returned the head nod, sigh.

so the dealer is asking everyone for they're ID and instead of ID Doug is holding unto like a membership card of some sort but there is no photo of him on it, or name , he points to some random part of the card and says thats me..the dealer is confused and says i need ID, Doug takes another try at it and again points at a portion of this random card and says thats me..at this time the table is getting frustrated and impatient with him and he slowly ends up reluctantly getting out his ID and giving it to the dealer.

So no more then 10 hands in, at 25-50, Doug ends up getting raped by a younger asian kid when Doug floats on a 974 flop with JQo and the kid check calls dougs all in on the turn with QQ, GG doug.

Right after he leaves basically the entire table turns to me , me being his new found best friend and asks who is that guy i say its doug lee...none of them recognize his name and they ask what he won, i respond with a circuit ring..the dealer then says o i guess thats why he didn't want to give me his ID, he thought I should know who he was.

all around a fairly toolbox filled doug lee meeting comparative to some in this thread but I wish I had saw this beyond epic thread previous to meeting him.
8/10 good doug lee story imo
99killed is offline  
Old 08-02-2010, 12:08 AM   #2173
Acekob
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 75
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorKevin View Post
Eugene Todd talks about punching Doug Lee in the face on PokerRoad.

http://www.pokerroad.com/radio/prr/283

Skip to about 70% of the way in.
From 39 minutes.. so f**ing good
Acekob is offline  
Old 08-02-2010, 12:32 AM   #2174
AUGUY55
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AUGUY55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: All aboard^
Posts: 21,052
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

AHAHAHA, That's ****ing golden.
AUGUY55 is offline  
Old 08-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #2175
BigDShaggyJ
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC Canada eh
Posts: 156
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahowny777 View Post
I was playing a venetian $550 this summer and Doug was on my starting table. I was wearing a Toronto blue jays hat and he asked if i was from Toronto,

me-“yes” Doug - “im Doug lee from Calgary” me -“cool, i actually think i saw you on a replay of an old WSOP episode the other night” Doug - “what year, 2005?” “ya , i think”

doug - “ya..... the year I won this” and flashes circuit ring.

few hours later after moving tables me and Doug were sat at the same table again and we both had huge stacks(50ish bbs)

I raise AhAx EP and he flats out of the BB, flop QhXhXh, he checks, i bet, he 3bs and i 4b shove.. he states “i flopped it” and tables Jh4h and calls, turn brick.. river brick,
w.e sick oop flat, Doug.

A few days later im grinding sngs at the rio and am standing in line and i see Doug walking by from the tournament area , he notices me and gives me a head nod, i return said head nod and think that was the end of it.

I walk over to the cage and buy into the sng, go and sit down...guess who sits down to me 1 minute later, doug lee lol so now i realize he has found a new best friend and obv only played the sng because i returned the head nod, sigh.

so the dealer is asking everyone for they're ID and instead of ID Doug is holding unto like a membership card of some sort but there is no photo of him on it, or name , he points to some random part of the card and says thats me..the dealer is confused and says i need ID, Doug takes another try at it and again points at a portion of this random card and says thats me..at this time the table is getting frustrated and impatient with him and he slowly ends up reluctantly getting out his ID and giving it to the dealer.

So no more then 10 hands in, at 25-50, Doug ends up getting raped by a younger asian kid when Doug floats on a 974 flop with JQo and the kid check calls dougs all in on the turn with QQ, GG doug.

Right after he leaves basically the entire table turns to me , me being his new found best friend and asks who is that guy i say its doug lee...none of them recognize his name and they ask what he won, i respond with a circuit ring..the dealer then says o i guess thats why he didn't want to give me his ID, he thought I should know who he was.

all around a fairly toolbox filled doug lee meeting comparative to some in this thread but I wish I had saw this beyond epic thread previous to meeting him.
pretty fkn cool story bro
BigDShaggyJ is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive