Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 06:49 AM   #2076
niksheridan
centurion
 
niksheridan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 153
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjammin509 View Post
Agreed. I hope he makes a televised final table or something at the wsop. Everyone in his cheering section could be holding random tools. Hammer, tape measure, wrench... That would make my day.
This made me lolll pretty hard...
niksheridan is offline  
Old 07-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #2077
bigtonyk1234
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: near las vegas
Posts: 554
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

doug and i are having dinner tonight at the bellagio. he lets me dine with him if i lick his ring. oh well, it could be worse. oh, and i have to carry his toolbox. tk
bigtonyk1234 is offline  
Old 07-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #2078
Actionjunkie
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,032
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtonyk1234 View Post
doug and i are having dinner tonight at the bellagio. he lets me dine with him if i lick his ring. oh well, it could be worse. oh, and i have to carry his toolbox. tk
I saw on the NVG thread page tony commenting on doug lee. I opened it assuming they played together last night and tony killed him.
Actionjunkie is offline  
Old 07-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #2079
bigtonyk1234
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: near las vegas
Posts: 554
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

lol tk
bigtonyk1234 is offline  
Old 07-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #2080
Freefalling
old hand
 
Freefalling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Why do you care?
Posts: 1,606
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I love the ad on the site:
Freefalling is offline  
Old 07-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #2081
prohornblower
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fred Jackson = GOAT running back
Posts: 38,283
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SE EYOUONTHEFELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SEEY OUONTHEFELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SEEYOU ONTHEFELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SEEYOUON THEFELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SEEYOUONTH EFELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!SEEYOUONTHEF ELT!SEEYOUONTHEFELT!
prohornblower is offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #2082
brandyballs
grinder
 
brandyballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tango Sucker!
Posts: 511
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Zomg! Doug lee at the V. Playing 2 5 with 200 behind. Looking cool in Oakleys
brandyballs is offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #2083
Freefalling
old hand
 
Freefalling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Why do you care?
Posts: 1,606
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

You misspelt 25-50
Freefalling is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #2084
gisaster
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 57
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Great thread. Thoroughly enjoyed it. What a tool he is.
gisaster is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #2085
POB666
old hand
 
POB666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In a Ket Hole
Posts: 1,207
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

^Best First Poast Evar^
POB666 is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #2086
PiotrekS
journeyman
 
PiotrekS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Eastern Europe
Posts: 256
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

what is up with doug lee poker and jeff madsen. Does anyone have link to video that he is twittering about ?
PiotrekS is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #2087
Freefalling
old hand
 
Freefalling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Why do you care?
Posts: 1,606
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiotrekS View Post
what is up with doug lee poker and jeff madsen. Does anyone have link to video that he is twittering about ?
It's not in a video, but here's the story with Jeff Madsen.

A poker player (not that well known) is dating some random girl (who knows nothing about poker). This random girl tells her boyfriend how she ended up in the Panorama hottub with Jeff Madsen who was a complete a-hole and was continuously hitting on her and wouldn't take no for an answer. Apparently Jeff Madsen kept telling the girl (who known nothing about poker and thinks the World Series is baseball) about how he has two bracelets to try to seal the deal.
Freefalling is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #2088
numberline
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 80
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

As a new 2P2'er, I just stumbled onto this thread by accident today. This guy is the greatest ever!

I'm proud(?) to say I (sort of) share a name with him, as my first and middle names are Doug Lee. It is now my goal in life to get a pic with this guy.
numberline is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #2089
PiotrekS
journeyman
 
PiotrekS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Eastern Europe
Posts: 256
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberline View Post
It is now my goal in life to get a pic with this guy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefalling View Post
_
ty for sharing that story Freefalling
PiotrekS is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #2090
numberline
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 80
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiotrekS View Post
Is there anything more serious in life that getting your picture taken with wannabe baller luckboxes of high unintentional comedic value? I think not.
numberline is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #2091
nilesz
journeyman
 
nilesz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 353
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberline View Post
As a new 2P2'er, I just stumbled onto this thread by accident today. This guy is the greatest ever!

I'm proud(?) to say I (sort of) share a name with him, as my first and middle names are Doug Lee. It is now my goal in life to get a pic with this guy.
That's so old school, try to get a tattood autograph. Then please take a picture of it and post it here.
nilesz is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #2092
tiltnonstop
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,385
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

i just reread barry´s "ace on the river" and i noticed there´s a picture of doug lee in the book (he´s in the picture with jennifer harman, so it might be a coincidence lol). i´m confident doug lee himself KNOWS there´s a picture of him in that book. i dare everybody who sees doug to take the book, go to him and say sth like "OMG, i saw a picture of YOU in ACE ON THE RIVER", then

a) pretend he´s some other randon asian poker player, i.e. search for tuan le´s picture (there´s a list of photographs at the end of the book) and try to get him to sign it

b) pretend you think he wasn´t actually in the book and wait to see what he will do.

i kinda giggled when i thought about it (yeah, i´m ******ed lol).
tiltnonstop is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #2093
MBison
journeyman
 
MBison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 267
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Saw toolbox in Venetian yesterday while I was playing in the noon deep stack.
MBison is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #2094
bigtonyk1234
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: near las vegas
Posts: 554
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

doug and i had dinner a few nights ago, at olives in the bellagio. i had osso bucco unlike any i had ever had and hope to never have again. doug had chicken which was ok. hard to **** up chicken. we put the leftovers in a toolbox and he took them home. the following day was day 3 in the wsop m/e. he had told me during dinner he had a dream and i should be careful of kk against jj. half way thru day 3 my stack was about 360 and a guy shoved on me after a flop of 739. i had kk and called his all in of 310. guess what he had. jj. ad the turn? jack of clubs. hard to fold kk in that spot as i had put him on jj or qq. oh well. now we have psychic toolbox doug lee. i thanked doug for dinner, kissed his ring and said goodnight. i really was dissappointed with the food at olives. it was my second attempt there but FIX is my restaurant of choice for a quick great meal at the bellagio.
bigtonyk1234 is offline  
Old 07-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #2095
King Fish
A Big Deal Around Here
 
King Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: @2p2TrollCat
Posts: 12,363
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltnonstop View Post
i just reread barry´s "ace on the river" and i noticed there´s a picture of doug lee in the book (he´s in the picture with jennifer harman, so it might be a coincidence lol). i´m confident doug lee himself KNOWS there´s a picture of him in that book. i dare everybody who sees doug to take the book, go to him and say sth like "OMG, i saw a picture of YOU in ACE ON THE RIVER", then

a) pretend he´s some other randon asian poker player, i.e. search for tuan le´s picture (there´s a list of photographs at the end of the book) and try to get him to sign it

b) pretend you think he wasn´t actually in the book and wait to see what he will do.

i kinda giggled when i thought about it (yeah, i´m ******ed lol).
Have you read this thread? There is already a story or 2 about that picture.
King Fish is offline  
Old 07-16-2010, 12:49 AM   #2096
King Fish
A Big Deal Around Here
 
King Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: @2p2TrollCat
Posts: 12,363
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtonyk1234 View Post
doug and i had dinner a few nights ago, at olives in the bellagio. i had osso bucco unlike any i had ever had and hope to never have again. doug had chicken which was ok. hard to **** up chicken. we put the leftovers in a toolbox and he took them home. the following day was day 3 in the wsop m/e. he had told me during dinner he had a dream and i should be careful of kk against jj. half way thru day 3 my stack was about 360 and a guy shoved on me after a flop of 739. i had kk and called his all in of 310. guess what he had. jj. ad the turn? jack of clubs. hard to fold kk in that spot as i had put him on jj or qq. oh well. now we have psychic toolbox doug lee. i thanked doug for dinner, kissed his ring and said goodnight. i really was dissappointed with the food at olives. it was my second attempt there but FIX is my restaurant of choice for a quick great meal at the bellagio.
Doug lee seeing the future. Awesome.

And stay away from Olives...its just awful. I mean, pretty much anything Todd English touches is overrated crap, but this is the worst of a bad lot. I think once upon a time, the guy actually knew how to cook...now I doubt he even knows he has a restaurant in Bellagio.

I mean, if he did know it he should at least DENY knowing it.

tags:
doug lee toolbox poker psychic

p.s. I want a book!
King Fish is offline  
Old 07-16-2010, 01:36 AM   #2097
bigtonyk1234
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: near las vegas
Posts: 554
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish View Post
Doug lee seeing the future. Awesome.

And stay away from Olives...its just awful. I mean, pretty much anything Todd English touches is overrated crap, but this is the worst of a bad lot. I think once upon a time, the guy actually knew how to cook...now I doubt he even knows he has a restaurant in Bellagio.

I mean, if he did know it he should at least DENY knowing it.

tags:
doug lee toolbox poker psychic

p.s. I want a book!
email me your address fmdayguy@aol.com. your welcome tk
bigtonyk1234 is offline  
Old 07-16-2010, 02:17 AM   #2098
SlightlyMad
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 305
Talking Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Oh, yeah ... that 2/5 game at the Venetian two days ago was kind of nutty.

I was already at the table when Doug sat down. Of course I felt compelled to play against him. I took his first $200 when I sucked out and his AJ on a J94 couldn't beat my KT after I turned a K (most of the money went in on the turn). Later, he seemed so proud of himself for having his KK beat out two people who called his preflop raise and c-bet (as it turns out, both with pocket sixes) on an Ace-high flop. He really didn't want to show after checking down on the turn and river. He gave out a little Napoleon Dynamite "yessss" after seeing his Kings were good ... if he had taken a half second longer to show his hand, I would have accused him of slowrolling.

I wanted to play more of that game, but the neanderthal with plenty of gamble in him who had made the game so good wandered off to another table, and Doug moved tables to go chase him down.

Of course, he was wearing the ring and displaying it proudly.



PS: When my wife, who doesn't follow poker or 2+2 at all, saw this picture, she said "What a tool!" Only then did I tell her about this thread.
SlightlyMad is offline  
Old 07-16-2010, 02:22 AM   #2099
jojoh07
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,128
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
Oh, yeah ... that 2/5 game at the Venetian two days ago was kind of nutty.

I was already at the table when Doug sat down. Of course I felt compelled to play against him. I took his first $200 when I sucked out and his AJ on a J94 couldn't beat my KT after I turned a K (most of the money went in on the turn). Later, he seemed so proud of himself for having his KK beat out two people who called his preflop raise and c-bet (as it turns out, both with pocket sixes) on an Ace-high flop. He really didn't want to show after checking down on the turn and river. He gave out a little Napoleon Dynamite "yessss" after seeing his Kings were good ... if he had taken a half second longer to show his hand, I would have accused him of slowrolling.

I wanted to play more of that game, but the neanderthal with plenty of gamble in him who had made the game so good wandered off to another table, and Doug moved tables to go chase him down.

Of course, he was wearing the ring and displaying it proudly.



PS: When my wife, who doesn't follow poker or 2+2 at all, saw this picture, she said "What a tool!" Only then did I tell her about this thread.
Hahahahahha oh man what a pic , bet he never uses that left hand.
jojoh07 is offline  
Old 07-16-2010, 03:05 AM   #2100
tiltnonstop
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,385
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish View Post
Have you read this thread? There is already a story or 2 about that picture.
i have read this thread, but i don´t remember any story regarding ace on the river. link please?
tiltnonstop is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive