Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #726
gobbo
Trust the fat man.
 
gobbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eating Vegas.
Posts: 15,609
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Two quick not so douchebaggish stories, but stuff I remembered from yesterday.

Doug does this thing where he lies about what he's holding literally every single hand he plays unless he has to show down his hand or he had a legitimate holding and lost the pot or got 'unlucky' in some way. If you were to believe him all day, he would have queens about 18 times and aces 20 times (every time he reraises you obviously).

One hand where he makes some stupid small reraise against me when I have 53dd, so I call obviously because he plays terrible. Flop Q66 two diamonds. I check, he bets less than half pot, I call. Turn 4d. I check, he thinks and checks behind. Doug is the biggest bluff monkey ever and literally never has me beat here so I decided to c/r him on the river. Comes an offsuit deuce and I check. He thinks for like 20 seconds and checks behind and I show my flush. He shows me a queen and says 'AQ no good?'

It took every fiber of my being not to immediately say "I will give you $100 if the other card is an ace." As soon as he mucked the card I regretted not doing it.

Part of the reason he was so tilted and wanted to mess around with me was this hand where I raise the HJ with A7o on Dougie's bb because why not, and I get 3 flatters. The flop comes T77r because I'm the ****ing gobboboy and it checks to me. I bet 1800 into 2400, Dougie calls. Turn 3 putting up two diamonds. He checks, I bet 4500. He calls. River is another 3. He checks. I throw out 25k (into 15k) and he snapcalls. My hand is obviously good. He says "should've reraised preflop" and claims he had jacks. Someone asked him "Did you realize how much he bet on the river" and he said "No, I wouldn't have called if I knew it was 25k!" Oh Dougie.
gobbo is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #727
another_rack
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
another_rack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Easily Replaced
Posts: 9,455
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbo View Post
Two quick not so douchebaggish stories, but stuff I remembered from yesterday.

Doug does this thing where he lies about what he's holding literally every single hand he plays unless he has to show down his hand or he had a legitimate holding and lost the pot or got 'unlucky' in some way. If you were to believe him all day, he would have queens about 18 times and aces 20 times (every time he reraises you obviously).

One hand where he makes some stupid small reraise against me when I have 53dd, so I call obviously because he plays terrible. Flop Q66 two diamonds. I check, he bets less than half pot, I call. Turn 4d. I check, he thinks and checks behind. Doug is the biggest bluff monkey ever and literally never has me beat here so I decided to c/r him on the river. Comes an offsuit deuce and I check. He thinks for like 20 seconds and checks behind and I show my flush. He shows me a queen and says 'AQ no good?'

It took every fiber of my being not to immediately say "I will give you $100 if the other card is an ace." As soon as he mucked the card I regretted not doing it.

Part of the reason he was so tilted and wanted to mess around with me was this hand where I raise the HJ with A7o on Dougie's bb because why not, and I get 3 flatters. The flop comes T77r because I'm the ****ing gobboboy and it checks to me. I bet 1800 into 2400, Dougie calls. Turn 3 putting up two diamonds. He checks, I bet 4500. He calls. River is another 3. He checks. I throw out 25k (into 15k) and he snapcalls. My hand is obviously good. He says "should've reraised preflop" and claims he had jacks. Someone asked him "Did you realize how much he bet on the river" and he said "No, I wouldn't have called if I knew it was 25k!" Oh Dougie.
So Good
another_rack is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #728
EdmontonRounder
adept
 
EdmontonRounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Transcribing glyphs.
Posts: 1,097
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Hahaha, all of your stories are pure gold IMO gobbo, thank you for sharing.
EdmontonRounder is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #729
MauiPunter
veteran
 
MauiPunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Posts: 2,232
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0NEY BADGER View Post
and Doug Lee meets David Williams?
I think I just peed myself.
MauiPunter is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #730
lapoker17
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEELING YOU
Posts: 8,960
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

so gobbo what i have learned so far from your posts is that you tangled with the superbomber in 3 hu pots and he played 2 of them better than you did. doug makes his living off guys like you.
lapoker17 is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #731
Dominic
Tripod
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vegas
Posts: 71,208
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbo View Post
Two quick not so douchebaggish stories, but stuff

Part of the reason he was so tilted and wanted to mess around with me was this hand where I raise the HJ with A7o on Dougie's bb because why not, and I get 3 flatters. The flop comes T77r because I'm the ****ing gobboboy and it checks to me. I bet 1800 into 2400, Dougie calls. Turn 3 putting up two diamonds. He checks, I bet 4500. He calls. River is another 3. He checks. I throw out 25k (into 15k) and he snapcalls. My hand is obviously good. He says "should've reraised preflop" and claims he had jacks. Someone asked him "Did you realize how much he bet on the river" and he said "No, I wouldn't have called if I knew it was 25k!" Oh Dougie.
hahahahahahahaha
Dominic is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #732
idareyou
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 79
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Seriously, who the **** puts Doug Lee into 25k tourneys? Tilts me so hard...
idareyou is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #733
GuinnessNH
grinder
 
GuinnessNH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drug Fueled Sex Parties
Posts: 513
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbo View Post
Part of the reason he was so tilted and wanted to mess around with me was this hand where I raise the HJ with A7o on Dougie's bb because why not, and I get 3 flatters.
LOL flatters.
GuinnessNH is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #734
HellRoxYa
veteran
 
HellRoxYa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,202
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Gobbo <3
HellRoxYa is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #735
OMFGSTFU
grinder
 
OMFGSTFU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 423
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

epic thread
OMFGSTFU is offline  
Old 04-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #736
doc43
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 506
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Gobbo, prolly best story in the whole thread...
doc43 is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:05 AM   #737
Fermion5
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fermion5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Michael Huemer & Larken Rose
Posts: 8,381
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

gobbo FTW
Fermion5 is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 03:01 AM   #738
leprous_hand
unclean
 
leprous_hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: General Snus
Posts: 16,249
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

good stuff mr fricke

Last edited by leprous_hand; 04-22-2009 at 03:02 AM. Reason: spite is the best reason to do anything... gobbpwnd
leprous_hand is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 03:33 AM   #739
WWJfergusonD
old hand
 
WWJfergusonD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 742 Evergreen Terrace
Posts: 1,803
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I love Gobbo! Overbetting the river and his "I didn't realize" almost made me cry from laughing.
WWJfergusonD is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #740
Gin 'n Tonic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gin 'n Tonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Reclining my seat
Posts: 6,306
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Top 3 anagrams of 'Doug Lee'

ego duel
gee loud
go elude
Gin 'n Tonic is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:16 AM   #741
99killed
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
99killed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,184
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin 'n Tonic View Post
Top 3 anagrams of 'Doug Lee'

ego duel
gee loud
go elude
lol A+
99killed is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:17 AM   #742
RoastMaster
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 208
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

HAHAH!!! Good stuff gobbo! Especially this:

Quote:
I raise the HJ with A7o on Dougie's bb because why not, and I get 3 flatters. The flop comes T77r because I'm the ****ing gobboboy
RoastMaster is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #743
kevin21
SE Spokesman
 
kevin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 62,022
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

holy god this is the best thread ever....i never bothered to open it b4 but it was well worth the wait
kevin21 is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #744
MauiPunter
veteran
 
MauiPunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Posts: 2,232
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin21 View Post
holy god this is the best thread ever....i never bothered to open it b4 but it was well worth the wait
You are forgiven.
MauiPunter is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #745
Obfuscation
adept
 
Obfuscation's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside it's America
Posts: 943
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

http://www.dougleepoker.com/PhotoAlbum.htm

Links are still alive if you go direct.









*chuckle*
Obfuscation is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 12:02 AM   #746
Obfuscation
adept
 
Obfuscation's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside it's America
Posts: 943
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

"Friendly boomerang contest with the natives of Australia."



"Doug learning how to throw the natives' spear."

Obfuscation is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 12:02 AM   #747
Obfuscation
adept
 
Obfuscation's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside it's America
Posts: 943
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I'm sorry, I can't stop.



Obfuscation is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #748
Obfuscation
adept
 
Obfuscation's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside it's America
Posts: 943
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Contact Me

If you have played against me in a cash game or a tournament I would love to hear from you along with a picture of yourself for ease of recognition as I have played tournaments all around the world.

Please note that all emails sent may not get a reply due to a large amount of email sent to me.

contactme@dougleepoker.com
Obfuscation is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 12:09 AM   #749
leprous_hand
unclean
 
leprous_hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: General Snus
Posts: 16,249
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

the contact me is pretty priceless
leprous_hand is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 12:32 AM   #750
ToTheFelt
grinder
 
ToTheFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 616
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Perfect time for check boxes ...


ToTheFelt is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive