Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #301
giftedmadness
old hand
 
giftedmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,543
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I enjoy the stories.
giftedmadness is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #302
Cosines11
Pooh-Bah
 
Cosines11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: post count > BR
Posts: 4,461
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Pollie View Post
??? I like that this is like a little stay at home Mom gossip club for under 25 year old online Poker players and all, but I wish you guys could be a little less angry.
Dougie!!! welcome to the thread...hey, wait...haven't I seen you on tv before?
Cosines11 is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #303
leprous_hand
unclean
 
leprous_hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: General Snus
Posts: 16,249
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosines11 View Post
Dougie!!! welcome to the thread...hey, wait...haven't I seen you on tv before?
el oh el
leprous_hand is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #304
TwoShedsJackson
adept
 
TwoShedsJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,098
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Pollie View Post
??? I like that this is like a little stay at home Mom gossip club for under 25 year old online Poker players and all, but I wish you guys could be a little less angry.
Sorry Doug.
TwoShedsJackson is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 07:07 PM   #305
JoeSchmo
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,119
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Why is there a question mark in the subject title?
JoeSchmo is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #306
MauiPunter
veteran
 
MauiPunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Posts: 2,232
Re: Doug Lee getting his ass kicked!

Doug got sooo pwnd!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp-odlXKoP8
MauiPunter is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #307
lewdjunglist
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: currently displaced from Las Vegas
Posts: 544
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Pollie View Post
??? I like that this is like a little stay at home Mom gossip club for under 25 year old online Poker players and all, but I wish you guys could be a little less angry.
Hey Doug! How are you doing? Are you still luckboxing people in 2/5 NL? We played the other night. I took the seat that you busted out 2 guys prior to me. Too bad I only took ~$300 off of you =\ You did have a hudge stack though.
lewdjunglist is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #308
asleep
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 125
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Might be the best thread ever.
asleep is offline  
Old 07-24-2008, 12:34 AM   #309
jad14
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 193
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdjunglist View Post
Hey Doug! How are you doing? Are you still luckboxing people in 2/5 NL? We played the other night. I took the seat that you busted out 2 guys prior to me. Too bad I only took ~$300 off of you =\ You did have a hudge stack though.
Saturday night - he started with a short stack and reraised preflop his first hand. I left for a while and came back when he had ~3K. He was hitting everything, and people were playing poorly against when they had top pair. I thought his reads were good.
jad14 is offline  
Old 07-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #310
surfinillini
pessimist
 
surfinillini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,405
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

The WSOP had a circuit event at Caesar's a few years ago. In one of the prelim events, iirc I'm pretty sure it was a $500 buy-in event. I final tabled and Doug Lee was there as well.
We were down to 4 and decided to chip-stack chop.
As Doug was the chip leader we decided to give him a smaller extra portion to tip the dealer/staff as he was on his way to the tourney director to turn in his W2-G. He said he knew them and wanted to "make sure the right people got the tip b/c some tourney staff just keep it and don't give the cuts to the dealer pool."

I ran into one of the FT'ers at the Rio a few days later playing NL cash, apparently he told me Doug Lee never tipped the dealer/tourney staff and kept the $$$ for himself.
surfinillini is offline  
Old 07-24-2008, 12:55 AM   #311
ashesofheroes
old hand
 
ashesofheroes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: jersey
Posts: 1,286
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinillini View Post
The WSOP had a circuit event at Caesar's a few years ago. In one of the prelim events, iirc I'm pretty sure it was a $500 buy-in event. I final tabled and Doug Lee was there as well.
We were down to 4 and decided to chip-stack chop.
As Doug was the chip leader we decided to give him a smaller extra portion to tip the dealer/staff as he was on his way to the tourney director to turn in his W2-G. He said he knew them and wanted to "make sure the right people got the tip b/c some tourney staff just keep it and don't give the cuts to the dealer pool."

I ran into one of the FT'ers at the Rio a few days later playing NL cash, apparently he told me Doug Lee never tipped the dealer/tourney staff and kept the $$$ for himself.
what a scumbag
ashesofheroes is offline  
Old 07-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #312
lewdjunglist
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: currently displaced from Las Vegas
Posts: 544
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad14 View Post
Saturday night - he started with a short stack and reraised preflop his first hand. I left for a while and came back when he had ~3K. He was hitting everything, and people were playing poorly against when they had top pair. I thought his reads were good.
Did you get into a hand with him when you had top 2 and he had lots of outs?
lewdjunglist is offline  
Old 07-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #313
jad14
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 193
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdjunglist View Post
Did you get into a hand with him when you had top 2 and he had lots of outs?
That was me. I forget what the tool next to me pushed with, but odds were good enough to call after my push. Were you directly to his left or one more over?
jad14 is offline  
Old 07-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #314
lewdjunglist
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: currently displaced from Las Vegas
Posts: 544
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad14 View Post
That was me. I forget what the tool next to me pushed with, but odds were good enough to call after my push. Were you directly to his left or one more over?
The other guy pushed with the lower flush draw when doug had the gutter and NFD. Yes, I was seated to his left. People were playing horrible against him, and he typically had a decent idea of where he was at. Of course, he still did a little acting and slight angling.
lewdjunglist is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 09:33 AM   #315
Doorbread
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Doorbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Has money, not respect
Posts: 9,386
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I was at the buffet line at the Bellagio. Suddenly, Doug Lee CUTS IN FRONT OF ME and proceeds to take the last piece of fried chicken. I say "Hey, dude what was up with that?" and he takes the hat off my head and signs it.
Doorbread is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 12:16 PM   #316
27offsuit
actions have consequences!
 
27offsuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sweet ass inya face
Posts: 35,856
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

People like Doorbread are watering down this awesome thread.
27offsuit is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 01:11 PM   #317
stoxfanz
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 26
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Can I assume that 1/3 of the stories in this thread are made up?
stoxfanz is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #318
jadon
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: denver
Posts: 119
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Gotta Push View Post
dougleepoker.com is the OFFICIAL site of Doug Lee. Don't be confused by all those unofficial Doug Lee fan sites
This is got to the most hilarius thing in this thread. A+ IMO
jadon is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 02:03 AM   #319
ashesofheroes
old hand
 
ashesofheroes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: jersey
Posts: 1,286
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27offsuit View Post
People like Doorbread are watering down this awesome thread.
i thought what he said was actually pretty damn funny
ashesofheroes is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 02:19 AM   #320
stupandaus
veteran
 
stupandaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: H-Town
Posts: 3,362
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesofheroes View Post
i thought what he said was actually pretty damn funny
It's a lot funnier when it's not some random bull**** made up by someone with 2 posts. DUCY?
stupandaus is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #321
Speel Posher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Speel Posher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: check me out, im grindin...
Posts: 7,355
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

lol doug lee's a tool box
Speel Posher is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #322
RT_437
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: backhand toe drags
Posts: 962
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

omg the way he handled that 3-5 suck out tilts me so bad, he has no class. Im glad Harman and The guy both owned him while saying nice hand doug and then laughing and then the guy doing the hand shake pull away move hahahaha
RT_437 is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 03:21 PM   #323
rakemeplz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakemeplz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: feminine yuppie narc
Posts: 12,600
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorbread View Post
I was at the buffet line at the Bellagio. Suddenly, Doug Lee CUTS IN FRONT OF ME and proceeds to take the last piece of fried chicken. I say "Hey, dude what was up with that?" and he takes the hat off my head and signs it.
Meh this was funny and obviously made up. People are too uptight. He's like somesort of douchebag superhero like the flash.

Would've been even better if Doug Lee was black but I digress.
rakemeplz is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #324
TwoSixSooted
grinder
 
TwoSixSooted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Formerly AtlBrvs4Life
Posts: 401
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I've played with Doug a few times and he's always been an enormous clown. My favorite line from him was during the 2007 WSOP. I was playing a $1k winner take all SNG satellite with him. He's going on and on with the usual stuff about how good he is and just carrying that air of arrogance that he really shouldn't have. He then drops this line: "Yea I've been tearing apart these SNGs. I've played around 35 and won 30 of them." I couldn't help myself and just started laughing. I couldn't believe somebody would have the nerve to tell such a blatant lie to an entire table. This guy is unreal.
TwoSixSooted is offline  
Old 08-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #325
Russ M.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Russ M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cornette Face
Posts: 27,877
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

This thread was all kinds of awesome.
Russ M. is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive