Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #2851
fishnchipsplease
grinder
 
fishnchipsplease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brrrrmingham
Posts: 476
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

fishnchipsplease is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #2852
FreeShot
grinder
 
FreeShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Road to Nowhere
Posts: 658
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Those are frickin hilarious.
FreeShot is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #2853
gobbo
Trust the fat man.
 
gobbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eating Vegas.
Posts: 15,609
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

My worst nightmare come to life.
gobbo is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #2854
rakemeplz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakemeplz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: feminine yuppie narc
Posts: 12,601
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I'd say frzn assets is a tool.
rakemeplz is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #2855
gobbomom
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gobbomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: gobboville
Posts: 7,262
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakemeplz View Post
I'd say frzn assets is a tool.
I'd say he just doesn't know what he's talking about. I don't think Jimmy should be making fun of Doug Lee, because that just invites him being made fun of as well, but I think he mostly just relates what a goof DL is.

Jimmy likes good food. He doesn't eat crap/ fast food. He also doesn't overeat. His condition is genetic, involving his thyroid. Frzn assets doesn't have a clue what he's spouting off about.

Sad about Marco He's a good dude.
gobbomom is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #2856
mpl
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: N.y.C
Posts: 28
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Teach me how to Doug Lee
mpl is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #2857
frzn assets
journeyman
 
frzn assets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 367
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbomom View Post
I'd say he just doesn't know what he's talking about. I don't think Jimmy should be making fun of Doug Lee, because that just invites him being made fun of as well, but I think he mostly just relates what a goof DL is.

Jimmy likes good food. He doesn't eat crap/ fast food. He also doesn't overeat. His condition is genetic, involving his thyroid. Frzn assets doesn't have a clue what he's spouting off about.

Sad about Marco He's a good dude.
First: If that's the case, if it's simply genetic, then I sympathize with your situation, I truly have no malice towards Gobbo whatsoever. I have played numerous times at Bellagio tourneys with Jimmy and find him to be an intelligent and generally nice person (if somewhat sarcastic which, although rubbing some people the wrong way, I find a mark of higher intelligence) I am not trying to be mean, that's not what this is. I will say this, regardless of your physical condition, eating 7 and 8 course rich meals at Vegas Restaurants is not healthy at all, period. That kind of caloric intake should be limited even if you are in the best shape possible... And it seems from his twitter account that Jimmy is often doing this.
I truly wish Gobbo the best in the future and was merely advocating friends and family to action if something could be done about it, much like friends and families of alcoholics who intervene when things get bad as well.

Secondly: I think Doug's "condition" is genetic much like Jimmy's and people should cut him some slack for it much like they shouldn't make fun of Jimmy for being over weight. Doug is obviously socially awkward and is somewhat simple minded as well or at least slow in his speech patterns/thought process. I don't think he can help it that he is slow to answer questions and hyperbolizes his achievements and skill levels due to extreme low self esteem and self consciousness.. If anything someone should say to Doug "dude, you shouldn't lie, tell exaggerations, talk yourself up and make things up, it doesn't help your image, it hurts it.." I've been at Doug Lee's table at the Venetian for days at a time and found him to be talkative nut not malicious or mean spirited at all. He's just a dude trying to make it through this world much like Jimmy, obv his antics, exaggerations, etc rub some people the wrong way but he doesn't go out of his way to make fun of people...
frzn assets is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #2858
gobbomom
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gobbomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: gobboville
Posts: 7,262
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

no need for your sympathy frzn assets. as for the rest, I think I pretty much expressed my opinion wrt/ it.
gobbomom is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #2859
Isitdur?
old hand
 
Isitdur?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,637
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I love how this thread is always on the front page of NVG.
Isitdur? is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #2860
frzn assets
journeyman
 
frzn assets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 367
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbomom View Post
no need for your sympathy frzn assets. as for the rest, I think I pretty much expressed my opinion wrt/ it.
Sympathy, like many other human conditions, is not a voluntary state of being.
frzn assets is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #2861
gobbomom
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gobbomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: gobboville
Posts: 7,262
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frzn assets View Post
Sympathy, like many other human conditions, is not a voluntary state of being.
more interestingly, it comes from a state of superiority. We all have our albatrosses.
gobbomom is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #2862
SrslySirius
Animated Character
 
SrslySirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,291
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Let's not confuse sympathy with pity.
SrslySirius is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #2863
zigi
grinder
 
zigi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: thailand
Posts: 651
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbomom View Post
I'd say he just doesn't know what he's talking about. I don't think Jimmy should be making fun of Doug Lee, because that just invites him being made fun of as well, but I think he mostly just relates what a goof DL is.

Jimmy likes good food. He doesn't eat crap/ fast food. He also doesn't overeat. His condition is genetic, involving his thyroid. Frzn assets doesn't have a clue what he's spouting off about.

Sad about Marco He's a good dude.

This shows again how classy gobbomom is.

For all the people out there that make fun of others because of strange behaviour or different looking then average people look in the mirror and realise how silly and stupid you behave.
zigi is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #2864
frzn assets
journeyman
 
frzn assets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 367
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbomom View Post
more interestingly, it comes from a state of superiority. We all have our albatrosses.
You are completely incorrect and are projecting your insecurities on my statement. Sympathy is not derived from a feeling of superiority whatsoever.

FYI

Sympathy: The feeling of care and understanding for suffering beings.
frzn assets is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #2865
gobbomom
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gobbomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: gobboville
Posts: 7,262
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frzn assets View Post

Sympathy: The feeling of care and understanding for suffering beings.
be careful in confusing empathy for sympathy, there is a difference. one comes from a place of compassion, the other is from the ego.
gobbomom is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #2866
frzn assets
journeyman
 
frzn assets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 367
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbomom View Post
be careful in confusing empathy for sympathy, there is a difference. one comes from a place of compassion, the other is from the ego.
This is not correct.

I do not know what it is like to be very obese so i do not empathize; however, I do sympathize because I have care and understanding for humans that are suffering.

Neither are derived from feeling superior at all.

Empathy and Sympathy are relationships based on Shared Emotions & Understanding.

Empathy is understood as the ability to mutually experience the thoughts, emotions, and direct experience of others without them being directly communicated intentionally.

Sympathy is a feeling of care and understanding for suffering beings.

Last edited by frzn assets; 04-04-2011 at 10:44 PM.
frzn assets is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #2867
gobbomom
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gobbomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: gobboville
Posts: 7,262
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

I think that's fine if you think of it in those terms frzn assets. I disagree in the application, but it doesn't matter. Thanks for your good thoughts on behalf of my son.
gobbomom is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #2868
frzn assets
journeyman
 
frzn assets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 367
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbomom View Post
I think that's fine if you think of it in those terms frzn assets. I disagree in the application, but it doesn't matter. Thanks for your good thoughts on behalf of my son.
I hope he has continued success in the future; both in and outside of the poker world.
frzn assets is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #2869
gobbomom
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gobbomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: gobboville
Posts: 7,262
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigi View Post
This shows again how classy gobbomom is.

For all the people out there that make fun of others because of strange behaviour or different looking then average people look in the mirror and realise how silly and stupid you behave.
thanks zigi, but I just got done calling a guy an idiot in LVL, so not so classy, but I appreciate the sentiment.
gobbomom is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #2870
Tom Dwans Son
banned
 
Tom Dwans Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,004
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Why don't you guys like this Doug Lee guy? I dunno anything about him but everything I've read seems like cyber bullying to me (granted, I haven't read this 192 page thread in it's entirety). What did he do that could justify this much hatred for one human being?
Tom Dwans Son is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #2871
frzn assets
journeyman
 
frzn assets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 367
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dwans Son View Post
Why don't you guys like this Doug Lee guy? I dunno anything about him but everything I've read seems like cyber bullying to me (granted, I haven't read this 192 page thread in it's entirety). What did he do that could justify this much hatred for one human being?
Nothing

He's not mean or hateful.
He's socially awkward at times.
His insecurities make him exaggerate his accomplishments.
He had a weird website.
That about wraps it up.

Basically he's eccentric so it makes him an easy target for people.
It is exactly cyber bullying.
frzn assets is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #2872
frzn assets
journeyman
 
frzn assets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 367
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnchipsplease View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigi View Post
This shows again how classy gobbomom is.

For all the people out there that make fun of others because of strange behaviour or different looking then average people look in the mirror and realise how silly and stupid you behave.
This statement could be applied to DL for sure....

Everybody makes fun of him but for no real reason other than he is a little odd and insecure...
frzn assets is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #2873
NoahSD
Is Right
 
NoahSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,865
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Thread got weird.

Let's just agree that doug lee is the biggest tool box ever, gobbo is awesome and also fat (which certainly isn't a contradiction. Both facts are obvious), and it's kinda weird that gobbomom posts here, and then let's move on to talking about how hilariously toolboxy doug lee is again because talking about the fact that gobbo is fat is boring and debating about what sympathy means is super lame.
NoahSD is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #2874
frzn assets
journeyman
 
frzn assets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 367
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnchipsplease View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSD View Post
Thread got weird.

Let's just agree that doug lee is the biggest tool box ever, gobbo is awesome and also fat (which certainly isn't a contradiction. Both facts are obvious), and it's kinda weird that gobbomom posts here, and then let's move on to talking about how hilariously toolboxy doug lee is again because talking about the fact that gobbo is fat is boring and debating about what sympathy means is super lame.
I empathize with you noah...

lol
frzn assets is offline  
Old 04-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #2875
frzn assets
journeyman
 
frzn assets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 367
Re: Doug Lee, biggest toolbox ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSD View Post
Thread got weird.

Let's just agree that doug lee is the biggest tool box ever, gobbo is awesome and also fat (which certainly isn't a contradiction. Both facts are obvious), and it's kinda weird that gobbomom posts here, and then let's move on to talking about how hilariously toolboxy doug lee is again because talking about the fact that gobbo is fat is boring and debating about what sympathy means is super lame.
+1,000,000,000,000
frzn assets is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive