Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2020, 05:30 PM   #76
pokergirl666
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 22
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
Pretty striking example of autogynephilia

Yes! This is the word I was looking for but couldn't recall. My trans friend(who has fully transitioned) and I were discussing Michelle so I let her log into my account & read the book. She questions whether Michelle was genuinely ever suffering from gender dysphoria based on the experiences documented in the book vs the experiences of all the trans people she knows(and she obviously knows many). The only indication in the youth was feeling like he didn't fit in as a boy. A lot of cisgender people fee that way as well though. My friend really believes it was a sexual thing and says its common with so-called trans lesbians. I really don't know one way or the other, and I don't want to take that away from Michelle if that is how she truly feels. But the posts indicate a sexual fascination and the scammer in her knows this is her easiest shot at poker fame.


Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext View Post
This is getting more than a little weird.

I wonder how long the mods will allow the thread to remain open.
I don't see why it would be locked. We aren't really gossiping, mostly everything is backed up with evidence. I've seen much more speculative, harmful posts stay up. If its locked, it would be solely due to the LGBT issues, and that's disappointing. We should be able to have a conversation about this.

Last edited by pokergirl666; 08-05-2020 at 05:39 PM.
pokergirl666 is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 05:34 PM   #77
JohnCleese
old hand
 
JohnCleese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Caerdydd
Posts: 1,890
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

So is this a lesbian transgender female? She has great taste. That insta girl is smoking hot.

I could see this person doing a spot catfishing.
JohnCleese is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 05:45 PM   #78
SrslySirius
Animated Character
 
SrslySirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,195
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokergirl666 View Post
I've seen much more speculative, harmful posts stay up. If its locked, it would be solely due to the LGBT issues, and that's disappointing. We should be able to have a conversation about this.
Sometimes when the mods don't like a thread, it's easy to point to one or two trouble-makers and use that as a reason for locking/deleting.
SrslySirius is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 05:48 PM   #79
AKyouwin
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 194
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext View Post
This is getting more than a little weird.

I wonder how long the mods will allow the thread to remain open.
It's important to stay IMO.

What if at some point she tries to sell action within the LGBT community and they believe her stories of being a poker crusher? So at least this will be there if they do a Google search

Also she is comfortable telling proven lies like her DNegs Tag Team bracelet win, being attacked and assaulted by 4 guys who are now serving life etc.

What if she tries to tell lies about fellow poker players being transphobic and accuse them all sorts?

This isn't about her being trans. It's about her being a pathological liar.
AKyouwin is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 06:14 PM   #80
Crossnerd
quite smart as well
 
Crossnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: This is my crime scene
Posts: 38,105
Lightbulb Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokergirl666 View Post
These posts are borderline sexual harassment. If she hadn't transitioned, male feminists like yourself would be first in line calling him a predator. Consider the double standard please. Just because you decide you identify as a woman in your 50's does not mean you are suddenly allowed to post whatever the hell you want with no consequences.
There’s nothing wrong with those posts. If they were made by a cis woman in her 50’s I don’t think those posts would bother you. They bother you because she’s a transperson.

Also, I’m a real woman, not someone pretending to be “female”, as you say, on the internet.
Crossnerd is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #81
JohnCleese
old hand
 
JohnCleese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Caerdydd
Posts: 1,890
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd View Post
There’s nothing wrong with those posts. If they were made by a cis woman in her 50’s I don’t think those posts would bother you. They bother you because she’s a transperson.

Also, I’m a real woman, not someone pretending to be “female”, as you say, on the internet.
They bother people because most of the stuff this person is posting about is verifiable nonsense and lies.

While those posts about flashing the boys etc may not be lies, although i'd guess they are, they are still very crude and you could understand why someone might think it worth a read.

If a cis woman made up all this same crap and you wondered about their character you could absolutely look at those posts and, together with the lies, make a judgement. So trans effectively has nothing to do with it.
JohnCleese is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 07:44 PM   #82
Xenoblade
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,087
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

did I read it was inappropriate to show pictures of a date to your male friends to have their opinions on how she looks? lol
Xenoblade is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 07:51 PM   #83
Loctus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Loctus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,973
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoblade View Post
did I read it was inappropriate to show pictures of a date to your male friends to have their opinions on how she looks? lol
It was a public facebook post
Loctus is online now  
Old 08-05-2020, 07:52 PM   #84
WateryBoil
Pooh-Bah
 
WateryBoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: And mine are long and sharp my Lord
Posts: 5,596
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

jethis cwithe that pic made me lol

i mean they are clearly nuts let em be nuts.
WateryBoil is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 07:58 PM   #85
thrasher789
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thrasher789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,416
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd View Post
Low key, you sound like a total phobic b*tch here.
I mean is she really though? If a cis woman or man did this NVG would be (rightfully) roasting them to death. It's the most blatantly outrageous poker fan fiction ever and this person is obviously a pathological liar.

I listened to a full podcast featuring her that was at the top of her twitter and she claims that she became trans when she was a truck driver and decided to do a research project at a local university where they told her to dress up like a woman and go to work like nothing was different. She went to work to teach a course on truck driving to truckers wearing a dress and realized she was much more comfortable as a woman and had been experiencing gender dysphoria. I have serious doubts about this study as well as a road safety instructor agreeing to just show up to class wearing a dress/makeup as an experiment.

She also told a poker story so stupid that anyone who plays would know it's bullshit instantly in which she flops a royal flush in a tournament, she could tell the other two players were drawing at the flush so she minbets turn, river brings the fourth spade and they both open shove. The Manager of the entire casino comes over and can't believe it then gets on the loud speaker to the entire casino to announce that there is a royal flush in the poker room. Then she wins the high hand for the hour (in a tournament?) taking home 3k as well as her winnings for the tourney.

I have no idea if OP is transphobic and I'm not and find this professional poker player LARPing very entertaining whether they are cis or trans.

edit: also obviously the 2016 tag team event story is just such a strange thing to lie about, unless Daniel Negreanu dressed up as his best friend Doug Polk and Michelle cosplayed as Fees
thrasher789 is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 08:07 PM   #86
Crossnerd
quite smart as well
 
Crossnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: This is my crime scene
Posts: 38,105
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Nah. OP is just a freak and very weird transphobe.
Crossnerd is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 08:31 PM   #87
JohnCleese
old hand
 
JohnCleese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Caerdydd
Posts: 1,890
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzesh View Post
Is that a photo of her ?

Somewhat confusing. AFAIK, the Rio is not open to the public currently.
That is her. The post is years old.
JohnCleese is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 08:55 PM   #88
Gzesh
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 4,934
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCleese View Post
That is her. The post is years old.
I read the CardPlayer article ....

I think she should be left alone to live her life as she wants to; nothing in this thread seemed like dishonesty or scamming. Rather, I do think she may be delusional, in a Blanche DuBois sort of way.

Shuffle up and deal.
Gzesh is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 09:00 PM   #89
jjjou812
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,288
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd View Post
Low key, you sound like a total phobic b*tch here.
No worries OP, Crossnerd believes this forum only has room for one total phobic b*tch and she does not want to lose her title.
jjjou812 is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 09:24 PM   #90
pokergirl666
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 22
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd View Post
There’s nothing wrong with those posts. If they were made by a cis woman in her 50’s I don’t think those posts would bother you. They bother you because she’s a transperson.

Also, I’m a real woman, not someone pretending to be “female”, as you say, on the internet.
If a cis woman wrote that, I'd make fun of her too. But at least it wouldn't be such a blatant lie. If a cis man in his 50's wrote this stuff, you would be publicly roasting him. You would be calling him a disgusting creep, claiming that he is objectifying women, etc. You and other women would be trying to cancel him. The only reason you don't say that about Michelle is because you're a hypocrite. Because this creep wears a wig and a dress and claims they are female, suddenly their behavior is justified. Because trans people can do no wrong, right?

We're both just usernames on the internet right now. You're just as female as I am sweetie. If you want to reveal your real identity, I'll reveal mine. I alluded to it in another post with a very detailed description of myself that anyone could clock at any point. I have no reason to pretend to be female, this post would've stood regardless of my gender. The facts cannot be negotiated. But hey, since you're such a fan of Michelle, why don't you just message her and ask her the name of the girl who messaged her Tuesday morning? You are defending someone who wrote in their autobiography that they played in a tag team event with Dnegs lmao. You have absolutely no ground to stand on in this argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd View Post
Nah. OP is just a freak and very weird transphobe.
No one is on your side. I haven't been transphobic. Honestly, you look like the freak for going out of your way to defend her. You aren't going to convince anyone that my evidence against Michelle is invalid, so I'm really not sure what you are trying to accomplish. If you think I wouldn't have started this thread if Michelle was a cis woman or if she was still Neil, the truck driving cis dude and made the same outlandish accusations, then you're lying to yourself. If I were transphobic, I would've referred to her with the wrong pronouns. What sort of transphobe takes the time to acknowledge someone as the gender they identify, despite the fact that they do not pass? In fact, you're kind of transphobic since you called yourself a real woman. Is Michelle not a real woman to you?

Last edited by pokergirl666; 08-05-2020 at 09:36 PM.
pokergirl666 is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 09:26 PM   #91
pokergirl666
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 22
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzesh View Post
I read the CardPlayer article ....

I think she should be left alone to live her life as she wants to; nothing in this thread seemed like dishonesty or scamming. Rather, I do think she may be delusional, in a Blanche DuBois sort of way.

Shuffle up and deal.
Is claiming to have played in and won tournaments that never existed not dishonesty?

Last edited by pokergirl666; 08-05-2020 at 09:32 PM.
pokergirl666 is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 09:54 PM   #92
Checkov
adept
 
Checkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 750
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

I've only read a minute of this thread, some paragraphs from OP and a few others.

Isn't it possible that one could write fiction in the guise of realism and still be considered acceptable? The work did something, as any fiction of merit should do - it got this thread published. The worst work is the work that does nothing. It is a fiction of her life.

Are there ethical questions of her as a journalist telling authentic truthful accounts of her life? This writer seems to throw 'fact checking to the wind' - which reveals her sense of her work being benign, even to the unsuspecting.

If an artist, not saying this writer is or isn't, wants to write a false narrative about their life for monetary or artistic reasoning, then it is a form of expression whether you like it or not, agree with it or not. Warhol comes to mind. "A lie that tells the truth" Jacques Cocteau said.

Hope this post doesn't offend, just trying to reveal or understand the nature of writing. If recognized pros deceived their readers with false stories then it should be criticized. For the OP it seemed he was prepared for this journey of playful deceit.
Checkov is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 10:05 PM   #93
Kilowatt
enthusiast
 
Kilowatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,096
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

pokergirl666, if you messaged Michelle under your real name, why not just post it here? Clearly Michelle isn't going to keep the secret for you, so why the secrecy over here?

To be honest, I agree with most of the points you're making. However, you'll get a lot more credibility if you identify who you are and exactly why this seems to matter so much.

Michelle has been lying on the internet for years now, yet I haven't heard of any instance where she's actually scammed anyone. I think she's just delusional and unhappy, and uses the internet to live out an alternate reality fantasy life where she's beautiful, sexy, and a top poker player. There doesn't seem to be an immediate danger of a scam.

I have no issue with you outing the lies and the deceptions "just in case" it later graduates to scamming or obtaining stakes under false premises After all, once you appear in a Carplayer Life article touting your supposed accomplishments, you're definitely fair game.

However, it would be great if you told us more about yourself, including your name which Michelle supposedly already has.

Oh, and I validated your account on my forum.
Kilowatt is offline  
Old 08-05-2020, 10:13 PM   #94
R*R
e.e.
 
R*R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Caesar blade
Posts: 12,032
Re: Delusional "pro" Michelle Nastasis entire career is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext View Post
This is getting more than a little weird.

I wonder how long the mods will allow the thread to remain open.

Agree, it's over.
R*R is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online