Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2015, 10:30 PM   #151
WateryBoil
Pooh-Bah
 
WateryBoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: And mine are long and sharp my Lord
Posts: 4,658
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_ult View Post
Unless you have owned chickens I have no idea how you could know this.

Hint: you're dead wrong.
even if the chicken spoke english to me id still eat it.

because its food

i dunno why intellect of a creature would determine its status of whether or not its a food item anyway the more i think about it.

what should determine what animals we are humans decide to eat en masse, is the sustainability of the animal for generations of future humans to eat.

are their tens of billions of chickens with no loss of quota each year? then eat away. 20,000 of a certain shark species left in the wild? probably shouldnt eat it. is the shark smarter than the chicken? who gives a ****

I suppose 2nd would be the social aspect of the animal you want to eat, you probably shouldnt eat a cat in America in 2015, but its probably super standard in China. perhaps in 2050 they will change socially and cats wont be consumed any longer, or maybe not.

Last edited by WateryBoil; 09-10-2015 at 10:36 PM.
WateryBoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:58 PM   #152
grdred944
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,254
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

I think it is fine if DN wants to promote a vegan diet/lifestyle. The hypocrisy would be if he is a new darling of PETA yet is invested in any funds that hold Kroeger, Whole Foods, et al. Or, any restaurant chain that flourishes off the sale of animals that are slaughtered for human consumption.

I'll contemplate that potential hypocrisy over lunch at Five Guys.
grdred944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:50 PM   #153
Videopro
Formerly Professionalpoker
 
Videopro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Henderson of course.
Posts: 17,203
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Videopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #154
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 47,206
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Best. Simpsons. Episode. Ever.

Meat Council propaganda film, salad conga, McCartneys' Kwik-E-Mart rooftop garden with the secret entrance in the non-alcoholic beer cooler, "When pigs fly", "It's still good! It's still good!"
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:19 PM   #155
TooRareToDie
banned
 
TooRareToDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Life-donk
Posts: 4,305
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WateryBoil View Post
i think apes and orangutans have feelings and conciousness, but we dont eat them, they are like 97% same DNA as human
Yet there seems to be a lot we don't know. Sue Galloway at the University of Otago commented that "sheep are human, basically. Ninety-eight per cent of our genes are the same," and the UK's chief scientist at the time, Bob May, said that "we share half our genes with the banana".


Spoiler:

Last edited by TooRareToDie; 09-15-2015 at 07:28 PM.
TooRareToDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #156
SuperSwag
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,477
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WateryBoil View Post
even if the chicken spoke english to me id still eat it.

because its food

i dunno why intellect of a creature would determine its status of whether or not its a food item anyway the more i think about it.

what should determine what animals we are humans decide to eat en masse, is the sustainability of the animal for generations of future humans to eat.

are their tens of billions of chickens with no loss of quota each year? then eat away. 20,000 of a certain shark species left in the wild? probably shouldnt eat it. is the shark smarter than the chicken? who gives a ****

I suppose 2nd would be the social aspect of the animal you want to eat, you probably shouldnt eat a cat in America in 2015, but its probably super standard in China. perhaps in 2050 they will change socially and cats wont be consumed any longer, or maybe not.
I dont think China is changing anytime soon. One county in China recently banned dogs and the government threatened to kill any dog found.

Also, Chinese people eat more of the animal than America do. In America we generally just eat the good parts, not the whole animal itself.

If you've ever been to a chinese market its wild what they eat and we don't. It would actually be interesting to see how many Chinese are vegan/vegetarian.
SuperSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:44 PM   #157
restorativejustice
veteran
 
restorativejustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,750
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

^^^
I have spent some time in much of China (probably near a year total over the years) and there is NOTHING that the Chinese won't eat. NOTHING.
restorativejustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:50 AM   #158
4GET2PWNED0
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 664
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

thumbs up dnegs for the 420 shout out in the main event this year! as denzel would say "whens the last time you smoked weed dawg", and were you blazed on HSP when you went ballistic with JJ into 8888?
4GET2PWNED0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:30 AM   #159
Dexter_Cain
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,135
Re: Dnegs for PETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobiscommon View Post
If being a vegan makes Daniel healthier and happier then I am very glad for him. But just because someone's a vegan it doesn't mean they need to support a group that propagates pseudoscience and supports domestic terrorism. I expect him to be more rational than this.
What could have lead you to think that he can be rational about anything?
Dexter_Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:21 PM   #160
SSKS
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,448
Daniel negreanu TV show?

Just saw steve aokis snapchat. Daniel negs on set of fourkings coming out next year... supporting role or main role??!?
SSKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #161
SSKS
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,448
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

True?
SSKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #162
SuperSwag
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,477
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSKS View Post
True?
He is listed under the cast on IMDB website so yeah. One of the main characters is a poker dealer so this all makes a lot of sense. A better question is, how is Steve Aoki getting into acting?
SuperSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #163
Carnivore
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,858
Re: Dnegs for PETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberShark93 View Post
I see a stomache ache, diarrhea, a flabby stomach, and a heart attack.

I love meat (though I admire vegetarians/vegans and think they're net good for the whole for sure, but that looks disgusting.
Carnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:16 PM   #164
ByeByeJoe
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 216
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

When is his doc coming out?
ByeByeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #165
apokerplayer
adept
 
apokerplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Author of poker tells books/videos
Posts: 1,002
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WateryBoil View Post
even if the chicken spoke english to me id still eat it.

because its food

i dunno why intellect of a creature would determine its status of whether or not its a food item anyway the more i think about it.
This is so blatantly stupid, I would think you were trolling if there weren't plenty of people who seem to think this way. Listen to what you're saying: you are saying that an animal's intelligence level would have no moral impact on your decision to eat that animal. You are saying that, no matter how intelligent an animal is, you would have no moral compunction eating it owing solely to the reason that some people have eaten that animal in the past. With this kind of illogical thinking (seriously? you'd eat a talking chicken? I find that very hard to believe), you would be ok with eating humans provided your people had a costum of doing that. If alien invaders wanted to eat humans because "we're food," you would apparently have no logical argument to offer against their position. Do you see how silly that is?

But maybe you're just trolling. I hope so.
apokerplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #166
Carnivore
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,858
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

It's probably because religious people have this doctrine pumped into them that all animals were just put here for us to exploit.
Carnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:11 AM   #167
PasswordGotHacked
banned
 
PasswordGotHacked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: With your sister
Posts: 2,913
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
It's probably because religious people have this doctrine pumped into them that all animals were just put here for us to exploit.
Listen to the man - look at his screen name he must know something
PasswordGotHacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:11 AM   #168
Carnivore
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,858
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Yep, meat is my favourite food by far but I think in a perfect world we humans would eat much less of it.
Carnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:22 AM   #169
PasswordGotHacked
banned
 
PasswordGotHacked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: With your sister
Posts: 2,913
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
Yep, meat is my favourite food by far but I think in a perfect world we humans would eat much less of it.
You should be ashamed of yourself and change your name to likesmeatocasionaly
PasswordGotHacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:35 PM   #170
Tommy_Tomich969
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,791
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by apokerplayer View Post
This is so blatantly stupid, I would think you were trolling if there weren't plenty of people who seem to think this way. Listen to what you're saying: you are saying that an animal's intelligence level would have no moral impact on your decision to eat that animal. You are saying that, no matter how intelligent an animal is, you would have no moral compunction eating it owing solely to the reason that some people have eaten that animal in the past. With this kind of illogical thinking (seriously? you'd eat a talking chicken? I find that very hard to believe), you would be ok with eating humans provided your people had a costum of doing that. If alien invaders wanted to eat humans because "we're food," you would apparently have no logical argument to offer against their position. Do you see how silly that is?

But maybe you're just trolling. I hope so.
I think sometimes people on here post really dumb stuff like that then get away with it cos people think they are trolling.
Tommy_Tomich969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:59 PM   #171
RTinnion
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 326
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

http://www.pokermindcoach.com/episod...ealthy-living/

Very good podcast from Daniel/Elliot/Tricia on mindset and a small mention of mason malmuth.
RTinnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:48 AM   #172
PTLou
Jellybean
 
PTLou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,832
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Daniel.

just watched the hand. felt your pain. It would be hard to question your overwhelmingly positive contributions to poker, and you don't owe anyone on 2+2 an explanation, but wow, would love to hear your thinking in that spot.

That board, against that player running like a god, with that stack, in that moment, so close to something that big, just seemed to be an easy fold and either get in better spot with remaining 15BBs, or if no situations developed perhaps squeak into FT, enjoy the next three months as a Nov 9'er.


ps. great interview with Kara afterwards... kept it positive ... handled it a little bit better than Mr. Schwartz
PTLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:54 AM   #173
uradoodooface
banned
 
uradoodooface's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,381
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

I'm surprised by the lack of hate itt lol.
uradoodooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:47 PM   #174
Dexter_Cain
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,135
Re: Dnegs for PETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auca32 View Post
Your argument is based on animals having consciousness/feelings. There is no evidence that they do..
Umm. Have you ever had a pet? This post is incredibly dumb. You don't have to care about their feelings/consciousness but you're really really dumb if you believe they don't have them.
Dexter_Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:58 PM   #175
TheFly
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,856
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

TheFly is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online