Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #1526
bombonca
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,155
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

yup, agree with that.
bombonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #1527
NorsteinBeckler
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 67
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

More douche chills from Daniel on his vlog today. I'm amazed Marissa put up with him for so long. Imagine how obnoxious he must be in person. And I say that as a fan.
NorsteinBeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #1528
Mason Malmuth
Top Dog
 
Mason Malmuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: @MasonMalmuth
Posts: 10,621
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLou View Post
Hi Everyone:

The way I understand this is that the main complaint is that Phil Hellmuth gets different treatment and operates under a different set of rules from the other players at the WSOP. And if that's the way you feel, my recommendation is to file a complaint with The Nevada Gambling Commission:

http://gaming.nv.gov/index.aspx?page=3

You can click on "I Want to ...", then on "File an Interactive (Online) Gambling Complaint, then take it from there.

Best wishes,
Mason
Mason Malmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:04 PM   #1529
TheFly
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,850
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Malmuth View Post
Hi Everyone:

The way I understand this is that the main complaint is that Phil Hellmuth gets different treatment and operates under a different set of rules from the other players at the WSOP. And if that's the way you feel, my recommendation is to file a complaint with The Nevada Gambling Commission:

http://gaming.nv.gov/index.aspx?page=3

You can click on "I Want to ...", then on "File an Interactive (Online) Gambling Complaint, then take it from there.

Best wishes,
Mason
Mason,

As it relates to this incident, I wonder if part of the issue is that the Floor isn't supposed to just jump into the middle of a hand unless called for by a player and/or dealer? So even though the Floor was standing right there, in this case the affected Player didn't say anything (can't fault him as that could give away information), and the dealer sat there as timid as a mouse, so what could the Floor do? Is it normal procedure for a Floor to jump into a hand if they see something if they haven't been called by the dealer or player?

Last edited by TheFly; 07-11-2018 at 11:09 PM.
TheFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:19 AM   #1530
Bageled
grinder
 
Bageled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pechanga
Posts: 621
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Phil Hellmuth won his 15th bracelet and you KNOW that sticks into DNags craw. Well done and congrats PH on being the GREATEST Poker Player to ever grace the felt. Eat it DNagggggggggs.
Bageled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:23 AM   #1531
Mason Malmuth
Top Dog
 
Mason Malmuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: @MasonMalmuth
Posts: 10,621
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Mason,

As it relates to this incident, I wonder if part of the issue is that the Floor isn't supposed to just jump into the middle of a hand unless called for by a player and/or dealer? So even though the Floor was standing right there, in this case the affected Player didn't say anything (can't fault him as that could give away information), and the dealer sat there as timid as a mouse, so what could the Floor do? Is it normal procedure for a Floor to jump into a hand if they see something if they haven't been called by the dealer or player?
Hi TheFly:

You're probably correct relative to the instant the incident happened. But it seems to me that many people have been complaining that the real issue is whether Hellmuth should have received some sort of penalty that possibly could be enforced at a later date.

Best wishes,
Mason
Mason Malmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:43 AM   #1532
JustPoker3b
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 13
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

So happy to see Phil winning his 15th bracelet after DN laughed at him after he busted the main event. Karma is a b****!!!
JustPoker3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:46 AM   #1533
NorsteinBeckler
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 67
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Just finished 2nd place in a tourney after going heads up with 90% of the chips, lost all in with 70%+ chance to win 3 times in a row. I'll spare the details even though I want to share so badly. Punched a concrete wall and broke my hand on the way home. Hahahaha. Oh well, at least I can take solace in the fact that Phil Hellmuth with his A5o all in vs. KK got his 15th bracelet. This game, huh!

Also hey, I'm still +$300,000 ahead of DNegs this WSoP so that's also some solace.
NorsteinBeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:44 AM   #1534
Lemon93PCTSure
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 573
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorsteinBeckler View Post
More douche chills from Daniel on his vlog today. I'm amazed Marissa put up with him for so long. Imagine how obnoxious he must be in person. And I say that as a fan.
Again, "Put up with him" takes two people, there's no right or wrong and they just had 2 people with meh amount of compatibility, I'm sure what you find obnoxious some person will find charming, he's just a relationship donk to have committed to a person that doesn't have the compatibility levels high and didn't have the balls to just call it mutually a day before it got to cheating etc.

He's handling the breakup like I'd say most guys, just makes the thoughts public - petty needling, being like a lost puppy reaching out to exes, dressing up in douchey clothes saying how single life is awesome, grieving not knowing what to do with his free time, rationalising how she wasn't good enough anyways (his list of vegan, dinner conversation etc. lol) A lot of this stuff has gone through most people's heads after a LTR ended, just stayed there. But this is why his Vlog is so popular
Lemon93PCTSure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:55 AM   #1535
Lemon93PCTSure
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 573
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageDonkey View Post
Whether the whole self help thing is beneficial or tricking people, or even dangerous, I think very much depends on the individual receiving it and how naturally malleable their mind is or how malleable they allow it to be by voluntarily submitting it to the course/teachings/concepts that they are being exposed to.

For anyone in the naturally malleable or voluntarily malleable categories I think that it is on balance net harmful.

But there are likely also to be many people who go to something like Choice Centre or to an Anthony Robbins seminar and *are* fully aware that there is an element of brainwashing going on, however, they are able to not be brainwashed and are able to cherry pick some of the insightful, clever and good things from it, of which there are definitely some, probably many.

Which category, malleable or cherry picking, DNegs is in?, I don't think we know.
Nothing's really black and white...you and everyone else is being subconsciously influenced at best and brainwashed at worst by the media, adverts and generally environment. I find at times purposefully using self-help to let brainwash me the other way is a good way just to "keep the balance" of the negative bias of the media etc. helpful

People generally vastly overestimate the capacity and power of their rational brain, almost everything you do is determined or heavily influenced by the unconscious part of it that you can only control indirectly by what you feed it, or very limited parts of it through intense focus and habits eyc. If you go to an 8 hour 3 day Tony Robbins seminar it's virtually impossible to "cherry pick" rationally only what you find useful, you will be influenced subconsciously whether you like it or not, regardless if you decide rationally otherwise.
Lemon93PCTSure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:33 AM   #1536
SageDonkey
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,743
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon93PCTSure View Post
Nothing's really black and white...you and everyone else is being subconsciously influenced at best and brainwashed at worst by the media, adverts and generally environment. I find at times purposefully using self-help to let brainwash me the other way is a good way just to "keep the balance" of the negative bias of the media etc. helpful

People generally vastly overestimate the capacity and power of their rational brain, almost everything you do is determined or heavily influenced by the unconscious part of it that you can only control indirectly by what you feed it, or very limited parts of it through intense focus and habits eyc. If you go to an 8 hour 3 day Tony Robbins seminar it's virtually impossible to "cherry pick" rationally only what you find useful, you will be influenced subconsciously whether you like it or not, regardless if you decide rationally otherwise.
Nobody and nothing is brain washing me, thank you. I question everything ...... can't you tell from how I am on this forum!

If I went to an Anthony Robbins seminar or to Choice Center I would be thrown out for picking a lot of holes in some of their stuff and for revealing some of the BS and dishonest elements of it.

I have been thrown out of high pressure sales technique presentations more than once before!
SageDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #1537
Lemon93PCTSure
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 573
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Haha A+
Lemon93PCTSure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:22 PM   #1538
pocket_zeros
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,827
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Daniel laughing hysterically when Phil busted out of the main event to a 3-outer on the river - go to 8:25



Swell guy
pocket_zeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:40 PM   #1539
TheFly
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,850
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket_zeros View Post
Daniel laughing hysterically when Phil busted out of the main event to a 3-outer on the river - go to 8:25



Swell guy
Of course we probably wont see his reaction to Phil winning his 15th WSOP Bracelet last night.
TheFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:13 PM   #1540
Army Eye
veteran
 
Army Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Foxwoods
Posts: 2,379
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket_zeros View Post
Daniel laughing hysterically when Phil busted out of the main event to a 3-outer on the river - go to 8:25

Swell guy
Yeah. How do you have that reaction in the moment for someone who is supposedly your friend?

Not that I think Daniel is that much of a friend to him. Daniel tries to low-key tear down Phil all the time.
Army Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #1541
TheFly
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,850
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombonca View Post
I enjoyed Today's vlog, not sure if that was another stab at Marissa after that studio thing i didn't get that, and yeah J6 hand he buchered that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2theEV View Post
Of course it was a jab at Marissa!
I do think it's quite lame to keep launching these passive/aggressive barbs at Marissa.

Anyone know if Marissa has a twitter account or something and is responding or saying anything publicly, like DNegs is apparently so willing to do?
TheFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:56 PM   #1542
Me2theEV
adept
 
Me2theEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Near Madison, WI
Posts: 797
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

If she was as classless as him, she’d make one.

Dude, you’re 45...don’t break up like you’re 15.
Me2theEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:59 PM   #1543
inmyrav
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 759
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Idiot thinks people want privacy because they are embarassed about facebook posts.
inmyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:01 PM   #1544
VincentVega
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,159
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Y'all are weak. So what he laughed at his bust out
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:19 PM   #1545
PLIKITYPLAK
old hand
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,571
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

In Vlog 39 Dnegs goes on a rant on why he hates country music so much. It had nothing to do with the music itself. The snowflake actually hates country music because what is associated with it. i.e. the south and conservative views. He says it makes him angry. It probably infringes on his safe space. I'm no fan of country music myself but that is because I actually dont like the melodies themselves, not because of what is associated with it.

I used to be a huge Dnegs fan but he becomes douchier and douchier by the year.
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:21 PM   #1546
NorsteinBeckler
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 67
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmyrav View Post
Idiot thinks people want privacy because they are embarassed about facebook posts.
Yeah imagine the wonderful dinner conversations some lucky lady is missing out on.
NorsteinBeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #1547
SrslySirius
Animated Character
 
SrslySirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,883
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLIKITYPLAK View Post
In Vlog 39 Dnegs goes on a rant on why he hates country music so much. It had nothing to do with the music itself.
There's such a thing as political lesbians, heterosexual women who exclusively date women for feminist reasons.

That's kinda what that reminds me of.
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #1548
Registered 2018
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 454
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

This has got to be the only thread in the entire Universe in which Phil Hellmuth is the good guy. Amazing.
Registered 2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #1549
inmyrav
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 759
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Eye View Post
Yeah. How do you have that reaction in the moment for someone who is supposedly your friend?

Not that I think Daniel is that much of a friend to him. Daniel tries to low-key tear down Phil all the time.
Low key? Daniel treats PH like dirt. I'm not a fan of either as people, but PH is mostly thoughtless towards others. DN is cruel on purpose.
inmyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:14 AM   #1550
Tuma
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Tuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11,616
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

i legit thought dnegs was pushing 50+and was experiencing some kind of old rich man syndrome / continuous midlife crisis. if he's still around poker in 20 years he'll have such an incredible rap sheet.
Tuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online