Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2015, 10:23 PM   #126
GutZ
adept
 
GutZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,061
Re: Dnegs for PETA

PETA was the inspiration for the name of my Salmon slaying boat, Sea Kitten -

http://features.peta.org/PETASeaKittens/
GutZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:11 AM   #127
Auca32
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 193
Re: Dnegs for PETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
^^ Either of you 2 idiots have pets?

Daniel is doing something self-less to promote the well-being of animals and greater health benefits for all. I don't really understand the reason you guys are hating on him so much. Even if you disagree with his opinion, what's the point of personally attacking him for something like this? And what's the point of nitpicking things PETA does compared to considering the grotesque inhumane treatment of millions of animals across America.

Peta's stance offends your guys "opnions" that you don't even realize aren't even your own- you've been force fed them by an insane world since birth, while the other side slaughters living sentient beings with emotions and feelings to provide you numskulls with a diet that is worse for you guys anyway. duhhh
Your argument is based on animals having consciousness/feelings. There is no evidence that they do. Also, there is no proof that a vegan diet is more healthy than a ->well-balanced<- non-vegan diet. You sound just as close-minded as the "numbskulls" you are complaining about.
Auca32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:39 AM   #128
WateryBoil
Pooh-Bah
 
WateryBoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: And mine are long and sharp my Lord
Posts: 4,658
Re: Dnegs for PETA

i think apes and orangutans have feelings and conciousness, but we dont eat them, they are like 97% same DNA as human

dolphins also seem pretty smart?


lets just not eat those but eat the rest.
WateryBoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:56 AM   #129
anonimouse
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 63
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Auca, have you ever stood next to an animal or been in the same room as one? There is your proof, my friend .
anonimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:01 AM   #130
anonimouse
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 63
Re: Dnegs for PETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Socrates View Post

Yeah exactly. And that guy's re tarded
anonimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:07 AM   #131
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 47,206
Re: Dnegs for PETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
what's the point of personally attacking him for something like this?
Indeed. You guys should really try to be more like anonimouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
you 2 idiots
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
you numskulls
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
duhhh
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:17 AM   #132
AllBlackDan
Pooh-Bah
 
AllBlackDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Moon
Posts: 5,026
Re: Dnegs for PETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
^^ Either of you 2 idiots have pets?

Daniel is doing something self-less to promote the well-being of animals and greater health benefits for all. I don't really understand the reason you guys are hating on him so much. Even if you disagree with his opinion, what's the point of personally attacking him for something like this? And what's the point of nitpicking things PETA does compared to considering the grotesque inhumane treatment of millions of animals across America.

Peta's stance offends your guys "opnions" that you don't even realize aren't even your own- you've been force fed them by an insane world since birth, while the other side slaughters living sentient beings with emotions and feelings to provide you numskulls with a diet that is worse for you guys anyway. duhhh
Ok, I'll do it

Hi Daniel!
AllBlackDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:45 AM   #133
Yaksha
adept
 
Yaksha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,095
Re: Dnegs for PETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auca32 View Post
Your argument is based on animals having consciousness/feelings. There is no evidence that they do.
Umm, besides being completely obvious through basic observation, there is an abundance of academic evidence which proves not only that they have feelings (like pain, loss, sorrow, confusion); but the nature of those feelings, how they are expressed, how they effect the animal's behaviour and social groups, etc.

What on earth motivates people to just outright claim there's no evidence for stuff about which they very clearly understand squat? I get that it's easier to just run your mouth [fingers] without wasting time on educating yourself - but even a 10 second Google would've steered you away from that post, come on man

(Having said that, PETA is a horrible and unethical organisation, and any animal-rights activist supporting them is doing a disservice to the cause. DN should be ashamed for lending them some credibility imo)

Last edited by Yaksha; 09-10-2015 at 03:51 AM.
Yaksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:10 AM   #134
volcano41
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 890
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Peta stance on pets= better off dead than a well cared for pet.

Peta buys dogs and cats and kills them...
volcano41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:14 AM   #135
volcano41
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 890
Re: Daniel Negreanu rapping "F** The Police"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldhorses View Post
That could be considered a racist parody by many people.

Kinda like a white canadian poker player putting on blackface and doing a routine.

Be careful Daniel, you are playing with fire.

You just might get branded a racist. And they might not be wrong.
Racist??? get real. Thats like saying black people cant sing "white" songs. You are a racist.
volcano41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:24 AM   #136
PasswordGotHacked
banned
 
PasswordGotHacked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: With your sister
Posts: 2,913
Re: Dnegs for PETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Indeed. You guys should really try to be more like anonimouse.
Bobo for mo.........oh wait. I think I'm doing it wrong
PasswordGotHacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:27 AM   #137
Auca32
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 193
Re: Dnegs for PETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
Umm, besides being completely obvious through basic observation, there is an abundance of academic evidence which proves not only that they have feelings (like pain, loss, sorrow, confusion); but the nature of those feelings, how they are expressed, how they effect the animal's behaviour and social groups, etc.

What on earth motivates people to just outright claim there's no evidence for stuff about which they very clearly understand squat? I get that it's easier to just run your mouth [fingers] without wasting time on educating yourself - but even a 10 second Google would've steered you away from that post, come on man

(Having said that, PETA is a horrible and unethical organisation, and any animal-rights activist supporting them is doing a disservice to the cause. DN should be ashamed for lending them some credibility imo)
English is not my first language so maybe feelings is not the right word. I meant feelings as in in complex conscious subjective emotions such as jealousy, hate, etc. That's why I wrote consciousness/feelings. Did you only read that one word in my post? Please point me to conclusive evidence that animals have consciousness and/or that a vegan diet is more healthy than a well-balanced non-vegan diet
Auca32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:41 AM   #138
PasswordGotHacked
banned
 
PasswordGotHacked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: With your sister
Posts: 2,913
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepySun View Post
when did he confirm he was gay?
Not sure can anyone confirm the date for this kind gentleman?
PasswordGotHacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:50 AM   #139
Yaksha
adept
 
Yaksha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,095
Re: Dnegs for PETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auca32 View Post
English is not my first language so maybe feelings is not the right word. I meant feelings as in in complex conscious subjective emotions such as jealousy, hate, etc. That's why I wrote consciousness/feelings. Did you only read that one word in my post? Please point me to conclusive evidence that animals have consciousness and/or that a vegan diet is more healthy than a well-balanced non-vegan diet
a) I never said vegan diets more healthy; I don't think they are necessarily.

b) Click here for literally the first thing that comes up to a Google of "Do animals have consciousness?". I mean really. I'm sure you can branch out on your own from there. Go ahead and laugh at me for referencing Google as my 'conclusive evidence' - or do ten minutes of research and learn something. Your call

Spoiler:
"At this gathering, called The Francis Crick Memorial Conference, a number of scientists presented evidence that led to this self-obvious conclusion. It's difficult to believe that those who have shared their homes with companion animals didn't already know this. And, of course, many renowned and award-winning field researchers had reached the same conclusion years ago"
Yaksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #140
Auca32
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 193
Re: Dnegs for PETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
a) I never said vegan diets more healthy; I don't think they are necessarily.

b) Click here for literally the first thing that comes up to a Google of "Do animals have consciousness?". I mean really. I'm sure you can branch out on your own from there. Go ahead and laugh at me for referencing Google as my 'conclusive evidence' - or do ten minutes of research and learn something. Your call

Spoiler:
"At this gathering, called The Francis Crick Memorial Conference, a number of scientists presented evidence that led to this self-obvious conclusion. It's difficult to believe that those who have shared their homes with companion animals didn't already know this. And, of course, many renowned and award-winning field researchers had reached the same conclusion years ago"
And if you branch out from the first few google results you will see that animal consciousness (and the level of consciousness) still is a highly discussed question. I'm not sure what I personally belive.. Anyways, this is getting off topic. Pm me if you want to discuss animal consciousness
Auca32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:09 PM   #141
WateryBoil
Pooh-Bah
 
WateryBoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: And mine are long and sharp my Lord
Posts: 4,658
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

i guarantee you a chicken is about as smart as a rock, it doesnt feel anger or hate, jelousy etc.

i dunno why but food animals like mr.cow pig and chicken all seem fine to eat.

large animals and domesticated animals seem way smarter, and more unlikely that we want to consume them.

but who knows maybe cat is tasty
WateryBoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:15 PM   #142
EweSirName
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

chickens can problem solve, and your response was barely english.
EweSirName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:19 PM   #143
Chaos_ult
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Chaos_ult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Doing whatever the hell I want
Posts: 8,883
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WateryBoil View Post
i guarantee you a chicken is about as smart as a rock, it doesnt feel anger or hate, jelousy etc.
Unless you have owned chickens I have no idea how you could know this.

Hint: you're dead wrong.
Chaos_ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:13 PM   #144
anonimouse
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 63
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

The thing is: I'm sure pretty much everyone in this thread has felt discriminated against in some way. Maybe it was race, sex, age, the way they look, being able to play poker in your country, class status, heritage, whatever.

And I know you guys obviously wouldn't like people straight up flaming a guy who is standing up for your rights.

That's what Daniel is doing here for the animals. Daniel is standing for a group of (God's) beings who's lives basically suck before they get slaughtered. That seems like a pretty legit and selfless cause to stand up for.

But if people were flaming whoever was standing up for your guy's particular causes I'm sure you would be up in arms. Now I don't blame you guys, we've all been there- but regardless of your thoughts on eating meat, your negative comments towards Daniel simply reek of short-sighted ignorance that I know you guys will get over as you grow up, but I'm just pointing it out here right now to maybe help you get over it a little more quickly.
anonimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:14 PM   #145
GutZ
adept
 
GutZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,061
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

I currently own one and a half chickens.
GutZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:55 PM   #146
Ace upmy Slv
adept
 
Ace upmy Slv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Posting the Kill
Posts: 862
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Animals eat other animals.

Animals kill other animals for things other than just food (protecting their turf, vying for a mate, etc.).

So, it PETA against the carnivorous animals as well, lol? Are their hearts bleeding for the Gazelle over the Lion?

I do think hunting for sport is absolutely disgusting and even hunting and killing things that you eat is borderline. For those that absolutely need to hunt for their food, which is not many people left in the world today other than 3rd world nations, very rural areas, areas above 60d North or below 60d south etc., I can see it. However, when you have options of going to the store for meat that was bred specifically for food, no reason to shoot a wild animal to get your blood thirst on.

Other than fish and other seafood, we breed about 95% of the animals specifically for food. These 'beings' would not exist if it weren't for them being bred to eat, so I do not see any issues with eating your standard beef, chicken, or pork. The conditions of said farms/factories and some of the treatment of the animals is another story. I do agree that needs to get better, but just the belief that you should not eat meat is absurd. If you think it is healthier for you, that is one thing, but to do it because you don't want to support the killing of animals, that it another. For all the Jesus freaks, we were designed by God (we evolved to) specifically to eat other meat as part of our diet. Hunters and gatherers, hunters and gatherers.....
Ace upmy Slv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:07 PM   #147
SpursDynasty
grinder
 
SpursDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 505
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsjgM_GME-Y

1:00 in
SpursDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:36 PM   #148
SuperSwag
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,477
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

My brother owns chickens. They are decently intelligent, it just seems they are stupid because they have so many predators (foxes, coyotes, hawks etc) So people probably assume they are dumb cause they are always getting eaten.

If you ever owned a chicken you'd know when a predator is around the alpha chicken warns the other chickens to go inside.
SuperSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:59 PM   #149
Ace upmy Slv
adept
 
Ace upmy Slv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Posting the Kill
Posts: 862
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpursDynasty View Post
Very good interview and Tyson is one of my favorite 'science communicators'. However, none of that interview had anything to do with eating meat as part of our diet. It was more about how we treat animals in general and our own ethics. There is a huge difference between the two. I would think 99% of the people in this forum share similar beliefs about how we do/should treat animals in general, but a descent split about the eating of meat in general.
Ace upmy Slv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #150
PasswordGotHacked
banned
 
PasswordGotHacked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: With your sister
Posts: 2,913
re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwag View Post
My brother owns chickens. They are decently intelligent, it just seems they are stupid because they have so many predators (foxes, coyotes, hawks etc) So people probably assume they are dumb cause they are always getting eaten.

If you ever owned a chicken you'd know when a predator is around the alpha chicken warns the other chickens to go inside.
The alpha chicken bahahahaha
PasswordGotHacked is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online