Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2020, 04:43 PM   #6026
golfbum983
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,670
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket_zeros View Post
The "if I didn't take the money someone else would have" defense. I'm also not a poker pro who spent his entire career putting himself on an ethical pedestal and calling out and cancelling others he saw doing shady behavior.
Are you trying to tell me poker players are ethical or generally care about ethics?

I could make a list of all your fav fanboys and how they all did shady s*** except a handful, and even those handful have probably done shady things we aren’t aware of.

It’s the profession of trying to make others broke afterall.
golfbum983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:44 PM   #6027
Airblaze
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 353
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfbum983 View Post
Yeah I bet you would turn down 3 mill a year if it was you.
Yeah, but the problem was that Negreanu tried to have his cake and eat it too. The guy tried to be virtuous and get paid at the same time.
Airblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #6028
pocket_zeros
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,258
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfbum983 View Post
Are you trying to tell me poker players are ethical or generally care about ethics?
I have no idea. But Daniel believes himself to be, and he's the topic of this conversation.
pocket_zeros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:16 PM   #6029
freedom 35
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 282
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfbum983 View Post
Yeah I bet you would turn down 3 mill a year if it was you.
Imagine taking the 3 mill a year and crying that it's unfair to get associated with the company who is providing him it. He chose to stay with Stars during SNE removal so who cares what he said in private at the time, or years later while no longer with the company.

If I took the 3 mill a year I'd probably just STFU about it and realize I made my choice and move on.
freedom 35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:42 AM   #6030
MeleaB
See my Commercial Software thread
 
MeleaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The emulator-whisperer
Posts: 4,957
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket_zeros View Post
In today's DAT Poker Podcast (10/01/20), Daniel claims he never defended PokerStar's decision to stiff the SNE players.

Starting at 27:42 into the podcast:

"I spoke out against it for months. I never, never defended it even when I was with the company. I put myself at risk for being sued myself at the time"

So I guess his past claims that PokerStar's stiffing SNE players was just a "miscommunication" was itself a miscommunication.

And people still wonder why he is despised by poker players.
He's such a loathsome, repulsive, sad little man. He defended the company while pretending to be helping the players in order to reduce the amount of flack he was taking. He was NEVER going to resign- he was just trying to appease players and make out it was simply a "communications error." He is a deceitful, disgusting and vile wimp, who did a reasonably good job convincing ignorant, [mainly] recreational players that he was this cheerful, fun chap who cared about players and the so-called "poker ecosystem." He was happy to pocket his pay check in exchange for propagating the the vomit-inducing propaganda fed to him by his handler, Eric Hollreiser.

I wrote and talked a lot about all of that crap at the time. Bringing back those memories has just made me puke in my mouth.
MeleaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:57 AM   #6031
Barry Urinstein
veteran
 
Barry Urinstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Unforgiving Fire
Posts: 2,408
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleaB View Post
He's such a loathsome, repulsive, sad little man. He is a deceitful, disgusting and vile wimp.
Yes.
Barry Urinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:37 PM   #6032
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 784
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

typical memory hole nonsense. Pretend something never happened and fervently speak to the exact opposite of what occurred.
ejames209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:13 AM   #6033
rjr777
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: flat earth
Posts: 810
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleaB View Post
He's such a loathsome, repulsive, sad little man. He defended the company while pretending to be helping the players in order to reduce the amount of flack he was taking. He was NEVER going to resign- he was just trying to appease players and make out it was simply a "communications error." He is a deceitful, disgusting and vile wimp, who did a reasonably good job convincing ignorant, [mainly] recreational players that he was this cheerful, fun chap who cared about players and the so-called "poker ecosystem." He was happy to pocket his pay check in exchange for propagating the the vomit-inducing propaganda fed to him by his handler, Eric Hollreiser.

I wrote and talked a lot about all of that crap at the time. Bringing back those memories has just made me puke in my mouth.
While Iím not DN fan and what you say might be true...

Yet you sell emulators that allow people to use 3rd party software, rta, solvers, potentially bots, and cheat. So maybe youíre just projecting in this post?
rjr777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:39 AM   #6034
georgelboss
enthusiast
 
georgelboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 73
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjr777 View Post
While I’m not DN fan and what you say might be true...

Yet you sell emulators that allow people to use 3rd party software, rta, solvers, potentially bots, and cheat. So maybe you’re just projecting in this post?
+1 @rjr777

In my opinion, the worst thing that ever happened to Poker was the emergence of solvers.

Now every online high stakes player tries to emulate a machine. It's getting boring, there is no fun in playing online anymore. (except maybe micro stakes)
georgelboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:17 AM   #6035
MeleaB
See my Commercial Software thread
 
MeleaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The emulator-whisperer
Posts: 4,957
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjr777 View Post
While Iím not DN fan and what you say might be true...

Yet you sell emulators that allow people to use 3rd party software, rta, solvers, potentially bots, and cheat. So maybe youíre just projecting in this post?
You're the muppet who *literally* believes the Earth is flat, right?

I'm a software developer with a product that can be found in the commercial software thread.

If being a Flat-Earther doesn't immediately disqualify you from any relevant discussion, then claiming that someone "sells emulators" does.

MeleaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:19 AM   #6036
rjr777
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: flat earth
Posts: 810
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleaB View Post
You're the muppet who *literally* believes the Earth is flat, right?

I'm a software developer with a product that can be found in the commercial software thread.

If being a Flat-Earther doesn't immediately disqualify you from any relevant discussion, then claiming that someone "sells emulators" does.

Keep helping cheaters and then getting mad at DN... it makes a lot of sense
rjr777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:57 AM   #6037
MeleaB
See my Commercial Software thread
 
MeleaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The emulator-whisperer
Posts: 4,957
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjr777 View Post
Keep helping cheaters and then getting mad at DN... it makes a lot of sense
Just like I would turn down a boxing match against a 5-year old, I'm not going to have a debate or explain that "selling emulators" isn't a thing, with someone who thinks the Earth is flat.

Last edited by MeleaB; 10-06-2020 at 11:09 AM.
MeleaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:16 AM   #6038
rjr777
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: flat earth
Posts: 810
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleaB View Post
Just like I would turn down a boxing match against a 5-year old, I'm not going to have a debate or explain that "selling emulators" isn't a thing, with someone who thinks the Earth is flat.
Ok but youíre active in the community actively helping cheaters... whether you want to admit it or not is up to you....

Oh right the crack beads would still use if you didnít sell to them...

You are at a minimum complicit in helping further ruin online poker.
rjr777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 04:30 AM   #6039
lighter7
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 10
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

i want to buy solver
lighter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 02:37 PM   #6040
inmyrav
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,421
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Daniel was honest about pstars when he said f the pros. If he was Donald they'd vote for him.
inmyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 03:08 PM   #6041
inmyrav
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,421
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfbum983 View Post
Maybe heís a bit narcissistic but I donít think heís a ďbadĒ guy.....
the idea of making a contribution is foreign to him.
inmyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:54 PM   #6042
THAY3R
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
THAY3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Que?
Posts: 36,383
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Drama over the use of charts but I think it's totally fine for Daniel to request no charts and if Doug refuses to play over it then LOL Doug
THAY3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #6043
inmyrav
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,421
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighter7 View Post
i want to buy solver
yeah really. who's got the fresh package?
inmyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:13 AM   #6044
DCJ001
veteran
 
DCJ001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,806
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

DN makes a funny appearance in this one minute video for poker king:

Our Pros vs. THEIR Pros

DCJ001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:43 AM   #6045
Jay Why
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lundun
Posts: 841
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleaB View Post
He's such a loathsome, repulsive, sad little man. He defended the company while pretending to be helping the players in order to reduce the amount of flack he was taking. He was NEVER going to resign- he was just trying to appease players and make out it was simply a "communications error." He is a deceitful, disgusting and vile wimp, who did a reasonably good job convincing ignorant, [mainly] recreational players that he was this cheerful, fun chap who cared about players and the so-called "poker ecosystem." He was happy to pocket his pay check in exchange for propagating the the vomit-inducing propaganda fed to him by his handler, Eric Hollreiser.

I wrote and talked a lot about all of that crap at the time. Bringing back those memories has just made me puke in my mouth.
This typical Negreanu fan MeleaB is focussed on only seeing the positives about him!

But at least it strongly supports my previous comment that people exaggerate when they say Negreanu is hated, MeleaB's affectionate comments reflect the extensive support that Negreanu still generates among knowledgeable poker fans.

Team Negreanu now has three remaining members, MeleaB, Rocky and Apollo.
Jay Why is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:03 AM   #6046
cephei
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 165
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here



imagine having a millionaire living rent free in your head, must be tilting af.
cephei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:24 AM   #6047
Hueeey
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 76
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Why View Post
This typical Negreanu fan MeleaB is focussed on only seeing the positives about him!

But at least it strongly supports my previous comment that people exaggerate when they say Negreanu is hated, MeleaB's affectionate comments reflect the extensive support that Negreanu still generates among knowledgeable poker fans.

Team Negreanu now has three remaining members, MeleaB, Rocky and Apollo.
I was reading the body of this post without looking at the poster and said to myself this has to be a Jay Why post, NAILED IT!

Gotta love a good ol' spazz post from Jay Why.
Hueeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:58 PM   #6048
Joe Knott
grinder
 
Joe Knott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 425
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephei View Post


imagine having a millionaire living rent free in your head, must be tilting af.
This is absolutely insane.
Joe Knott is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online